Share your Tips with Newcomers and old Vets!

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
void
EUTW Management

Share your Tips with Newcomers and old Vets!

Post#1 » Thu 31 Mar, 2016 12:49 pm

I want to start this thread to gather information and see what tips more experienced players have to newcomers.

Like:
  • How do you play? What class and what weapon do you choose and why?
  • If you have a helicopter, what kind of pilot are you?
  • If you hunt an EMHQ, what is it you focus your attention on?
  • How do you attack a enemy flag?

Please note that this thread should be used to share your knowledge, not complain about something - there are other threads for that.

I hope we can share more knowledge this way and the overall experience will become a lot better!
Please write the version number of the current EUTW mission to your experience as it helps to filter information a bit more.

void
Unix Time wrote:On 4 December 292,277,026,596 64-bit versions of the Unix time stamp would cease to work. This is not anticipated to pose a problem, as this is longer than the time it would take the Sun to expand to a red giant and swallow the Earth.

MarkoCRO
PVP Warfare Admin

Re: Share your Tips with Newcomers and old Vets!

Post#2 » Thu 31 Mar, 2016 3:36 pm

tip
: use black and white map textures only, that way you can follow evolving situation better and know your surroundings faster
EDIT: black-white map example http://www.pcinvasion.com/wp-content/up ... 24x576.jpg
: always place virtual waypoint on objectives, targets, markers... so you don't need to look on map so often (SHIFT+LEFT MOUSE BUTON on map - delete with DEL)
: keep runing while checking map, you don't need to stop to see it :)

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#3 » Thu 31 Mar, 2016 4:01 pm

Couple of chat box tips that many new players seems to miss:
  • You can scroll in-game chat history by opening chat and using 'page up/down' keys
  • You can resize and move your chat box area from ArmA 'Configure / Game / Layout' menu (from here also you can move or resize other boxes like GPS view too)

And few tactical tips:
  • When you drive MHQ and got it into position. Do not walk straight line to enemy area. That way possible enemy in area won't get MHQ direction at least from the first guy. Would be good also when spawning to MHQ not to go same straight line, but spread out more to confuse enemy spotting your MHQ location
  • Do not throw smoke near MHQ! Some people like to throw smoke to give cover to spawning players. Only thing that smoke will usually do is to show enemy where your MHQ is located
  • When deploying MHQ, if possible other team members can distract that enemy area same time when MHQ is getting closer to it's hiding location. For example friendly chopper flying through same area cause enemies turning their heads in the sky and chopper sound is so loud they cannot hear incoming EMHQ. Or simply 1-2 guys drive another truck(s) through area and taking enemy attention
  • When you are going to capture enemy area and you are closest person to that area, but not yet inside and you see more friendlies are coming to capture too. Then do not go inside area yet, but wait for others. Because when you go in it start dropping by 1 point / tick and enemy will see that area is under attack. But if you wait for three other guys with you before getting inside area, it will start dropping 4 points / tick and enemy must act very fast before area goes under 75 points and they cannot spawn there anymore. Many times no need to wait others to go capture, but some times this sneaky tactic is good

EUTW v2.05.00

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#4 » Thu 31 Mar, 2016 4:06 pm

If you new to the game what you need keep in minds to not rage qiut from game if u doing not so good
  • Doesn't matter how many hours u played and how u good. You cant show ur best all the time. Especially if u new palyer. Even during one round can be lot of peaks when ur show good game and bad game. You just need acceps this fact and keep play even when u doing not so good, u learning anyways.
  • Highly specialized play styles can be not good for new players. If u play style depends of some kind of assets which u can lose Tank, Attack helicopters and all the time u save money to buy these assests. So sometimes when u lose these assests fast its hurt you very much. So if u new player you can play infantry and after some time you can try make ur play style wider. You can start play with vehicles and if u lose them its still hurt you but you can accept loses easy and keep play game doing something else cuz u already learned infantry. So if u new player then better focus on infantry.

Movements is very important
  • I like flank a lot. Why? Coz most of the players play passive. And best way to beat passive players is be aggressive. Passive player have his advantages. He not moving so no weapon sway and he can spot movements better. When you going to flank enemy player then you dont have these advantages. But you have element of surprise and this is cover all enemy advantages. And enemy prolly think that u dont flank and just seat somewhere around where he spot u first time. Passive players expect from other players that they will be passive too. And here u come and kick his ass.
  • And only one way to learn movements better :D move. Try and die. And next time u will show better result. But if u camp too much, so u not learning movements. Its just dat easy. When u move to some position/cover u alredy think where i should move next. So its just process in you head that on background keep analizing without stop. Where should i move, how should i move, or maybe i should wait a bit. And u want all this as much automatic as possible, so u can concentrate on more important stuff - spotting enemies, thinking where enemy can be, thinking what enemy can do.

What class and what weapon do you choose and why?
Medic or rifleman. I dont use engeener coz i leave this class for players who love vehicles.
I prefer 6.5 and 7.62 guns.
  • 6.5 guns good cuz u can effectivly use all 3 type of shooting. Singe fire, burst and full auto. If u can do all 3 without preoblems then 6.5 good choice. And in most of the situations it will be very good weapon. So if you good not with all 3 type of shooting maybe 7.62 will be better for you.
  • 7.62 for fast clickers :D ofc autofire still can be usefull, but if u buy 7.62 gun, u better focus on single fire mode and just click fast :D
    Navid and SPMG. Best u can do with these guns is camp somewhere. Yeah KD better with these guns. But movements become poor.

If you have a helicopter, what kind of pilot are you?
I prefer jets over helos. Most important is ur speed. Higher speed gives u move chanses to avoid rockets.
If enemy team start buy lot of Titans AA so i can stop use cannon on infantry at all. And i only focus on enemy vehicles. Then its pretty much all about high alt 800-1000m and high speed about 600kmh all the time. Pussy pilot mode :D

If you hunt an EMHQ, what is it you focus your attention on?
  • First i look how many defenders we have on flag. If there just couple or even 0 then i try something fast. I can buy truck and drive to enemy mhq.
  • If our team have lot of defenders at this flag then i can go on feet. Less attention. Truck engine can make ur fail if some enemy hear you coming and enemy deside wait for you
  • Most of the enemy players going to the zapture zone from their mhq using just stright way. So they just tell to you what mhq direction is. And thats why u better dont go mhq dirrection using stright way if u alone.

How do you attack a enemy flag?
  • Imporatnt when this flag was under attack last time. If long ago then chance to meet enemy defenders very low so u with teammates can just rush in circle and take good positions inside.
  • But if enemy flag hot. Then u need somehow make u way inside circle. Maybe advance with teammates and revive each other. Or u can sneak up from some another direction. But no matter of way try do not seat outside circle too much cuz its just give initiative in enemy hands.
  • If attackets push in circle hard enough then flag points start oing down so enemies start undrstand that they need move in circle faster and they start move faster, make errors and die onw to circle. If attackers push in circle and enemies dont care and seat outside then its just easy capture.

And after time u will see strengths and weakness of ur play style.
So then u can just keep polish ur strengths. And to kill weakness/reduce effect of weakness u can ask some expirinced players for advise. Maybe u just got some bad habbits which hard to break.
I belive that experience of eutw regulars together cover pretty much every aspect in arma. So for any problem u have there always someone who have knowledge and can help you.
Last edited by Hazardous Mouse on Thu 31 Mar, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Q: How many liberals can figure out what 2+2= ? A: Zero, they just protest that it can be whatever it wants to be.

void
EUTW Management

Post#5 » Thu 31 Mar, 2016 4:09 pm

Hazardous, may I ask you to not post "wall of death" texts? It is a horror to read this.
Try to keep it short and say the essentials :)
Unix Time wrote:On 4 December 292,277,026,596 64-bit versions of the Unix time stamp would cease to work. This is not anticipated to pose a problem, as this is longer than the time it would take the Sun to expand to a red giant and swallow the Earth.

void
EUTW Management

Post#6 » Thu 31 Mar, 2016 4:11 pm

But nice tips regardless! Keep it coming guys! :)

Benjamin
EUTW Management

Post#7 » Thu 31 Mar, 2016 4:21 pm

Don't buy ARCO at first stages. The game is about defending/attacking a 120 m diameter aera, ACO is fine is this range. If ennemies are too far away, wait that they come to you, they will waste more time this way.
Use the saved money to buy assets useful for your team: UAV terminal + Darter to get intel, RPG/PCML to take down first HMG, chopper to attack a remote town by surprise...

scratch
Community Member

Post#8 » Thu 31 Mar, 2016 4:54 pm

few heli tips
how to dodge from AA
1) don't let ur speed falling under 160km/h
2) keep flying low, 50-70m is an ideal altitude for most purposes (not applicable to kajman or blackfoot)
3) always keep ur finger on "c" (use flares)
4) use flares if the rocket is closer than 1km from u (inside internal circle on the radar).
5) after releasing the flares "shake" ur heli
6) check the attacking sector on the map - this gives u the information about where can be placed enemy AA tanks, and a better ways of how to dodge from them

For example
Last edited by scratch on Thu 31 Mar, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the floor is lava!

Michael_McCloud
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#9 » Thu 31 Mar, 2016 4:56 pm

EUTW v2.05.00 (and older)

When an new Round is starting and you want to drive the MHQ to the fist Flag [A], talk with the other MHQ driver where he/she is driving the MHQ. So you are coordinated and you are not driving the MHQs to the same Flag.
Also dont park the MHQ on the first Flag [A] (when this Flag [A] is not connected to an enemy Flag [C]).
Let some guys spawn there so they can take that Flag [A].
You as MHQ driver should after they spawned drive direct to the next Flag [B] and hide it there 300-400m away from that Flag [B].
So when the Guys captured Flag [A] they can Spawn direct on Flag [B] and can attack there.

If you see an Transportchopper in the HQ (Main Base) then ask the Pilot where he wants to bring people or look in the chat log if he writed something like "Chopper @ Main will go to Factory in 1 min".
Sometimes its better to head with an Chopper to an Flag when the MHQ is Camped by the Enemy or no MHQ is available.

When you want to hunt for enemy MHQs then dont buy Satchel Charges [Cr 700] for it. 1 Explosive Charge [Cr 350] is enough for an enemy MHQ.
Also you can carry 2-3 Explosive Charges in your Vest. An Satchel Charge takes only Place in an Backpack.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Once more into the fray.
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day.
Live and die on this day.

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#10 » Thu 31 Mar, 2016 10:16 pm

1. Use fasttraveling and flagshop the the round start to get to the first flag quicker than the mhq does, especially when you have a situation where your and then enemy team compete for the second flag to caupture

2. if you have an APC/tank, you can lock targets to get the auto zeroing for a target. if the target moves, it will also compensate the movement, so stay on target
2b. with APCs (not with tanks) this works also for helis, that way you can engage helis at long range with apfsds ammo (but don't waste it for helis changing direction or altitude fast)

3. buy Darter UAVs at the flag shop, you can lock targets with them (didn't work with backpack deployed UAVs last tiem i checked)

4. of all APCs the Marshall has the biggest gun: it uses 40mm shells and can easily destory all other APCs, when you shoot first (and sometimes even when you shoot second, but that way you might also get destroyed)

5. buy one or two explosive charge(s) when the round starts, so if you run across an emhq, you can blow it up

5b. sneak in the the emhq from the oposite side of the flag, and only kill when you get spotted
5c. after setting the charge set the timer, if you get killed before they move the truck, the mhq will still go down
5d. trucks parked in high grass will usually dont get damaged from explosive or stachel charges:
so place the charge outside the grass, set the timer and drive the mhq on it, then eject fast (because you will get autokilled if you sta in to long)

Limdi
Donator

Darter play

Post#11 » Fri 01 Apr, 2016 1:03 am

Darter play with version 2.05
If you want your darter view to show max viewrange(lets say 2km), put your graphics settings on ultra(Texture, Objects, Terrain, Overall, Object). Else its just luck whether you see the freakin emhq and enemies, cause they just came into your veeery loooow viewdistance.
I once told sb he lied as he said emhq is there, while I did just not have the viewdistance to see it. :oops:

Have your darter always be 500m+ away from the enemy. That means with first sending darter nearer with auto-pilot at 50m height 1km distance to possible enemy positions is minimum to not get it shot down for me.
Then make a waypoint nearer and put it on 500m. Having waypoint maybe 400m from circle makes good view width so not necessary to move your camera 180°, but just a little to see full most likely approach vector.

Zoom in and out with darter-camera and use thermal most of the time, else darter is useless :D

When darter is in good position I set waypoint on circle and immediately disable auto-pilot. Now on darter-camera I instantly see the circle the darter is having watch over and camera is not randomly pointing at incoming helis(nevermind about that).
Ofc once you disconnect darter goes on suicide-mission to waypoint and sleeps 50m above circle uncontrollable, but who cares, you disconnected! :biggrin:

Hope others dont connect to your darter. If that happens its possible your darter goes into suicide-mode and goes to 50m to waypoint and becomes uncontrollable. Some admin said there will be a darter-locking-feature at some point but who knows, you have to live with it for now.

Having darters at several circles I call a Skynet :D
Makes it easier to clear circles, to find emhqs, to find tanks, to find something to shoot at(similarity to wallhack confirmed by independent sources) :armed: :rocker:

All that wont help you though, incase you are the only one hunting emhqs, ehelicopters, eapcs, etanks.
Btw: Spamming in chat YOUR RIGHT SIDE ENEMY DUDE mostly doesnt help no matter how frustrated you are, and spamming it is called spam :lol:

And dont forget making usefull marks like emhq 1330(type and time) if you want help killing those things (doesnt mean you'll get some btw) :lookaround:

edit just tested: ctrl+t for following target works for backpack-darters too :bouncy:
I think I just got addicte to this :roll: - darters dont loose target incase I switch darter, double tracking 2go :bouncy:

Tracking doesnt stop at view-distance, so once I see a bf, I can always know his location due to tracking :bump:
Will probably need two darters, one for regular and one for tracking at each circle now :banghead:
Last edited by Limdi on Mon 04 Apr, 2016 7:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Limdi
Donator

Post#12 » Fri 01 Apr, 2016 1:09 am

Mhq movement
Incase you just took a flag and this flag is under heavy attack(emhq nearby, many enemies in circle) please dont move ANY mhq WHATSOEVER to an enemy flag, cause then everyone needed for defense will spawn there and your hardly-won flag will be lost in minutes(rage quit inc). Of course it can work out fine, but I saw it go badly too often :mecry:

If you hunt an EMHQ, what is it you focus your attention on
Get visual on emhq, get a truck at a safe location(4ei in circle is not safe, better go for one flag back) and drive there in a way inwhich I only get spotted very difficult from incoming eis or eis at flag.

example I may be at a flag and emhq just arrived, get that truck and drive opposite side at first.
Then after maybe 300-400m drive 90° and hold distance to emhq, but make a circle around it.
When I am at its back, I close distance and then it depends on situation.

Sometimes straight driving besides it by shutting engine down before(stealth) and timing it so I stop besides emhq or mostly ram it a little. Then I get out between trucks, sometimes inside emhq, plant a bomb and there it goes.

The circling part is mostly more like a circle with decreasing radius incase its not necessary to go all around due to terrain(slingshotlike).

Driving besides it is sometimes not good idea(unknown emhq location, emhq in bush need be driven out). So sometimes stop some 100 meters away, but thats judgement call.

On closing in on emhq with shutdown engine, if you are too fast drive truck left and right so it slows down, but not too much so you dont need this engine anymore(and if you would need it and you did not get spotted yet and just some 20m out, walking might be safer).

Kicking out emhq out of bushes with very fast truck is possible, but I get spotted often, so it has to go down fast and needs luck. Probably the whole thing needs luck, who spawns, bad luck spawns and that. Suicide-emhq is probably most practical tactic most of the time, cause it gives me cover while planting and booming.
Last edited by Limdi on Thu 22 Dec, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.

major_Barnes1987
Community Member

Post#13 » Sun 03 Apr, 2016 8:46 pm

1) How do you play? What class and what weapon do you choose and why?
I try to play with any possible way,to get the best out of the game and be creative.But i tend to use stealth more often than anything.It's in my nature,i do it all stealthy,i even go to bathroom with stealth. =D
For the new players: Being stealthy will keep you alive longer in ArmA.Moving slowly and run only when no one sees you.Hold your fire until you have a clear shot and a possible second cover-place to go after the kill.Cause once you fire,you compromise your position.
The class that suits me better i believe is not the sniper,it's a nonexistent class in ArmA called scout maybe.You know the spec ops guy,he who goes inside enemy territory and sabotage the enemy in any way,or inform his teammates.The closest class to this is the sniper class but i want to make my changes so i choose rifleman.Apart from this i like to play in all classes.

2) If you have a helicopter, what kind of pilot are you?
I can get an unarmed helicopter from point A to point B,but only if there's no other pilot to fly it.I'm no good with attack helis,need alot of practice.I like attack helis but i don't fly them in multiplayer because i'm a conscious person!I hope i'll be a better pilot one day....soon.So i don't have any advice to give you here.

3) If you hunt an EMHQ, what is it you focus your attention on?
First of all i try to predict the enemy's move.Of course with all the non-serious players driving the mhq in all kinds of unbelievable locations,it's not easy to do that.Second you need to pay attention to sounds,if you are close enough you can hear the truck engine,could be a normal truck but it's worth a look anyway.Third,pay attention to the sidechat.Someone who sees an emhq the first thing he doeas is post on sidechat.Fourth check the map at all times,you can see markers of exact or possible emhq locations.And when you go for the hunt make sure you have a c4 with you.

4) How do you attack a enemy flag?
I already mentioned that i don't like the way players spawn around the flag,so i try not to spawn in flags if it's not absolutely nessesary or if the flag is not under attack.
Now for the attack.If i don't have enough money for MIP/MRAP i use stealth to get in flag and i stay hidden for as long as possible until they find me and i start killing ppl.If i have money i use MRAP/HMG/GMG to clear the spawn area and help teammates move inside.So my advice: use MIPs to get close enough for friendlies to spawn in it and clear the area.Or use an MRAP with 4 ppl inside (4 for hunter and strider and 5 for ifrit).That's the mistake most players do,we buy an MRAP HMG/GMG/Unarmed and we go alone to the flag.It will be much better if you bring 3 more players with you.And yet we still don't do that. :/

Lukas
Donator

Post#14 » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 2:26 am

Okay, keeping it short: I encourage more people to play MG :) Especially the Mk200 available for AAF forces is awesome and affordable.
Last edited by Lukas on Wed 06 Apr, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

void
EUTW Management

Post#15 » Mon 04 Apr, 2016 7:05 am

AAF only has the MK200 6.5mm - but it is like playing with a chainsaw ;)

Lukas
Donator

Post#16 » Wed 06 Apr, 2016 2:37 pm

void wrote:AAF only has the MK200 6.5mm - but it is like playing with a chainsaw ;)

Ups, sorry yes. I mean the Mk200 6.5mm. :roll:

But yeah, the Mk200 is an affordable MG and great against Infantry. If you hide in a good spot, you can easily defend a point on you own against inexperienced players.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#17 » Wed 06 Apr, 2016 3:04 pm

Lukas wrote:
void wrote:AAF only has the MK200 6.5mm - but it is like playing with a chainsaw ;)

Ups, sorry yes. I mean the Mk200 6.5mm. :roll:

But yeah, the Mk200 is an affordable MG and great against Infantry. If you hide in a good spot, you can easily defend a point on you own against inexperienced players.

Pro tip:
Mk200 is the most effective if you are yelling "SUPPRESSING" while shooting. :biggrin:
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#18 » Wed 06 Apr, 2016 3:41 pm

My take on this:

Wait for the best opportunity to engage hostiles.
Do not start engaging as soon as you have the hostiles in your sight. Seek cover, also wait until the hostiles aren't near cover (if possible), so they cannot use it as soon as you start shooting.

Also, look around, scan for other hostiles as well. It is possible that there are more and as soon as you start shooting, they pinpoint your location and flank you from a direction you are not watching.

MHQ positioning
Do not choose too obvious positions. (needs some layout experience though)
Position the MHQ ideally 300-400 meters away from the objective. If you have a safer location eg.: 100 meters further, go for it.
Think about the route players need to take from MHQ to the Objective. If it's too open without any covers, seek for another position if possible.
Trees can be a good cover for the MHQ (both visual and physical) against Air units.
Consult with your team if you are moving the MHQ about possible locations and the actual need of moving the MHQ.
Use MHQ for defense: A well placed MHQ near a defendable objective can save the objective from falling into hostile hands after the your team cannot spawn on it. Also, it can give an additional position to defend the objective from.

Attacking objectives
Only 4 players count, so you don't necessarily need to be inside the capture zone if you have at least 4 teammates inside. Take a good position outside the circle, report and engage incoming hostile forces.
If you team is about to capture an objective which will open new objectives to capture, feel free to preoccupy those new objectives. Obviously if the capturing of the previous objective fails, fall back immediately.
Attack those objectives which will block more connections for the hostile team.
Use smoke on your way to the objective if you encounter hostile fire.

Reviving
Do not start reviving unless you are 100% sure there are no hostiles near.
If a teammate is reviving a player,try to cover him.

Hunting enemy MHQ
Always mark enemy MHQ position as soon as you discover it (preferably with timestamp)
Your primary goal should be to destroy the MHQ, so do not engage hostiles around if it's not necessary.
If you cannot destroy the MHQ, make sure you immobilize it (shoot out the tires), so the hostile team cannot change its position unless they repair it.
If you get into the enemy MHQ, you will get killed in a few seconds.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#19 » Wed 06 Apr, 2016 3:48 pm

Additional:

MHQ is not everything. You still have transport vehicles (especially helicopters) at your disposal. Surprise the enemy team with a badass helicopter insertion!

Lt.Elvis
Donator

Post#20 » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 2:56 pm

For Helicopter Passengers:

- When sitting on a bench of a heli, do NOT fire, use flashlight or your laser. Transport helis do not need extra attention from the enemy.

- When exiting a transport heli. Do NOT chat with the pilot once you landed. If you want to speak to your pilot, tell them when you enter the heli or during the flight. Do not sit in a landed heli, in the AO and start a discussion with the pilot.

- When a heli is at an LZ, get out fast and run for cover. If you started a discussion when landed or simply didn't pay attention when the aircraft touched ground, you are risking your life, the pilots life, your mates lifes and his heli. The longer you sit in a landed heli, the higher the chance for someone to kill us, destroy the Heli and watch as its explosion takes out every one around it.

- Flank into the AO from the LZ. Do not go straight into the AO! Enemies will notice landing helis and try to get close to the LZ for some easy kills. So try to outflank the incoming enemies.

- Stay together with the players you get dropped with. Heli drops usually don't have MHQ support so the guys in the heli are everyone you got. Work together.

- Therefore, even when you die at the LZ and 5 of 6 of the soldiers along side you, stay down and wait for the last one to die. As mentioned before, heli drops usually do not have MHQ support. Just give the last guy a chance to hide or take out the enemy or for the enemy to move so he can revive you. Just wait to be the revived if someone is around.

- Keep in mind that heli rides take between 1-3 min. So instead of waiting 10min for the MHQ to get to the AO get into the heli and flank the AO to draw the enemies attention away from the incoming MHQ. This is just an example, many times I would be at base asking for defenders, while 5 guys standing around the flag waiting for the MHQ to make it there in 10min. Or asking for attackers to get into my heli, so we can split the enemy forces, create pressure and people fast travel to the nearest point and WALK there... Please don't to that. Just get into helis if someone provides the transport for it, if they can get you to the AO faster or if they are the only way to the AO.

General Gameplay

- Do not attack ONE AO. We're not paying in teams of 30 to have everybody charge or defend one point. A few players should always attack points together. That relieves the front, keeps the enemy busy and maybe opens up defensive gaps in other AOs.

- Spot enemy vehicles and try to mark them on the map with a timestamp. Example: Tank 10:25. So your fellow soldiers are aware of it and have a better understanding of how big the threat is.

- When spotting enemy Air vehicles, report their location, speed and height in chat. It doesn't have to be accurate, for example: "Jet at Kyra Nara, low and slow", "Kajman at Kavala, above 400m, fast". This information helps friendly pilots a lot to judge how to approach the enemy aircraft sneaky or dominantly. Surprise is a key element in dogfighting, that can end fights in seconds, so giving the pilots these information can matter enormously. In addition it also helps to know where the enemy planes/helis are going. Example "Jet N Kyra Nara, slow and low going S." Thank you!

And for pilots:

- All Titan rockets when flying towards a locked target will change direction depending on the targets direction and speed. So If you lock and shoot at a fast moving car, going on a perpendicular line to your vision, your rocket will shoot off in a ~45° angle towards where the target is going. If that targets slows down, while the rocket is on its way, the rocket will adjust its path. Same goes for vertical movements. So If i fly at 10m and a ground unit shoots an AA rocket at me, i make a drop to 3m in order for the rocket to adjust, move down as well and hit the ground. It might not hit the ground, but the closer the missile gets to me, the closer it will get to the ground, so trees, houses, rocks, hills, whatever becomes an obstacle for the missile as well.

- As I tried to explain above, titan rockets will fly to a point where the target will be, not follow the target directly. Also AA Titan rockets will not always fly after the flares. So if you use flares and keep on going on the same flight path, the rocket might have stopped tracking you, but still travel on collision course. So always make several sharp flight path adjustments while trying to not loose speed.

For Infantry:

- Always Defend. Please.

GiPPO wrote:Additional:

MHQ is not everything. You still have transport vehicles (especially helicopters) at your disposal. Surprise the enemy team with a badass helicopter insertion!

- So get into my Heli already! ;)

Word of Warning: I am like John Snow, i know nothing, these are just my two cents. Maybe they help you, maybe not.

GL, HF ;)
Last edited by Lt.Elvis on Thu 14 Apr, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hail to the King(s)
010001000110010101110011011101000111001001101111011110010010000001000001011011000110110000100000010010000111010101101101011000010110111001110011

scratch
Community Member

Post#21 » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 3:26 pm

ElviS wrote:

And for pilots:

- The reason i fly low. All Titan rockets when flying towards a locked target will change direction depending on the targets direction and speed. So If you lock and shoot at a fast moving car going on a perpendicular line to your vision, your rocket will shoot off in a ~45° angle towards where the target is going. If that targets slows down, while the rocket is on its way, the rocket will adjust. Same goes for vertical movements. So If i fly at 6m and a ground unit shoots an AA rocket at me, i make a drop to 1-2m in order for the rocket to adjust, move down as well and hit the ground. It might not hit the ground, but the closer the missile gets to me, the closer it will get to the ground, so trees, houses, rocks, hills, whatever becomes an obstical for the missile as well. So i usually try to repeat two "drops" before i "snake" away.

Additional bonus if u flying really low - for the enemies u shown on the radar as a vehicle and not as a heli
Additional drawbacks - it's much easier to hit you from the armed vehicles
the floor is lava!

Lt.Elvis
Donator

Post#22 » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 4:53 pm

scratch wrote:Additional bonus if u flying really low - for the enemies u shown on the radar as a vehicle and not as a heli

Yes, agreed.

scratch wrote:Additional drawbacks - it's much easier to hit you from the armed vehicles

I might correct that anything on your flight path can hit you easy, low and hight. If you fly towards any armed vehicle you're pretty much dead doesnt matter if 3m or 300m. However, if you fly low and fast you give the enemy the least time for reaction and get outside their vision before they can aim at you. Of course the closer you are to the target, the more likely it is you get hit. That is why you plan your flight routes and train situational awareness, but that is practice and experience.
Last edited by Lt.Elvis on Thu 14 Apr, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hail to the King(s)
010001000110010101110011011101000111001001101111011110010010000001000001011011000110110000100000010010000111010101101101011000010110111001110011

scratch
Community Member

Post#23 » Sat 09 Apr, 2016 9:41 pm

ElviS wrote:I might correct that anything on your flight path can hit you easy, low and hight. If you fly towards any vehicle you're pretty much dead doesnt matter if 3m or 300m. However, if you fly low and fast you give the enemy the least time for reaction and get outside their vision before they can aim at you. Of course the closer you are to the target, the more likely it is you get hit. That is why you plan your flight routes and train situational awareness, but that is experiance.

The best way to fly is to fly on your own style ;)
the floor is lava!

Lt.Elvis
Donator

Post#24 » Mon 11 Apr, 2016 8:44 pm

Did not say it was the best way, just clarifying for beginners. Just one of many approaches. Also i tried to explain (to beginners) how rockets track vehicles and how one might shake them. ;)

Should have wrote "I might add", not "correct". ;)
Hail to the King(s)

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#25 » Wed 20 Apr, 2016 2:56 pm

MHQ management is very important.
There is no lists what spots bad, what spots good. Sometimes bad spot can lead to good result. And good spot sometimes can be just useless.

Far spots bad, and i saw many ppl who talk something like this. "Why far spots bad? Its safe spot. Or you want dead mhq? You lazy to walk/run couple more meters or what?"
This is not about how ppl lazy :D
Its about of tendency of lot of players to camp between MHQ and enemy circle. Larger distance from circle to MHQ = more spots to camp. Lot of campers who dont trying to get in enemy circle lead to not enough pressure. Not enough pressure and your team risk to lose initiative.
Initiative is one of the most important things in game. So if your team lose it coz so many ppl dont trying fight for circles then you deserve lose :D So stupid reason to lose so important advantage ^^

Close spots bad coz high risk to lose mhq.

And most stupid mhq spots 150m from flag. Defenders spawn 150m from flag. So its just garbage position, even mhq in circle more easy to defend than MHQ 150m.

So mhq placed in good position. Then attackers trying to capture flag. And MHQ position quality is dinamic value. If defenders get used to kill attackers who come from this mhq direction then MHQ position become bad.
Good move will be rehide mhq to another direction or even rehide mhq to another flag. Ofc there is no guarantee that new mhq position will lead to better results. But better try something else than just waste time trying break very good enemy defence.

Different flags have different value.
Key flags - flags which can lock couple/few friendly falgs. When u own key flags then you team needs to defend just one/two flags and you have oportunity to attack 2-5 enemy flags. Its a big advantage. So defending key flags is very critical.

Distance to enemy base. Flags that close to enemy base. If u captured flag that close to enemy base then this flag will be under attack very often. This is pro and con and the same time. And all situation down to how good ur team can use these pros and cons.

Cons is obviously distance and high enemy attention to this flag.
Hard to hold this flag, enemies constantly will try to retake it.

Pros is high enemy attention to this flag :D So some enemy flags can be defended not good enough or others friendly flags will be under attack less time coz enemy team focused on flag that close to their base.
But pros only working when ur team can hold this flag and when enemy team really focused on this flag.
If your team capture this flag and then lose it very fast. Then its just crap :D

Peacefull flags :D Flags with rare action. Sometimes enemies forgot to defend these flags :D

Good MHQ managment win rounds.
Q: How many liberals can figure out what 2+2= ? A: Zero, they just protest that it can be whatever it wants to be.