Thermal Removal

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
Mudokon
Donator

Thermal Removal

Post#1 » Thu 14 Feb, 2019 10:47 pm

Suggestion: Remove thermals on all flying objects except for helicopters.. especially darter is too OP. Its the reason barely anyone buys MBTs -> They don't have any impact on the game at this state cause they get spotted way too easily, just like any other important vehicle.
If you get one good drone operator on the team the enemy team's chance of winning gets dropped massively.
How can anyone feel safe leaving the base with an expensive vehicle knowing the enemy team can see you from 3.5km away, watching every step of yours?

Would like to hear other opinions regarding this topic!
The only one who keeps me from winning is my own team

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSHqz ... subscriber

Skate
Donator

Re: Thermal Removal

Post#2 » Thu 14 Feb, 2019 11:35 pm

I definitely agree with the sentiment, especially for the darters (which once purchased just hover 1km in the air spotting any vehicle that dares come near). This effectively shuts down any ground vehicle, and even attacks on flags (the only place to really put the MHQ is deep grass, but even then you just see where the infantry is running from on thermals!)

I also wish to see more tanks in the game. For vehicles with such a pivotal role in warfare they see almost no use in this mode (why get a tank that dies quickly, instead of saving for heli or jet?). I know from personal experience that once you buy a tank every man with AT immediately starts chasing you (and with the drones in the air they always know where you are, whilst you don't even know you're spotted...)

Additionally I think that drones with thermals might be keeping the server empty at low pop. I've had personal experience of 5v5 where our MHQs would get killed as soon as they approach a flag... So it would be a stalemate where any attack is stopped before it can start, where everyone just eventually leaves because there is nothing they can do.

Personally I believe the bottom line to be that drones with thermals are too strong (especially with low player-count).
At least helicopters and jets are fragile / very expensive and require constant player involvement, instead of just planting them and having perfect information in an area.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I feel that this is a big thing worth looking at.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#3 » Fri 15 Feb, 2019 12:35 am

What i dont agree on is that MHQ will be more hidden when you dont have drones.
I personally hunt EMHQ by foot or small car. I never use a drone or Heli to spot them. i Rely on mobile Thermal to find the Infantry moving and then i try to find it.

durak_ivan
Donator

Post#4 » Fri 15 Feb, 2019 12:26 pm

Would n't be easier to add cammo to MHQ?

If you remove thermals from darter it will be completely unuseful and expensive.
So we can just remove it completely.

scratch
Community Member

Post#5 » Fri 15 Feb, 2019 1:18 pm

durak_ivan wrote:If you remove thermals from darter it will be completely unuseful and expensive.

It's not like that. Seriously
the floor is lava!

S3Savage
Donator

Post#6 » Fri 15 Feb, 2019 5:19 pm

Another option would be to give the Darter drones way less fuel so they can be used only for so long.
That would also make the bigger drones an option too (which are not used at all atm).

I agree with the fact that the Darter needs to be nerfed.
Especially Indie has no realistic chance vs. air vehicles without a proper radar (which can be used alone and not with at least three people).

vicko
Donator

Post#7 » Fri 15 Feb, 2019 5:20 pm

I also think it would be more interesting to play without darters or at least without thermals on them. It would be harder to spot mhq's and anything else like apc's and tanks. It could also encourage others to drive mhq's more often.
I think we should try this.

Mudokon
Donator

Post#8 » Fri 15 Feb, 2019 7:30 pm

Just imagine you having to search the enemies for real as a drone operator and not getting shown everything as soon as you turn on thermal.. would make things more interesting and the job as a drone operator would be actually challenging!

And I can also imagine that using a drone without thermal would be more fun aswell
The only one who keeps me from winning is my own team

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSHqz ... subscriber

durak_ivan
Donator

Post#9 » Sat 16 Feb, 2019 3:40 pm

I stick with Thermal Cammo option for mhq's and other vehicles.
Greatly reducing thermal signature can add to the challenge yes.
Take it all away... (I don't see the point)
If you guys wanna play indians-vs-cowboys it's ok, but in our time in all armies around the world thermals are there.
How do you do in a foggy day than? And night time???

scratch
Community Member

Post#10 » Sat 16 Feb, 2019 5:51 pm

Thermals not working via fog in Arma ;D
the floor is lava!

Lime_Chicken
Community Member

Post#11 » Sun 17 Feb, 2019 1:26 am

Agree, it's too op
"No matter how we land, the most important - we land together".

Falcon
Donator

Post#12 » Tue 26 Feb, 2019 1:53 am

Oh yeah UVA buying (20k) dron and watching concentrated on the scrren, thermal watching in some Map condition is pain still. And HMG watching Air, boom 12k gone. For nothing.
You can easy Spot enemy drons with a dron(cas) or Jet.

Is the Server full 1-2 Guys camping anyway the Borders.

Deeelite
Donator

Post#13 » Tue 26 Feb, 2019 8:05 pm

Sophie Ellis Bextor wrote:It's murder on the dance floor
You'd better not kill the groove
DJ, gonna burn this god damn house right down
I know I know I know I know I know I know I know
About your kind

And so and so and so and so and so and so and so
I'll have to play

If you think your gettin' away
I will prove you wrong
I'll take you all the way
Boy, just come along
Hear me when I say
Hey
It's murder on the dance floor
But you'd better not kill the grove
Hey hey...

Here wo go again, guys but I will repeat myself once more if this may ever help.
The whole EUT Warfare has become overpowered but unbalanced at the same time.
We are launching everyday layouts requiring skilled players to play them, not COMMON players.
EUTW has been adapted to meet request posted and discussed on forum by veterans and regulars players in the last 5 years in order to make the fighting more and more efficient, balanced and, let me say it, harder. Where have all the skilled players gone now? We need them to play EUTW correctly because all the new players joining the game have no clue at all about all the negative consequences they are gonna to face on every single mistake they make. If it took up to two weeks for a newbie to HAVE FUN, ( 'coz that's the goal every player is seeking for ) in 2014, now the double of time is required, before you start feeling yourself useful. Killing lot of enemies is not working that much to win the game while destroyng the enemy insertion vehicles is still the best action to take. So a potential 'mudokon-style' player which only focus on killing, and try the game may think " wtf ? I'm #1 in scoreboard and my team lost? fuck this game ! ", not noticing that a player like Mudokon mainly take care of every way used by enemies to attack and conquest, stopping them from the scratch !

In conclusion. The way EUTW engine is currntly set, is almost good for 2 teams filled-up by veterans.
I suggest to nerf lot of things, prices included in order to keep the in-game fun/experience high for everyone...just not to kill the groove.

What do we miss to have more fun, imo.
1) money transfer: this could help a poor team about to face a defeat, to collect money for a jet, e.g.
2) money refund when you purchase the wrong item/vehicle or when the vehicle get auto-deleted.
3) replace mhq from truck to something faster on hills and less noisy. UAV is useless if we can hear an MHQ truck up to 800 mts!
4) Give back the engeneers unflip capabilty

You guys can continue this list but remember: add anything which can help all the players to have MORE FUN ONLY !
Think about all the stressing and annoing issues you daily face in-game and post them, not forgetting to evalutate the modifications you wish implemeted ON BOTH SIDES: what will be done to help you, will be done to help the enemy as well.
So be coherent and realistic with your requests.

Groove is in the heart,
DeeeLite.
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

scratch
Community Member

Post#14 » Wed 27 Feb, 2019 12:44 pm

Falcon wrote:Oh yeah UVA buying (20k) dron and watching concentrated on the scrren, thermal watching in some Map condition is pain still. And HMG watching Air, boom 12k gone. For nothing.
You can easy Spot enemy drons with a dron(cas) or Jet.

Hmg distance is 1500m
They doesn't suppose to be unkillable
the floor is lava!