[FEEDBACK] PVP Warfare 2.08.00 Update

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions

Poll: How do you like the new update?

1 <3 EUTW
50%
Very cool
50%
Dont like it
No votes
Horrible
No votes
Total votes: 14

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

[FEEDBACK] PVP Warfare 2.08.00 Update

Post#1 » Sat 12 Oct, 2019 11:34 pm

News post and changelog:
https://www.eutw.net/pvp-warfare-2-08-00-update/

Hi I invite everyone to tell us your opinion about the new realesed Update(v2.08).

All feedback is welcome.

(yes 3Hugger you do not need to mention the stuff from discord, its already noted)

PS : You sure can ask for additional stuff, but somethings are already discussed and done, others are not possible due to limitations in developement time.

Mudokon
Donator

Re: Feedback on the new Update

Post#2 » Sat 12 Oct, 2019 11:53 pm

Very good update, ty.

Just one thing: You are able to teleport from flags which are below 100. Don't think its intended.
The only one who keeps me from winning is my own team

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSHqz ... subscriber

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#3 » Sat 12 Oct, 2019 11:54 pm

Mudokon wrote:Very good update, ty.

Just one thing: You are able to teleport from flags which are below 100. Don't think its intended.

True, it is not intended. Got overlooked while implementing the new system. I will fix it soon.
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

|DJ| JOHN
Donator

Post#4 » Sun 13 Oct, 2019 6:38 am

Hello folks,

1. Changing the menus at base.

I do not like changes because it slows my game down. For example at base I used to scroll to the bottom option and then pick up my gear. Now, this option is the one before the end. So now, when I want to rearm quickly and respawn to the warzone, I end up on the "vehicles" menu. I know I will get used to it, but generally I do not like unnecessary changes. I would rather you put the menus back as they were.

However the colour changing is good, especially for new players, ie highlighting in yellow the option to fast-travel, to yellow marks on the map.

2. Purchasing from flags of friendly towns.

We used to be able to purchase stuff from 50 metres away from a friendly flag, now we have to be approximately 5 metres. This is good news for snipers, and bad news for teamwork gaming, ie purchasing vehicles and transporting teammates to the next enemy town. Also it slows our game down as now we have to run longer in order to purchase a vehicle. I do not like it. Please change it to 50 metres as it used to be.

3. Confirm purchase with spacebar - not possible anymore

Another unnecessary change that achieves only slowing me down. When I pick up a vehicle to purchase, I used to press SPACEBAR for confirming the purchase. For some reason this does not work anymore. I have to mouse-left-click as I am about to shoot. I checked my "setup key options" and the SPACEBAR is still there but now in the new MOD it does not work. Is it your MOD or am I being silly? If it is your MOD can you make it, as it used to be please?

Regards
|DJ| John
:nato:

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#5 » Sun 13 Oct, 2019 11:19 am

1. We can look if we can sort it in a away its more convenient.

2. Its 10m now(if i remember correctly), it was before too. The reason why you could use it further was , when you sprint in arma a option attached to object will appear earlier, that was a bug and not intended in that way. Now its depending solely on the distance.
We will see how the feedback goes and if needed we can adjust it to a different value.

3. That actually a good idea. As there is another update in planning, we will see if we drop it in a hot fix or in that one. But generally i think that would be good.

scratch
Community Member

Post#6 » Sun 13 Oct, 2019 1:01 pm

Any release notes about what new update brings?
the floor is lava!

|DJ| JOHN
Donator

Post#7 » Sun 13 Oct, 2019 1:22 pm

@TheMasterofBlubb

2. I have done it thousands of times. Check any game that I am in and see how far in the circle I get so to purchase a vehicle. I am 100% certain it was exactly 50 metres from the flag, where I would target my weapon to the flag and the option to purchase would come up. It was excellent as it was.

I did this tens of times last Friday but I could not do it yesterday since the update. 5 metres it terrible, 10 metres is still poor. Please put it back to 50 metres otherwise we are all a "turkey shoot" for snipers. Also it slows our game down. Nobody plays arma just for running around. We play to shoot!

3. To use the "spacebar" is not a new idea. It has always been like that. However it does not work since your update yesterday. Please try and make it as it has always been.

Regards
|DJ| John
:nato:

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#8 » Sun 13 Oct, 2019 3:23 pm

@DJ Jhon
2. As said i cant decide on that one but its sure changeable.
3. Before it was through the scroll menu thats why you could use the fast action. Now we need to just add the action key to the new system, so that just a matter of adjusting.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#9 » Sun 13 Oct, 2019 3:25 pm

Features
  • Removed Objective scouting, now all objectives are visible at start.
  • Eliminated multiple types of service points. Now there's only one type (icon+color) which can be used by any vehicle
  • Tweaked vehicleshop placement: Now players can place the vehicle with left mouse button and cancel the vehicle placement with right mouse button
PVP Warfare menu improvements
  • Main menu now opens with ""escape"" menu and it doesn't have a separate action
  • Gearshop and vehicleshop is now available from the action menu inside HQ / Airfield
  • Fast travel is now available inside the whole inner HQ/Airfield area
  • Healing is now available from whole Airfield area (Main base healing action is still added the medical cargo house)
  • Objective and boatshop flag actions are now available in the near 2d area of the flags, which also allows the flags to be placed in elevated positions
  • Connections between owned objectives are now faction colored
  • Color coding overhaul: now all colors are unified all across the mission and it will use the player preferred faction coloring which can be set in the Arma 3 settings
    -Additionally to faction colors, players can set the following colors as well (ESC -> Configure -> Game -> Colors -> Map Tab)
    -Revive / Health system color -> ""civilian"" color setting
    -AI faction color -> ""Empty"" color setting
  • Added Map Legend which can be opened by pressing H on the main map screen. Containing basic map information
  • Locked vehicles now have also locked inventory
    If the vehicle is locked, only the players who are inside the vehicle or the vehicle owner can access its inventory
    Additionally, opening the inventory of a locked container will open the inventory display without accessing the locked inventory instead of just closing the inventory display
  • Added support (icons, logging, etc) for Contact DLC
  • Improved idle kick script with additional checks to kick abusively idling players

Gearshop
  • Added Contact DLC Items
  • Added ADR-97
  • PCML is no longer available on LITE layouts
  • Price adjustments for light machineguns to accommodate that assault rifles can take drum/box magazines now too
  • Adjusted machinegun ammo box pricing (considering assault rifles can equip them now, too)
  • Added M14 (Classic) to Syndikat gearshop
  • Start gear for snipers adjusted to use the new 10rnd 7.52x15 mag instead of the 20rnd ones
  • NV-scope and MRCO prices reduced slightly
  • Bergen(digi) backpack now available for Syndikat
  • Further tweaks to flag ammo box composition and prices
  • Disabled heavy AT / AA ammo boxes on lite layouts (as their launchers are disabled as well on LITE)

HOTFIX
  • Fixed: Due to a BI change in some script commands, all vehicles acted as a service point.
  • Fixed: Players could fast travel from an objective flag which is below 100/100
  • Fixed: where HQ and Airport overlapped there were 2 fast travel actions added to player
  • Also: tweaked the HQ, Airport and Flag actions' priorities

That will be communicated in a prettier way later

scratch
Community Member

Post#10 » Sun 13 Oct, 2019 5:46 pm

@TheMasterofBlubb thank you <3
the floor is lava!