For Helicopter Passengers:
- When sitting on a bench of a heli, do NOT fire, use flashlight or your laser
. Transport helis do not need extra attention from the enemy.
- When exiting a transport heli. Do NOT chat with the pilot once you landed.
If you want to speak to your pilot, tell them when you enter the heli or during the flight. Do not sit in a landed heli, in the AO and start a discussion with the pilot.
- When a heli is at an LZ, get out fast and run for cover
. If you started a discussion when landed or simply didn't pay attention when the aircraft touched ground, you are risking your life, the pilots life, your mates lifes and his heli. The longer you sit in a landed heli, the higher the chance for someone to kill us, destroy the Heli and watch as its explosion takes out every one around it.
- Flank into the AO from the LZ. Do not go straight into the AO!
Enemies will notice landing helis and try to get close to the LZ for some easy kills. So try to outflank the incoming enemies.
- Stay together with the players you get dropped with
. Heli drops usually don't have MHQ support so the guys in the heli are everyone you got. Work together.
- Therefore, even when you die at the LZ and 5 of 6 of the soldiers along side you, stay down and wait for the last one to die. As mentioned before, heli drops usually do not have MHQ support. Just give the last guy a chance to hide or take out the enemy or for the enemy to move so he can revive you. Just wait to be the revived if someone is around
- Keep in mind that heli rides take between 1-3 min. So instead of waiting 10min for the MHQ to get to the AO get into the heli and flank the AO to draw the enemies attention away from the incoming MHQ. This is just an example, many times I would be at base asking for defenders, while 5 guys standing around the flag waiting for the MHQ to make it there in 10min. Or asking for attackers to get into my heli, so we can split the enemy forces, create pressure and people fast travel to the nearest point and WALK there... Please don't to that. Just get into helis if someone provides the transport for it, if they can get you to the AO faster or if they are the only way to the AO
. General Gameplay
- Do not attack ONE AO
. We're not paying in teams of 30 to have everybody charge or defend one point. A few players should always attack points together. That relieves the front, keeps the enemy busy and maybe opens up defensive gaps in other AOs.
- Spot enemy vehicles and try to mark them on the map with a timestamp
. Example: Tank 10:25. So your fellow soldiers are aware of it and have a better understanding of how big the threat is.
- When spotting enemy Air vehicles, report their location, speed and height in chat
. It doesn't have to be accurate, for example: "Jet at Kyra Nara, low and slow", "Kajman at Kavala, above 400m, fast". This information helps friendly pilots a lot to judge how to approach the enemy aircraft sneaky or dominantly. Surprise is a key element in dogfighting, that can end fights in seconds, so giving the pilots these information can matter enormously. In addition it also helps to know where the enemy planes/helis are going
. Example "Jet N Kyra Nara, slow and low going S." Thank you!And for pilots:
- All Titan rockets when flying towards a locked target will change direction depending on the targets direction and speed. So If you lock and shoot at a fast moving car, going on a perpendicular line to your vision, your rocket will shoot off in a ~45° angle towards where the target is going. If that targets slows down, while the rocket is on its way, the rocket will adjust its path. Same goes for vertical movements. So If i fly at 10m and a ground unit shoots an AA rocket at me, i make a drop to 3m in order for the rocket to adjust, move down as well and hit the ground. It might not hit the ground, but the closer the missile gets to me, the closer it will get to the ground, so trees, houses, rocks, hills, whatever becomes an obstacle for the missile as well.
- As I tried to explain above, titan rockets will fly to a point where the target will be, not follow the target directly. Also AA Titan rockets will not always fly after the flares. So if you use flares and keep on going on the same flight path, the rocket might have stopped tracking you, but still travel on collision course
. So always make several sharp flight path adjustments while trying to not loose speed. For Infantry:
MHQ is not everything. You still have transport vehicles (especially helicopters) at your disposal. Surprise the enemy team with a badass helicopter insertion!
- So get into my Heli already! Word of Warning: I am like John Snow, i know nothing, these are just my two cents. Maybe they help you, maybe not.