mods

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
BAMBR
Community Member

mods

Post#1 » Sun 24 Mar, 2019 4:44 pm

It seems to me that it’s time to put mods on one server already RHS, because there’s almost outflow of server players, it can almost help it to raise the community,I think the need for this is long overdue.

3Hugger
Community Member

Re: mods

Post#2 » Mon 25 Mar, 2019 4:26 pm

The policy is to keep the amount of mods as low as possible as we want to support the majority of players and the niche players can turn off their mods. At the same time, we will maintain identical servers at all times (for various reasons), so there won't be a server with mods and one without.

If a mod is required, then BIS is able to improve the game, if it is good enough for BIS then it may be good enough for us?

MRabbit
Donator

Post#3 » Mon 25 Mar, 2019 5:36 pm

Well why not trying something new since the amount of players is on the lowest ever...?
Its not to overlook that something needs to be done to increase the amount of players.

sEi
Donator

Post#4 » Mon 25 Mar, 2019 7:33 pm

3Hugger wrote:The policy is to keep the amount of mods as low as possible...

as in: NONE.

I like it that way!

/sEi

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#5 » Mon 25 Mar, 2019 8:41 pm

@sEi some Client side mods are allowed so its not NONE ;P

sEi
Donator

Post#6 » Tue 26 Mar, 2019 9:44 pm

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:@sEi some Client side mods are allowed so its not NONE ;P

Ye but i am happy that we are not forced to use any! I ofc use shacktack and press-to-hear.

/sEi

artem
Community Member

Post#7 » Sat 13 Apr, 2019 9:00 pm

now the server 90% of the time empty,running only 1 server. a lot of people left because of the monotony (well, and because of the whining blue,so that all cut them for the sake of) as full is only 1 server,it would be good to try to put RHS. complete denial of mods will lead to the collapse of the servers, because before the number of players was much more. there is one pusoy server,put it there,most of playing players playing with him on the servers,maybe there will be a huge influx of players,do not be so conservative))

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#8 » Sat 13 Apr, 2019 10:06 pm

In general the server run in sync so either both with mods or none of them. It has to do with some of the backbone structure of EUTW(thats other servers simply dont have like the replay mode). As for the other arguments see above.

MarkoCRO
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#9 » Sat 13 Apr, 2019 11:11 pm

It would split player, it wouldn't work.Best thing is to keep it vanilla, anyway 3rd party DLC coming soon so lets wait and see what it will bring (same as Jets DLC - 3rd party)

artem
Community Member

Post#10 » Sun 14 Apr, 2019 1:46 am

well guys we are looking for a very long time, and see that there is a decline in players. mechanics and improvements of the server are excellent, but the monotony destroys it.1 server is full only on weekends,the rest of the time it is empty,most of the players left on the servers koth, the introduction of rhs could return most of the players, what is the difference in what will play a large number of players. at this rate, the servers will cease to exist.

artem
Community Member

Post#11 » Sun 14 Apr, 2019 1:54 am

conservatism and reduction in the capacity of weapons has led to a very large decline in players a year the server will cease to exist. take that any otherwise not what will administrate

ErikTrak
Donator

Post#12 » Fri 19 Apr, 2019 12:50 pm

Any plan to put the new Creator DLC GM to one of the servers?

http://www.global-mobilization.com/

Unfortunately there will be no 'free' version so anyone who wants to join must have the DLC installed.

Having one of the server empty nearly all the time it might worth to consider.

MarkoCRO
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#13 » Fri 19 Apr, 2019 1:06 pm

ErikTrak wrote:Any plan to put the new Creator DLC GM to one of the servers?

http://www.global-mobilization.com/

Unfortunately there will be no 'free' version so anyone who wants to join must have the DLC installed.

Having one of the server empty nearly all the time it might worth to consider.

I spent last 2 hours investigating this in detail, and it looks like you really must buy dlc to participate on server with other players.
This is not BIS usual DLC strategy where one could join any server with DLC bought or not, if not bought player couldn't use any of DLC weapons or vehicles, just see them but wouldn't be kicked out of server and could play normally with other players.
This is true for all previous DLCs, even Jets (also kind of 3rd party DLC), everyone can be on same server and play regardless you have that said DLC or not, only thing is non apex owners couldn't join tanoa map.

My wishes are they keep to same DLC strategy but leave Creator DLC as optional download.
There is discussion being made on bisforums about exactly this thing, someone who feels same as me should go there and support this opinion and be heard there, there is still 2 weeks left to release of DLC so there is still time to change this...
Creator DLC strategy discussion - forums.bohemia
Last edited by MarkoCRO on Fri 19 Apr, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ErikTrak
Donator

Post#14 » Fri 19 Apr, 2019 1:13 pm

What I really don't get what is stopping the devs of the GM to release a free version which has the same limitation like in the official DLCs?

The new map would have lower resolution textures for example.

