Twinks and 2nd accounts

Report player disruptions on the servers
Leroy
Community Member

Twinks and 2nd accounts

Post#1 » Fri 08 Mar, 2019 10:53 pm

Is there any way you guys can check for IPs?

Today we had some very obvious 2nd account players, who even admitted it.

Even saying how they share/buy/sell steam arma3 accounts on www.playerauctions.com.

Leroy
Community Member

Re: Twinks and 2nd accounts

Post#2 » Fri 08 Mar, 2019 11:29 pm

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#3 » Sat 09 Mar, 2019 1:18 am

if they didn't get banned a short time before most people will have a different IP than they had when they got banned.
but if they really are stupid enough to admit they are evading a ban by changing the account, i guess they could just get banned again...

Leroy
Community Member

Post#4 » Sat 09 Mar, 2019 11:12 am

My guess is that they use the 2nd account while they are playing on the other team. That´s what i meant with checking and comparing IPs.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#5 » Sat 09 Mar, 2019 5:04 pm

@Leroy i checked a bit.
No he was not connected twice (at least not with the same IP adress in that session)
You both got on rage and threw some cursings against each other (not sure how to decide on that i will ask another admin for that)
BTW what he meant with selling is probably that he sold his steam account, thats against EULA of steam but not really our business.

I hope someone of the Admin team will reply quickly on what we decide.

Leroy
Community Member

Post#6 » Sat 09 Mar, 2019 10:57 pm

So you can check IPs now?

Well. I guess we will never find out then.

But yea, i think i was a little bit out of line there too at some times.

Still weird how this guy plays like a regular and started yesterday with a 0 XP.

Leroy
Community Member

Post#7 » Sun 10 Mar, 2019 12:31 am

Still having problems wrapping my head around this.

So they gave you the rcon password to work the server as an admin.

I was an admin too once for some old arma servers. And with the rcon PW alone and some restrictions to do bans and kicks there was no way to check for IPs or such.

Or does this EUTW thing work so much different?

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#8 » Sun 10 Mar, 2019 9:27 am

We dont use rcon anymore (at least i havent seen).
I can check logs directly not everyone can though.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#9 » Sun 10 Mar, 2019 9:30 am

To the 0 XP and good player. I have a friend that likes arma very much.
He cheated in some minor game protected by BE and linked to Steam.
It made 12 of his games worthless and he had to create a new account and buy the games again.
There are many reasons why someone is good but has a fresh account.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#10 » Sun 10 Mar, 2019 9:33 am

But in general we have a tool where we have the replay(almost live) with some general data.
Additional when you write the word admin in the chat we can see that. Thats the way how i find timestamps really quick.

Infanterie666
Community Member

Post#11 » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 3:10 pm

Leroy wrote:...

What is your problem exactly? Tell us the real reason why you insist on getting me "banned" so everyone can read it.

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:No he was not connected twice (at least not with the same IP adress in that session)

What a pathetic claim of him that I'm using two accounts to play on two teams at the same time. Yeah man, I totally do this, I have zero real life and nothing else to do lmao. Not even to speak of the costs for the game 2x, the computer 2x, the peripherals 2x and more ... Imagine what he is claiming and think about it. How pathetic is this? My sides.

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:You both got on rage and threw some cursings against each other ...

I wasn't raging, I was SERIOUSLY wondering what this guys problem is because he attacks me out of nowhere. Yeah, it's quite interesting that he tried to paint me as the bad guy somehow but didn't tell the whole story in the initial post, that he literally flamed me for no reason out of nowhere just because it's my new account. I even admitted myself right from the start that it's my new account because I sold the other one years ago (went inactive completely with video games). So I bought Arma anew because I wanted to see how it's going, how did I disrupt the gameplay of someone? How did I attack someone with this? How is this against the "rules" of EUTW mod, to come back after years to it? I don't see it. Instead of being happy that old players come back after years to EUTW he tries to get me banned because he can't take the fact that I'm looking more skilled than him when considering the low number of hours on this game (2nd account). I take all this bullshit claims of him as a compliment honestly, you, "Leroy", have acknowledged something deep inside it seems.

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:BTW what he meant with selling is probably that he sold his steam account, thats against EULA of steam but not really our business.

Not just prolly, but exactly that. I never avoided the fact that it's my new account, I outright wrote it in the chat. So where is this guys problem? Being childish has a brand new meaning - trying to get players banned which came back to the mod after years while the playercount decreased rapidly over the last months and years because he feels hurt in his Arma 3 ego. Really ... :bump:

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:I hope someone of the Admin team will reply quickly on what we decide.

I don't see how this is a question now that I explained this whole story, isn't it? This also is why I already wrote to him that he is sensitive and emotional - which he is, let's face it.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#12 » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 5:33 pm

@Infanterie666 we have rules about :

INSULTING

Insulting players, calling players names, racism, trolling, provoking or any toxic behavior is not tolerated and may result in a permanent ban.

As im not sure i asked the other admins.

The other things:
2 Accounts in both teams. We had that in the past... dont ask me what people get from that, but technically i could do that too. (My GF has Arma 3 too and her PC is like 50cm away)

I have not really more to add to the discussion.

Infanterie666
Community Member

Post#13 » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 5:52 pm

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:@Infanterie666 we have rules about :

INSULTING

Insulting players, calling players names, racism, trolling, provoking or any toxic behavior is not tolerated and may result in a permanent ban.

As im not sure i asked the other admins.

And where did I insult him? Pointing out that he went emotional on it and tried to get me banned for no reason at all is not an insult. The same as when you point out that someone smells bad because he smells bad, it isn't an insult either.

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:The other things:
2 Accounts in both teams. We had that in the past... dont ask me what people get from that, but technically i could do that too. (My GF has Arma 3 too and her PC is like 50cm away)

Yeah, what exactly would I get from that? His implication that I did this and would waste my time is an insult by itself, what would I gain? He also implied that I am "too good" for how low my play hours are ("You are a cheater"), you could see this in the logs. That there were players doing this doesn't mean that I automatically did the same. Who and why the hell would someone do this? :bump:
Last edited by Infanterie666 on Wed 13 Mar, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#14 » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 5:59 pm

(Side) Infanterie666: ask the tranny, i dont know 21:37:09
(Side) Infanterie666: rhetoric questions right here 21:36:57
(Side) Infanterie666: can you just kill yourself?

Thats some lines i personally dont want to see. Personal reasons

Infanterie666
Community Member

Post#15 » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 6:30 pm

I have no problem with defending myself when necessary, still see no insults. He should've just not attempted to attack me in any way, he gotta deal with the reaction, actio = reactio.

And nice how you've pasted only MY comments without the context, nobody can see right now why I posted what I posted in sidechat, nobody can read what he wrote. Objectiveness doesn't work this way, this is going into cherry picking territory. Just as a sidenote.

Deeelite
Donator

Post#16 » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 7:27 pm

@ Infanterie
It's all fine dude, relax. Everyone here knows who is who, consider this. E.g. we have a few 'inflamable' members in our community or very suspicious ones as well as very calm and quiet ones. This means that post after post, we all learned how to interpretate each post according the author, giving it a more appropriate meaning. It's a kind of not written rule. As I posted time ago, each person is different and, unofficially, the same behaviour may be differently interpretated by admins and members. All we learn who is who among the time we spend togheter, both in game and in forum. Alacazin and me had a bad experience on our first contact in game but we managed to solve the misunderstanding in a couple of weeks. He was convinìced I was an haker/troller because of an arma bug but time mended the problem. Now we are very good mates. The best way we have here to show the others who we are is given by our daily acting and time put together. I already noticed you are a good player and this post was telling me nothing bad about you even without reading your comments. I only saw Leroy noticing a souspicious fact, trying to unserstand it. I do understand him since lately some hackers entered eutw screwing up the fun to everyone. But we all also know Leroy as suspicious guy and, let me tell you, he is not the n1 in it. At the same time is good to have someone like him here, taking care for us of every strange phenomena which may occour in game and reporting it. Most of us may be too superficial to notice it.

So, just play on fairly as u always do and trust in yourself when misunderstanding occours. Admins and we players are not blind.

;) Deee
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

Infanterie666
Community Member

Post#17 » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 7:31 pm

Deeelite wrote:...

I'm the most relaxed in here, don't worry. God knows I'm the good guy :)
Last edited by Infanterie666 on Wed 13 Mar, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deeelite
Donator

Post#18 » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 7:33 pm

Oh, forgive me, I forgot it: welcome back.

tip of the day: ArmA requires lot of ram, a good processor and...tons of patience ! :)
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

Alacazain
Donator

Post#19 » Fri 15 Mar, 2019 4:34 am

"Alacazin and me had a bad experience on our first contact in game but we managed to solve the misunderstanding in a couple of weeks."

He tried to rape me :(… Now we are good friends like Michael Jackson And Macaulay Culkin :lol:

3Hugger
Community Member

Post#20 » Fri 15 Mar, 2019 2:49 pm

One sided information is given as an admin sees fit to address a certain point as TMoB did, this is striking: an admin is a judge, the admin rules. An admin does not need to explain and act as an lawyer for both parties, but is allowed to do so.

For complete (enough) information, which is available to donating members, whom have claimed their donations, see the forum for more information. So if anyone wants to seek more detailed information it is available.

Of course everyone is able to log any occurrences themselves, which may or may not be presented to the EUTW admins. And may or may not be shared as the admins (or the collector) see fit.

Anyone is able to raise questions, request help or point towards a suspected situation regarding breaking the rules, or even address the rules themselves.

The admins decide and have ruled based on this thread and admins took note of this thread, it is now closed due to no new information has been given, neither are there new active developments which derive from this thread at this moment as known to the EUTW admins.

Therefor this thread is closed.