critical hit

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Re: critical hit

Post#76 » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 12:37 pm

Nyles wrote:What I would consider as a reasonbale thing to try out is ignoring critical damage if a medic is within 100m, but instead drastically reduce the time possible to revive to let's say 60 seconds. Medics - as part of an attack force - could then actually keep their team intact if they themselves stay close but dont expose themselves to incoming fire.

This can be a nice solution, which will make medic role more valuable and probably will force players to stay together. Would be sweet to have such implementation.

Deeelite
Donator

Post#77 » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 6:53 pm

Likbjorn wrote:This can be a nice solution, which will make medic role more valuable and probably will force players to stay together. Would be sweet to have such implementation.

Sorry both Nyles & Lik ...

can you kindly consider the fact that most of engeneers and medics directly get rid of their whole backpack as they enter the game to get fuckin LIGHTER ??
I saw a MAP on the ground too at base 2 days ago !
I wouln't be surprised if someone dropped it for a matter of weight as well.. ( I mean, can u rly be so idiot, in case ? )

Likbjorn: you said 'probably' I'd say 'remotely' !

A medic getting rid of his medikit is still something we urgently need to fix here.

something like 'you are not allowed to drop this item' ?
or let engi and meds be the only ones capable to fix and heal even without kits ?

I know, Nyles, I know the reasons you want them to have kits with them but the result is that too much of people don't like all the penalisation meds and engs are afflicted by just because too much of people play EUTW for few weeks or hours then leave. And they just want something to aim and kill . . . to read the scoreboards.

Anyway, Nyles, I'm IN with your idea.
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#78 » Tue 23 Jan, 2018 10:45 pm

The problem is that with the lobby system, if a person doesnt want to be a medic or engineer, but there are no other slots, they will do whatever it takes to play the way they want (i.e. carry more ammo or extra rockets). There isn't much we can do about that unfortunately.

The only way to fix that would be with an in-game class selection, which Arma doesn't provide out of the box and takes a lot of effort to build.

We could enforce players to not be able to drop their respective kits, but then again, players will feel double-punished in such a class, if its the only free slot.

M.O.R
Banned

Post#79 » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 12:00 pm

Hey boys. The topic is about critical hits. Don't make it that complicated. Either turn it off, or make it headshot or explosion only like it was before..

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#80 » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 12:14 pm

Deeelite wrote:can you kindly consider the fact that most of engeneers and medics directly get rid of their whole backpack as they enter the game to get fuckin LIGHTER ??

i actually don't know exactly, but i think this problem isn't as big as it seems sometimes.

for example when i leave the server (and don't plan on coming back) i will drop my equipment to the ground/in the crate in the base.

now when a lucky rifleman finds the backpack, he will leave the medkit/rep kit behind.
and now everybody thinks that there is some medic/engineer who is running around without a kit.

i guess there are some idiots who drop the kits to reduce their weight, but not every kit you see means that there is a med/engi running around without their kit.

M.O.R
Banned

Post#81 » Sun 27 May, 2018 1:26 pm

Is there any progress in this Critical Hit problem? can't you make it like only medics can revive a crit within 20-30 seconds or so? I really want the other guys back into playing arma..Whenever I ask, they ask: Still critical shit broken?!

Edgar
Community Member

Post#82 » Sun 27 May, 2018 1:47 pm

Yeah I got a quick solution:

Make server 1 a non critical server and server 2 a critical server.
Let the playerbase vote with their playtime.

M.O.R
Banned

Post#83 » Sun 27 May, 2018 1:49 pm

That's not the point. I like the critical hit feature, but the way it was before it somehow got fucked up. You suggest splitting the last remaining players into half or whatever. That's no solution

Edgar
Community Member

Post#84 » Sun 27 May, 2018 1:52 pm

MOR its called a simple A/B test. Theres two options, and noone has a conclusive answer on what to implement. This way what is best is what will be played. I cannot belive this is hard to understand smh

M.O.R
Banned

Post#85 » Sun 27 May, 2018 1:56 pm

Dude, you already know the answer right? Crit is broken and not working as intended..so of course ppl would join the server withouth it. There's no need for your A/B test if you already know the answer..The script needs to be fixed instead, or fully turned off until its fixed..And not option A or B ..jesus .. You cannot believe that it's that hard to understand? How long have you been playing in here? how often did you come up with ideas? You're not in the postion to talk to me like that. As if I'm an idiot..Relax a bit young man

Edgar
Community Member

Post#86 » Sun 27 May, 2018 2:12 pm

MOR this little engagement of ours is a perfect example of why we need the A/B test.

You think the answer is so obvious. Yet people disagree. It baffles the mind that you either believe everyone around you so stupid or the problem so simple. Since there are arguments on both sides, only testing will reveal what is really the best option.

I hope you are right, I am not in favor of critical hits - but instead of offering worthless opinions based on personal experience I offer what is best for the player base, giving them what they want.

On a side note this is why you and the rest of what I like to call the "German Generals" always whine on sidechat. Its simply a matter of perspective, and while you spend a lot of time on this community, not everyone shares your views. It does not help that you aren't the best communicator either. I feel bad for new players who do the team a favor by driving the MHQ up, only to receive flak for placing it in what you deem a bad spot. Your criticism is always in hindsight, and after the MHQ is blown up - your opinion on its placement does not matter.

Heres my suggestion to you, forums and ingame: Be constructive. You might see youself as a smart and capable player. Show this side instead of the borderline troll you come across. If you want an input on where MHQs you don't drive youself end up, then make some markers. And finally, please don't assume you have all the answers. Its painfully clear you don't.

M.O.R
Banned

Post#87 » Sun 27 May, 2018 3:08 pm

placeholder..and you're on the blocked list..like quade, mouse, and the rest of the "...."...so after that short drifting off the topic from le boy, back to the topic..Did you guys figure something out, why the crit happens that often? Talking to Dee confirms that it's not only me having that high amount of it

Edgar
Community Member

Post#88 » Sun 27 May, 2018 3:30 pm

Dear MOR.

I really want to engage in tought full discussion on this subject, as I passionately feel that critical hits are bad for the servers. Its hard for me to understand what you mean by blocked list as you actively reply to me! What does "the rest of "..." " mean?

How did my suggestion of doing a test result in such animosity from you? I offer you valid criticism and a suggestion on how to deal with the critical crisis and now all of the sudden you dislike me? English is not my first language, and I hope I come across in full.

I've been taking some German lessons and I hope maybe this can help bridge the gap between us. Maybe one day we would finally be able to converse without misunderstanding. Untill then, maybe you could start by reading the bile you call your posts before submitting them!

Yours now and always,
Edgar.

M.O.R
Banned

Post#89 » Sun 27 May, 2018 3:47 pm

In case you're talking to me Ed, I can't read it..i'm sorry..

Edgar
Community Member

Post#90 » Sun 27 May, 2018 3:53 pm

MOR! Please keep the discussion on topic!

Deeelite
Donator

Post#91 » Sat 15 Dec, 2018 3:20 pm

Limdi wrote:
It's time to replace Critical Hit

So incase part of your squad survives you want to revive everybody and continue in full strength no matter you got a headshot. I don't know whether that makes squad play too strong. Do you disagree?

Limdi, as you can see there is already a thread about criticl hits and, let me tell you, MANY REG PLAYERS get pissed of this feature simply because is prooven that cons are overtaking the pros. Crit hit was a good idea which tried to solve the problem you know well in terms of endless fighting episodes.
I quoted you here so that you can take a look to different opinions highlighted in the past, so far, because it seems you haven't read these posts.

Example #1
Crit Hit activated.
You go to attack a flag with your previously organized 5 players squad, you drive your truck or you ask a pilot for an insertion, whatever, it takes 5 mins to be there, then you approach the flag and 2 of you get crit hit by overpowered AI, one actual enemy spawn right behind you to defend and surprisely got another 2 crit hits on your squad. Now you are alone, the connected flag you own is under attack: what are your killed members supposed to do? They will go there defending with the rest of the 29 players (no other attack windows are opened atm) and your action is fucked up right from the scratch. Yes, none of your team will come to support you because they see there is only you there. The enemy who came to defend will not care about you because he knows 1 unit will be not a problem and will go attacking the connected flag leaving you capture at 1 tick speed. Your organized squads last 3 mins whatever you are attempting to do, currently. Nobody is interested to play as squad this way coz teamplay is worthless ! Do you agree? 90% of good old players did, up to the point they raged, got banned and or quit EUTW. It would be nice to open a forum page called 'reasons why you are not playing EUTW anymore', seriously.

Let's get deeper in this crit hit feature: surely the principle is good and should bring more realistic situations in order to limit the enemy chances to insist with an assault after being heavily wounded in action but we all realized by stats that this feature is a bit weird. Many many times you may get crit hit few times in a row, no matter the enemy weapon, distance or stamina. Many times I got critical hit by a soldier who suddently stop after running for mins and one-shot me with a fucking low caliber while I'm not able to do that neither with an entire mag. I would understand it occasionally but this is a too frequently repetitive luck. I'm still sure some players found a way to bypass anti-cheat system and use kinda aimbot script.
What admins should have tried before the Crit Hit feature is
1) limit the time for being revived by normal soldiers to 30 sec.
2) extend up to 90 sec the time for being revived by a medic giving more credits to him for action made in attack/defend areas

Now, Limdy, put youself in the defender's shoes and let's evalutate the example again with no crit hit feature.

Example #2
Crit Hit deactivated / 30 sec. for being revived by a soldier / 90 sec. for being revived by a medic

Your flag is under attack by a squad, you know there are not MHQs there coz your UAV-operator saw the insertion by chopper and warned you. Your team should better not to underestimate the case now. The squad is attacking with 1 medic at least for sure since is almost mandatory for such an action without respawn vehicle ( teamplay is now grant in these condictions). 2 of the squad get killed by AI and they will be revived by close mates (members now try to stick togetehr or only medic will be MAYBE able to revive them before respawn). The 5 members squad is still all alive and you spawn there to defend the flag. You spawn right behind two of them and kill them both. Now you hide, call for support and mark where enmies are for your incoming mates. You wait for the 3 left to revive but they are searching for you. 30 secs are passed and they did not revive. Is their medic still alive? Bodies are still there so porbably, yes. There is a medic. Finally you see the medic out of the circle ( he was standing in safe position to survive waiting for you to being killed). You kill the medic but the 2 wounded players do not respawn: there is one more medic left alive for sure. The two left players kill you and now you need to be revived. You call for more reinforements. They come and clean the area. Flag is safe but because players know is better to respawn and defend even if only a group of 5 is coming and only 2 are defending.

IS IT BETTER TO HAVE STALEMATE DUE THE FACT TEAMPLAY IS WORKING AGAIN OR DUE THE FACT NO ONE OF BOTH TEAMS CANNOT START ANY ACTION AT ALL BECAUSE IS WORTHLESS ???

Think about, Limdi.
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

sEi
Donator

Post#92 » Sat 15 Dec, 2018 6:22 pm

Crit Hit deactivated / 30 sec. for being revived by a soldier / 90 sec. for being revived by a medic

Sounds good!

/sEi

Mudokon
Donator

Post#93 » Sat 15 Dec, 2018 7:37 pm

Either the critical hit system is broken or my enemies are headshotting gods..
I just played a game and 90% of my deaths were one tap crit deaths by TRG... it's ridiculous
The only one who keeps me from winning is my own team

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSHqz ... subscriber