NYX AT/AA on lite

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
Grenadier
Donator

NYX AT/AA on lite

Post#1 » Tue 09 Mar, 2021 2:49 pm

Green team have an advantage with nyx AA/AT on lite layouts.
while the rest of the teams only have static launchers, nyx can easily change position and fast rearmed
example, 1 Nyx AT controlling key flags from long range

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Re: NYX AT/AA on lite

Post#2 » Tue 09 Mar, 2021 5:29 pm

Agree.

Is AA nyx also available on lite? If so, then should be removed. But I think AA is not available.
Also AT nyx should not be available on lite layouts. Not in balance with other factions on lite.

Grenadier
Donator

Post#3 » Thu 11 Mar, 2021 12:41 pm

i was wrong , NYX AA not available on lite.

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#4 » Fri 12 Mar, 2021 7:38 pm

Nyx AT is in line with other faction's AT capabilities. There are other IFVs/APCs/technicals with ATGM launchers available, too.

Grenadier
Donator

Post#5 » Fri 12 Mar, 2021 10:11 pm

Nyx AT not the same as APC, other category. i would say Nyx AT comparable as prowler/qulin AT, but thats vehicles is not available on lite.
with current situation, Nyx AT always will be appear earlier other APC.
especially, marid and panther cant fight againt Nyx AT

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#6 » Sat 13 Mar, 2021 12:21 am

a Nyx can be killed my a MAAWS HE though, even the paper armor marshall can survive more
My Steam Profile

• Worth: WAAYYY TOO MUCH
  • Games owned: 323
  • Games played: 205 (63%)
  • Hours on record: 7,946.8h

Grenadier
Donator

Post#7 » Sat 13 Mar, 2021 12:34 pm

the problem is not destruction, the problem of having AT vehicle for only one faction.
with the meaning that a machine is destroyed by one missile, then these prowler/qulin AT are generally easier to destroy, then why not add them too?

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#8 » Sat 13 Mar, 2021 2:27 pm

Nyles wrote:Nyx AT is in line with other faction's AT capabilities. There are other IFVs/APCs/technicals with ATGM launchers available, too.

Is it? Do I remember correctly?

Blufor:
Marshall -> no ATGM
Panthern -> no ATGM

Opfor:
Marid -> no ATGM
Kamysh -> has ATGM

AAF:
Gorgon -> has ATGM
Mora -> no ATGM
Nyx AT -> has ATGM

So blufor does not have any ATGM capable vehicles?
And what was prices for these vehicles? If I remember correctly Nyx is way cheaper than any other vehicle.
And did Nyx had like double (or even triple) amount of missile compared to two others?
AAF can dominate some lite maps with vehicles if they want to.
I would remove all ATGMs from lite. Or at least this Nyx AT.

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#9 » Sun 14 Mar, 2021 3:22 pm

Every faction can deploy static guided AT, and Nyx is crippled with a few rounds from any autocannon. It usually comes down to who gets the first shot.

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#10 » Thu 18 Mar, 2021 3:18 am

Nyles wrote:Every faction can deploy static guided AT, and Nyx is crippled with a few rounds from any autocannon. It usually comes down to who gets the first shot.

Nyx'es FireFIST lock range 4,5km vs titan AT lock range 2,0km (cannon ranges? maybe around 2km?). What do you think who gets the first shot? Issue is not that bad on all lite layouts, like in Beached Boat beacuse of very limited visibility. But like in that Kore map, it can be game breaking.

Was is also that Nyx AT has 6x FireFIST missiles? Quite a lot for very cheap price compared to anything else.

As we can see Nyx AT is out of balance on lite. Without it factions are more in balance.

With Nyx AT:
- Blufor has no ATGM vehicles, just static AT (titan)
- Opfor has Kamysh (titan) and static AT (titan)
- AAF has Nyx AT (FireFIST), Gorgon (titan) and static AT (titan)

Without Nyx AT:
- Blufor has no ATGM vehicles, just static AT (titan)
- Opfor has Kamysh (titan) and static AT (titan)
- AAF has Gorgon (titan) and static AT (titan)

Or can someone explain to me how with Nyx AT game is in better balance?

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#11 » Thu 18 Mar, 2021 3:36 pm

You have to see it with the full faction breakdown due to the asymmetric balance in the game. A Nyx is super specialized and struggles against threats that other vehicles of its class could generally deal with better. So while it's a great armour killer, you can hunt it down pretty quickly with infantry and aircraft as it just has that .50cal otherwise.

It's fair to discuss if the Nyx (AT) needs a price boost, but we are not going to remove it from LITE.