Poll for current rotation

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Poll for current rotation

Post#1 » Wed 16 Sep, 2020 1:13 am

Here is a small poll to determine wich layouts might stay in the rotation and which not (we havent decided on the exact way how the results will be interpreted)

https://www.strawpoll.me/20947348

You can place comments in this thread if you like regarding changes to the current layouts.
My Steam Profile

• Worth: WAAYYY TOO MUCH
  • Games owned: 323
  • Games played: 205 (63%)
  • Hours on record: 7,946.8h

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Re: Poll for current rotation

Post#2 » Wed 16 Sep, 2020 6:24 am

If you can't remember all layouts which is which (I can't), I made picture to help you with poll:
https://i.imgur.com/Cg2R1qY.jpg

I hope we see new layouts and comeback for some good old layouts soon!

esfumato
Donator

Post#3 » Thu 17 Sep, 2020 12:11 am

I have seen the pictures and with my experience with this game mode all the layouts are boring. Just voted for kavala rumble

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#4 » Fri 18 Sep, 2020 9:51 am

There will be other layouts joining, but the next rotation will be a bit smaller overall as there are simply a lot of cluttered layouts that need clean-up first. So we will start light and add more and more of the other layouts both from previous rotations and new ones back on the server.

We just don't want any fantasy structures, castle mazes or overloaded sectors with a dozen caterpillars. Places should both play well and make sense. Unfortunately, a lot of old classics fell victim to this as well and need to be purged of unecessary crap first before they can return.

Torpedos
Donator

Post#5 » Fri 18 Sep, 2020 1:38 pm

where in the vote, the best layout of all time. "two bridges" or what? :)))

Torpedos
Donator

Post#6 » Fri 18 Sep, 2020 1:49 pm

Nyles wrote:We just don't want any fantasy structures, castle mazes or overloaded sectors with a dozen caterpillars. Places should both play well and make sense. Unfortunately, a lot of old classics fell victim to this as well and need to be purged of unecessary crap first before they can return.

This is very cool!! a lot of custom buildings, especially the bunkers, look out and play badly(like unfinished complex), ideally, completely abandon custom objects where it is not required by the design of the point.

Deeelite
Donator

Post#7 » Sat 19 Sep, 2020 9:19 am

The most unpredictable thing here is just players taste layouts related. I say: everyone of us should play every layout dozen of times under dozen of different prospectives before being allowed to judge it.
I have seen fresh layouts been rawly judged by players in a snap and not under a deep and objective way.
What normally makes a layout complete is playablety which is a mixture of geographical positioning and flags-environment setting.
What I personally hate are flags full of bunkers and stairs like 'Roughspot', and where ever you may stamble to enter a building.
Melden is already a buggy map itself: how many times have you finished up trapped into stones, forced to respawn after ages spent to get there? Admins, don't forget you abused our patience enough by removing LIV-MHQs and heli-drop insertions, forcing us to move noisy trucks unable to climb hills faster than 7km/h. You really have underestimated our patience among the last passed years, let me tell you.
Summing all:
1) every map is almost good if rotation is keept refreshed every now and then, no need to ask us.

2) Avoid layouts where HQs are too close to flags or relocate them (I was thinking of 'streetfight' , e.g.) and with too much of objects/s**t @ flags.

3) give us back some fun like faster-to-drive MHQs and/or heli-drop insertions: just remove lateral seats to humminbirds to compensate this blufor o.p. aspect (I'm sorry Grebo, you will have to fly twice the amount... is it that bad for you?)

I hope I didn't result rude @ anyone, anyway but here's my general opinion, Thanks for asking.
Last edited by Deeelite on Sat 19 Sep, 2020 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

Deeelite
Donator

Post#8 » Sat 19 Sep, 2020 9:30 am

One of my favourite map was 'the blockade - Tanoa': I played only once and then has been removed from rotation. All my further requests to have it back have been totally ingnored. Will be this one the right time?
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

Toma
Community Member

Post#9 » Sat 19 Sep, 2020 8:31 pm

Why "Unfinished Complex" is not on the list?

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#10 » Sat 19 Sep, 2020 10:17 pm

@Toma its not in the active rotation (due to an error)
My Steam Profile

Toma
Community Member

Post#11 » Sun 20 Sep, 2020 6:04 pm

Oket

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#12 » Wed 23 Sep, 2020 10:09 pm

Thank you for new layouts!

Pvt.Dick
Community Member

Post#13 » Fri 02 Oct, 2020 12:18 pm

maybe to late but still have interest value

maybe more can vote still for future admin advis
https://www.strawpoll.me/20947348
result here https://www.strawpoll.me/20947348/r

and more poll from discord this one
http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/afaksi/e ... ch-need-to
result here http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/ijyboa/e ... ed-to/view

thank you for admins for new rotation and lets hope for more new layout in rotation soon

thank you

durak_ivan
Donator

Post#14 » Tue 20 Oct, 2020 6:29 pm

Is it a little too much or too weird to ask if it is:
Possible to dedicate, 1 server for very small urban maps, soldiers on foot and almost no vehicles.
Like, I really like to play Kavala (urban warfare faster on foot)
I'm asking because the lack of players in the working days (monday to friday).
Driving mhq's take a lot of time, and matches can go on for many many hours.
So I thought something small can keep up the fun?
Just my opinion, but I welcome any, to challenge the idea and give some input.

Miko_Raccoon
Donator

Post#15 » Wed 21 Oct, 2020 1:28 pm

durak_ivan wrote:Is it a little too much or too weird to ask if it is:
Possible to dedicate, 1 server for very small urban maps, soldiers on foot and almost no vehicles.

I second this idea. When I check stats website and see another huge map with 8v8 I just turn away, not fun at all to join such a match. Very small map (even smaller than current Lite, heck, I would even play on map with only 2 flags and time limit to see who gets more points) would maybe be less intimidating for players to join when player numbers are limited?

durak_ivan
Donator

Post#16 » Wed 21 Oct, 2020 10:31 pm

Miko_Raccoon wrote:..........
I second this idea. When I check stats website and see another huge map with 8v8 I just turn away, not fun at all to join such a match. Very small map (even smaller than current Lite, heck, I would even play on map with only 2 flags and time limit to see who gets more points) would maybe be less intimidating for players to join when player numbers are limited?

I guess we need to talk a bit about this and see with other people, what they think, in any case, big maps will always be available on the other server (that's the idea).

esfumato
Donator

Post#17 » Thu 22 Oct, 2020 6:20 pm

I tryed this years ago and did some small layouts to try to provide that type of gameplay. No one cared...

Also I did this and other similar layouts.

Malden - Monte.
https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f ... ato#p55267

Malden - Small Island.
https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f ... ato#p55244

Also proposed a different type of respawn, At page 2.
https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 6&start=25

esfumato wrote:
Hidden Text

Hidden Text

I dind't thought about that is posible to drive to an enemy sector and just get in while no defenders are actually there and mine the bunker. That is a good point, so maybe creating a trigger that gives a 3 seconds warning that you can't be inside an enemy bunker or get killed should do the trick, or just insta kill the enemies that goes inside the bunker.

Situation 1.
1A
Defenders respawn araound the sector. Giving situations of respawn killing, and attackers getting killed by random defenders that 1 second before dind't were around.

1B
And givind weird situations that both, defenders and attackers are camping outside of the sector.
Once the attackers are inside the sector, defenders can't barely do that much as they still respawning outside, getting respawn killed while the sector points go down.

Another thing, I would like that EUTW had a "Wave Respawn" and a Gear ammo auto refill on respawn.

Automatic equipment buying.
For example lets say I want to have always 5 magazines and 3 grenades. why could not be possible to automatically buy the grenades and magazines I used at last life? So I can respawn and be ready to teleport?

Wave Respawn.
At other games, like Day of Defeat or Red orchestra, they use a Wave Resapawn. It is not used in Arma. So I will explain.
Basically a wave respawn, make all the players of the same team, respawn all at the same time.

This makes that the teams have to reduce the enemy players killing them, and use the time between the next wave respawn to advance and take better positions, and repeat the proces until they capture a point.

This basically is done using the same countdown for all the players. So all the players start at the same time, and the countdown for the wave respawn will start when one player in one team dies. once the count down is over all the dead players will respawn at the same time in base. that gives a syncronization in both teams, and help ppl to stick together.

What do you think?

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#18 » Thu 22 Oct, 2020 6:58 pm

Having 2 seperate Servers would divide players into 2 groups due too people favoring one or the other, what eventually might lead to even less players...

The perfect solution would be to load missions according to the player number, that is a thing we would like to implement, but thats neither easy nor in the scope of what we can achieve right now. (maybe we find some super simple solution to that problem, but before that thats simply too big to be in the scope of "we might add it in the near future")
My Steam Profile

durak_ivan
Donator

Post#19 » Fri 23 Oct, 2020 5:23 pm

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:
durak_ivan wrote: .............................
The perfect solution would be to load missions according to the player number, that is a thing we would like to implement, but thats neither easy nor in the scope of what we can achieve right now. (maybe we find some super simple solution to that problem, but before that thats simply too big to be in the scope of "we might add it in the near future")

+1000

Really nice proposal.

esfumato
Donator

Post#20 » Fri 23 Oct, 2020 9:27 pm

durak_ivan wrote:
TheMasterofBlubb wrote:
durak_ivan wrote: .............................

+1000

Really nice proposal.

A vote Map / Vote Admin have been used since Quake III Arena or Unreal Tournament, probably is possible to add it to Arma 3.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#21 » Sat 24 Oct, 2020 1:38 am

There is vote map, but that ALWAYS forcefully finish the mission in Arma and loads a new one. Sadly there is no "Vote next Map"
My Steam Profile

esfumato
Donator

Post#22 » Sat 24 Oct, 2020 1:47 pm

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:There is vote map, but that ALWAYS forcefully finish the mission in Arma and loads a new one. Sadly there is no "Vote next Map"

That is the point of voting a map, to change the current one.

esfumato
Donator

Post#23 » Tue 27 Oct, 2020 1:41 am

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:

Having 2 seperate Servers would divide players into 2 groups due too people favoring one or the other, what eventually might lead to even less players...

Just use a vote map or just do a different rotation for each server.

Server 1# Small Size LayOuts
Server 2# Big Size Layouts.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#24 » Tue 27 Oct, 2020 2:39 am

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:Having 2 seperate Servers would divide players into 2 groups due too people favoring one or the other, what eventually might lead to even less players...

Its still the same issue having both servers seperated at that point only makes the issue worse
And as stated some times in the older threads there is an issue that you can misuse the vanilla voting to troll players. so you still end up to create a custom voting system with custom presets, custom GUI (as there is none, besides the vanilla one that has those issues) and some protective measures to assure that the voting isnt misused in some kind. What comes back to we need a proper dynamic layout selection in terms of "in RUNTIME" to accomplish all those thing in a proper manner.
My Steam Profile