Future of EUTW and plans for 2017

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
void
EUTW Management

Future of EUTW and plans for 2017

Post#1 » Sat 31 Dec, 2016 3:49 pm

This thread is reserved for discussion and feedback of the announcement http://www.eutw.net/latest-news/2016/12 ... s-for-2017
Unix Time wrote:On 4 December 292,277,026,596 64-bit versions of the Unix time stamp would cease to work. This is not anticipated to pose a problem, as this is longer than the time it would take the Sun to expand to a red giant and swallow the Earth.

Nanoha
Community Member

Re: Future of EUTW and plans for 2017

Post#2 » Sat 31 Dec, 2016 4:04 pm

Have you considered something like Patreon? https://www.patreon.com

Radnik
Donator

Post#3 » Sat 31 Dec, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi void,

Nice to have improved bonus reward systems for repairs done by engi. This is essential as it's for medics for revives. Recently what is happening on servers was to see dropped engi or meds backpacks at base. sad.

Some ideas were coming to my mind.
Such as, what's the purpose of Repair trucks and vehicles as well as Medic and fuel trucks
Like MIP-D can be repaired only with repair truck or vehicle (eg bobcat ) and healing up to 100% can be done only with Medic truck driven by medic only. (to avoid driving medic truck along the fight and having people healing all the time medic truck should have limited healing sources )
All vehicles should have 50% of fuel reservoir etc.

Maybe above are inserting RTS elements to gameplay. ( who ever played Generals or Wargame: European Escalation know what I am talking about ). Supply trucks have limited sources etc.

in any case, I support new changes mentioned for upcoming releases

Ivan

Limdi
Donator

Post#4 » Sat 31 Dec, 2016 7:10 pm

All simple and sensible ideas there. One more idea that comes to my mind is to add somewhere "paid for x % of monthly server time", for example 25€ -> 16%, two times 25€ -> 32%, four times 25€ -> 64%, etc. or something like that to connect the money to what it brought and what value one overall(over years maybe) gave to the cause. (1)

Why? Just to see who backs the server with cash and who with something else(presence, fun, coverage, work, etc). (2)

You could also add time ingame here in forum(incase GUID is given). (3)

I dunno whether this makes any sense, just playing around with it here.

Happy new year! :cheers:

Lt.Elvis
Donator

Post#5 » Sun 01 Jan, 2017 5:39 pm

Concerning the cost for the servers. I glady donate when there is a need, but i think you should think about puting adds on your site or forum. I think every player can live with it, if it means that you guys can cover the server costs and maybe some other EUTW needs.

I get that there can be complications with a club (Verein) earning money that way, however i think there is a certain value that you can earn in oder to stay taxfree.
Hail to the King(s)
010001000110010101110011011101000111001001101111011110010010000001000001011011000110110000100000010010000111010101101101011000010110111001110011

aTWar
Special Operations Management

Post#6 » Sun 01 Jan, 2017 10:57 pm

i think it is the right move to be more vocal regarding financial situation.

I also think it is the right move to strim back to 2 servers regardless. But that is by the by.

HOWEVER: A cautionary tale that i have mentioned previously both privately and publicly; I seriously warn against mixing tanoa and altis in one server. You cannot create a demand just to fullfill your ideas for a supply.

Proof in case: https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5493

aTWar wrote:just to put the proof in above:

For context: you can clearly see the last round finishing at 20:59 Server Time which is still PEAK TIME. and you can clearly see how the server empties fully due to it moving to a tanoa layout.

T4H Arma 3 Units
REVELATION 6:8 "And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Steve0
Donator

Post#7 » Mon 02 Jan, 2017 5:00 pm

Good reminder, a Thanks/Happy New Year Donation is on its way.

Cheers for a great 2016!

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#8 » Wed 04 Jan, 2017 3:56 am

Just a quick update for everyone:

Donation Goal for Q1/2017 (500 EUR) [------o---] 66 percent reached! (http://www.eutw.net/donate)

Thank you very much for all your continued support to help keep the servers running! We have now secured financing for the first two months of 2017 already. This is awesome news!

We really appreciate all your help! Keep it up! :)

void
EUTW Management

Post#9 » Sat 07 Jan, 2017 1:59 pm

Thank you dear community, without your support EUTW would not be possible!
We will soon set up a donation progress bar so you can actually see almost in real time how much we reached or lack behind our goal!
Unix Time wrote:On 4 December 292,277,026,596 64-bit versions of the Unix time stamp would cease to work. This is not anticipated to pose a problem, as this is longer than the time it would take the Sun to expand to a red giant and swallow the Earth.

VVV
Community Member

Post#10 » Sun 08 Jan, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi EUTW team,

Thank you for your awesome work and passion all the time to keep this amazing mod alive.
Of course, besides your huge contribution in time and passion, the financial aspects have to be balanced, so costs for the infrastructure etc. have to covered by those, who use and enjoy and have fun with what you have created.

