MAAWS HE rockets price

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
Deeelite
Donator

MAAWS HE rockets price

Post#1 » Tue 08 Dec, 2020 10:54 am

Dudes, I know much well it was me to start this but:

I really admit the MAAWS 1, combined with HE rokets is too much OP since you can read the distance and precisely aim ur target.

The problem is that HE rockets are too cheap. I made my tests in the editor, discovering that 1 HE rocket always destroys an MHQ, wherever you hit it, while the HEAT doesn't: the only chance to destroy an MHQ with 1 HEAT Maaws rocket is to aim the frame behind the cab and maybe you make it.

My proposal is to rise up the HE Maaws rocket higher than the price of the HEAT ones. This should calm down players like me and Steinar to make an abuse of it.

This should too help a lot limitating the abuse and saving HE rokets for different and more proper usage

Thx
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

Grenadier
Donator

Re: MAAWS HE rockets price

Post#2 » Tue 08 Dec, 2020 8:02 pm

on the koth servers HE unlock available later than HEAT.

Falcon
Donator

Post#3 » Mon 14 Dec, 2020 7:17 pm

If possibel just get no monye for Player kills with HE?

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#4 » Tue 15 Dec, 2020 2:16 am

Falcon wrote:If possibel just get no monye for Player kills with HE?

Great idea! If admins can implement this, it sounds like perfect solution.

Deeelite
Donator

Post#5 » Wed 16 Dec, 2020 10:08 pm

No Elvis & Falcon: this solution won't stop Steinar and me from using HE vs infantry at all. Really at all. Our common aim is not to make money but to stop players from capping a flag, riding a car, center bunkers windows from outside with precision or killing a sniper/objective even from very far distances. I personally don't mind to earn money, just stop the enemy action. The current HE maaws price is 1250 and you can afford to carry up to 7-8 rokets. Rising up the price to 4000 cr about will surely calm down the abuse and won't require any additional script that admins probably will never add, imho.
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#6 » Fri 18 Dec, 2020 4:42 am

What I see is that HE rockets (by some people) are used just as an subsitute of rifle. Kind of silly. If you do not get money for killing then maybe less money to buy new rockets. That needs scripting as you said. Maybe there is not more admins to do scripting, so just making price higher could be an easy solution. HE same price as HEAT would do the job.

There is also a problem that these HE guys takes an AT role and not doing vehicle killng so much, but just carry HE rockets. That team is now one less real AT role to take down vehicles. If you are not using AT roles what it is supposed to be, then take some other role.