Increased AI's until a certain amount of player

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
durak_ivan
Donator

Increased AI's until a certain amount of player

Post#1 » Tue 20 Oct, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi guys,
It's a proposal to increase the amount of Ai's to give early birds something todo.
And it could be fun just for practice, and keep the players joining early, busy.

And if possible, to create some random patrol zone by AI.
Until the number of players (10+) is reached.

Let me know if you think it can be interesting.

tnx.

esfumato
Donator

Re: Increased AI's until a certain amount of player

Post#2 » Sat 24 Oct, 2020 3:10 pm

Bad Idea, MP games need players not Bots.

Bots are boring

durak_ivan
Donator

Post#3 » Mon 26 Oct, 2020 6:57 pm

esfumato wrote:Bad Idea, MP games need players not Bots.

Bots are boring

Esfumato, arma 3 is almost 10 years old, community is evaporating, many other games are released.
I'm just tryin to give some ideas to keep up the game and community.
If you have an idea to share you are more than welcome.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#4 » Mon 26 Oct, 2020 7:17 pm

Simple AI that just patrols or something shouldnt be that difficult (not sure how the kill bonus works in that area), but also would need like a lot of planning what it should do and what not.

What definetly is out of scope is AI capping points as that would require a lot of testing and modifying the code basis for the cap-n-hold portions of the code
My Steam Profile

• Worth: WAAYYY TOO MUCH
  • Games owned: 323
  • Games played: 205 (63%)
  • Hours on record: 7,946.8h

esfumato
Donator

Post#5 » Tue 27 Oct, 2020 1:32 am

durak_ivan wrote:
esfumato wrote:Bad Idea, MP games need players not Bots.

Bots are boring

Esfumato, arma 3 is almost 10 years old, community is evaporating, many other games are released.
I'm just tryin to give some ideas to keep up the game and community.
If you have an idea to share you are more than welcome.

There no games like Arma 3 anywhere, the community is evaporating first because of BIS doing stupid desitions and slow development. A game released in 2013 do not have any "Mil Sim" Game Mode.

For example, Arma 3 sound is completely horribly done, the sound changes position depending in where is the player facing... is imposible to know where something is by using the sound as a source of info. Arma 2 was 100 times better in that regard.

Arma 3 have a horrible performance in multiplayer.

DayZ ¿?.

Secondly the community, The most played game modes are "Ports" that have come from Arma 2. "Life", Zombies, Wasteland, Battle Royale, all mods that appeared in Arma 2. And haven't evolved almost most of them keep the "Ugly Menus" that Arma 2 had for example.

Also as for suggestions I have done several, a compilation here.
https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7940

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#6 » Tue 27 Oct, 2020 2:34 am

As the devs stated years ago Arma 3 is more of a platform for mods and custom madde stuff, they implemented a lot of stuff during the life time of Arma 3 that is actively used in mods now or was made plain vanilla instead of relying on jenky implementation in some mods (yeah im looking at RHS and they sucky PvP balancing of some things and awfull performance just a year ago).
Arma 3 is and was a niche game, its no call of duty or BF and will never reach the amount of players, still the devs support it with Updates 7 (!) years after release and you are not forced to pay a dime to profit of those updates. Many of those things are things that are less content type but more funcionality wise that can be used to simplify mission developement or Mod making.

Btw im curious, do you consider EUTW servers having a bad MP performance? cause i get 90% of the time 50+ fps somtimes in the 80fps. Its rarely the problem of Arma but a administration problem of people pushing the engine to its limits on limited hardware with no optimization settings (you can set a lot of stuff for the network settings alone).
My Steam Profile

durak_ivan
Donator

Post#7 » Tue 27 Oct, 2020 7:16 pm

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:.....
Btw im curious, do you consider EUTW servers having a bad MP performance? ........

Not at all, I'm having always good performance.
Just my shooting is not up to the task :D lolol

durak_ivan
Donator

Post#8 » Tue 27 Oct, 2020 7:24 pm

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:Simple AI that just patrols or something shouldnt be that difficult (not sure how the kill bonus works in that area), but also would need like a lot of planning what it should do and what not.

What definetly is out of scope is AI capping points as that would require a lot of testing and modifying the code basis for the cap-n-hold portions of the code

Ohu Ohuuu that's nice to hear.
Let's see what others think about?

What AI should do outside the capture zone:
1 patrol back and forth along a path
2 respond to fire and attack intruders in they (sight) line of fire?

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#9 » Wed 28 Oct, 2020 2:30 am

durak_ivan wrote:
TheMasterofBlubb wrote:.....
Btw im curious, do you consider EUTW servers having a bad MP performance? ........

Not at all, I'm having always good performance.
Just my shooting is not up to the task :D lolol

The question was towards esfumato
My Steam Profile