Petition : Remove All Malden Maps from Rotation

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions

Poll: Remove Malden From Rotation

Yes
33%
No
67%
Total votes: 21

Deathicael
Community Member

Petition : Remove All Malden Maps from Rotation

Post#1 » Thu 02 May, 2019 8:57 pm

In my opinion Malden is not suited for PVP play and I have yet to see a single user made mission that has any sense of balance to it. It's a non stop missile camping fest swarmed buy drone intel making it impossible to place MHQ's anywhere on the map without them being found before they can even park. Every base placement I've seen has shown to give one team a distinct advantage and even in one allows base camping with ATGMs, this map needs to go.
"Never attribute to Malice that which can easily be explained by Stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor :nuts:

scratch
Community Member

Re: Petition : Remove All Malden Maps from Rotation

Post#2 » Fri 03 May, 2019 1:35 am

I loved some Malden maps in the past. It's good because of diversity of actions and decisions involved. Will vote for no. Even if I don't playing arma now
the floor is lava!

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#3 » Fri 03 May, 2019 4:55 am

"Diversity of actions" :huh:
"Never attribute to Malice that which can easily be explained by Stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor :nuts:

3Hugger
Community Member

Post#4 » Fri 03 May, 2019 10:13 am

In my opinion Malden is not suited for PVP play

Ok sounds drastic let's see what it is about. 8-)
I have yet to see a single user made mission that has any sense of balance to it.

Also sounds very drastic, ány sense of balance? :shock:
We test drive the missions, we have a fairly strict equi-distance guideline which we use to evaluate missions on, anything other not deriving from the mission (being the terrain and objects placed is not layout or island specific, but could be the overall EUTW gameplay being a factor, but then it would not be Malden specific?).
It's a non stop missile camping fest swarmed buy drone intel making it impossible to place MHQ's anywhere on the map without them being found before they can even park.

Ah, it is the drone, the all seeing eye, overpowering teams with lack of communication, their own drone operator and/or equal skills to match the other team,.. which is frequently given as feedback: we require more balance, but it most often derives from the players themselves not being able to maintain a fair team vs team balance over time. This is not layout specific, island specific, not even EUTW specific, this is mostly deriving from player traits (connecting, disconnecting, joining friends, or favorite teams, simply because they favor certain traits of a specific team, or just because that team is the first, so they pick that very first team, without any afterthought).

Based on this the poll could be: should we remove drones? Or less drastic: should we throttle drone use?
Every base placement I've seen has shown to give one team a distinct advantage and even in one allows base camping with ATGMs, this map needs to go.

Hmmm, well yes you could argue that base placement is quite limited on Malden, there isn't simply a lot of room or suitable areas. Yes sure I give you this. But then again, both teams have their advantages in every layout, pro's and con's and based on the statistics I haven't been able to find an unfair balance in which a certain base wins for ALL MALDEN layouts, which still would make it layout specific, but I haven't seen these statistics or was able so far to interpret it into that Malden is such a problem.

Could you provide something other then a personal feeling to back your point of view, as I am seem to be missing data here to come to the same conclusion.

It seems that the major point besides the actual team balance, which always seems to be a huge factor, may be the drone.
But based on this, then we should remove Altis before anything else, as it is the most flat island we have and drones are at their best (as in being able to see the most and farthest) on flat areas.

Maybe we should start a poll to remove Altis? :biggrin:
The mentioned drone overview is not island specific, but general EUTW, as the drone is the same on each island, jet where Malden has a lot of height differences, the drone is of more limited use then on Altis, which has far less height differences.

An other poll could be:
Should we kick people whom have more experience then the average player, as this may be the source of the worst imbalance of all? :bangin:

Deeelite
Donator

Post#5 » Fri 03 May, 2019 8:59 pm

We played Meleden yesterday May 02 2019 and surprisely I had some feedback after I wrote in global ' delete Melden from eutw layouts, please'. I just wanted to be a little provocating expecting to receive a global kinda 'stfu', instead just a couple of the winning team players were seriously supporting my provocation.

Diego Kamina says performance are worse than Tanoa and is full of bugs
Darth thinks only lite maps should be allowed in Melden
Leroy wants 'bigger engines' for Melden vehicles and drone removal from all maps
Toma said this map is shit.

I say:
Melden has some well known issues, Arma has its own known issues, truck used as MHQ have their own issues but:
some Melden eutw layouts just have the capability to put all these issues together !
We 'only' lost 21 MHQs in 4 hrs just because we stop moving them so often.
Melden is not that big and one uav only can control almost all the flags at the same time.
There is neither need to control an uav to spot an MHQ in Melden if flags are placed up hill, it's engine will guide the nmy rpg men to it in time.
Roughspot flag can be better captured only with heli taxi, but helcats are too slow to do it properly while an humminbird can still touch and go in time. Hurons and Mohawks can only fly 'till jets or AA titans are not present then you need an alternate approach.

To cut it short, some Melden layouts, the ones having hard to reach flags, should be seriously reconsidered, indeed!

This is why I'm voting YES, meaning, remove some pointless maps.
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

3Hugger
Community Member

Post#6 » Fri 03 May, 2019 11:17 pm

Well Dee then you voted oposit of the poll states: wether or not to remove ALL malden layouts. But okay you strategically voted to steer towards from what you expect will be the voted result guess.

Either way, ty for the extended feedback, that is something we can work with and extrapolate information from.

So i referred this to the replay and tried to find grounds for the reasons given.

I strongly want to recommend to watch the replay and check the statistics. Compare the team strategies and extrapolate these strategies to the oposit teams' strategy.

And compare this to the former few same layouts and to the other Malden layout statistics.

I hope you see what I see,although Malden most certainly is an factor, and drones are most definitely a huge factor: but imo it mostly crumbles down to team balance and COMMUNICATION... would you agree?