Must be some technical reason what I don't yet understand.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#15 » Fri 19 Apr, 2019 1:40 pm

I mean do the same as with Apex, so you need the DLC to join the map

MarkoCRO
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#16 » Fri 19 Apr, 2019 4:41 pm

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:I mean do the same as with Apex, so you need the DLC to join the map

That would be ideal but looks like they are not going that direction.

Looks like it that it wont be same as previous DLCs where you could play lets say altis layout but don't have any DLCs, only vanilla base game but you could see all these assets being used by other players who bought DLC package. (minus joining DLC terrain map which is ok)

Creator DLC will be optional to download but you can download it only if you bought that DLC.
I hope im wrong but, i think they are going that way.

ErikTrak
Donator

Post#17 » Fri 19 Apr, 2019 5:37 pm

They cannot use the same method as with the previous DLCs because data must be downloaded for everyone even they not purchased the DLC. And that would use a lot of disk space, network bandwidth.

I guess the size of these DLCs will be pretty large and the number of DLCs will grow year by year. And I am pretty sure a lot of people would complain if they ArmA folder grows by 50-100 GB without using any of those assets.

That's why they have to make the download optional. For that having a free and a paid version of the DLC would solve the problem.

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#18 » Sat 20 Apr, 2019 12:58 am

tbh, the now announced premium mod (global mobilization) wouldn't really fit the normal A3 scenario.
i don't think it would be wise to mix the assets anyways, so there is no real need for it to be compatible with vanilla servers.
if there are more mods to come which expand on the year 2035 conflict, i would wish them to have some kind of free mod which could be used by non-owners.
ofc that mod shouldn't contain any usable assets (no crew positions, etc.) but just make those assets visible when used by other players.

but BIS won't change the way they're doing this. i made my suggestions when they first announced the 3rd party premium mods, so they should be aware of the problems for pretty much 1.5 years now.

MarkoCRO
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#19 » Sat 20 Apr, 2019 11:17 am

The thing is they will use this strategy for all future Creator DLCs, but one day when perfect content drops to expand eutw assets it will be hard to implement it without lossing regular players (playerbase)...

ErikTrak
Donator

Post#20 » Thu 25 Apr, 2019 8:20 pm

Not sure if the pricing model decided by BI but by the mod developer.

However there is an alternative solution. Buy the DLC. I know most of the EUTW players struggle like the gentlemen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26ZDB9h7BLY

So there will be no GM dedicated server? Any decision has been made?

tulx
Donator

Post#21 » Thu 25 Apr, 2019 9:41 pm

I am very much looking forward to an EUTW server running Global Mobilization. I don´t see it any different than having a server run Tanoa. I´ve been somewhat burnt out on ArmA lately, but a Cold War total conversion mod is just the change I needed to get excited again!

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#22 » Thu 25 Apr, 2019 11:29 pm

@tulx the difference is more like you can use Tanoa assets in the normal mission like some tents or even weapons. With Global Mobilisation you cant. Means that if you dont own the DLC you cant join a mission using at least 1 asset from there, beeing even a fancy road block

tulx
Donator

Post#23 » Fri 26 Apr, 2019 11:34 am

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:@tulx the difference is more like you can use Tanoa assets in the normal mission like some tents or even weapons. With Global Mobilisation you cant. Means that if you dont own the DLC you cant join a mission using at least 1 asset from there, beeing even a fancy road block

I see. Thanks for mentioning that. Although mixing most of the DLC assets from ~1980 with the main game from ~2035 would not make much sense in the first place. I'm just thinking that having the second server, which is mostly empty anyway, run the DLC for people who want to play it would not hurt. I'm sure there'll be people in the community willing to create some layouts too.

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#24 » Sun 28 Apr, 2019 3:20 am

tulx wrote:
TheMasterofBlubb wrote:@tulx the difference is more like you can use Tanoa assets in the normal mission like some tents or even weapons. With Global Mobilisation you cant. Means that if you dont own the DLC you cant join a mission using at least 1 asset from there, beeing even a fancy road block

I see. Thanks for mentioning that. Although mixing most of the DLC assets from ~1980 with the main game from ~2035 would not make much sense in the first place. I'm just thinking that having the second server, which is mostly empty anyway, run the DLC for people who want to play it would not hurt. I'm sure there'll be people in the community willing to create some layouts too.

i haven't looked at GM assets. but in case of asymmetric warfare, it could make sense.
greenfor with cold war weaponry against blu/opfor with 2035 might turn out cool, as long as grenfor was cheaper.
but since BIS is going this way with their 3rd party premium DLC/MODS we wont find out for EUTW.
(don't mind typos, i'm at lvl 3‰ alcohol :) )

ErikTrak
Donator

Post#25 » Sun 28 Apr, 2019 10:08 pm

Don't know if you are aware but a demo version of the UNIMOG already available from Steam.

Made a short video to show the expected quality for the GM DLC: