Nyles wrote:Looks like arma lost more than half its user base since the beginning of the year. A large chunk recently with the stacked Q4 releases like BF5, CoD and RDR2. Some of those might come back after New Years, but games like Tarkov, Squad and more recently Insurgency Sandstorm are stealing a lot of players interested with realistic combat, rather than using Arma for Altis Life or dedicated milsim roleplaying/events.
Nothing can last forever, that's a fact.
I'd rather not mix togheter games like cod, bf and so on with eutw,
ArmA is a versatile milsim which allows you to play almost every kind of wargame depending on the programmation of it.
Let's say that ArmA can be configured to play both arcade and milsim games and for this very same reason we can compare some ArmA servers to cod style games but we cannot compare eutw to them.
Players that want to play games like cod will buy and try similar games.
Players that want to play games like eutw, won't. They probably will be attracted by new and more sophisticated games ArmA comparable.
So, players that do not find eutw intersting are not ready to understand and enjoy it and will come back to cod style games.
Players who have understood it will get somehow addicted to, just like me.
Our community doesn't need cod style players, in my humble opinion, rather passionate people who found in eutw the gamestyle they were seeking for.
Here are the main problems I think eutw should face 'n solve in order to keep high the difference in between the other games.
1) monthly rotation refresh with both old and new layouts; we have been playing the same rotation for...how long ?
2) too much of criticlal hit is killing both the fun, the teamplay, the actions and the patience.
3) Nobody likes to locate truck mhq in Tanoa and Melden: impossible to drive, hard to hide and no hope to reach any destination if nmy drones are up. One thing is to see 7 player spawning at the stop and get ur mhq destroyed after 5 mins, another is to drive it 7 times, following 7 different routes, spending 20 minutes in total with no result at all.
4) Darters flying height should be limited to 500 mt and price reduced a bit.
5) sniper's silencers are too expensive: let them snipe professionally sooner, enemy snipers will take care of them but they will have a faster fun.
6) Let the engi and med be the only capable to fix and heal but don't force 'em to have the toolkit: most of them keep on getting rid of weight letting the team in trouble. Alternatively, force the tools in their inventory.
Eutw is still too much OP currently.
I mean, we can keep on overpowering the warfare up to the level that no one is able to put his nose out the HQ protection area but where would the fun be? THINK ABOUT. This is why lots of old and veteran players came to the conclusion that eutw was better 3 years ago, before they quit the community for ever.
Once again, in my humble opinion, after being 5 years here, constantly.
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois