Vehicle despawn times

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
ThreeDots
Community Member

Vehicle despawn times

Post#1 » Sun 09 Feb, 2020 1:03 am

No idea if you guys are working on a new version, but if so, PLEASE, FIX/IMPROVE vehicle despawn times....

it drives me nuts every now and then how my choppers/jets keep disappearing way before 15 min mark...

the thing is, it might keep server clean from abandoned vehicles or quad spamming and what not, but there are times when you need to keep the vehicle in base, it can be a lot of scenarios (e.g. people are needed on ground so no jet needed, heli can't take off because of jet or is not needed atm)... so being pissed by the fact my things keep disappearing i started using timer on my phone that i start everytime i leave the vehicle... so then I come to base with exactly 12 minutes on the timer and the heli is gone... fml

it could be somewhat cool to increase despawn times depending on type of vehicle, price of vehicle, set some custom timer, get warning about upcoming despawn, basically anything to stop us from losing vehicles on "stand by" by broken despawn mechanism

Saro
Donator

Re: Vehicle despawn times

Post#2 » Tue 25 Feb, 2020 7:52 pm

confirm please change that
Veteran since Operation Flashpoint 2001 !!! :info-smilie: :rocker:

basucox
Community Member

Post#3 » Fri 17 Apr, 2020 7:17 pm

I agree. many times it has happended to me that i buy an arty piece, use the ordinance and run out of money. I leave the vehicle for later use, but when i come back vehicle has disappeared.

another possibility is to be able to sell the vehicle again

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#4 » Thu 29 Oct, 2020 1:59 am

Any chance to get longer despawn timer to air vehicles? Or even disable despawn for those.

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#5 » Thu 29 Oct, 2020 12:42 pm

Elvis_FIN wrote:Any chance to get longer despawn timer to air vehicles? Or even disable despawn for those.

Or actually. What if you lower despawn timer (e.g. to 15min or 10min) of vehicles outside of base and remove despawn timer vehicles inside of base? Largest number of vehicles are outside of base, so if despawn is mostly for server performance then by this you should have less vehicles on server, but give a chance to keep valuable vehicles inside base without risk to lose it by timer.

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#6 » Fri 30 Oct, 2020 12:51 am

That would also mean people can abuse this more, like when they spam boats en masse, or park aircraft on the runway. Not sure that's the best solution either.

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#7 » Fri 30 Oct, 2020 1:09 am

Nyles wrote:That would also mean people can abuse this more, like when they spam boats en masse, or park aircraft on the runway. Not sure that's the best solution either.

Yes this could be an issue from time to time. Luckily easy to prove and those players should get banned. Hope it would still have more positive than negative effect. And ofcourse if you can just enable no-despawn-at-base to vehicles which cost more than 5000cr.

Current player count is so low there are many cases where especially air vehicles are wise to use from time to time, but not all the time. Would be very nice to have no-despawn to these at least.

Edit: Players on servers have been behaving quite good lately, so I don't see that much negative on this. Come and play some day.

Flipps
Community Member

Post#8 » Wed 11 Nov, 2020 7:01 pm

Maybe make a virtual garage feature? If vehicle is parked in HQ-circle, player can despawn it manually and respawn it anytime later...

Pvt.Dick
Community Member

Post#9 » Thu 12 Nov, 2020 10:43 am

maybe limit to player and expensive vehicle

vehicle price less then 10k set despawn 10 min
vehicle price 10k to 20k set despawn 15 min
vehicle price more then 20k set despawn 20 min

most vehicle on map are cheap and despawn quick
and 10k + vehicle is only 1 or 2 if player donate vehicle
nobody donate many 20k vehicle

vehicle spam no problem

esfumato
Donator

Post#10 » Mon 16 Nov, 2020 11:37 am

Just enable an option to Sell and recover the money, so there is no need to keep vehicles parked in base.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#11 » Mon 16 Nov, 2020 12:26 pm

If selling would be implemented (its more work, than just having seperate cleanup timers) only the owner would have the option, otherwise it creates a ton of trolling potential. So that would really help in the aforementioned cases
My Steam Profile

• Worth: WAAYYY TOO MUCH
  • Games owned: 323
  • Games played: 205 (63%)
  • Hours on record: 7,946.8h

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#12 » Mon 16 Nov, 2020 12:28 pm

esfumato wrote:Just enable an option to Sell and recover the money, so there is no need to keep vehicles parked in base.

This enables maybe too powerful option to use vehicles. When there is enemy jet in the air, you just buy AA jet and shoot him down. Then you sell your jet (losing just little money). Next time you use your money again to some vehicle to what is needed in that time and possibly use it a little and sell it back. Better in my opinion is this extended (or removed) despawn timer. Then your money is gone and you are stick to that vehicle, but you do not have to use it all the time.

esfumato
Donator

Post#13 » Thu 19 Nov, 2020 3:54 am

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:If selling would be implemented (its more work, than just having seperate cleanup timers) only the owner would have the option, otherwise it creates a ton of trolling potential. So that would really help in the aforementioned cases

Holy christ, Just keep the despawn timer, but if you don't want to loose your money or the vehicle just sell it when you are not going to use it.

Then buy it again.

esfumato
Donator

Post#14 » Thu 19 Nov, 2020 3:55 am

Elvis_FIN wrote:
esfumato wrote:Just enable an option to Sell and recover the money, so there is no need to keep vehicles parked in base.

This enables maybe too powerful option to use vehicles. When there is enemy jet in the air, you just buy AA jet and shoot him down. Then you sell your jet (losing just little money). Next time you use your money again to some vehicle to what is needed in that time and possibly use it a little and sell it back. Better in my opinion is this extended (or removed) despawn timer. Then your money is gone and you are stick to that vehicle, but you do not have to use it all the time.

In my opinion that is the point of the game. I suppose.

ThreeDots
Community Member

Post#15 » Tue 09 Feb, 2021 11:11 pm

So exactly a year later... is there any progress on this?