Maps, Mods and servers

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
MR.PINK
Donator

Maps, Mods and servers

Post#1 » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 10:21 am

Alright.
TL:DR
Should we run custom maps and mods on one of the servers?

I've hade quite a few disscussions with new players these past few weeks and many players who are spilling over from KOTH and Wasteland and other game modes are asking about more custom maps and mod support.
These guys already have loads of custom maps and mods installed from the workshop.
Would it be an idéa to run say server 2 with more mods and custom maps and leave server one for the vanilla experience?
Vicous mentioned in discord that the point of the Tanoa, Altis, Stratis and Malden rotation of maps is that you can join the game with just Vanilla Arma, and I think that is a great idea that we should stick to.
But I'm interested in your opinion in offering missions on say the Bornholm map, or Takistan map or any other well made map from the workshop to those of us that would like to spice things up a bit.
I get it that there needs to be missions done and stuff like that, but that will come from or lovely mission creators over time!
I just want to know peoples opinions. I my self have not so much experience on other maps then the Vanilla maps, and I have not played hours and hours of Arma2 or something like that so that is why im starting this.
/end wall of text.

vicko
Donator

Re: Maps, Mods and servers

Post#2 » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 12:02 pm

I really like your idea, me and many others I am sure.It wolud be great to have one moded server with eutw mission. It has been asked so many time before, and it never happened because developers did not have any spare time to do it, plus they dont want to split the community.
I know I would kill to play moded eutw :shoot:

scratch
Community Member

Post#3 » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 4:58 pm

As before, I'm sign with it ^^
the floor is lava!

Mudokon
Donator

Post#4 » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 6:36 pm

Just imagine playing EUTW on Chernarus/Takistan without all that thermal shit every second player has!
The only one who keeps me from winning is my own team

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSHqz ... subscriber

Flipps
Community Member

Post#5 » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 9:54 pm

One of the admins wrote in another topic EUTW will run out of money early next year. So, not much hope for RHS EUTW or something similar :(

Limdi
Donator

Post#6 » Wed 07 Nov, 2018 10:39 pm

> One of the admins wrote in another topic EUTW will run out of money early next year. So, not much hope for RHS EUTW or something similar :(

The fund page says it's till half of Q3 for now, am I wrong?

vicious
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#7 » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 1:28 pm

Limdi wrote:> One of the admins wrote in another topic EUTW will run out of money early next year. So, not much hope for RHS EUTW or something similar :(

The fund page says it's till half of Q3 for now, am I wrong?

No worries Limdi. Everything is fine. Thank you all for the input. We discuss this topic and will reply asap.
You can still post your ideas here.

Edit: RHS with EUTW will not happen > https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?t=2150

Cheers vicious :cheers:

Bashka_IF
Community Member

Post#8 » Wed 21 Nov, 2018 6:53 pm

vicious wrote:Edit: RHS with EUTW will not happen > https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?t=2150

tnx, very glad no mods are required on EUTW.
I dont want to download 50G to have steady 20 fps.

Dox
Donator

Post#9 » Wed 21 Nov, 2018 9:34 pm

i'm agree only for custom map (ex: Chernarus,Takistan)
no other mod

MR.PINK
Donator

Post#10 » Sat 24 Nov, 2018 1:19 am

Yeah, other maps are the main idea here.
Takistan, Cherrnarus and even other well made maps like Bornholm and such would be really nice to have on rotation I think!

Flipps
Community Member

Post#11 » Thu 29 Nov, 2018 10:46 pm

I was referring to this post by Nyles. Glad to hear there are no financial problems after all...
https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7312#p61101

- Donations have not picked up (understandably) with the latest estimate suggesting servers can be kept up early into 2019