v2.09.03 - Discussion & Feedback

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
Pvt.Dick
Community Member

Re: v2.09.00 - Discussion & Feedback

Post#26 » Mon 25 May, 2020 11:01 am

Fuel Consumption

Custom fuel consumption on air vehicles (also drones) based on fly height.

The additional fuel consumption is calculated via a TimeToFly variable and spans up from the minimum height up to the max height where the full consumption is added
For fixed wing and VTOL vehicles, the plus fuel consumption starts at 250m and maximizes at 1500m height above terrain level, where 5 minutes of fly time is expected
For rotary wing vehicles, the plus fuel consumption starts at 50m and maximizes at 500m height above terrain level, where 5 minutes of fly time is expected

increase fuel for heli is soon at 50m because it force heli to fly low

low heli is not good target and only low skill pilot are now punished while good pilot already fly low

make fuel punish start at 100m is better for target low
only eutw think it is easy to shoot heli with gun players know shoot down heli with small gun never happen

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#27 » Mon 25 May, 2020 12:05 pm

First I thought "Specilization" is buying a personal skill. But it seems it is just an item (e.g. toolkit), which you can buy and everyone can use it even they do not buy "Specilization". Right?

Laser designator 5000cr and rangefinder 4750cr. Why to buy rangefinder at all? Maybe change pricing?

What is sniper's "TI gear"? I suppose all can buy envg-ii, laser designator, (most factions) thermal protective uniform.

Why light rifleman does not have bipods? They can go as marksman, but no bipod?

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#28 » Mon 25 May, 2020 2:01 pm

Elvis_FIN wrote:First I thought "Specilization" is buying a personal skill. But it seems it is just an item (e.g. toolkit), which you can buy and everyone can use it even they do not buy "Specilization". Right?

Well, yes basically. All of the skills are enabled from the start, you just need to buy the corresponding kit.

Elvis_FIN wrote:Laser designator 5000cr and rangefinder 4750cr. Why to buy rangefinder at all? Maybe change pricing?

Good question, we will reduce the range finder price.

Elvis_FIN wrote:What is sniper's "TI gear"? I suppose all can buy envg-ii, laser designator, (most factions) thermal protective uniform.

Basically they are the TI scopes. Yes, you can buy Envg, but you cannot use it with a longer range scope. Laser designator is again a different thing, as you cannot use it actively like a scope.

Elvis_FIN wrote:Why light rifleman does not have bipods? They can go as marksman, but no bipod?

Well, the idea is behind that: Rifleman Light can have more firepower with marksman rifles and also with the marksman scope, but we did not want to give them almost the full kit to distance them more from snipers.
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

|DJ| JOHN
Donator

Post#29 » Mon 25 May, 2020 3:00 pm

A few things that have been mentioned before.

Stealth uniforms

Could you adjust, that when Greens play, no stealth uniforms are available to any faction? It is a terribly imbalancing matter.

I played with Greens vs Reds and I suffered. Then I played with Blues vs Greens and I could ruin the whole team in the circle, with my thermal uniform on.

Airpower vs Greens

Greens have no AA tank. When the map is normal (not LITE) Greens suck and no one wants to play with them, which means more people stack on Reds which is already an issue. When a jet is in the air from the opponent of Greens, is too hard to bring down.

The game is terribly imbalanced when Green play on “normal” maps. Maybe get back Blues vs Reds mainly? Or use Greens on LITE maps only.

Respectfully
|DJ| John
:nato:

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#30 » Tue 26 May, 2020 1:07 am

When making corrections and modifications to new version, could you same time remove EOD vest from opfor? As we know opfor's combat fatigues will give some armor and with EOD vest it is way too powerful compared to anything else.

Made some testing. Shooting to chest.
Hits need to kill --> 5.56@10m / 6.5@10m / 5.56@50m / 6.5@50m

Blufor (plate carrier light).................................3/2/3/2
Blufor (plate carrier heavy)...............................3/3/4/3
Blufor (gl vest)...................................................3/3/4/3
Opfor (combat fatigues + tactical vest)..........3/3/3/3
Opfor (combat fatigues + EOD vest)................7/5/8/6

As you can see it is just out of balance. And it is a magic combination with opfor's combat fatigues. Same vest with blufor uniform and it is just fine. Have been wondering why some guys just can't be killed even hitting and hitting and hitting...

