Share your Tips with Newcomers and old Vets!

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
Hostilian
Donator

Re: Share your Tips with Newcomers and old Vets!

Post#51 » Thu 05 Jan, 2017 4:09 pm

No worries!! Easily done! :)

#H

ErikTrak
Donator

Post#52 » Fri 06 Jan, 2017 10:24 am

Created my first tutorial video about EUTW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj6lR2HkpFA

Please feel free to share your opinion and suggestion what should be in the next part.

I plan to do a series of videos with more detailed information both for beginners and advanced players.

Helibert
Donator

Post#53 » Fri 06 Jan, 2017 1:45 pm

nice video !
Opinion: Some Slides are shown to short to fully read them. ( I know you can pause a video ;) )
Fast Travel between Airport and HQ has no time penalty ( i think it is worth mentioning)

Suggestions for next video(s) :
1) Different Classes and their Job
2) How to buy
2.1) Differences in Classes to buy stuff (sniper only has access to Sniperrifles, Medics/Eng no scopes etc.)
2.2) How to buy and use Mortar/Darter/CASdrone/Static AA/AT
2.3) How/Where to Rearm/refuel them (->Mortar not possible to rearm)
2.4) Flagshop
3) How to buy Vehicles/Boats
3.1) How/Where to rearm/refuel them

Steve0
Donator

Post#54 » Fri 06 Jan, 2017 3:04 pm

ErikTrak wrote:Created my first tutorial video about EUTW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj6lR2HkpFA

Good work, it comes across really well :)

A couple of comments:
1. At https://youtu.be/uj6lR2HkpFA?t=57s you say that automated AA defences are not in place within the outer circle.
I have def been killed by AA within the outer circle and think its normal?

2. You are auto-killed if you go inside the enemy base outer circle for longer than a couple of seconds.

3. Within the outer circle, you are only invulnerable until you fire your weapon.

ErikTrak
Donator

Post#55 » Fri 06 Jan, 2017 3:33 pm

Thanks for your comments!

Agree to slow down some slides. However now I thinking to get rid of those small texts as those are barely readable on small screen (mobiles). Another possibility is to do voice-over but doing that even on a just acceptable level is not easy. Especially with my non-native-english-knowledge. I would cause significant level of brain damage to the community.

ErikTrak
Donator

Post#56 » Sun 08 Jan, 2017 3:36 pm

Next part of the tutorial videos :

https://youtu.be/LN3VU-HonLI

It's about how to buy.

Please help by commenting, sharing on the video if you like. Hopefully it will bring a few new people to EUTW too.

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Post#57 » Mon 09 Jan, 2017 2:47 pm

Your tutorials are made good, but there are my comments:
- Intro is too long. It's boring to look at the same intro for 20 seconds each time you are watching mini-titorial. Make it shorter or place it in the end when suggesting to watch another video.
- Voice would be good for those who don't like to read.
- Subtitles cover some interface details (button "Buy" for example).

Videos from full servers would be better to show servers popularity.

Hostilian
Donator

Post#58 » Thu 23 Feb, 2017 6:48 pm

Ok, I've noticed this a lot and it's been the cause of many an attack to fail, badly.. Especially when the MHQ is some distance away from the flag..
We all know about the "Don't fire near the MHQ" rule. This is a slight addition! :)
When attacking a flag from a nearby MHQ the first time it's been brought into position, try NOT TO SHOOT AT ALL en-route to the zone.. Stay stealthy and move quickly toward the zone without drawing attention to yourself or your team-mates.
The only reasons for shooting are;
- Someone's spotted you or your teammates (you were trying not be be seen, weren't you)
- Someone is in your way (around <100m or so from you - finger in the air figure) and will spot you.
- You're near the flag (<200m or so - finger in the air figure)
- Maybe also if you have an easy armor/apc/hmg/gmg kill.

I've seen people taking pointless potshots at distant figures in the flagzone, giving the enemy warning that there's an attack taking place and the direction it's coming from (maybe they were about to fast travel elsewhere)..
All of a sudden, anyone that is in the town is now heading to face you as you plod over open fields..
Also, people are now spawning all around the town - maybe even behind you as you head toward the flag.
Basically, this situation sucks. Attacks break down before they get anywhere near the flag zone. The enemy may have even had a chance to get to the MHQ (they will certainly know roughly where it is)..

However, in perfection-land, if you miraculously get into the flagzone before they know you're attacking, they will have no idea where the attack came from. They will spend more time pointlessly searching for an MHQ that may - or may not - be nearby (they won't have a clue on direction)..
Of course, the enemy will also have less time to react - as you might have the flag down to 90 or less before they notice and start reinforcing..

When at normal pace, it takes about 2.5mins to cover 500 meters. Rule of thumb I use is that it takes about 30 secs to cover each 100m grid square (unless you run). Of course, if you're doing this under fire, it takes an awful lot longer! ;)
Obviously, it depends on the terrain.. Maybe there isn't a line of bushes, gully, ditch or forest you can travel through. Maybe you're attacking a hill etc..

Cheers, :cheers:

#H

simoV49
Donator

Post#59 » Fri 24 Feb, 2017 8:46 am

1.How do you play? What class and what weapon do you choose and why?
Mainly rifleman, because of the agility of play styles. SPAR-16/MXM/KATIBA Carbine are my main weapons, because they are excellent at mid range, I do not use a pistol.
If rifleman is not an option I play engineer and buy RPG, then spawn and repair MHQs :D
If you have a helicopter, what kind of pilot are you?
I would be offensive. I am bad at landings(cuz I suck) so I do not kill friendlies for no reason, except sometimes on gun runs, which is NOT on purpose.
If you hunt an EMHQ, what is it you focus your attention on?
Blow the mofo.
How do you attack a enemy flag?
With a team/squad. There is no point 2-3 people being killed on a flag with high enemy detail. Best way is, someone to throw some rockets on the flag zone, then ~10 people to batch-spawn on the EMHQ close to the flag and take it, then it should be defended for a while if needed.

scratch
Community Member

Post#60 » Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:56 pm

the floor is lava!

Steve0
Donator

Post#61 » Sat 01 Apr, 2017 3:32 pm

scratch wrote:...Dark magic...

Nice!

So you are basically going full pitch down and roll as the missile is within 1/3 of the inner radar circle?

I'm looking forward to having a test of this when i can get back on my pc.

Also, are you running keyboard+mouse for controls? I was trying to be think of the best way of flying where i could have full control while in multifunction camera. It almost looked like you had joystick for flying and mouse for camera control?

scratch
Community Member

Post#62 » Sat 01 Apr, 2017 7:24 pm

>>So you are basically going full pitch down and roll as the missile is within 1/3 of the inner radar circle?
Yeah, im doing spiral maneuver, when the missile visually very close to my tail

>>are you running keyboard+mouse for controls
exactly, keyboard + mouse ;)
Last edited by void on Thu 06 Apr, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no reason to fully quote the previous post
the floor is lava!

void
EUTW Management

Post#63 » Thu 06 Apr, 2017 3:31 pm

I think I get what you did with the A-10, but I did not understand the Xi'An.
Maybe a bit of explenation to the posted videos would be nice :)
Unix Time wrote:On 4 December 292,277,026,596 64-bit versions of the Unix time stamp would cease to work. This is not anticipated to pose a problem, as this is longer than the time it would take the Sun to expand to a red giant and swallow the Earth.

scratch
Community Member

Post#64 » Fri 07 Apr, 2017 11:36 am

void wrote:I think I get what you did with the A-10, but I did not understand the Xi'An.
Maybe a bit of explenation to the posted videos would be nice :)

I copied some real life defence maneuvers, if you want to reproduce it, just copy it from the video :)
Why this works with Xian - idk - just arma things , like the thermals, that works via glasses, or like the tank flares that are useless :/
the floor is lava!

Deeelite
Donator

Post#65 » Tue 11 Apr, 2017 7:15 pm

scratch wrote:.... like the thermals, that works via glasses...

Really? I noticed u cannot see through a window pane with thermals and this is correct since glass shields thermal radiations but am I missing something new? Let me know plz.
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

scratch
Community Member

Post#66 » Tue 11 Apr, 2017 8:42 pm

Deeelite wrote:Really? I noticed u cannot see through a window pane with thermals and this is correct since glass shields thermal radiations but am I missing something new? Let me know plz.

Also hangars/warehouse and other covers are not a trully obstacle for the lock-on
The true one is a grass

http://i.imgur.com/AeC4sg6.png
the floor is lava!

Deeelite
Donator

Post#67 » Tue 11 Apr, 2017 8:48 pm

I think I got the misunderstanding....someone @ Bohemia told the developers 'Glass' but they heared 'Grass'...

lol
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

adjudantloic
Community Member

Post#68 » Sat 17 Jun, 2017 2:33 pm

ErikTrak
Donator

Post#69 » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 8:08 pm

Hi comrades!

Second tutorial video is out there finally:

It took quite some time to create but now I am getting know better how to create animation better than before.

Please try to share on other forums if you find useful.

Thanks,

ErikTrak

Michael_McCloud
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#70 » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 11:21 pm

ErikTrak wrote:Hi comrades!

It took quite some time to create but now I am getting know better how to create animation better than before.

Thanks,

ErikTrak

Nice work there man.
Good job :)
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Once more into the fray.
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day.
Live and die on this day.

scratch
Community Member

Post#71 » Mon 18 Dec, 2017 12:17 pm

ErikTrak wrote:Second tutorial video is out there finally:

ErikTrak

can we have this on main eutw page?
the floor is lava!

Westerner
Donator

Post#72 » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 10:43 pm

ErikTrak wrote:Hi comrades!

Thanks,

ErikTrak

Looks great but couldn't hear much because of the background music. Drove me nuts after a minute and had to stop watching.

Any chance you can ditch it as it's very distracting?

(there really is no need for the music)

ErikTrak
Donator

Post#73 » Wed 20 Dec, 2017 4:25 pm

surely i can render a version without music. maybe will do later.

Westerner
Donator

Post#74 » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 3:32 pm

Thanks. Apart from that it looks very good :)

Deeelite
Donator

Post#75 » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 7:22 pm

here some new/old suggestion to keep this post alive.

1) muting voip players.
Not reccomended at all 'coz intel is gold even if lots of communications are heavy to handle in your brain, sometimes.

2) earplugs.
installation of 'Cyprus PushToHear' mod is mandatory to me. It's a client side mod which doesn't require additional mods
find it here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26932

3) compass
'ShackTack User Interface' https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498740884&searchtext=shack
I mainly use this mod in order to have an always visibile compass and share faster intel with my mates but it implemets more features like a radar that shows ur sourronding group members and their orientation (within a 50 mt radius).
This mod requires 'CBA_A3' mod as well to work (Community Based Addons) https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=450814997

4) microphone/chat/intel/map markers
Use a microphone, chat or markers to let your team know things you think are important to share such as an MHQ, armored vehicle, helicopter, incoming reinforecements, lone wolf enemies. In this last case, when you spot an enemy alone try to understand what is he trying to do there: maybe he's ambushing our roads or trying to shot down our Darter drone. Surely he is there for some reasons. Kill him but don't forget to mark his position on map if you think he did something, write something down by a short marker remider for your team like 'ambush ?' or 'AA camper' etc.

5) markers on flags.
Is very important not to write in the proximity of the flag circle since the first thing players need to see when they open the map is the flag percentages clearly. Lots of comments around the flag may compromise the percentage readability !!!
Also: avoid to use YELLOW color when marking which is already used for vehicles we can spawn at. If you want to use a different color from black use the current enemy faction color, possibly.

6) giving intel

expecially when you need to comminicate something absolutely URGENT: say WHERE is the problem. We are not there with you and many times we waste up to 10 sec to locate your positon. I really hate when people with Darter say ' MHQ HERE, MHQ HERE'... here WHERE ??? The mhq was passing 300 mt behind me but I miss the opportunity to destroy it since I have to look the map and check who is talking, locate him and understand where the MHQ he could be.... ridicolous indeed.

Another tipical example: 'Enemy on my body'. Ok, same problem: I'm standing 3 flags away from you but you force me to open the map and see if the problem is around me or not.... just say 'enemy on my body at Lakka' If I'm not at Lakka i won't open the map and maybe survive the incoming enemy at my flag !!!

When attack planes /choppers as well as transport choppers are flying and you know someone of us is trying to shoot them down, never mind if you don't have AA, just help him to locate it by telling the location and the direction of the object: 'kajman is over our base going north'. Our AA man will know where to scan the sky.

Be short and precise as possible when giving intel, anyway.

7) working in group or alone

Working in group is powerful of course unless your mates get critical hit. Well, according a perfect teamplay, players shoud be able to create groups from action to action hundred times per hour along the match. EUTW pvp requires a bloody high flexibility from each player. Players must develope the capability to understand where is better to go and who is better to help every minute, regardless the group you are supposed to play with, when required. I'll repeat: working in group is more effective, normally but don't forget EUTW creates lots of urgent tasks very frequently thus don't miss to spawn at a 75% flag under attack even if your group leader wants you to do somethin with him regardless the flag to be defended !
Learn to understend what is bettter to do by youself first.

8) defending a flag against all odds

The flag is going down fast by 5 and you are 5 or less about to enter the circle. No way to spawn there again.
In this case, the best you can do is to SNAKE inside trying to SURVIVE as long as possible. The temptation to kill the nmy is strong but I suggest you not to engage. You don't know where all the enemys are and how many of them are there. They probably have an MHQ around so the best you can do is to contrast until reinforcemets come or the flag capture is locked.
1 second can make the difference.

to be continued...

Deee