Suggestions : Things that would make me play again

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
Deathicael
Community Member

Suggestions : Things that would make me play again

Post#1 » Fri 15 Jan, 2021 7:11 pm

Yes I know the title is conceited and if your intent was to come in here and point it out ... move on.

- Make all factions contiguous regardless of geo location.
Screw all this NATO WEST / UK nonsense just give the factions all of their kit. The arbitrary lore that has been constructed for the missions is pointless and just limits choice. If the mission editor says it belongs to CSAT/NATO/INDI then just give it to them.

- Remove team choice, institute auto balance, and enforce team locks.
We've seen time and time again players in this community cannot be trusted to balance teams or to have a conscience when it comes to choosing a less experienced team. When you join the server you should be auto placed into a team and then allowed to choose which unit type you want and then locked to that team for the entirety of the round. I believe this will force players to develop new channels of communication with players they do not normally associate with as most times teams get stacked with players that know each other and refuse to teach new or lesser experienced players.

- Make vehicles that look like the MHQ available to allow players to use decoys.
If you know anything about the vehicle pool you know there is a Medivac version of the Covered vehicles used as the MHQ. Simply allow players to buy the covered version and make the MHQ the Medivac. Even with the Cross on the side of the vehicle it should create even a small amount of confusion so as MHQs dont get obliterated so easily.

- Consider mods on the second server
There are many quality of life mods out there that are not very taxing on the game such as advanced mobility mod that allows players to climb walls which makes traversing cities and urban areas much more dynamic. Also there are more maps out there that are much more balanced for PVP gameplay than say Stratis and Malden.
"Never attribute to Malice that which can easily be explained by Stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor :nuts:

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Re: Suggestions : Things that would make me play again

Post#2 » Fri 15 Jan, 2021 9:54 pm

Just passing by --

I dont want to be mean, but i need to burst some bubbles.

Auto-Balance:
Was discussed internally and just shifts the problem into a different direction and solves exactly 0 problems (in total, if you apply the simple measures) but makes a lot of work(if you want anything good of it), that time is better spend in making a proper balancing mechanic in game (wich takes a lot of time too, there is some groundwork done, but also its not as easy as making 2 or 3 lines of code, currently its a data grabbing tool that can analyze past session, that alone takes about 35min on my PC [12 cores / 24 Threads full load]).

Mods on the second server:
Doesnt work as the second server is literaly a mirror (as literal as possible) of the first one, they are synced so in case the server crashes the players can switch over. Also depending on the mods a lot of manual work is needed to add Weapons or vehicles to the shops etc(there is currently no automated system for that)

MHQ Look alikes:
That was a deliberate design choice for readability (a similar example is KotH having spawn vehicles with 5m flag posts on them), it makes it way easier for new comer to understand the gameplay.
My Steam Profile

• Worth: WAAYYY TOO MUCH
  • Games owned: 323
  • Games played: 205 (63%)
  • Hours on record: 7,946.8h

Deeelite
Donator

Post#3 » Sat 16 Jan, 2021 11:59 pm

I agree with points 1,2 and 3. Mods are instead giving too much of trouble and work to admins. Better focus on things we can solve.
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

durak_ivan
Donator

Post#4 » Tue 26 Jan, 2021 8:15 pm

I kinda like the forced choice, of your load out, a context, Sniper only sniper things, riflemans-light only they stuff and so on
I fear that one open system could lead to massive use of some specific weapons, and will not give the challenge of being a AT soldier, with a shity weapon. I really used to dislike MX generaly, but given time and EUTW policy I got some really nice results with the freaking MX rifles :D lolol.
So I reconize the positive side of being directed by EUTW management, I like it.

2nd point I mostly agree but really hard to make it real, as many of us play with friends, and if they can not choose the team they playing with, they will play something else.
@Deathicael you remember us playin vietnam? If we were not able to join the same team it would be a no go server, and look for a server that give us all the opportunity to play together.

3d point. Mods. I would love to be able to jump!!! Happy Bunny hopping around! No kidding, jumping or climbing some obstacles that is available in mods, is a real miss in arma, and I would love to do that.
I wish we can someday see something that is only available through mod's so definitely YES.

But major questions is:
We need fresh leadership!
As Gippo and other Admin's don't play any more the game, (that is totally understandable after so many years).
But community still alive.
Why not give more power to someone like MasterofBlub?
To organize events and more? (and keep the community alive)
(that's a question for the eutw management, here I'm just suggesting)

I have a 4th request.
To have more AI's playing the game, if the number of PVP players is less the (let's say) 12 or 14?
Have AI's patrolling different areas of the circles, that will give a chance to the servers to be alive even when real players are working in real life, so if anyone connects and he's alone, he can have a decent experience. Not only the 3 AI's for each flag.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#5 » Wed 27 Jan, 2021 4:27 pm

Moar power?

I mean there are only some minor things i cant do.
Thats things mainly regarding payments(donations and payments for servers) and also i cannot lift a ban.

Otherwise i could do almost anything.
Most of the stuff i do is more background work, regarding the servers etc.

Currently for all of us time is the actual limiting factor.

If someone would organize the events in terms of time and gathering people, im sure willing to help setting stuff up.

Otherwise i have some software project i need to do as they are important and after that im going back to stuff for EUTW.
My Steam Profile

• Worth: WAAYYY TOO MUCH
  • Games owned: 323
  • Games played: 205 (63%)
  • Hours on record: 7,946.8h