Additional gear/customization options

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
Jamazonas
Donator

Additional gear/customization options

Post#1 » Sat 01 May, 2021 2:52 pm

I honestly think it would be fun to be able to equip more diverse gear for specific playstyles.
for example, tanker helmets or helicopter pilot helmets for the available factions would be fun to equip with the rifleman class, in the case for people like me who enjoy piloting or driving vehicles to support/transport team-mates.

Also, the light fatigues for the CSAT faction seems completely un-utilized in the mode (as far as i have seen, and would honestly serve as a nice starter uniform for the faction classes.

I kinda feel like there is a lack of options when it comes to the optional gear in some categories, and would love to see them expanded a bit, if possible.
what are other people's thoughts?

Jamazonas
Donator

Re: Additional gear/customization options

Post#2 » Sat 01 May, 2021 3:15 pm

I forgot to mention that having the CSAT urban uniforms would be a nice touch for most classes. in case people would like to use them on planned assaults / defences of urban areas

Mudokon
Donator

Post#3 » Sat 01 May, 2021 3:50 pm

Jamazonas wrote:
Also, the light fatigues for the CSAT faction seems completely un-utilized in the mode (as far as i have seen, and would honestly serve as a nice starter uniform for the faction classes.

Making the light fatigues the starter uniform for Opfor would kinda destroy Opfor since the armored uniform is their main source of protection. The light CSAT fatigues only give additional armor to the legs compared to other uniforms, which would always make them a 1-hit to the chest considering Opfor's only armored vest is the tactical vest. Lore wise, the light fatigues are only utilised by African CSAT forces on Malden anyway.
Also I feel like 80% of people wouldn't upgrade to the better uniform. Same thing happens in Blufor and Independent, where most people don't bother with better vests and just keep the weak lvl 3 vest.

Adding the urban fatigues to Opfor might be a nice idea though.

Helmets like the pilot helmet don't really match with the other available equipment. Would encourage people to run around like clowns on the battlefield like seen in KOTH, which I personally dislike. EUTW does restrictions really well.

The only thing I want to see is silencers for MPs returning. Those are not as OP as silencers for snipers, because MPs are super weak and also shoot tracer rounds occasionally. Also the AT class can't equip MPs for some reason which is weird.

Jamazonas
Donator

Post#4 » Sat 01 May, 2021 4:57 pm

Mudokon wrote:
Jamazonas wrote:

Making the light fatigues the starter uniform for Opfor would kinda destroy Opfor since the armored uniform is their main source of protection. The light CSAT fatigues only give additional armor to the legs compared to other uniforms, which would always make them a 1-hit to the chest considering Opfor's only armored vest is the tactical vest. Lore wise, the light fatigues are only utilised by African CSAT forces on Malden anyway.
Also I feel like 80% of people wouldn't upgrade to the better uniform. Same thing happens in Blufor and Independent, where most people don't bother with better vests and just keep the weak lvl 3 vest.

Adding the urban fatigues to Opfor might be a nice idea though.

Helmets like the pilot helmet don't really match with the other available equipment. Would encourage people to run around like clowns on the battlefield like seen in KOTH, which I personally dislike. EUTW does restrictions really well.

The only thing I want to see is silencers for MPs returning. Those are not as OP as silencers for snipers, because MPs are super weak and also shoot tracer rounds occasionally. Also the AT class can't equip MPs for some reason which is weird.

Very true lore-wise and regarding people not upgrading gear. Maybe the pilot helmets aren't that great of an idea, but i still feel like crew headgear would be neat, like the "newer" OPFOR and Independent black crew headgear and vanilla hemlets. i don't feel like they look out of place and adds more variety to the visuals of players if they wish to use them.

Also, did the SMGs become completely removed from the class loadouts? i have not been able to get one for a long time, and pairing a heavy AT launcher with a much lighter weapon would be great.

sEi
Donator

Post#5 » Tue 11 May, 2021 5:18 pm

Jamazonas wrote:......
Also, did the SMGs become completely removed from the class loadouts? i have not been able to get one for a long time, and pairing a heavy AT launcher with a much lighter weapon would be great.

Just passing by, maybe this helps:
https://wiki.eutw.net/index.php?title=Rifleman(AT)