v2.07.03 - Discussion & Feedback

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
GiPPO
EUTW Management

v2.07.03 - Discussion & Feedback

Post#1 » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 4:39 am

Changelog

Full list of vehicle loadouts

Although this is a minor update, I created a separate thread for this, as the new vehicle loadout presets is rather a major change. As soon as the Laws of War DLC arrived, we knew we need to add the new cluster bombs, so we decided implement our next step with pylon loadouts, adding selectable loadouts. Do not worry, the full customization is still planned and will come eventually.

What's new

Features
  • Added selectable pylon loadout presets for pylon loadout supported vehicles. Note: some of the loadouts are only available on regular layouts.
  • Added +100% price increase on AT launchers and AT ammunition on LITE layouts.
  • Improved vehicle placement feature, now it supports placement on top of objects.

Gearshop
  • All launcher and AT ammo prices are increased by 500 Cr.
  • Added EOD vest for Syndikat and CSAT.
  • Added Leg Strap backpack which can be also used by snipers.

Vehicleshop
  • Added KH-3A Fenghuang with GBU bombs to CSAT vehicleshop.
  • Added MQ-12 Falcon to NATO vehicleshop.
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

scratch
Community Member

Re: v2.07.03 - Discussion & Feedback

Post#2 » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 4:36 pm

I checked Neophrone lodaouts. And there are some issues. Like 20x2 HE carriage
I like the only one who used it. So its pretty legit to ask to remove "x2" thing and make it 20x1 HE. I want to shoot precisely and from 1 wing only

Edit: As a side part - to dodge from 6 AMRAAMS you need minimum 180 flares, normally 210. And i see in a list a BlackWasp with 8 AMRAAMS and 10 ASRAAMS. I don't want to say that i will gone. But. What The Fuck? What The Fuck Is This?
Last edited by scratch on Sun 01 Oct, 2017 11:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
the floor is lava!

Bumka
Community Member

Post#3 » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 4:48 pm

Couldn't check but there is a mistake either in description or in loadout itself: Cluster bomb Ababil has 6x Scalpel AGM.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#4 » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 5:17 pm

Bumka wrote:Couldn't check but there is a mistake either in description or in loadout itself: Cluster bomb Ababil has 6x Scalpel AGM.

Thanks, will fix it!

Bumka
Community Member

Post#5 » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 7:42 pm

Same problem with NATO Greyhawk. 2x GBU instead of 2x CBU.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#6 » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 8:02 pm

Bumka wrote:Same problem with NATO Greyhawk. 2x GBU instead of 2x CBU.

Thanks, Seems like it's a general UAV loadout problem. Will fix it for tomorrow.

Michael_McCloud
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#7 » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 9:13 pm

@GiPPO: <3

:)
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Once more into the fray.
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day.
Live and die on this day.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#8 » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 4:19 am

Thanks for the reports!
  • Fixed: for some vehicles/loadouts the loadout info was incorrect and/or the vehicle price was shown incorrectly.
  • Fixed: Greyhawk UAV Cluster loadout had wrong magazines defined
  • Vehicleshop: moved vehicle price text slight to the left. (super important!)

MarkoCRO
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#9 » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 12:25 pm

Nice changes

Likbjorn
Donator

Post#10 » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 9:09 pm

Hellcat with 20mm guns only can be used as AA helicopter: 20mm can't do nothing serious to ground targets most times I think it should be cheaper and would be sweet to have 300 20mm and 12x DARs loadout instead maybe.

Maybe you can make this gun for only one pylon but with double ammo: to reduce its fire rate - it is insane.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#11 » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 10:12 pm

Likbjorn wrote:Hellcat with 20mm guns only can be used as AA helicopter: 20mm can't do nothing serious to ground targets most times I think it should be cheaper and would be sweet to have 300 20mm and 12x DARs loadout instead maybe.

Maybe you can make this gun for only one pylon but with double ammo: to reduce its fire rate - it is insane.

The firing priority can be changed, which would mean that you first empty one side then the other instead of 2 at once.

TheMasterofBlubb
Donator

Post#12 » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 9:35 pm

Wow woooow ok ... need money

crogeek
Donator

Post#13 » Tue 10 Oct, 2017 6:52 pm

Can you adjust alignment of text of magazines (for example) which you can buy in the shop, I saw yesterday some magazine texts are looking like they can't be read to the end of the message.
Add me on Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/crogeek/
or find me on Teamspeak: ts.eutw.net

Certified IT professional (hardware/software expert)
DJ since 2008 (uplifting trance/trance progressive/goa)
Proud EUTW veteran & EUTW supporter

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#14 » Tue 10 Oct, 2017 8:22 pm

crogeek wrote:Can you adjust alignment of text of magazines (for example) which you can buy in the shop, I saw yesterday some magazine texts are looking like they can't be read to the end of the message.

You mean the tooltip (mouseover)? If you could make a screenshot or just tell me which vehicle&loadout it is and what is your interface size I can look at it.

Mumpitz
Community Member

Post#15 » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 1:28 am

Hi interwebs,

I'm not really happy with the balance that comes with the new changes.

Vehicle loadouts.
The helis ones are completely unbalanced / overpowered. Orca has skyfires. This is just wrong. You can level a whole city with those rockets, the heli is decent protected against small calibers and has a HUD. Whats the blu or green counterpart?
As blu its even worse. Heli is the worst protected, you dont have a HUD and its the same price. And the ATGM loadout of blu is not that useful because you need to spot / rely on mapmarkers. Sounds fine in theory, its bad in action - no crosshair...
I suggest here to remove skyfire from light attack helis, slightly adjut the price of each heli and/or service costs considering the base vehicle.

