Not comunicative players kick

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
Deeelite
Donator

Not comunicative players kick

Post#1 » Sun 10 Mar, 2019 9:32 am

I totally don't care about having lots of newbies in eutw once they soon become an effort to the game but the mass of trollers which daily join just to enter a whatever ArmA sever and have their own private fun are to be considered DESTRUPTIVE entities!

The changement I wish to be implemented is the possibility to kick out that kind of players, the ones who never answer or react to any situation for hours, the ones who never write in chat a single word demonstrating they are living in another planet for the entire duration of the game.

So, let everyone have a try on eutw but once someone get kicked out for being not comunicative, if he wants to play EUTW seriously, he will have to subscribe a little registration prooving and promising he is a comunicative and not a superficial player, accepting to obey our rules in servers where " COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY "

When good players are present in sufficient quantity on both teams, NOBODY complains about almost anything.
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

Nyles
EUTW Management

Re: Not comunicative players kick

Post#2 » Sun 10 Mar, 2019 12:15 pm

We can’t just kick people for choosing not to talk to anyone. Not everybody wants to communicate. There is a difference between not responding to what people say and not listening and ignoring team tactics.

Best approach is to lead by example. Encourage them to heed the tactical advise of veterans by showing them that coordinated actions can have an impact, but also don’t alienate them through endless arguing, frustration or calling people out as ‚noobs‘ the moment something doesn’t go according to the veterans plan.

Deeelite
Donator

Post#3 » Sun 10 Mar, 2019 2:27 pm

Nyles, I bet I wrote something like this
DeeeLite wrote:kick out that kind of players, the ones who never answer or react to any situation for hours, the ones who never write in chat a single word demonstrating they are living in another planet for the entire duration of the game

not

Nyles wrote:We can’t just kick people for choosing not to talk to anyone....

Hazardous Mouse used to give his best even when not comunicative and I still miss players so busy up to the point they have not time to chat, lifting any problem caused by enemies on the scratch :)

But players who NEVER AND EVER do something helpful or constantly useless actions should get a warn.

Kinda of "Do u want to drive a car? Show me you are not blind, at least" This is what I'm asking for...
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

scratch
Community Member

Post#4 » Sun 10 Mar, 2019 3:11 pm

Yep that is very disappoint to see a squad or a bunch of single guys avalanche doing nothing (for example traveling from one uncaptureable point to another on foot) when every one help is required

With experience it is possible to make a distinguish between "first time here" and I know exactly what I'm doing better than you so stfu. Last guys doesn't make any value for the server, since they simply will not come back, except of the negative one
the floor is lava!

3Hugger
Community Member

Post#5 » Mon 11 Mar, 2019 12:00 pm

As almost every multiplayer game server, EUTW depends on influx of new players. Logically EUTW is not a fit for everyone who tries the server and new players may require some assistance to grow to understand the game specifics and community ins- and outs.

A few years back 95% of the players sucked, among those the ones whom are now deemed to be the best. Quite often individual excellence on trigger happiness was appreciated and respected by the majority above strategic talent.
New players may come in similar now as many of us came in back then, with similar thoughts and expects.

Nowadays 75% of the players are decent to very good in comparison to the best players back then, this due to growing with the community over time and the change of personal growth.

Which results in a knowledge and experience gap. The new players will not live up to the veterans experience, which is a the facto standard. Just because the veterans are more veteran then ever before (as the level of 'veteran' is an experience factor), it does not make new players worse then before. New players are looking against a much higher threshold now when they join for the first time, then the current veterans did ever.

As Nyles suggested: lead by example, show how one can achieve the best on the EUTW servers.
Teach, be patient and lead by example. Not having control over a single player or a group of players is a reality and an added factor to the realism challenge.

Sharing of information may help, give them sufficient information and chances to learn / inform them selves and then leave it as is. Just because someone is not communicative (in English!) does not mean they mean harm, or may grow in the best next player.

Deeelite
Donator

Post#6 » Mon 11 Mar, 2019 6:28 pm

So, how to deal with the ones who give no sign of activity for hours whatever you write or say in voip ?

Flipps
Community Member

Post#7 » Mon 11 Mar, 2019 7:29 pm

Ignore them.

sEi
Donator

Post#8 » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 2:01 pm

Deeelite wrote:So, how to deal with the ones who give no sign of activity for hours whatever you write or say in voip ?

Code: Select all

[_] I'm not a robot

/sEi