[FEEDBACK] New Layout Rotation - December 2018

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
GiPPO
EUTW Management

[FEEDBACK] New Layout Rotation - December 2018

Post#1 » Wed 26 Dec, 2018 2:29 pm

Dear EUTW Community,

In this thread feel free to share your feedback about the new and reworked layouts.
The news article and the full list of layouts can be found here.

If you discover an error or possible improvement for any of the layouts, please be as specific as you can (layout name, location, the specific problem, etc).

Changelog:

• Beachfigh: Optimizations
  • Dump : Optimizations, Object states and some objects realigned, base rotated & hidden objects around it.
    Attempt to fix the clipping problems at Castle.
  • Fixed: on some layouts, several buildings didn't have working doors due to disabled simulation.

• Stratis Valley : relocated some objects (rocks & 2 containers) and altered alignment of watchtowers, added cover at Valley flag, Optimized some Tower bunkers.
  • BeachFight : Object aligment fixes and some objects removed, added bridge
  • Athira Fields : Removed some rocks.
  • Stratis Valley : optimized some bunker (Tower)s and rocks.
  • Stratis Steinar : Community feedback : tweaked bunker (tower)s, removed some rocks and hidden some default placed rocks.
  • Malden Mountains : removed some rocks
  • Limni : removed some rocks and other objects
  • Beachfight : Lowered rock count and made bridge smaller.
  • Larche: removed some rocks

• Unfinished Complex : Added 2 connections based on community/designer feedback.
  • Stratis Steinar : Removed more rocks, replaced by Wrecks, removed cave, mad the objective open.
  • Narcos Airfield : added stairs around runway for ppl whom spawn under the runway.
  • La Rochelle II : added stairs around runway for ppl whom spawn under the runway, Added disability ramp for Bender and also improved safety practices
  • Athira Fields : lowered 2 bunkers at camp area.
  • NorthWest : Lowered 2 containers at fuel station.
  • Stratis Valley : Complete overhaul of Flight Control objective
  • StreetFight : Removed rocks and decreased total objects.
  • Kavala Rumble : small tweaks in placement to address community feedback, emoved rocks
  • Kavala II : small tweaks in placement to address community feedback, removed rocks
  • Beachfight : Replaced objects & tweaked island objective, altered the Aquanova island houses (damage building on hill problem) & tweaked Solar according to community feedback.
  • Goisse : Community feedback : fixed floating light posts, statue and castle alignment.

• Malden Mountains : Precaptured objectives placed.

• Limni : Adjusted 'floating cars' at Junkyyard (depending on variable presence objects below them, corrected presence to prevent the floats).
  • Zaros : removed floating diesel factory building and rusty tank.
    Adjusted the spawn defense around them (h-barriers).
    Lowered towers, replaced spawn cover around objectives and added a second repair point SE (other is NW) of center.
    Some arrow signs were damage disabled - they got either placed close to a wall or damage enabled to avoid them stopping vehicles.
  • StreetFight : Realigned many objects, lowered object count & removed rocks.
    Altered objective: BEND, added 1 building Westside. Objective CP KORE: removed h-barrier in building and added a ramp at other building.
    Widened the Town objective barricades so large vehicle can drive through.
  • Dump : removed rocks at hilltop, altered 3 houses, removed rocks and little tweaks at synnergy, tweaked the jet model and the heli model at dump, replaced rocks spawncover with random wrecks at shed.

• Unfinished Complex: Realigned objects around the Neochori objective, placed stairs next to the unfinished complex itself and altered the road blockades, removed some misaligned stones at beach and realigned the plane and tank wreck next to the beach flag.
  • Naval_Superiority : Removed vehicles and rocks, added sand ramp to the small bridge island.
  • Bridge : removed rocks
  • Goisse : Removed bridges, some buildings, rocks and 5 pier objects to lower object count. Reconstructed the construction objective to fix glitches.
  • Larche : Rearranged rock formations and lowered total amount, added wreck spawn cover at airfield.
  • Malden Mountains : Redesign of Lunar objective, lowered object count, tweaked rocks.
  • Stratis Steinar : Optimized objective 'Steinar'. Added stairs at cliff. Airfields switched factions to match the base faction.
    Entrance ramp of bunker replaced by concrete, dirt ramps realigned near canal walls. Lowered 1 house at southern objective for potential damage clipping on hillside.