I would be willing to donate quarterly a reasonable amount, however, because I am a IT guy I am extremely causious about giving away any data of mine, including payment information to any payment company (primarily american), e.g. PayPal... (I have to admit, to step into Steam membership has already led to some nightmares).

So my question is, are there any reasonable alternatives to transmit money to your EUTW account or account of an EUTW admin from Germany, just send me any account data via private message and I will submit a transfer...

Kind regards
Veni

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#11 » Sun 08 Jan, 2017 3:28 pm

Hey Veni, we are currently looking into alternatives alongside Paypal! We will post something soon, hopefully!

We have just completed an important milestone. Q1 has been fully financed by the community now, which means we can keep the servers running until end of March! :)

Thank you guys so much for you contribution and support! :)

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#12 » Sun 08 Jan, 2017 3:30 pm

You can also now see the live donation progress on our stats page! :)

https://stats.eutw.net/index.php

VVV
Community Member

Post#13 » Sun 08 Jan, 2017 3:52 pm

Nyles wrote:Hey Veni, we are currently looking into alternatives alongside Paypal! We will post something soon, hopefully!

We have just completed an important milestone. Q1 has been fully financed by the community now, which means we can keep the servers running until end of March! :)

Hi Nyles,

looking forward to your alternative payment information, my contribution will then be invested for Q2/2017 8-)

Cheers!
Veni

void
EUTW Management

Post#14 » Mon 09 Jan, 2017 11:47 am

We might take payment in bacon strips soon too™
;)

esfumato
Donator

Post#15 » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 2:57 pm

I have re-read the EUTW 2017 annoucement. And in my opinion each of the updates listed in the text should have a separated Thread in the forums to have a quick and easy to follow discussion. Most of the Forums tend to end being full of repeated threads and short discussions and are not helpfull to get information.

So for me the most Important as the EUTW mission development are:

Planned features from EUTW.

Among these are improved bonus reward systems for repairs done by engineers, for MHQ-driving and successful attacks on enemy vehicles. Furthermore, we want to move the team and class selection inside the mission to make it easier to switch roles and balance teams. Another topic is improved spawning to give players more control where they will be deployed, rather than in the middle of that field everybody has their sights on. We also still have a lot of ideas for adjusting existing content, like excluding friendly fire from critical hits, add naval and airborne MIPs and additional sub-factions.

This should be separate in several pinned threads.

New Upcoming Reward system.
New In game Class/Role selection.
New Improved Respawn.
Adjusting Existing Content.

Each one with some Ideas of the EUTW developers to start the discussion. Maybe this kind of threads should be exclusive for donators... ?¿

VVV
Community Member

Post#16 » Wed 19 Jul, 2017 4:06 pm

Nyles wrote:Hey Veni, we are currently looking into alternatives alongside Paypal! We will post something soon, hopefully!

Hello again,

before I plan to spend all my money for next Christmas, I would like to donate some € to EUTW to support your awesome work, guys.
Any new approach to receive money from supporters, who are avoiding money control systems like Paypal?

A standard good old German "SEPA Bandueberweisung" would make it, maybe I can transfer the money inside Germany to some german EUTW admin/keyplayer, which then may forward the money to EUTW via PayPal, fine for me, if PayPal will track him, but not me ;-))

Any news? - The money is here .... ;-)

Regards
Veni

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#17 » Wed 19 Jul, 2017 4:21 pm

Jawohl, we can do that, just PM Railey or myself. Cheers! :)

Atmo
Community Member

Post#18 » Sat 22 Jul, 2017 10:40 am

Hello,

I respect your mission statement and being a long time player have yet to make a donation for which I am shamed. I will do but I must admit I never had a PayPal account and it all ended up on me being lazy. So I apologise.

On the development side would a commander option be a feature worth thinking about? ie people vote for a commander who can give attack/defend tasks to individuals which effectively doubles their income (or half the normal income if not doing a task) if you attack a certain sector while that task is active? Maybe different tasks for snipers shooting in certain areas etc... just a thought. But i'll keep quiet until I've set up my PayPal account and donated something. Thank you for all the great fun I've had so far.

Atmo

crogeek
Donator

Post#19 » Sat 22 Jul, 2017 11:10 am

Hello, I will continue to support your servers, so I am gonna continue to make donations. Just, I don't wanna to see that you're gonna go offline.
Patreon idea which somebody has suggested is actually a nice idea to be honest.
Add me on Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/crogeek/
or find me on Teamspeak: ts.eutw.net

Certified IT professional (hardware/software expert)
DJ since 2008 (uplifting trance/trance progressive/goa)
Proud EUTW veteran & EUTW supporter

M.O.R
Donator

Post#20 » Sat 22 Jul, 2017 11:20 am

Commander would be a great idea but on these servers? I think there are too many people who think they know what's best..the players have to feel the love for playing in a squad

Return to “Discussion / Suggestions / Bugs”