Has EUTW died?

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
donitsi
Community Member

Has EUTW died?

Post#1 » Sat 24 Nov, 2018 7:56 pm

Its Saturday evening and there is combined 14 players on 2 servers. What has happened? I remember those saturdays where there would be 2 servers almost if not full.

Now i know i havent been playing eutw in a long time and just recently got excited again but is this the end of it all? Where did everyone go?
this is my signature

sEi
Donator

Re: Has EUTW died?

Post#2 » Sat 24 Nov, 2018 8:04 pm

Would love to play, but i am sitting in the rain in my van in Gallicia, Spain. Low on data for tethering.
Keep the servers alive...
Do your duty soldier :info-smilie:

See you suddenly.

/sEi

Dox
Donator

Post#3 » Sat 24 Nov, 2018 9:25 pm

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#4 » Mon 26 Nov, 2018 3:10 pm

Looks like arma lost more than half its user base since the beginning of the year. A large chunk recently with the stacked Q4 releases like BF5, CoD and RDR2. Some of those might come back after New Years, but games like Tarkov, Squad and more recently Insurgency Sandstorm are stealing a lot of players interested with realistic combat, rather than using Arma for Altis Life or dedicated milsim roleplaying/events.

Mudokon
Donator

Post#5 » Mon 26 Nov, 2018 9:42 pm

donitsi wrote:Its Saturday evening and there is combined 14 players on 2 servers. What has happened? I remember those saturdays where there would be 2 servers almost if not full.

Monday evening right now and server is completly full. Don't know what happened on Saturday
The only one who keeps me from winning is my own team

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSHqz ... subscriber

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#6 » Mon 26 Nov, 2018 10:39 pm

It could be that some companies are currently in hurry completing stuff they forgot to do in the year. So maybe some people are just busy working.

I my self have a partially broken computer so i cant play Arma 3 with reasonable FPS. it takes some days to fix but soon i will join again and have fun with you guys.

ErikTrak
Donator

Post#7 » Wed 28 Nov, 2018 3:10 pm

>>Monday evening right now and server is completly full. Don't know what happened on Saturday

I found sometime one of the server is full and people waiting to get there but not joining the empty one (understandably).

Maybe time to organize some marketing event for EUTW?

Deeelite
Donator

Post#8 » Wed 28 Nov, 2018 10:04 pm

Nyles wrote:Looks like arma lost more than half its user base since the beginning of the year. A large chunk recently with the stacked Q4 releases like BF5, CoD and RDR2. Some of those might come back after New Years, but games like Tarkov, Squad and more recently Insurgency Sandstorm are stealing a lot of players interested with realistic combat, rather than using Arma for Altis Life or dedicated milsim roleplaying/events.

Nothing can last forever, that's a fact.
I'd rather not mix togheter games like cod, bf and so on with eutw,
ArmA is a versatile milsim which allows you to play almost every kind of wargame depending on the programmation of it.
Let's say that ArmA can be configured to play both arcade and milsim games and for this very same reason we can compare some ArmA servers to cod style games but we cannot compare eutw to them.
Players that want to play games like cod will buy and try similar games.
Players that want to play games like eutw, won't. They probably will be attracted by new and more sophisticated games ArmA comparable.
So, players that do not find eutw intersting are not ready to understand and enjoy it and will come back to cod style games.
Players who have understood it will get somehow addicted to, just like me.

Our community doesn't need cod style players, in my humble opinion, rather passionate people who found in eutw the gamestyle they were seeking for.

Here are the main problems I think eutw should face 'n solve in order to keep high the difference in between the other games.
1) monthly rotation refresh with both old and new layouts; we have been playing the same rotation for...how long ?
2) too much of criticlal hit is killing both the fun, the teamplay, the actions and the patience.
3) Nobody likes to locate truck mhq in Tanoa and Melden: impossible to drive, hard to hide and no hope to reach any destination if nmy drones are up. One thing is to see 7 player spawning at the stop and get ur mhq destroyed after 5 mins, another is to drive it 7 times, following 7 different routes, spending 20 minutes in total with no result at all.
4) Darters flying height should be limited to 500 mt and price reduced a bit.
5) sniper's silencers are too expensive: let them snipe professionally sooner, enemy snipers will take care of them but they will have a faster fun.
6) Let the engi and med be the only capable to fix and heal but don't force 'em to have the toolkit: most of them keep on getting rid of weight letting the team in trouble. Alternatively, force the tools in their inventory.

Eutw is still too much OP currently.
I mean, we can keep on overpowering the warfare up to the level that no one is able to put his nose out the HQ protection area but where would the fun be? THINK ABOUT. This is why lots of old and veteran players came to the conclusion that eutw was better 3 years ago, before they quit the community for ever.

Once again, in my humble opinion, after being 5 years here, constantly.
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#9 » Wed 28 Nov, 2018 11:15 pm

Without dedicated moderators and developers, without a will to evolve, this community will fail.
My only idea is to somehow get the mission creators to release the code to my friend GossamerSolid, thats if and only if I could somehow convince him to take on the task alone. Possibly if he's incentivized by a patreon style support so he can afford to take time off work? I have no ideas left
"Never attribute to Malice that which can easily be explained by Stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor :nuts:

scratch
Community Member

Post#10 » Thu 29 Nov, 2018 5:41 pm

Deathicael wrote:My only idea is to somehow get the mission creators to release the code to my friend GossamerSolid, thats if and only if I could somehow convince him to take on the task alone.

I offered my time to help with mission coding too. 2 month ago or so. It's just don't needed I guess :(
the floor is lava!

Flipps
Community Member

Post#11 » Thu 29 Nov, 2018 10:33 pm

3) Nobody likes to locate truck mhq in Tanoa and Melden: impossible to drive, hard to hide and no hope to reach any destination if nmy drones are up. One thing is to see 7 player spawning at the stop and get ur mhq destroyed after 5 mins, another is to drive it 7 times, following 7 different routes, spending 20 minutes in total with no result at all.

I agree. I always thought the MHQs are part of the core gameplay of EUTW. But it is completely broken now and one major reason for this are the drones IMO...

EDIT: Also, the fact that MHQs are not working anymore, is the most pressing issue IMO. The reason being when no good spawnpoint is available half of the team end up doing nothing but waiting for one to emerge... That's how it is on a public server... there will always be inexperienced and passive players who dont seek for other means of transportation.

3Hugger
Community Member

Post#12 » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 5:02 pm

If you have something to contribute, please do not hold back and apply yourself to help EUTW forward.

Everyone can help, you can help the most if you have developer (scripting/programming) skills, as that seems to be important if one ones to develop. ;-)

But everyone can help:
First of all: play on the servers, invite/motivate others to join, or consider to organize moments that you try to fill the server(s):
I'd say: were is 'Friday - EUTW Fightnight' or 'EUTW End the Weekend' and 'EUTW Murder Mondays'?

You can also make (video) tutorials, stream your games or make epic video compilations of you and your buddies performing the best of squad tactics?

Make fan-content (image banners, desktop wallpapers, w/e) and share this online.

Start a fundraiser for developers. Or perhaps organize an EUTW party.

Be available to help new players find their way, be patient with newcomers and consider to assist instead of resist.
Or simply hang out at the communications tools (discord, forum, teamspeak, etc.

If you want to, there is something you can do to promote EUTW or even help improve the development and realize a a brighter EUTW future.

Thank you for your help and support!

Grenadier
Community Member

Post#13 » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 5:18 pm

i think need almost remove darters. last patch broke vehicle sounds. now it too easy find mhq, armors.
and green team haven't stealth uniform. maybe make for full layouts: opfor vs blufor; for lite: green vs blufor , opfor?

3Hugger
Community Member

Post#14 » Fri 14 Dec, 2018 5:37 pm

Good input, we do not have a team-vs-team approach included yet,
anyone thoughts on that subject (see post from Grenadier above)?

baZti
Community Member

Post#15 » Fri 21 Dec, 2018 1:06 am

I think i would have kept playing, if void wouldn't have started removing most of the good layouts (for bonkers reasons) that i have created within a period of two years. All that i see left in the statistics are the weird layouts that i created like Pefkas Bay and PA-SE-FE (LITE), who got dumb new names and important static objects removed. Where the F is "Total War" for example. ;) Sorry, but i can't enjoy 90% of the layouts other people created.

Pff.

Dox
Donator

Post#16 » Fri 21 Dec, 2018 2:05 am

I argree with you baZti

Total War was very very nice and quick lyout (i think that the lite must be quick)
infact for example some good layout like KORE II, GALATI are often good played..

Some of the last new ongoing layout are wrong , unbalanced point not for shape but for orographic reason.. or laking protection.. (frontline,desert airfield)

Other have unbalace point for side, too different protection, like "SPLIT DECISION" or "SOUTH EAST" (Malden is a nightmare of orographic balance)

My suggestion is :
Keep a rotation for 2 or 3 months , then make a vote on forum for EUTW member and Donator, a dude can vote 5 layout , the most voted (5) will be keeped other 5 news layout will be added and 5 moved away...

PS:
most important change (IMHO) need
- UAV darter... need a change , for example the fuel must to go exhaust in 15 min max and not avaible in lite map

- Lack rocket ammunition at flag for Vorona and MAAWS

EUTW have great potential , but i know.. time to dev have a cost..
:cheers:

3Hugger
Community Member

Post#17 » Fri 21 Dec, 2018 11:19 am

We are currently in the works of finalizing a new rotation.
Both some classics come back, we upgraded them to meet the current standards, and some new layouts as well. We tried to emphasize on a well balanced rotation as well.

But it is important to remain vocal regarding what you like and dislike.
For this rotation we looked up information on the forum and from what we heard in game and try to translate this to a new rotation which implemented what we understood/think the community wants.

3Hugger
Community Member

Post#18 » Fri 21 Dec, 2018 3:30 pm

Hey BaZti,

I looked up your Total_War layout and it is outdated.
It won't even load.

Hence I won't be able to check it out or update it.

baZti
Community Member

Post#19 » Sat 22 Dec, 2018 5:37 pm

Of course it's out of date by now. I just wanted to mention why I for example stopped playing - that's all.

3Hugger
Community Member

Post#20 » Sun 23 Dec, 2018 11:04 am

Okay yes I understand.
And I just wanted to check it out. :)

But I can tell you that we have 2 sets of layouts waiting to be rolled out any moment.
Both upgraded classics and tweaked current layouts as new community layouts (from the forum submission) as new EUTW layouts are added to the mix.

This will updating (switching from Set A to Set B) easier in the future, which hopefully will help to answer the community's whishes more easily (swiftly).

We tried to get in a better mix of teams (Blue vs Green vs Red).
A better balance of Regular vs Lite.
And a more equal spread over the various islands, Stratis will be back in the mix!

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#21 » Mon 24 Dec, 2018 1:08 am

Bazti, a good amount of layouts were removed in consent with the admins and even the donator group over time. I am sorry, if that hurt your feelings, but it wasn’t just void’s decision.

The reason for renaming the layouts was simply because the old naming was not memorable at all and with the amount of available layouts (>30) there were many that shared the same area of the island. Stuff like south-west, didn’t make any sense anymore.

A year ago, we also added back a few classic layouts that were rebuilt by some members of the community. Keep in mind that with GiPPO‘s layout editor, the way they were build was fundamentally different. No layout could just be copied over easily and we only rebuilt those classics that were deemed feasible - especially as we also moved to external layout development to give the community a chance to participate by building and voting on layouts to be added into the rotation. Some stuff had to go for this to happen.

baZti
Community Member

Post#22 » Mon 24 Dec, 2018 3:27 am

No hard feelings. :D

I refer to a period before that and a chat conversation I had with void. I do not know what happened afterwards - at that point I haven't played anymore. The "reason" behind the wittier names was already known to me.

Basically, I just wanted to mention why I stopped playing and that I think to many bad layouts (= content) were put on the server, while I tried to play on the servers again. But that has probably nothing to do with the general loss of players.

What ever...it's close to 2019 and I wish good luck with future developments.

Dox
Donator

Post#23 » Mon 24 Dec, 2018 5:30 pm

3Hugger wrote:But I can tell you that we have 2 sets of layouts waiting to be rolled out any moment.

Ohhh my boy.. do it.. DO IT !!!!!11!!

<3
<3

happy holiday @ all EUTW staff

Saro
Donator

Post#24 » Sun 30 Dec, 2018 12:11 am

I hope the EUTW Family remains faithful in 2019 ! Keep shooting and wish all a happy new year !
Veteran since Operation Flashpoint 2001 !!! :info-smilie: :rocker:

durak_ivan
Donator

Post#25 » Mon 31 Dec, 2018 1:23 pm

Ye.. Happy Merry Christmas and new year, I really hope 2019 will be up in number of players.

Something to consider:
Small maps, fast maps, makes fun easier, not tedious to drive around, faster into action, easier for new people.
And who needs an MHQ? when you can walk 400 meters and be in the full fire of action :)

You see my point?