• Stratis Steinar: Altered the bunkerhill objective to minimize clipping options and removed vegetation from 1 bunker.
    Altered the watchtower entrance at the bunkerhill objective and removed a rock.
  • Goisse : Realigned walls, added ramps to damaged buildings states, so they won't float when damaged.

• Malden Mountains : Removed rocks from objectives, west base & boat repair points. Added canal walls to boat repair points & West base & NE airfield. Added 1 additional truck to the NW airfield.

• Narcos Airport : Lowered various buildings at the Narcos Comms objective. Community feedback: relocated repair points more central on the layout.
  • Limni : lowered dome in Reseach objective.
  • Malden Mountains : Adjusted Lunar, Winery & Vista building damage states. Removed Northern objective 'Beach', some other little touch ups.
  • Malden Mountains : Relocated bunker at Rough Spot and hidden a tree.
  • Sektor B : Added boatshops & realigned various small objects at storage.
  • Sektor B : Relocated repair point from nowhere the west coast to Arudy.
  • StreetFight : Added slum housing at Ditch objective and spawn cover on the heath field North.
  • Stratis Valley : Rocks removed.
  • StreetFight : Relocated the central objectives, to accommodate community feedback.
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

Leroy
Community Member

Re: [FEEDBACK] New Layout Rotation - December 2018

Post#2 » Wed 26 Dec, 2018 3:08 pm

Merry Xmas!

On the Layout Dump it´s not possible to open any doors. Bunkers etc..
Noticed that first on Hilltop and Sandcastle on opfor side.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#3 » Wed 26 Dec, 2018 3:56 pm

Leroy wrote:Merry Xmas!

On the Layout Dump it´s not possible to open any doors. Bunkers etc..
Noticed that first on Hilltop and Sandcastle on opfor side.

Thanks for the feedback, we have found the issue, will fix and update it soon :)

edit: possibly this may be the case on some other layouts as well, but possibly today late night I can roll out the fixed versions.

Dox
Donator

Post#4 » Wed 26 Dec, 2018 7:38 pm

Thank you GiPPO and thank you and happy holiday at all EUTW staff

Mudokon
Donator

Post#5 » Wed 26 Dec, 2018 9:35 pm

Ty very much! That is a great christmas gift for the community.
The only one who keeps me from winning is my own team

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSHqz ... subscriber

Westerner
Donator

Post#6 » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 10:54 am

Enjoying the new rotation thank you.

Would love to know why my map 'Neochori' hasn't made the cut though.

https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f ... t=neochori

Only got a small run at the beginning of last year and hasn't had a look-in since. Feedback was positive on the forum too.

Experience has put me off creating more maps tbh.

Thanks

3Hugger
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#7 » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 8:07 pm

NEW LAYOUT ROTATION – DECEMBER 2018

Westerner, I can not remember what the reasons were from each and every map, as we went through dozens and dozens. But most were far from up to the new standards, as the new guidelines are more strict then before. There has been a careful consideration over the last year, performed twice by separate teams of persons deciding and selecting. After careful consideration, we came to a set which was either rejected after the first or second glance, or if applicable, re-checked whether an overhaul was deemed possible and if so, we tried to do this.

And many other factors came into account like rotation balance factors, which may result in a decent layout being rejected as to external factors like the fit in the rotation by our set goals.

If you take into account that some layouts took over 12 hours to redesign and then several checkups after this, makes time also a crucial factor, which we have to spend wisely.

So with the current 24 layouts that made it and the dozens that did not make it after a careful selection, you can probably understand that it is difficult to remember which layout did or did not make it based on which factors.

however the new rotation does require some rework as well, as we gather (community) feedback.
So please if you find anything that does not belong or should be improved, share your findings.
As it is much more efficient to improve on what is already (or is deemed to be) on par with the goals and guidelines, then to recheck from scratch.

I hope you can understand and enjoy the rotation as is.
Last edited by 3Hugger on Thu 10 Jan, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mudokon
Donator

Post#8 » Thu 27 Dec, 2018 8:37 pm

So please if you find anything that does not belong or should be improved, share your findings.

Layout Beachfight has some serious lags due to the amount of rocks placed around the Layout.
Especially the bridge between Aquanova and Build is affected. My whole team was using that bridge and none of them had more than 20 fps.

I think it is a good layout, but 90% of the rocks should be removed in my opinion.

santiagovazquez
Community Member

Post#9 » Fri 28 Dec, 2018 2:18 am

Mudokon wrote:

Layout Beachfight has some serious lags due to the amount of rocks placed around the Layout.
Especially the bridge between Aquanova and Build is affected. My whole team was using that bridge and none of them had more than 20 fps.

I think it is a good layout, but 90% of the rocks should be removed in my opinion.

+1

I think there are too much rocks, remove them please.
"La parapsiciobiofísica es una ciencia." Santiago V.

My Arma 3 blog: https://arma3santi.tumblr.com/ Expect lots of WWII there!

Youtube -> https://www.youtube.com/user/Thausauger

3Hugger
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#10 » Fri 28 Dec, 2018 1:52 pm

TY for the feedback.

We are especially interested in problems that groups of people experience with various hardware.
To rule out (too high settings for the) hardware as the /a potential source of the problem.

Keep the criticism going!

Westerner
Donator

Post#11 » Fri 28 Dec, 2018 2:10 pm

3Hugger wrote:...most were far from up to the new standards, as the new guidelines are more strict then before.

Thanks for the reply 3Hugger. Guess I'm not aware of these new standards or guidelines.

My map design took quite some time to put together and whilst I appreciate you can''t please everybody, the feedback I had on the forum was mainly positive.

I guess what I'm saying is, unless I know why my map has been overlooked, how can I put things right? And why would I attempt to make another if I don't know what these standards or guidelines are?

As far as I can see, my map ticked the general points that were posted a few months ago when the previous rotation was launched so I'm not sure where to go from here tbh.

Grenadier
Community Member

Post#12 » Fri 28 Dec, 2018 2:15 pm

Is it possible to make 1 server without lite layouts? one server is empty, always. don't lose anything if you do it

3Hugger
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#13 » Fri 28 Dec, 2018 2:18 pm

The goal is to have 2 identical servers for internal management reasons.

We have a 70% Regular vs 30% Lite which we deem fitting to what has been requested or given as feedback so far.
This makes the chance of having 2 servers with Lite layouts reasonably slim.

Also we now have all 4 islands in the rotation, with a >=50% of Altis. (Also to meet community feedback).

As the rotation just started and is heavily tweaked at the moment it is a bit early to dismiss the balance goals already.
Please give it some time. As every update requires a server restart, which will affect which layouts will be chosen. Therefor due to the many restarts the balance numbers can not show their influences until the frequency of server restarts will go down.

Dox
Donator

Post#14 » Fri 28 Dec, 2018 5:25 pm

Mudokon wrote:

the best way is write the note direct on map thread to keep organize the information : https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f=156&t=7427

use the layout forum page to write your review on layout ( https://forums.eutw.net/viewforum.php?f=156 ) , so the builder can follow your consideration if possible

3Hugger
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#15 » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 11:57 am

For now as the rotation is fresh and still crispy, we can gather info here, as what counts for one layout, most likely will affect other layouts of this same batch as well.

We simultaneously maintain and update the layouts at this moment, so we can provide you with the best experience as soon as possible. When the waters calm down we can focus on the individual layouts. For now this thread is our main focus.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#16 » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 1:10 pm

New update is live (see the first post to see the full changelog from the beginning)

• Stratis Valley : relocated some objects (rocks & 2 containers) and altered alignment of watchtowers, added cover at Valley flag, Optimized some Tower bunkers.
  • BeachFight : Object aligment fixes and some objects removed, added bridge
  • Athira Fields : Removed some rocks.
  • Stratis Valley : optimized some bunker (Tower)s and rocks.
  • Stratis Steinar : Community feedback : tweaked bunker (tower)s, removed some rocks and hidden some default placed rocks.
  • Malden Mountains : removed some rocks
  • Limni : removed some rocks and other objects
  • Beachfight : Lowered rock count and made bridge smaller.
  • Larche: removed some rocks

Toma
Community Member

Post#17 » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks for new rotation! :cheers:
Some new messages in .rpt:
22:14:22 Trying to call RemoteExec(Call) with 0 targets for func 'eutw_fnc_incomingmissileland'. Maximum is 1000
22:14:22 Trying to call RemoteExec(Call) with 0 targets for func 'eutw_fnc_incomingmissileland'. Maximum is 1000

