Preventing people from taking mission from mpmissionscache and hosting it themselves

Post your questions, solutions, ideas about Arma mission editing, scripting, modding, etc.
Bosh
Community Member

Preventing people from taking mission from mpmissionscache and hosting it themselves

Post#1 » Thu 28 Sep, 2017 6:20 pm

Hi, I was wondering how you edit your mission file so that people can't take it from their MpMissionsCache folder and then just host it on their own server?

Cheers

Steve0
Donator

Re: Preventing people from taking mission from mpmissionscache and hosting it themselves

Post#2 » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 8:42 pm

I tried decompiling it a a while back to be nosy, none of the tools I tried worked.

They must obfuscate the file somehow.

Michael_McCloud
PVP Warfare Admin

Re: Preventing people from taking mission from mpmissionscache and hosting it themselves

Post#3 » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 9:16 pm

As far as I know we use an NSA-Tool called "Hexagon-Datasafety" to encrypt our files *sarcasm off*

Seriously, i don't know and i think our DEV-Team won't tell you how they encrypt it, Sry.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Once more into the fray.
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#4 » Sat 30 Sep, 2017 10:36 pm

Well, it's not a secret. It's the subscription version (costs money) of mikero tools, which has obfuscation.
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

Benjamin
EUTW Management

Post#5 » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 11:59 am

And you can't run the mission without the appropriate add-on installed on server side.

Michael_McCloud
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#6 » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 1:16 pm

Ok, sry. I thought it is an secret :facelick:
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Once more into the fray.
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#7 » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 1:45 pm

The less they know, the better. :)

Steve0
Donator

Post#8 » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 8:47 pm

Benjamin wrote:And you can't run the mission without the appropriate add-on installed on server side.

I never really thought about it that much, but this is a great idea. I guess it means that the really important code never makes it onto the client, it just sits in a seperate add-on which only ever lives on the server.