5.56mm was spar and 6.5mm was MX.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#31 » Tue 26 May, 2020 4:29 pm

BOOP!

2.09.01 changelog
Hidden Text
Features
  • Gearshop now doesn't list categories which are empty.
Gearshop
  • Moved UAV backpack into specialization category and moved the static equipment backpacks to the new Static Equipment category
  • Added description texts for Mortar and Static titans
  • Reduced Rangefinder price from 4750 cr to 2000 cr
  • Reduced the Lite layout tax on AT ammo and launchers from 100% to 50 %
  • Added 50% Lite layout tax for static launchers
  • Reduced MX SW price from 5200 to 4300 Cr
  • Reduced LIM-85 price from 8200 to 4900 Cr
Vehicleshop
  • Increased Lite layout tax of light armored vehicles from 100% to 200%
Bugs / Issues
  • Fixed: In gearshop, Nato US autorifleman has a 30rnd tracer magazines instead of 100rnd
  • Fixed: Green ACO sights were missing for NATO US factions
  • Fixed: CSAT China Pacific faction is missing the ammo for Type 115
  • Fixed: Sometimes medics healed instantly to 100%
  • Fixed: Healing with first aid kit by default behavior leaves some hitpoints over 25% which leaves the healing with FAK action active on other players.

Braindead
Donator

Post#32 » Tue 26 May, 2020 5:23 pm

I like the changes, good job.

Feedback on the fuel mechanics based what flying I've done up to this point:
- for light attack helicopters (pawnee/orca/hellcat) the fuel consumption mechanics now seem to work pretty darn well. It restricts flight time at high altitude without being so extreme that you can't afford to fly above 200m at all anymore.
- Ive not flown jets very long, but the fuel mechanics seemed good to me as well.
- Light transport helis like the hummingbird and orca are basically unaffected since they generally fly low anyway.
- For the Transport helicopter variants that can airdrop I feel like the new fuel mechanics are overly restrictive. The only thing a huron or Mohawk really have going for them is high altitude para drops after all and they really don't need to be nerfed imo since they weren't too powerful before.
- Attack helicopters have been hit the worst by this change. Unlike light CAS they are wasted when flown low. They're just big targets down there and can't use their weapons to its best strenghts at all. Considering the high price of these helicopters they might need custom fuel settings because right now I don't think any of their variants are worth buying tbh.
My recommendation would be an intermediate setting between what helicopters have now and what vtols have now. Allow them to fly a bit higher but not in the stratosphere.
- I dont really use UAVs so cant give much feedback.

Elvis_FIN wrote:Blufor (plate carrier light).................................3/2/3/2

Out of curiosity: I assume these numbers are for all shots being placed in the same hitbox not spread out over the multiple chest hitboxes right?

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#33 » Tue 26 May, 2020 5:39 pm

Braindead wrote:
Elvis_FIN wrote:Blufor (plate carrier light).................................3/2/3/2

Out of curiosity: I assume these numbers are for all shots being placed in the same hitbox not spread out over the multiple chest hitboxes right?

I'm not familiar with hitbox system. Basically I was shooting in the middle of chest in about same point. If chest has many different hitbox areas then some might spread to different hitboxes. That many times I shot these guys, I would say figures are correct. Also because I saw variation was very low from these figures it looked correct. Please try out and tell me if there is something wrong with the figures.

Braindead
Donator

Re: v2.09.01 - Discussion & Feedback

Post#34 » Tue 26 May, 2020 7:43 pm

The figures are correct.
The way Arma seems to work is it has multiple different chest hit boxes each with their own HP pool. If any one of the chest hit boxes (or the head) loses all its HP you die. Some damage will also spread to nearby other hitboxes.

So if you shoot someone in the same hitbox multiple times he will die really fast.
If you spread out your fire over a bunch of different hitboxes he might survive far more hits.
And if you concentrate your fire on multiple hitboxes near each other he will die fast but not as fast as all in a single hitbox.

For the point you where making thats basically irrelevant. Opfor fully armored is more tanky than any other class. (btw, with the special purpose fatigues they are even better armored. Those are slightly better than normal opfor fatigues)

But the vast majority of times you wont die to 3 556 hits to the chest with a gl vest for example, since usually they will be spread over multiple hitboxes. Depending on where you're hit its more likely going to be 4-6 hits, if you hit the arms and legs a bit it might even be up to 8.

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#35 » Wed 27 May, 2020 11:20 am

Forgot this blufor carrier special rig. Now tested and added to the list

Blufor (carrier special rig).................................4/3/4/3

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#36 » Wed 27 May, 2020 12:08 pm

You should maybe also add 7.62x39, 7.62x51 and 7.62x54R calibers as well to get the full picture as most players tend to upgrade to higher calibers by the time someone could afford that level of protection on the CSAT side.

Also keep in mind that ArmA3 has always been about asymmetric balance due to the respective gear available per faction. OPFOR has always been more about protection than others, but that protection costs money other factions can spend on firepower instead. You can run around like a super solider on CSAT, but it costs you the equivalent of a fighter jet - and you are not bulletproof still.

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#37 » Thu 28 May, 2020 4:53 pm

Blufor (carrier special rig).................................4/3/4/3

Hits need to kill --> mk-1@10m / ak-12@10m / mk-1@50m / ak-12@50m

Blufor (plate carrier light).................................2/2/2/2
Blufor (plate carrier heavy)...............................2/3/2/3
Blufor (gl vest)...................................................2/2/2/2
Blufor (carrier special rig).................................2/3/3/3
Opfor (combat fatigues + tactical vest)..........2/2/2/2
Opfor (combat fatigues + EOD vest)................3/4/3/4

Explosion resistance (mines):

Blufor (gl vest)................................................apers = 2nd kills / bounding = ok / trip = kills
Blufor (carrier special rig)..............................apers = kills / bounding = kills / trip = kills
Opfor (combat fatigues + tactical vest).......apers = 2nd kills / bounding = ok / trip = kills
Opfor (combat fatigues + EOD vest).............apers = ok / bounding = ok / trip = 2nd kills

In explosion tests healed with FAK after every explosion (if alive) before stepping into same kind of mine again.
When results was "ok" it means that these mines cannot kill even stepped five same mines (and healed with FAK before stepping into next mine).

I get the asymmetrical point. Still I think opfor combo with EOD is too much and especially with this pricing. 12000cr is far from jet. And because opfor's fatigues they get bullet and explosion resistance at the same. Blufor needs to choose which they want to go, they can't get both. Also I think game is won between infantry in the end, when both teams are equal in experience and tactics. So giving that big advantage to one team is not good for game balance. I can play blue, green or red. My point is not trying to take something away from one team, but to give better overall balance to the game.

What would I do if I could choose... Few possibilities to try.
1. Remove EOD from opfor
2. Change EOD price to 25000cr
3. Put opfor to start with officer unform with tactiical vest. Add fatigues in uniform shop with 10000cr price and keep EOD price as it is

Just my thoughts.

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#38 » Fri 29 May, 2020 12:25 am

You cannot let go of that officer uniform idea. :D

I don't mind upping the price of EOD vest somewhat, but the jet comment was more about the full set (special force uniform + helmet + eod vest).

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#39 » Fri 29 May, 2020 10:20 am

Nyles wrote:You cannot let go of that officer uniform idea. :D

I don't mind upping the price of EOD vest somewhat, but the jet comment was more about the full set (special force uniform + helmet + eod vest).

I'm too old to change :D

I think blufor stealth uniform is little bit too cheap. Very powerful and whole thermal protection set around 10000cr.

I like to see ACO green to every (non-sniper) classes in every faction. I think still not possible like blufor AR role.

