Bug collection

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
MR.PINK
Donator

Bug collection

Post#1 » Wed 23 Jan, 2019 10:49 am

Well, I've managed to not make this post on bugs for a while now bu here goes. .

- Sometimes when I buy weapons, the first magazine i buy to said weapon is not full. It can be just one bullet or a few bullets in it. That is the magazine that is auto loaded into the weapon.

- MAAWS and Titan rockets disapear from inventory when fast traveling from base.

- When buying pistols, all the wrong things are marked green in the store. For example, the 9mm silencer is compatible with the Zubr revolver and so on. It happens with all the pistols.

- As a medic I can pick up 100 round boxes of 6.5mm ammo from the shared container and use them in my MXC, making it into a short barreled light machin gun.

I think that that was it. If I have forgotten something I'll keep posting stuff here!

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Re: Bug collection

Post#2 » Wed 23 Jan, 2019 11:09 am

MR.PINK wrote:- As a medic I can pick up 100 round boxes of 6.5mm ammo from the shared container and use them in my MXC, making it into a short barreled light machin gun.

:o you are fking kidding me :lol:
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#3 » Wed 23 Jan, 2019 11:12 am

Clusterbombs disappear when Dynasound is used

MR.PINK
Donator

Post#4 » Wed 23 Jan, 2019 4:42 pm

GiPPO wrote:
MR.PINK wrote:- As a medic I can pick up 100 round boxes of 6.5mm ammo from the shared container and use them in my MXC, making it into a short barreled light machin gun.

:o you are fking kidding me :lol:

No, I'm not.
It is a beauty, isn't it?` :shoot: :armed:

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#5 » Wed 23 Jan, 2019 8:46 pm

@Mr. Pink as figured by Nyles that is intended behaviour with the 100Rounds mag in the MXC aka Arma 3 vanilla

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#6 » Wed 23 Jan, 2019 10:48 pm

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:@Mr. Pink as figured by Nyles that is intended behaviour with the 100Rounds mag in the MXC aka Arma 3 vanilla

But why just in the MXC? That's the worst. It should be either compatible with all or none MXC is the smallest of all with the less weapon inertia.

Weird

Flipps
Community Member

Post#7 » Mon 28 Jan, 2019 4:58 pm

I could not reproduce the MXC-thing, neither in arsenal nor on eutw-server (?).

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#8 » Mon 28 Jan, 2019 8:57 pm

@Flipps it seems to be a CBA bug and effects all MX rifles

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#9 » Mon 28 Jan, 2019 9:51 pm

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:@Flipps it seems to be a CBA bug and effects all MX rifles

Indeed. We should've steered clear from CBA a long time ago, but every little mod uses it.

Flipps
Community Member

Post#10 » Mon 28 Jan, 2019 10:44 pm

Jep, with CBA loaded, I can use 100rd-mag with MXC. Which makes sense imo, since MXC and MXSW have exactly the same caliber.

But I always thought, CBA was just a library for commonly used functions, not a mod which alters gameplay-elements...

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#11 » Mon 28 Jan, 2019 11:11 pm

Flipps wrote:Jep, with CBA loaded, I can use 100rd-mag with MXC. Which makes sense imo, since MXC and MXSW have exactly the same caliber.

But I always thought, CBA was just a library for commonly used functions, not a mod which alters gameplay-elements...

30rnd mag in MX SW makes sense, backwards maybe not - at least in term of balance.
CBA just got bigger and bigger, with more features, libraries and bigger framework and as everything uses it it is hard to avoid it.

However, at this rate of f-ing things up, I think I will write a quick earplug script and drop CBA (and dynasound due to this - which also has a bug which f up some vehicle weapons, ST UI and not sure what else...)

santiagovazquez
Community Member

Post#12 » Tue 29 Jan, 2019 11:07 pm

GiPPO wrote:
Flipps wrote:Jep, with CBA loaded, I can use 100rd-mag with MXC. Which makes sense imo, since MXC and MXSW have exactly the same caliber.

30rnd mag in MX SW makes sense, backwards maybe not - at least in term of balance.
CBA just got bigger and bigger, with more features, libraries and bigger framework and as everything uses it it is hard to avoid it.

However, at this rate of f-ing things up, I think I will write a quick earplug script and drop CBA (and dynasound due to this - which also has a bug which f up some vehicle weapons, ST UI and not sure what else...)

Please, do it. I got problems with the old cyprus PTH.
"La parapsiciobiofísica es una ciencia." Santiago V.

My Arma 3 blog: https://arma3santi.tumblr.com/ Expect lots of WWII there!

Youtube -> https://www.youtube.com/user/Thausauger

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#13 » Wed 30 Jan, 2019 11:39 am

Im currently in contact with the CBA team and it doesnt look that good. They seem to steer away from beeing a "Framework" more to a Realism lite addon with Framework capability.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#14 » Wed 30 Jan, 2019 7:46 pm

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:Im currently in contact with the CBA team and it doesnt look that good. They seem to steer away from beeing a "Framework" more to a Realism lite addon with Framework capability.

Only thing which cannot be scripted is Dynasound. Which is also having config issues disabling weapons on vehicles and whatnot (drone I think, not sure).
Earplug is easypeasy, Squad radar is a bit more complex (Shacktac UI) ('Member when Bohemia had a squad radar in WIP and it never got finished?, I 'member.). Otherwise, I would gladly FINALLY kick CBA out of the modlist.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#15 » Wed 30 Jan, 2019 10:53 pm

As JSRS is working without CBA Dynasound could technically too. Although i remember JSRS having issues with Server communication

Steve0
Donator

Post#16 » Sat 02 Feb, 2019 5:01 pm

GiPPO wrote: I think I will write a quick earplug script and drop CBA

Oh damn yes! This has never bothered me - but I'm constantly hearing people ask about earplug in chat.

Thanks