v2.09.03 - Discussion & Feedback

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
GiPPO
EUTW Management

v2.09.03 - Discussion & Feedback

Post#1 » Fri 22 May, 2020 2:31 pm

Hello there,

Website post with some additional information on the main gameplay changes: PVP WARFARE 2.09.00 Update

Long time since the last update, but here we are.
Please share your feedback and bug reports below.

Please when you are reporting a bug, try to do it according to the How to report a bug guide.

Known issues - will update it regularly:
  • In gearshop Nato US autorifleman has a 30rnd tracer mag instead of 100rnd
  • Green ACO missing for some classes / factions
  • Sometimes medics heal instantly to 100%, along with a script error.
  • CSAT China Pacific faction is missing the ammo for Type 115
  • For some classes ACO sights are still missing
  • UAV backpack cannot be purchased (no space in inventory error)
  • AT/AA lock on is not working
  • NATO UK pacific faction - all classes can purchase mk200

NOTE: We expect the stats.eutw.net page will not work fully due to the changed classes. We aim to roll out an update to accommodate the changes made in the mission. We ask for your patience.

2.09.03 changelog
Hidden Text
Bugs / Issues
  • Fixed: AT/AA target locking was not working
  • Fixed: NATO UK pacific faction - all classes could purchase MK200

2.09.02 changelog
Hidden Text
Gearshop
  • Rocket / Missile launcher ammo is now available for every class
  • Increased Medikit price from 1000 Cr to 3000 Cr
Bugs / Issues
  • Fixed: UAV backpack could not be purchased from the gearshop
  • Fixed: Green ACO sight were not available for every non-sniper class
  • Disabled all AI functionality on players in order to stop auto-reporting
  • An attempt to fix the issue of disappearing base actions

2.09.01 changelog
Hidden Text
Features
  • Gearshop now doesn't list categories which are empty.
Gearshop
  • Moved UAV backpack into specialization category and moved the static equipment backpacks to the new Static Equipment category
  • Added description texts for Mortar and Static titans
  • Reduced Rangefinder price from 4750 cr to 2000 cr
  • Reduced the Lite layout tax on AT ammo and launchers from 100% to 50 %
  • Added 50% Lite layout tax for static launchers
  • Reduced MX SW price from 5200 to 4300 Cr
  • Reduced LIM-85 price from 8200 to 4900 Cr
Vehicleshop
  • Increased Lite layout tax of light armored vehicles from 100% to 200%
Bugs / Issues
  • Fixed: In gearshop, Nato US autorifleman has a 30rnd tracer magazines instead of 100rnd
  • Fixed: Green ACO sights were missing for NATO US factions
  • Fixed: CSAT China Pacific faction is missing the ammo for Type 115
  • Fixed: Sometimes medics healed instantly to 100%
  • Fixed: Healing with first aid kit by default behavior leaves some hitpoints over 25% which leaves the healing with FAK action active on other players.

2.09.00 changelog
Hidden Text
Features
  • Total overhaul of the class system
    • The new class system has been shifted completely towards defining the gear choices rather than specialization role
    • The new classes are: Rifleman Light; Autorifleman; Rifleman AT and Sniper
    • Former roles like Medic and Engineer can be chosen via purchasing the corresponding specialization item in the gearshop
    • Under the new specialization tab; players can chose from Medikit; Toolkit which grants them the abilities of a Medic or / and an Engineer
    • GPS; UAV Terminal and Mine detector have been also moved to this specialization category
  • Added item restriction to magazines. Now players can pick up only the magazines which are available for their class in the gearshop.
  • Player markers now show the players' specialization rather than the class
  • Added group color to the map legend.
  • Extra fuel consumption on air vehicles based on altitude
    • The additional fuel consumption is calculated via a TimeToFly variable and spans up from the minimum altitude up to the max altitude where the full consumption is added
    • For fixed wing and VTOL vehicles; the extra fuel consumption starts at 250m and maximizes at 1500m altitude above terrain level; where 5 minutes of fly time is expected with a full tank
    • For rotary wing vehicles; the extra fuel consumption starts at 50m and maximizes at 500m altitude above terrain level; where 5 minutes of fly time is expected with a full tank
    • This change means we are lifting the ""no engagement above 1000m altitude"" rule
  • Added some additional descriptions and hints to existing and new features to help the players.
  • Incremental healing
    • Players with Medikit now initially heal up to 75%; then with approximately 10 % increments in case of other players and with 5% increments in case of self healing (there is a rounding at the last healing cycle; so it may vary depending on the healed unit's health)
    • The healing bonus (with Medikit only) is reduced from 150 cr to 50 cr. The players get the bonus after every healing; a player can be healed up in maximum 3 cycles; which is 150 cr.
    • Players without Medikit can heal up to 75% maximum with First Aid Kit (instantly) - as before
Vehicleshop
  • Reduced cost of armed helicopters by 2000Cr each
  • Reduced cost of planes by 5000Cr each
  • Reduced cost of quad drones to 5000Cr
Gearshop
  • Reduced cost of Katiba magazines

Bugs / Issues

• Fixed: players couldn't access gearshop while being in a vehicle at HQ
  • Fixed the side change late joiner bonus exploit by keeping track of already paid bonus per side.
    • Now players will not get back the late joiner money multiple times if they change to the other team and back. Although; there is a ""decay"" time; which actually allows for the bonus to be paid again; this is 4x of the time of the original late joiner bonus; so currently it is 360 minutes to get the full 12000 Cr again on each side.
  • Fixed: On wider screens; the vehicleshop GUI button texts were too large.
  • Fixed: nametags were not working
  • Fixed: The Fengshuang UAV didn't have flares.

Classes on wiki
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Re: v2.09.00 - Discussion & Feedback

Post#2 » Fri 22 May, 2020 4:38 pm

Feedback from Discord:
-Helis are too much restricted by Fuel Script
-ACO Scopes are missing for Rifle man light
My Steam Profile

• Worth: WAAYYY TOO MUCH
  • Games owned: 323
  • Games played: 205 (63%)
  • Hours on record: 7,946.8h

sEi
Donator

Post#3 » Fri 22 May, 2020 6:43 pm

(as heliwhore) I disagree about Fuel. Played one match with mostly med/high flight and fuel was not an important issue. I like it so far.

/sEI

edit: was attack heli surveying and attacking. No problemos gazolero.

edit2: Ok, I have not tested Blackfoot!
Last edited by sEi on Sat 23 May, 2020 12:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Braindead
Donator

Post#4 » Fri 22 May, 2020 6:48 pm

Some feedback on ballancing issues Ive noticed so far (some new some old).

- MRAPs are still far far too cheap. It costs less to buy one than to destroy one, that alone should be an obvious red flag.
Right now max 5 people on the team can counter them without buying a vehicle to do so, two of which probably are running AA, so only 3 people to counter 30 people who can theoretically buy an HMG mrap for 2400cr each.
And these 3 have to pay 2500 or even 5000 to destroy a single vehicle, more if they miss. Vehicles that have thermals and an effective range of over 1km and can 1 shot infantry.

- Same with APCs in lite. 8k for a panther, 5k for a HEAT rocket when it usually takes 2, sometimes even 3 hits to take down a panther with heat? Everyone on the team can buy panthers but only 5 can but rockets so that math just doesnt check out..
Lite should be about infantry but the entire economy of lite seems to pressure people into buying and using vehicles. Similar but less extreme in normal.

- Indie (AAF) auto riflemen needs love. Is it possible to give them the 150 round 556 drums? By default they dont fit but that should be adjustable no? Right now I dont feel like the auto rifleman on aaf has anything making it worth playing over the other classes. the Lim just isnt very good, the bohemia default for aaf is at least the mk200 which is much better.

- CAS/cannon helis in lite have gotten quite a bit cheaper. Considering it was borderline OP before thats probably not good. In lite the higher fuel consumption at higher altitude barely affects them since the main reason to fly high, AA missiles, isnt an issue.

ThreeDots
Community Member

Post#5 » Fri 22 May, 2020 10:50 pm

Few notices around new medic system:
- sometimes it happens that it says I have 100% health, but it takes like 3-4 more heals to fully heal
- that combined with healing up by only 5% was really painful sometimes, can that be 10% like with the others?
- also sometimes it happened to me, that it was 90% and then jumped to full health (but I think it was mentioned something about rounding numbers)
- I don't think snipers should have the option to be a medic
- Could medic revive player on initial 75% instead of 60%?
- sometimes I was not able to heal injuries that came from crashing a vehicle

Generally I like the idea of new medic system, I just think it needs few tweaks.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#6 » Fri 22 May, 2020 11:26 pm

ThreeDots wrote:Few notices around new medic system:
- that combined with healing up by only 5% was really painful sometimes, can that be 10% like with the others?

That was before, so we could do that. We thought of maybe 3 Times beeing to fast.

- sometimes I was not able to heal injuries that came from crashing a vehicle

Thats sometimes an Arma problem.

- I don't think snipers should have the option to be a medic

A sniper having the medkit effectivly is using up either his legstrap or his vest and by that restricting him self on ammo
Having 2 Kits he can carry 4 6.5mm mags at all.
My Steam Profile

ThreeDots
Community Member

Post#7 » Fri 22 May, 2020 11:47 pm

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:A sniper having the medkit effectivly is using up either his legstrap or his vest and by that restricting him self on ammo

Didn't think about it that way, but you are right.

TheMasterofBlubb wrote:That was before, so we could do that. We thought of maybe 3 Times beeing to fast.

I think it's quite alright... if you want to heal from low health to 100% it's gonna take you at least 20s, which means you can't really abuse it in the middle of the fight.

TheMasterofBlubb
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#8 » Sat 23 May, 2020 12:09 am

ThreeDots wrote:
TheMasterofBlubb wrote:A sniper having the medkit effectivly is using up either his legstrap or his vest and by that restricting him self on ammo

Didn't think about it that way, but you are right.

Actually the Chestrig (the biggest vest for Sniper) and legstrap (only "backpack" for snipers) can hold 1 kit each and are full by that so you only have the vest for ammo and other stuff
My Steam Profile

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#9 » Sat 23 May, 2020 12:19 am

Just little play on this, but my concren is that vehicles will have more and more role. Before 25 guys on team could have launchers and now only 5. Before only 5 guys could repair vehicles, now everyone can repair vehicles. Before team mates could buy you rockets, now possibly no one if all AT guys are short on money. Before guys leaving the game could buy launchers and rocket to container. Now they very likely just buy vehicles, because cannot buy rockets or launchers.

AT guys have so limitted gun selections that is it not so good on that.

We have to remember that most of time servers are not full. Before you could adapt different situations changing your gear. Now you are more stuck with your gear selections and with less players on server, could be less fun to play when limitted too much.

Still 5 sniper slots. Maybe 2 or 3 would have been just enough. And it seems like sniper was boosted most of all classes.

Needs more playing to get more into this. Just initial thoughs about this.

Pvt.Dick
Community Member

Post#10 » Sat 23 May, 2020 11:29 am

braindead +1
elvis +1

Pvt.Dick
Community Member

Post#11 » Sat 23 May, 2020 11:31 am

i has not fly but fuel sound fair not fly over mountain is natural
but dont know detail of fuel in game as i did not fly it

|DJ| JOHN
Donator

Post#12 » Sat 23 May, 2020 1:15 pm

I LOVE the new setup!!!

ThemasterofBlubb +1 on all his points.
Sei +1
Elvis -1
Braindead -1

===================================================================

TEAMWORK

The No1 reason I play this game is “TEAMWORK” !!! When teamwork is encouraged you make it more beautiful for me and vise versa.

VEHICLES

When MIPs are involved more, then teamwork is encouraged. We spawn together, we fight together, we die together. That is beautiful for me.

That is why I have to disagree with Elvis and Braindead. EUTW Arma 3 has been for the past 2 years, a slow engine COD look alike as I have mentioned in other threads. Arma, as its name suggests, should be about armoured vehicles, tanks, helis, the lot. Therefore the current changes, which bring back the Arma prior to 2017, are welcomed for me.

PARADROP HELIS

For now this is my only criticism. My Hurons have already been very vulnerable from cheap enemy AA rockets. My only hope was to be high (700metres +). With the current fuel settings, I can hardly be over 300m high, and make one return trip, transporting my troops, before I need to refuel.

This discourages terribly using hurons = discourages teamwork = makes game less beautiful.

I recommend transport helis, fuel wise, are left as they have been before.

Respectfully
|DJ| John
:nato:

sEi
Donator

Post#13 » Sat 23 May, 2020 6:17 pm

|DJ| JOHN wrote:....
For now this is my only criticism. My Hurons have already been very vulnerable from cheap enemy AA rockets. My only hope was to be high (700metres +). With the current fuel settings, I can hardly be over 300m high, and make one return trip, transporting my troops, before I need to refuel....

I think we have to find new strategies with low enroute and only high at destination for para drops. (thats anyhow how i fly te huron)

Gonna test some huron flying though in new patch....

/sEi

Kiwiszn
Donator

Post#14 » Sat 23 May, 2020 6:41 pm

I disagreed with the heli change at first, but I think it works well in LITE. Needs some adjustment to allow for higher limits on standard maps.

Braindead
Donator

Post#15 » Sat 23 May, 2020 7:23 pm

|DJ| JOHN wrote:VEHICLES

When MIPs are involved more, then teamwork is encouraged. We spawn together, we fight together, we die together. That is beautiful for me.

That is why I have to disagree with Elvis and Braindead. EUTW Arma 3 has been for the past 2 years, a slow engine COD look alike as I have mentioned in other threads. Arma, as its name suggests, should be about armoured vehicles, tanks, helis, the lot. Therefore the current changes, which bring back the Arma prior to 2017, are welcomed for me.

