Silencers

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
Elvis_FIN
Donator

Silencers

Post#1 » Mon 09 Nov, 2020 3:41 am

Currrent situation is little bit too powerful for snipers in my opinion. Snipers goes just "tsup tsup tsup" killing players and nobody knows where the shot are coming from.

6.5mm/7.62mm silencer is too cheap. Too easy to go with silencer all the time. What if 6.5mm/7.62mm silencer would be like 10'000cr price? Then snipers will have to go longer without silencer. Also they have to make an decision if they want to have silencer for 6.5mm/7.62mm at all or go for Lynx/M320 or save more money for Cyrus/MAR10 with silencer.

Without silencer sniper is more vulnerable and needs more thinking how to position himself. With silencer you can just make fool of enemy without so much need to think about your position.

Why pistol & sub machinegun silencers were removed from other classes?

Nyles
EUTW Management

Re: Silencers

Post#2 » Mon 09 Nov, 2020 10:49 am

Snipers are the stealth class, but I agree that they could have slightly increased prices. Keep in mind that silencers reduce the effective range of weapons drastically and in close combat, they are more vulnerable than other classes.

If we ever get around adding the special forces sub-factions, those would all get access to silencers at the expense of other, heavier equipment and vehicles.

Leroy
Donator

Post#3 » Mon 09 Nov, 2020 10:52 am

Much more annoying are those people, who don´t use a rifle anymore at all.

Just 5 HE rockets in the backpack and then shoot infantry with it.

You should double the price for HE rockets again.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#4 » Mon 09 Nov, 2020 12:18 pm

I wouldnt double the prices on HE, as their are a net loss already, but i could agree on something like a 25% increase, as doubling would in some cases make them almost as expensive as HEAT, which cause much more economic damage ro the enemy.

I need to note that i rarely use HE, mainly for light vehicles like Quilin/Prawler or the Indipendent light vehicles. Or the Vorona HE agains the Greenfor MHQ(you need to make a really good hit though, like where the fuel tank is or generally lower front for max damage).
In all other cases the HE isnt really worth the money. On some really rare occasions i smoke out some campers in bunkers when i play in a squad and we have no other ways to help.
My Steam Profile

• Worth: WAAYYY TOO MUCH
  • Games owned: 323
  • Games played: 205 (63%)
  • Hours on record: 7,946.8h

Leroy
Donator

Post#5 » Mon 09 Nov, 2020 3:43 pm

Well, some players think that killing 5 attackers with 4-5 HE rockets is worth the money right now.

Grenadier
Donator

Post#6 » Mon 09 Nov, 2020 4:01 pm

best left as is. a sniper at close range without a silencer will immediately die from a rifle, he has no chance to shoot rifleman faster

vicko
Donator

Post#7 » Mon 09 Nov, 2020 6:27 pm

Vanilla silencers are waaay to quiet. You can hear them only if you are really really close, which is unrealistic and pain in the ass for many players on the server. Therefore i think it should be removed or at least increase the price.

Grenadier wrote:best left as is. a sniper at close range without a silencer will immediately die from a rifle, he has no chance to shoot rifleman faster
Well that's not always a case, especially for Opfor snipers. They have super powerful rifles like ASP-1 Kir and Type 115. Both rifles are good for close range combat. All snipers can easily enter the circle in their thermal protected ghillie and do the proper job if they want. But usually they choose to stay outside of circle to spawn kill defenders which have no chance at all to defend or to hear where the shots coming from. Because their rifles are so quiet they use it just to grind kills and play for the scoreboard and not for the team or the mission it self. We all seen it many times before.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#8 » Mon 09 Nov, 2020 7:32 pm

I actually cant agree that the rifles are too silent (will say something to the ASP at the bottom)(im fully aware that RL silencers are louder). The silencers only silence the shot it self. If beeing shot at (or the general direction) you still can hear the super sonic crack of the bullet giving you a very good hint on the direction the shot came from. Due to the missing shot sound you cant estimate the distance (the difference in time between shot and crack), but snipers only have limited observation spots in most places.
The Type 115 is just a more versatile 6.5mm longrifle with a non silencable .50cal underbarrel pistol (?).
That said you basically have no protection compared to a rifleman, far less ammo, and a bush in the streets is worse camo than urban hex camo.

So now to our favorite friend the ASP Kir, that thing is a subsonic full silenced weapon. It is a pain to use on targets over 100m, hell even the normal ACO on it is painfull to use as on close range (20m) you aim at the hip and hit the head. It is a powerfull CQB weapon though but the sniper class has many drawbacks in CQB compared to other classes so the ASP is a very special weapon that isnt used by everyone all the time. (I love it though, but i do MHQ hunting with it)

PS: if you ever try to find a sniper with a silencer look out for dust flying off the ground as he fires (or muzzle flash when its darker). Its very difficult to hide those in the open, but some skilled people know how, but those are the exception as they will kill you with and without a silencer anyway without anyone notecing.
My Steam Profile

• Worth: WAAYYY TOO MUCH
  • Games owned: 323
  • Games played: 205 (63%)
  • Hours on record: 7,946.8h

Grenadier
Donator

Post#9 » Mon 09 Nov, 2020 9:41 pm

ASP now only on sniper class. but it is few people use. type115 is amazing but it is too expensive
and it's fair

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#10 » Tue 10 Nov, 2020 12:43 am

I usually hear quite good direction of sounds in ArmA. For silenced weapons I cannot hear basically anything. Only landing shots when those come close to me. I've been shot with silencer like 50m away and I'm totally lost of direction of fire. Can you really hear super sonic crack and point direction of shot from that? I can't hear that.