21:42:15 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 0x in the last 60sec)
21:43:24 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 3x in the last 60sec)
21:48:40 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 155x in the last 60sec)
21:59:51 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 3x in the last 60sec)
22:01:55 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 1x in the last 60sec)
22:18:49 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 7x in the last 60sec)
22:23:52 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 5x in the last 60sec)
22:31:47 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 1x in the last 60sec)
22:52:47 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 1x in the last 60sec)
23:03:21 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 3x in the last 60sec)
23:08:53 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 1x in the last 60sec)

21:20:02 Error in expression <0.75 * EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
21:20:02 Error position: <EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
21:20:02 Error Undefined variable in expression: ext_drive_dirt_volume

21:21:18 Error in expression <0.75 * EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
21:21:18 Error position: <EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
21:21:18 Error Undefined variable in expression: ext_drive_dirt_volume

21:40:59 Error in expression <0.75 * EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
21:40:59 Error position: <EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
21:40:59 Error Undefined variable in expression: ext_drive_dirt_volume

22:09:03 Error in expression <0.7 * EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
22:09:03 Error position: <EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
22:09:03 Error Undefined variable in expression: ext_drive_dirt_volume

22:33:03 Error in expression <0.75 * EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
22:33:03 Error position: <EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
22:33:03 Error Undefined variable in expression: ext_drive_dirt_volume

23:15:34 Error in expression <0.75 * EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
23:15:34 Error position: <EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
23:15:34 Error Undefined variable in expression: ext_drive_dirt_volume

Leroy
Community Member

Post#18 » Sat 29 Dec, 2018 7:18 pm

Played Stratis Valley today and it was really unplayable. Weird stuttering while FPS were OK.

But Larche Lite really worked nicely.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#19 » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 1:00 pm

@Toma these Volume logs can you check what vehicle got spawned before. Its a oneliner somewhere before such a mesage

Toma
Community Member

Post#20 » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 1:28 pm

I have this in that .rpt
20:57:47 [0,["76561198117385451",GUER,"I_G_Offroad_01_F","714:6",[]],"EUTW_fnc_LogSrvVehicleBuy",[0],false,false]
21:20:00 [0,["76561198117385451",GUER,"I_MRAP_03_hmg_F","714:22",[]],"EUTW_fnc_LogSrvVehicleBuy",[0],false,false]
21:54:50 [0,["76561198117385451",GUER,"I_G_Van_02_transport_F","714:77",[]],"EUTW_fnc_LogSrvVehicleBuy",[0],false,false]
22:00:18 [0,["76561198117385451",GUER,"I_G_Van_02_transport_F","714:92",[]],"EUTW_fnc_LogSrvVehicleBuy",[0],false,false]
22:31:18 [0,["76561198117385451",GUER,"I_MRAP_03_gmg_F","714:126",[]],"EUTW_fnc_LogSrvVehicleBuy",[0],false,false]
22:34:46[0,["76561198117385451",GUER,"I_C_Offroad_02_unarmed_F","714:137",[]],"EUTW_fnc_LogSrvVehicleBuy",[0],false,false]
23:27:30[0,["76561198117385451",GUER,"I_APC_tracked_03_cannon_F","714:200",[[[0],[["140rnd_30mm_mp_shells_tracer_yellow",140,2],["60rnd_30mm_apfsds_shells_tracer_yellow",60,2],["200rnd_762x51_belt_yellow",200,8]]],[[0,0],[["smokelaunchermag",2,1]]]]],"EUTW_fnc_LogSrvVehicleBuy",[0],false,false]

Limdi
Donator

Post#21 » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 3:40 pm

Pyrgos freedom: would be cool to connect Kore-Agios and Syrta-Orino. They are more natural attack points.

3Hugger
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#22 » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 3:52 pm

Limdi wrote:Pyrgos freedom: would be cool to connect Kore-Agios and Syrta-Orino. They are more natural attack points.
'
That would be on NORTHWEST.
Yet this map already has 9 objectives & 12 connections, target is to keep connection amount low.

Limdi
Donator

Post#23 » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 4:57 pm

> Keep connection amount low.

Does this have precedence over have natural attack points? :D Thx for ur fast response

Mudokon
Donator

Post#24 » Mon 31 Dec, 2018 1:50 am

Whoever created Layout "Northwest": Good job, such a good layout :bigthumb:

Toma
Community Member

Post#25 » Mon 31 Dec, 2018 12:01 pm

@TheMasterofBlubb I think Volume error comes from engine https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic ... rt-errors/

edit
Yes this error coming from BIS engine https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic ... nt-3331700
its coming from BI A3 game sounds