Edit: And any chance to remove automatic group notification? Kind of a stupid when you get info about e.g. enemy mortar grid position from an other group member who was 5km away from that mortar position. Many times unnatural spottings.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#40 » Fri 29 May, 2020 11:46 am

ACO green will come to every class (exception sniper of course). There was a mixup in our configs, that is why it wasn't there already.

About auto-spotting: back then we were looking for the solution so badly... I will search for a possible solution.

Grenadier
Community Member

Post#41 » Fri 29 May, 2020 1:45 pm

i got bug on tanoa. inpossible to buy uav backpack. can you check it?

Grenadier
Community Member

Post#42 » Fri 29 May, 2020 1:52 pm

for get full set stealth uniform + EOD need 102500‬cr, but nobody will not use this set. better buy some apcs or jets

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#43 » Fri 29 May, 2020 3:13 pm

Grenadier wrote:i got bug on tanoa. inpossible to buy uav backpack. can you check it?

Hi, yes, known issue, will be fixed with 2.08.02.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Re: v2.09.02 - Discussion & Feedback

Post#44 » Sat 30 May, 2020 4:49 am

It is update time!

About Disappearing base actions:
Leroy reported that the actions at base (shops & fast travel) just disappeared and he needed to relog in order to fix it.
Does it happen to anyone else as well?

If yes:
If you have logging enabled, please send me the RPT of the session it has happened. (or if you have show script errors enabled, a screenshot is good as well when it shows up)
Does it affect flag actions as well?
Does it side with a "error: no unit" bug or any other bug? (if yes, they may be related)

2.09.02 changelog
Gearshop
  • Rocket / Missile launcher ammo is now available for every class
  • Increased Medikit price from 1000 Cr to 3000 Cr
Bugs / Issues
  • Fixed: UAV backpack could not be purchased from the gearshop
  • Fixed: Green ACO sight were not available for every non-sniper class
  • Disabled all AI functionality on players in order to stop auto-reporting
  • An attempt to fix the issue of disappearing base actions

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#45 » Sat 30 May, 2020 12:13 pm

GiPPO wrote:About Disappearing base actions:
Leroy reported that the actions at base (shops & fast travel) just disappeared and he needed to relog in order to fix it.
Does it happen to anyone else as well?

WZ00 had same issue yesterday. And if I remember correctly BIM had it some other day. Also I think seeing some issues about it on chat by other(s).

And thanks for good updates and putting your time to keep this running!

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#46 » Sat 30 May, 2020 8:27 pm

Blufor AT guy (Tanoa) can buy MK200. Is that intentional?

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#47 » Sat 30 May, 2020 9:30 pm

Elvis_FIN wrote:Blufor AT guy (Tanoa) can buy MK200. Is that intentional?

Most probably not, I will take a look at it.

ThreeDots
Community Member

Post#48 » Sun 31 May, 2020 12:35 am

Bug: with Advanced Flight Model ON it doesn't show the current fuel consumption

The one where you have to run from the base circle and back so that gear shop options reappear was happening a lot yesterday on the Stratis map, like 1/3 cases when I was in base. It affects only gear shop, nothing else.

Some bugs with Medic still prevail, like having 100% and having to heal like 4 times before it disappears.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#49 » Sun 31 May, 2020 12:59 am

ThreeDots wrote:Bug: with Advanced Flight Model ON it doesn't show the current fuel consumption

The one where you have to run from the base circle and back so that gear shop options reappear was happening a lot yesterday on the Stratis map, like 1/3 cases when I was in base. It affects only gear shop, nothing else.

Some bugs with Medic still prevail, like having 100% and having to heal like 4 times before it disappears.

Will look into these.

About medic issue: while are you having 100%, do you have any other body parts shown damaged?
Probably it is just an UI update issue, the action should disappear by engine behavior if you are totally healed.

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#50 » Mon 01 Jun, 2020 9:44 pm

Seems like titan AT/AA locking is not working. Also heard that jet radar is not working normally. Maybe after last update.