I challenge anyone to explain to me how it is a good thing that its more expensive to destroy an extremely potent asset than it is to buy one.

Or explain to me how this imballance improves team work or improves the EUTW experience in general. Because the way I see it the opposite is true.

Mudokon
Donator

Post#16 » Sat 23 May, 2020 7:26 pm

I personally dislike changes in vanilla mechanics.. especially when it is about something that wasn't really an issue in the first place. Medkits received a big nerf, which slows down gameplay a lot. Nobody seemed to complain about healing too fast.
In case you decide to remove the medkit nerf or at least lower the amount of heals you need to get back to 100hp, I suggest to increase the price of medkits to 8k-10k.

Other than that the class rework is great. Armored vehicles aren't useless anymore like they pretty much used to be when 25 players were able to get AT.
The only one who keeps me from winning is my own team

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#17 » Sun 24 May, 2020 2:00 am

BIM had issues today (maybe) not getting healed back to 100%. Medic healed him multiple times and still icon showing 75%. Going back to base and healed himself there, but still icon showing 75%. He maybe was at 100% health, but icon still showing 75%.

Darter, Tayran... Hmmm... On first try, seems quite useless now. Fuel consumption is so high (e.g. in 200m). 50m is too low altitube to do anything useful. If you want to carry it with you, it is quite heavy and little slow to get it up where it is needed next.

I had an issue when disassembled my drone, put drone backpack on me and I heard running/flying drone sound on me (only me was hearing that) until me next death.

Does blackfoot and kajman also follow fuel rule as other choppers? Or should they be handled more like fixed wings?

SNAKE
Community Member

Post#18 » Sun 24 May, 2020 2:14 am

I need my beauty ACO green 200m back i already miss it

Im not good with Anti-Tank Launchers but i think vorona with only 5 slots ATs is advantage for opfor maybe all launchers types for all teams better idk
Thank for your hard work EUTW team
And sorry for my english see you in firerange :)

SNAKE
Community Member

Post#19 » Sun 24 May, 2020 2:21 am

Elvis_FIN wrote:BIM had issues today (maybe) not getting healed back to 100%. Medic healed him multiple times and still icon showing 75%. Going back to base and healed himself there, but still icon showing 75%. He maybe was at 100% health, but icon still showing 75%.

Darter, Tayran... Hmmm... On first try, seems quite useless now. Fuel consumption is so high (e.g. in 200m). 50m is too low altitube to do anything useful. If you want to carry it with you, it is quite heavy and little slow to get it up where it is needed next.

This happened with me when i ask optimus to heal me with medickit and stuck in 75% i jump back to HQ for heal by medic room and no green option to heal i tried to buy medic kit and still stuck and no option untill next death

sEi
Donator

Post#20 » Sun 24 May, 2020 12:30 pm

Elvis_FIN wrote:...

Does blackfoot and kajman also follow fuel rule as other choppers? Or should they be handled more like fixed wings?

Yes same fuel rule.

ref: https://wiki.eutw.net/index.php?title=G ... onsumption

/sEi

Torpedos
Donator

Post#21 » Sun 24 May, 2020 4:05 pm

the treatment system is very viscous, 10 points instead of 5 for treating yourself and 15 for the rest would be ideal

Grenadier
Community Member

Post#22 » Sun 24 May, 2020 5:51 pm

now drones so useless. i think need fix fuel losing for jets and drone, 200m altitude is too low, any AA can destroy it easy. maybe get limit for 750-1000m ?

Braindead
Donator

Post#23 » Sun 24 May, 2020 7:10 pm

do darters and armed drones have the same fuel consumption rules? Or do the armed drones have the fuel consumption mechanics of jets?

Grenadier
Community Member

Post#24 » Sun 24 May, 2020 9:12 pm

missing ammo for type115 on tanoa

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#25 » Mon 25 May, 2020 1:06 am

Hello,

First of all, I wanted to thank you all the feedback so far.
Missing equipment will be fixed (Let me know if there's any more missing from any classes)

Also there will be fixes for the healing system (healing to 100% / UI not updating) - no tweaks yet, but please keep the feedback coming. (The rounding at the end is needed, because Arma 3 is just not showing up the heal action once you are at more than 90% :( )
The reason for the multiple cycle healing is that now medikit is available to everyone, technically 30/30 players can have it. The same reason why we decreased the rate at the medic self healing, to rather encourage healing others than everyone having a medikit to themselves.
ThreeDots wrote:- Could medic revive player on initial 75% instead of 60%?

This is already the case. Medikit -> 75%, First aid kit 60% on revive.

We will also address the AT / Armored vehicle issue on LITE.
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"