The UAV loadouts are another bad balance choice imo. Why? Since darters are popular, those cluster loadouts are devastating because "precise". There was a round where even ordinary trucks got clusterd. Multiple times. I suggest removing those cluster loadouts from drones. I dont mind a Arty having clusters, traveltime, no direct line of sight to target. i'm ok with that.
These CAS loadouts are a super cool idea, but even here i see a difference in firepower per price.

I like the idea of the dynamic loadout! Don't get me wrong here.
But it feels to me like there is much hype about new things/assets.
But in-game things don't work like that.
It's about making a fair fight, not just some fancy loadouts because why not.

Infantry gear.
Now that CSAT has explosive resistant armor i feel like its even worse to make it a fair fight over time. You now can have Explosive vest + special suit + thermal helmet. You can counter everything with that. As Blu you miss thermal protection or higher caliber than 5.56 with assault rifles. As green you can't access thermal protection.
I know that CSAT gear cost quite much, already have seen some CSAT running that even with a Type 115. There is nothing for the other factions to get all those benefits combined / something similar.
And joining a low pop-server where people have farmed cash already and buying all the cool things isn't that much of a joy tbf.
Here i suggest: remove the explosive vest for CSAT, to at lest leave one vulnerable "spot" on CSAT gear.

Thanks for reading my 2cents.

crogeek
Donator

Post#16 » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 4:38 pm

GiPPO wrote:
crogeek wrote:Can you adjust alignment of text of magazines (for example) which you can buy in the shop, I saw yesterday some magazine texts are looking like they can't be read to the end of the message.

You mean the tooltip (mouseover)? If you could make a screenshot or just tell me which vehicle&loadout it is and what is your interface size I can look at it.

No, I was meaning this text of the items in the shop, when you want to buy magazines, text is aligned to the right - look magazines, you can't see full text of them in the shop.
I will make screenshot if necessary.
Also I think shop GUI should be resized slightly more in my opinion (if possible).
(interface size default/normal, 1080p, 16:9 res)
Add me on Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/crogeek/
or find me on Teamspeak: ts.eutw.net

Certified IT professional (hardware/software expert)
DJ since 2008 (uplifting trance/trance progressive/goa)
Proud EUTW veteran & EUTW supporter

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#17 » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 9:42 pm

crogeek wrote:
GiPPO wrote:

No, I was meaning this text of the items in the shop, when you want to buy magazines, text is aligned to the right - look magazines, you can't see full text of them in the shop.
I will make screenshot if necessary.
Also I think shop GUI should be resized slightly more in my opinion (if possible).
(interface size default/normal, 1080p, 16:9 res)

Ah I get it. Will work something out.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#18 » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 9:09 am

Difficulty setting changed - Turned on automatic map marking of detected mines (https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6304)

vicious
Donator

Post#19 » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 10:52 am

GiPPO wrote:Difficulty setting changed - Turned on automatic map marking of detected mines (https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6304)

THANKS! :bigthumb:

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#20 » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 1:25 pm

vicious wrote:
GiPPO wrote:Difficulty setting changed - Turned on automatic map marking of detected mines (https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6304)

THANKS! :bigthumb:

Although Steve0 brought up a real concern (at least it's a concert for me) that you may instantly see which mines got triggered and which are not.
But they may have been removed by the cleanup script as well, so you cannot be 100% sure, unless you've just placed them.

Steve0
Donator

Post#21 » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 1:35 pm

GiPPO wrote:may have been removed by the cleanup script as well, so you cannot be 100% sure, unless you've just placed them.

This is news to me, mines are subject to the cleanup script?

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#22 » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 1:41 pm

Steve0 wrote:
GiPPO wrote:may have been removed by the cleanup script as well, so you cannot be 100% sure, unless you've just placed them.

This is news to me, mines are subject to the cleanup script?

Yes! They get cleaned up 45 minutes after placement. We needed this as some players just got into the game very early and laid mines all over the objectives/around bases. (although it was needed anyways, but that was the reason I started working on it ASAP)

Steve0
Donator

Post#23 » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 1:44 pm

Oh cool, thanks.

950hrs of EUTW and still learning things :)

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#24 » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 2:29 am

It was too good to be true. This difficulty setting has introduces a side effect.
Players can see enemy units with bringing the mouse over of their location.

I'm reverting this setting. Sorry, I know you got excited about this, maybe we'll script a custom one in at some point which is not part of the weird realm of arma 3 difficult settings.

Likbjorn
Donator

Post#25 » Mon 16 Oct, 2017 2:49 pm

Since we got variaty of loadouts for aircrafts, some players (most of them infantry orientated) get confused by current role of the aircraft and ask for providing help that the aircraft with current loadout just unable to do. They consider it to be equiped with default loadouts, because only vehicle name on map. For example, recently me and Bumka operated Blackfoot CAS version (48x DARs & gun) and we were often asked to fight heavy armored vehicles.

I suggest to sign on map aircraft's loadout. For example, instead of "Bumka, Likbjorn [AH-99 Blackfoot]" mark it with "Bumka, Likbjorn [AH-99 Blackfoot: CAS/Tactical/AT]". This will help team to clearly understand what kind of air support they have at the moment.

Second demand is to make option to change loadout set (with proper price penalty, surely) on rearm. Some of them are very specific (like AA/AT Pawnee) and can be used only in specific cases. Pilot should be able to change his role more flexibly.

Return to “Discussion / Suggestions / Bugs”