The soundtrack thread

Almost everything else goes here
void
EUTW Management

Re: The soundtrack thread

Post#26 » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 9:11 pm

Nothing is more enjoyable than listening to a old tune you long have forgotten and remember the good times - one of the best feelings in the world! :)

Black Hawk Down is a great movie - one of the few war movies I actually do enjoy!
The Music by Hans Zimmer is more than just amazing - it captured the feel of the moment perfectly!

On something new:
I just played Halo 4 again on my brothers XboX One (in freaking 60fps!) and the first time Halo 5.
I consider Halo 4 one of the best games in the series - it captures the struggle for the Master Chief and Cortana in a way, only few games could.

It is known that Martin O'Donnel & Michael Salvatori did not return for Halo 4 and Halo 5 soundtracks, as they worked on Destiny.
I was sceptical, as probably anyone else, as they chose anyone else except of those two but was very pleasently surpised of the score done by Neil Davidge & Kazuma Jinnouchi. Kazuma Jinnouchi returned alone this time for Halo 5.

This is probably the theme for the new Halo Reclaimer Trilogy and one of my favorites in the Halo Scores.

Kazuma Jinnouchi - 117

The score is just amazing - and if you are a Halo fan as I am (and my brother) you will love the score as much as I do.

As I have only played Halo 5 once, I am unsure on where I actually stand story wise - I enjoyed it, but I probably did not pick up many of the nuances and thus need to replay it at least two more times.

But the Score was again amazing, and Kazuma Jinnouchi did a phenomenal job again.

I get goosbumps on this track - it is just amazing, a great medle between different themes of the Halo franchise. I especially love the percussions :)

Kazuma Jinnouchi - The Trials
Unix Time wrote:On 4 December 292,277,026,596 64-bit versions of the Unix time stamp would cease to work. This is not anticipated to pose a problem, as this is longer than the time it would take the Sun to expand to a red giant and swallow the Earth.

Michael_McCloud
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#27 » Sat 06 Aug, 2016 11:24 pm

+1 to Halo. I love the series and I'm looking forward to Halo 6 :)

Here an Anime I like:

Ghost in the Shell.

The two Seasons of the Series and the first two movies (the third one was not so good in my opinion) are some real good entertainment.
It's interesting to see this cyberpunk setting... What is not that Sience Fiction what it looks like and in my opinion it could be (in an far future) possible to live in this kind of world.
Masamune Shirow created an interesting world what you can think about.

And of course... I like the Soundtrack of it.
Yoko Kanno created some really awesome tracks
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Once more into the fray.
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day.

jRog
EUTW Management

Post#28 » Sun 07 Aug, 2016 10:53 am

This one from Gears of War 2 with a poem of Alan Seeger is epic.

Knew about by listening to this great podcast of a retired Navy Seal Jocko Willink

http://jockopodcast2.com/2016/01/06/joc ... -workouts/

Itchy
Community Member

Post#29 » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 3:56 am

Micheal, that Ghost in the shell theme is great! Isn't the first one in russian? I've seen the anime from 1995 and was hyped since then. The soundtrack that comes to my mind is this one though:

Also, have you guys ever played a game where the soundtrack was so sick, that you didn't even hit "play game"? Instead, you were just listening to the background music for hours? Well, here is one that I've enjoyed for a long time.

Apart from the great gameplay and story of this game, the soundtrack is just on point. It gives you a feeling of something big and controversial coming towards us in near future. Dark yet fascinating. The "Hung Hua Brothel" theme (included in this playlist) is a track to which I would totally lose it to if played in a club. :bdaysmile:

void
EUTW Management

Post#30 » Tue 09 Aug, 2016 3:08 pm

I loved the trailer of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and was so hyped for the game!
It is a game marvel and the score is absolutely amazing!

I especially loved the Intro - I actually still listen to it fairly often.

My best guess is that Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will have a great score as well - which I will get as soon as possible!

jRog wrote:This one from Gears of War 2 with a poem of Alan Seeger is epic.

Gears of War 2 is probably my favorite of the trilogy - I especially loved the score when they go to war.

The Score was taken over by Steve Jablonsky from the original composer Kevin Riepl - which did a great job for GoW.

Steve Jablonsky - Armoured Prayer

Unix Time wrote:On 4 December 292,277,026,596 64-bit versions of the Unix time stamp would cease to work. This is not anticipated to pose a problem, as this is longer than the time it would take the Sun to expand to a red giant and swallow the Earth.

BETON
Donator

Post#31 » Wed 10 Aug, 2016 1:06 pm

Avalon

major_Barnes1987
Community Member

Post#32 » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 11:10 am

Desolation and danger mixed together.Best feeling i ever had,can't describe it!

jRog
EUTW Management

Post#33 » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 1:56 pm

Masterpiece

Deeelite
Donator

Post#34 » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 8:52 pm

It was 1978 when this movie has been released.
I heard the soundtrack the very same year, I was 8 years old and I liked it immediately.
Let's say this tune early 'tuned' me to electronic music more than others did later.

It was 1991 the first time I saw the movie, I was under the army and I was 10 mins late when I get back to the barrack because of the movie. The tennant was angry and about to punish me: I answered that if I could have turned the time back I would have done it again !!! He went three times angry but didn't punish me ...

oh, I forgot....here's who was my tennant in 1991 today....

"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

McQuade
Donator

Post#35 » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 2:27 pm

Nyles wrote:It's 2035. The game offers modern tech and I don't really want to take that out. It is not Cold War, it is the near future.

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#36 » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 2:47 pm

I very much agree with the last one! :)

McQuade
Donator

Post#37 » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 3:29 pm

I love this Movie :D
Nyles wrote:It's 2035. The game offers modern tech and I don't really want to take that out. It is not Cold War, it is the near future.

Michael_McCloud
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#38 » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 3:38 pm

Nyles wrote:I very much agree with the last one! :)

Jungle... Koreans... New Graphics... Good Gameplay. Long ago, that four reasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when Nyles started programming on Crysis 2.

Joke :P
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Once more into the fray.
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

McQuade
Donator

Post#39 » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 3:43 pm

Michael_McCloud wrote:
Nyles wrote:I very much agree with the last one! :)

Jungle... Koreans... New Graphics... Good Gameplay. Long ago, that four reasons lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when Nyles started programming on Crysis 2.

Joke :P

It´s not a Game, not a Movie, it was an Masterpiece ;)

Image <--- Brings Memories back :lol:

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#40 » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 3:53 pm

Get your facts straight, Michael. :P

McQuade
Donator

Post#41 » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 8:14 pm

major_Barnes1987
Community Member

Post#42 » Thu 25 Aug, 2016 11:34 am

McQuade wrote:

My favourite track from Crysis 2 and my favourite character major Lawrence-Prophet-undying son of a Barnes! :D

This one is also very similar and very epic too.

All of Crysis 2 soundtrack is a masterpiece though.Here's a link to full ost including all the tracks missing from the original.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVYt2_qraVs&list=PLE61FE7CF7A1A4CB8

McQuade
Donator

Post#43 » Thu 25 Aug, 2016 1:47 pm

<---- Login Menu :D

<---- Brachland :D

Donutz
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#44 » Tue 06 Sep, 2016 8:44 am

void
EUTW Management

Post#45 » Tue 06 Sep, 2016 10:09 am

Zack Hemsey has really good music, Vengeance on the Album The Way is one of my favorites, but also Waiting Between Worlds is a very good track.

I actually was pleasently surprised when the song started in The Equilizer. It fitted the situation very well!

Cannot wait for Equilizer 2! :biggrin:

Domi Duplex
Donator

Post#46 » Fri 09 Sep, 2016 9:31 am

void wrote:Nothing is more enjoyable than listening to a old tune you long have forgotten and remember the good times - one of the best feelings in the world! :)

Black Hawk Down is a great movie - one of the few war movies I actually do enjoy!
The Music by Hans Zimmer is more than just amazing - it captured the feel of the moment perfectly!

Now you mentioned Black Hawk Down I remember this song from the film. Not bay Hans Zimmer, but Rachid Taha.
It really sets the atmosphere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kSh4Hp3DXc
- Noise

major_Barnes1987
Community Member

Post#47 » Fri 09 Sep, 2016 2:59 pm

One of my favourites from an underrated gem.
Atmospheric and stealthy,just awesome!

Full ost here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLGJUYRxMRU

scratch
Community Member

Post#48 » Sat 10 Sep, 2016 2:03 am

void
EUTW Management

Post#49 » Sat 10 Sep, 2016 9:45 am

Before I started with playing Counter Strike and got addicted to it, I played Earth 2150 over the Internet.
It was a really good RTS game and I loved it!

McQuade
Donator

Post#50 » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 6:28 am