Is there a bug Nato US faction for 7.62mm silencer. There are two colours, but only black is fitting to mk18 rifle?! What is that other 7.62mm silencer for?

Maybe less silenced snipers will take snipers where snipers should be, further away.

Agree with HE rockets. Little bit stupid to just play with launcher + HE rockets in close combat.

SNAKE
Community Member

Post#11 » Tue 10 Nov, 2020 6:00 pm

5 slots

#(2 slots with silenced weapon but with normal uniforms no ghillie at all (like very old days" Recon slots")
at least if you cant hear them you can still see them.

#(3 slots without silenced but they can use ghillie )
they can sniping from far range but not easy to spot them this is my idea cause i play many times with sniper with stealth ghillie+ silencer and i feeeeeel its very very OP and easy

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#12 » Tue 10 Nov, 2020 7:13 pm

SNAKE's idea sounds very good!

vicko
Donator

Post#13 » Tue 10 Nov, 2020 9:29 pm

Elvis_FIN wrote:I usually hear quite good direction of sounds in ArmA. For silenced weapons I cannot hear basically anything. Only landing shots when those come close to me. I've been shot with silencer like 50m away and I'm totally lost of direction of fire. Can you really hear super sonic crack and point direction of shot from that? I can't hear that.

Same with me.

Grenadier wrote:ASP now only on sniper class. but it is few people use. type115 is amazing but it is too expensive
and it's fair

I didn't say it is unfair, I just point out that they have a lot toys to play with.

SNAKE wrote:#(3 slots without silenced but they can use ghillie )
they can sniping from far range but not easy to spot them this is my idea cause i play many times with sniper with stealth ghillie+ silencer and i feeeeeel its very very OP and easy

Could not agree more.

Reptile
Donator

Post#14 » Tue 10 Nov, 2020 9:53 pm

Snipers are meant to take out other players but they (usually) have to stay outside the circle to be effective at that, and the purpose of the game is to conquer circles. So even though snipers have nice stats on the scoreboard (and annoying as hell) it is a class that penalizes the team.

The best tool against snipers are smoke grenades. I would suggest using more smoke grenades more before considering nerfing the snipers.

Grenadier
Donator

Post#15 » Tue 10 Nov, 2020 9:58 pm

by introducing more restrictions, we risk losing more players. what's next, blufor dont have rifles like (7.62) green ak12 and opfor machine gun-zafir? remove them too?
already after fuel politic for airvehicle, players dont use bfish, xian

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#16 » Sat 14 Nov, 2020 1:24 pm

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:I actually cant agree that the rifles are too silent (will say something to the ASP at the bottom)(im fully aware that RL silencers are louder). The silencers only silence the shot it self. If beeing shot at (or the general direction) you still can hear the super sonic crack of the bullet giving you a very good hint on the direction the shot came from. Due to the missing shot sound you cant estimate the distance (the difference in time between shot and crack), but snipers only have limited observation spots in most places.

Me and BIM made some testing about this. During test other player closed his eyes and was turning around while other was shooting. Then when he thought he is facing the shooter he opened his eyes. Bottom line is that you cannot know direction of shot when sniper is not that close when you cannot hear shot itself.

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#17 » Wed 18 Nov, 2020 1:51 am

Grenadier wrote:best left as is. a sniper at close range without a silencer will immediately die from a rifle, he has no chance to shoot rifleman faster

We have to remember snipers have superior camouflage in most of environments. Even on cities there are many bushes and grass areas that will help them a lot. And even any other class do not have advantage of camouflage in cities, since you cannot hide in cities using your uniform colour. You cannot see them, you cannot hear them... Well... Many times they are to shoot the first shot. Ghillie also makes advantage on quick reaction situations. Because EUTW wants to mix so many different ghillies on different layouts it makes (at least for me) almost impossile to quickly know which ghillie is which (why not add both versions of ghillies at HQ puppets?) and always makes me extra time to think before shooting sniper when we come head to head around the corner. Because I avoid shooting friendlies, that extra time usually kills me.

Couple of very good examples of sniper camouflage in city:
https://i.imgur.com/kJEsujO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5YF54Do.jpg

In first pic situation I got killed and never knew where shot came from until I checked my video.
In second picture situation I was able to kill the sniper because I got info of snipers location from team. Otherwise I would've been killed.

EUTW should try to make ghillies snipers to move further away from the flags (remove silencer access). Leave silencers to non-ghillie class like SNAKE said.

SNAKE
Community Member

Post#18 » Wed 18 Nov, 2020 2:47 pm

its ME in pics hahahahah yeah if i need chill and realx game i jump in sniper slot . i can drink my coffe too while killing players

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#19 » Wed 18 Nov, 2020 7:37 pm

SNAKE wrote:its ME in pics hahahahah yeah if i need chill and realx game i jump in sniper slot . i can drink my coffe too while killing players

Nice :lol: