Monthly EUTW leaderboards (statsdev.eutw.net/leaderboards)

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
mik
Donator

Monthly EUTW leaderboards (statsdev.eutw.net/leaderboards)

Post#1 » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 7:54 am

Some screenshots of the monthly (30 day) leaderboards.
Thought would be a pity to keep the stats for myself so until the page will not be online will post every now and then a few tables of the current situation :)

Flag defense time:
Hidden Text

MHQ driving time:
Hidden Text

Kills:
Hidden Text

Let me know if you want to see other stats!

Edit: Leaderboards visible at https://statsdev.eutw.net/leaderboards
Last edited by mik on Wed 21 Nov, 2018 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

vicious
PVP Warfare Admin

Re: Monthly EUTW leaderboards (just screenshots)

Post#2 » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:21 am

445km MHQ drivin :bump:
Thanks for the stats. Much appreciated!

Deeelite
Donator

Post#3 » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:57 am

Oh my gosh! I thought I almost didn't move the MHQs lately and I'm still #1 in driving distance ???
GUYS: move mhqs from base please !!!! :)
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

Mudokon
Donator

Post#4 » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 5:18 pm

3.49 :D

only if I had more time on my hands..
The only one who keeps me from winning is my own team

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSHqz ... subscriber

scratch
Community Member

Post#5 » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 10:13 pm

This leader board based on kill per death, or gained points could be a good instrument in new players retention.
the floor is lava!

mik
Donator

Post#6 » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 5:54 am

vicious wrote:445km MHQ drivin :bump:
Thanks for the stats. Much appreciated!

You're welcome!

Deeelite wrote:Oh my gosh! I thought I almost didn't move the MHQs lately and I'm still #1 in driving distance ???
GUYS: move mhqs from base please !!!! :)

Also #1 with MAAWS, almost 200kills! Let me know if some stats seems visibly wrong.

Mudokon wrote:3.49 :D

only if I had more time on my hands..

#1 with Blackfoot and SPAR16 kills :)

scratch wrote:This leader board based on kill per death, or gained points could be a good instrument in new players retention.

K/D ratio? Here:
Maybe is needed another column taking in account total playtime or kills.

Yup, one purpose of the leaderboards is for player retention :D

ThreeDots
Community Member

Post#7 » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 4:49 pm

kills (or score) per time played (or hour/minute) could be an interesting statistic

|DJ| JOHN
Donator

Post#8 » Wed 03 Oct, 2018 11:31 am

Unfortunately, contributing to your team and gaining score points do not always go together. I would love if this could happen at all instances.

For example when you kill an enemy, you have contributed to your team, by having one less enemy in the circle. Therefore you get a point.

When you revive someone, you also get a point, which is good because you have contributed to the team.

When you have destroyed a vehicle you also gain points, because you have also contributed to your team.

When you have stayed in the circle and you have dropped it for example for 20 points, you also get a point, and rightly so because you have contributed to the team.

It would be nice if would get a point, say for every 1km of driving the MHQ, because this is also a very important contribution for your team.

You should also get a point if you are dropping say 4 of your teamates, 400 metres away from an enemy town as well. Grebo is doing that day in day out and he gets no points. However, this is a great contribution to the team. I know Grebo gets money for it, but it is also nice to see yourself on the top at the scoreboard because of your team contribution.

When you spend all your money and purchase Hurons, like Tracy does for example, and successfully paradrop your teamates close to an enemy town, you should also get points for that.

I love stats. I love seeing myself on the top after a 4 hour war. I love as well when my team has won. I love when both happen at the same time.

But I have realised that if I play solo I get more points per minute than when I help my team ie, driving MHQs or Flying Hurons.

The current scoreboard encourages solo gaming and very little teamwork. I wish it would reward more teamwork efforts as mentioned above.

Still, I LOVE this game and this community but I miss a bit of more teamwork, as I used to have in COD.

Kind regards
|DJ| John
:nato:

|DJ| JOHN
Donator

Post#9 » Wed 03 Oct, 2018 11:50 am

Maybe you guys could create that list of "players of the month" as per points I just mentioned above.

You could create a consolidated table of all activities that contribute to the team, ie, killing an enemy, destroying enemy vehicle, reviving teammate, also 1 point per KM of MHQ or MIP driving, 1 point per 4 teammates dropped within 400 metres of enemy town, 1 point pet 4 teammates para-dropped within 3KM of enemy town, etc.

You could create that table easily manually after you have gathered all the other stats as you have already. All you would have to do is set the rules so we all know. That way it would motivate me for one, to play more for the team and less for myself.

Kind regards
|DJ| John

Deeelite
Donator

Post#10 » Wed 03 Oct, 2018 7:15 pm

Well, John, we must admit that a player's effort is really hard to define sometimes and quite impossible to do it by scripts.
My contribute is often barely clear to the team I'm playing with.
Normally, asa I enter the game, I start to understand the situation: are we reactive defenders, are enemy compulsive attackers, enemy and friendly current combat style and so on. Every aspect to define asap the crucial question every player should be keep on asking to himself along the whole game duration: "what is the best action I am supposed to do, now? ".
The placing of an MHQ is hard to valutate: the succes of its positioning is totally timing depending. You move it there now and your team will lose two flags at the same time, you move it after one minute, in the very same position, and your team will gain two flags !!!
Thus, there are moments you shouldn't move that MHQ and others you must. How can a script be able to rcognize the proper momentum ?
Also, how can you valutate, e.g., my contribute when I am standing in unexpected positions waiting ages for the enemy to attack a remote vulnerable flag we have? I normally make really low scoring but I always try to be the biggest problem enemies have, constantly, regardless my scoring.
Yesterday I stopped 4 huminbirds from attacking and two of them thanks to the voip intel we were sharing. How can a script recognize that? So, the best and only working reward system we have in order to keep teamplaying high is to say "thank you" or "good job" on each action made. Teamplay is also so invisible, sometimes.

Grebo and many other players are such a good pawnee pilots that they are constantly joining blufor to fly that model.
I wonder myself, now: can a script be able to reward them for joining the other side when blufor is available ????

EUTW pvp offers hundreds of chances per game to make yourself a clue of what is it about. Players are quickly brought to understand their affinity with it. It's called 'natural selection'.
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

|DJ| JOHN
Donator

Post#11 » Wed 03 Oct, 2018 11:29 pm

Deeelite,

I totally agree with you that there are some teamwork actions, as you described, that cannot be rewarded, for example providing intelligence. But that does not mean that we should not encourage rewarding teamwork with points where we can further.

I have no idea about scripting, but since the game is programmed to reward us with 1 point for every 20 points of attacking or defending a town, it makes sense to me, that it is possible to reward a player with 1 point per KM or driving the MHQ.

You said:

"Thus, there are moments you shouldn't move that MHQ and others you must. How can a script be able to recognize the proper momentum ?"

The answer to that is making the game reward 1 point to the driver of the MHQ, for every player that spawns on that MHQ. That would really cool!

In your example, if the MHQ is in a ridiculous position, or has no momentum as you said, then nobody would spawn on it, so the driver would not get any points.

To take it further, imagine as well if the driver loses 1 point every time the MHQ is destroyed by the enemy. That would be really cool as well. That would make the MHQ an even greater of responsibility.

All in all I still believe there are lot more possibilities we can reward teamwork.

|DJ| John

Deeelite
Donator

Post#12 » Thu 04 Oct, 2018 6:35 pm

I feel we are going out of topic here, btw, John I agree too.

Check this out anyway, in case u missed it:

https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6380&p=56428&hilit=mhq+reward#p56428

mik
Donator

Post#13 » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 11:16 am

Flag defense:
Hidden Text

MHQ driving:
Hidden Text

Kills:
Hidden Text

Kills^2/Deaths instead of K/D:
Hidden Text

scratch
Community Member

Post#14 » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 1:58 pm

K^2/Death - nice idea
PS name it as "Kill pts" pls :bouncy:
PPS I remember in hl2 DM I used to play was a nice column named kills per minute. Will be interesting to see it here
the floor is lava!

mik
Donator

Post#15 » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 4:36 am

Flag defense:
Hidden Text

MHQ driving time:
Hidden Text

Kills:
Hidden Text

And kill points:
Hidden Text

Kills per minute (or per hour) can be done. Maybe will put that in place of the k/d as on top positions there are usually players who just did one game or so.

Steve0
Donator

Post#16 » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 10:38 am

mik wrote:Kills per minute (or per hour) can be done. Maybe will put that in place of the k/d as on top positions there are usually players who just did one game or so.

+1 for this.

Also - if you have space for another column - it would be interesting to see playtime alongside kills to get an implicit idea of Kills/Time Deaths/Time etc.

Feature Request:
Would it be practical to add a filter to each column? It would be nice to be able to interactively find top 10 KD where playtime > 10hrs and similar.

That is probably a lot of work to implement though.

mik
Donator

Post#17 » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 10:00 am

Steve0 wrote:
Feature Request:
Would it be practical to add a filter to each column? It would be nice to be able to interactively find top 10 KD where playtime > 10hrs and similar.

Not easily doable with the current structure.
Initial idea was to have an extra page where was possible to customize/combine and filter all available stats as you prefer, create/save columns based on those customizations... but definitively lot of work and performance not good depending on the queries.

What can be easily done is to add a section (as now is kills->overview or teamwork->absolute) like kills->details.
In that section can place some columns e.g. k/d with players who have more than 10h playtime, and for those who have <10h playtime the k/d will be 0.

Steve0
Donator

Post#18 » Sat 17 Nov, 2018 10:18 am

I thought that might be the case, no worries.

Is there any ETA on the server infrastructure to support rolling this out for users?

mik
Donator

Post#19 » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 8:42 am

Steve0 wrote:Is there any ETA on the server infrastructure to support rolling this out for users?

It's working on here, you can give a check ;) : https://statsdev.eutw.net/leaderboards
No ETA for when will be in the 'stats' subdomain and won't have time to add new big features, but will try to fix eventual bugs.

Steve0
Donator

Post#20 » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 8:56 am

mik wrote:It's working on here, you can give a check ;) : https://statsdev.eutw.net/leaderboards

Legend! Looks great

Steve0
Donator

Post#21 » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 12:25 pm

Bugreport:

Favourite class always returns 'Rifleman' despite displaying the correct value in the tables.

ErikTrak
Donator

Post#22 » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 7:50 pm

Wow! Good to see things developing in the background!

mik
Donator

Post#23 » Wed 21 Nov, 2018 5:11 am

Steve0 wrote:Bugreport:
Favourite class always returns 'Rifleman' despite displaying the correct value in the tables.

Fixed!

Steve0
Donator

Post#24 » Wed 21 Nov, 2018 11:17 am

mik wrote:Fixed!

:cheers: