Infinite loading screen bug

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
Braindead
Donator

Infinite loading screen bug

Post#1 » Sat 23 May, 2020 4:11 pm

In the last couple of weeks I've occasionally been unable to connect to the EUTW servers.
There is no error message or other noticeable problem, simply an infinite loading screen. I've not had the same thing happening on other servers than EUTW yet either. Its also not happening every time, most of the time I can connect just fine.

Anyone else have this? Or a guess whats causing it?

The only possible explanation I have is that maybe my game is having problems connecting with whichever server hosts the Donator Access data and the match loading doesn't progress without it. The timing of this bug happening and me having applied for donator access is similar.
Could just be a coincidence and completely unrelated though. It just reminds me of back when I used the Arma Units and they'd occasionally be really slow when connecting to servers because it first had to connect to where the unit info was hosted, which is where this theory comes from.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Re: Infinite loading screen bug

Post#2 » Sat 23 May, 2020 6:34 pm

Is it before or after the lobby? If before the lobby, there it has nothing to do with the donator data, no code gets executed at that time.
What I mostly suggest is to try restarting steam and/or try with another Arma profile. This has been happening on/off for the past years and I think it is something battleye related. Once one player profile - server combo gets corrupted, either you make/choose a new profile or wait until we restart the servers.

Please let me know if that works.
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

Braindead
Donator

Post#3 » Sat 23 May, 2020 7:03 pm

Before the lobby.
I tried restarting steam and joining the server with a different profile, both failed. I guess server restarts fix it because it's never still been an issue when playing the next day/later the same day.

It being battleeye related makes sense, not sure what to do about it.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#4 » Sat 23 May, 2020 7:24 pm

Braindead wrote:Before the lobby.
I tried restarting steam and joining the server with a different profile, both failed. I guess server restarts fix it because it's never still been an issue when playing the next day/later the same day.

It being battleeye related makes sense, not sure what to do about it.

Another possible solution - just seen it on Discord:
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

Braindead
Donator

Post#5 » Sat 23 May, 2020 7:34 pm

Nope. Still stuck in loading screen even before the point where the mission files get downloaded. Might have to simply wait for the next server restart