PVP Warfare Server Events

PVP Warfare forum for discussion, suggestions, and bug reporting for current and upcoming versions
Xodius
EUTW Management

PVP Warfare Server Events

Post#1 » Sat 24 Oct, 2015 9:18 am

Starting this weekend and for the foreseeable future, we'll be running special event rules on one of the 3 servers in operation. We're doing this to throw some curveballs into the mix to give people a little bit of variety and to test out some different game configurations.

For the first weekend, we will be running Server #2 with "FATIGUE OFF".

Some ideas we have for the following weekends are as follows:

- Week 2 (Oct. 31st) - Remove one (or both MHQ's)
- Week 3 (Nov. 7th) - Change MHQ's to another vehicle or add an additional spawning vehicle in base (IE. Transport Chopper)
- Week 4 (Nov. 14th) - ??????

We'd really like to get some ideas of what you'd like to see done for these. Please note that we are not looking at doing things that are script heavy to massively alter or add core features.

Discuss!
ImageImage

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Re: PVP Warfare Server Events

Post#2 » Sat 24 Oct, 2015 12:50 pm

Very nice idea!

- Change flag fast travel limit to 51/100 points (current 75/100)
- Remove navid & zafir & spmg and add titan AT & AA to all except snipers
- Infantry only (keep all transport vechiles)

sEi
Donator

Post#3 » Sat 24 Oct, 2015 5:23 pm

I am in for anything that brings the logistics to the front. Cut down on unrealistic TP and instead need to have people coordinate transports/inserts via different vehicles (ground/air). - This will impact the gameflow in the start for sure, until people have adapted to it.

/sEi

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#4 » Sat 24 Oct, 2015 5:34 pm

Xodius wrote:- Week 2 (Oct. 31st) - Remove one (or both MHQ's)

Remove both MHQs and remove MIP-feature from APCs & IFVs too :) And keep current 75/100 spawn limit, so attackers have better chance to capture.

Xodius
EUTW Management

Post#5 » Sat 24 Oct, 2015 9:15 pm

The one thing is .. Don't get married to any of these ideas. Most aren't here to stay.
ImageImage

eye_socket
Donator

Post#6 » Sat 24 Oct, 2015 10:43 pm

This is great idea! changing things up can go a long way in being entertaining.

GanzinoDaSigna
Donator

Post#7 » Sun 25 Oct, 2015 10:36 am

Elvis_FIN wrote:Very nice idea!

+1
Chance favors the prepared mind

Piecemaker_187
Donator

Post#8 » Sun 25 Oct, 2015 1:32 pm

+1

MarkoCRO
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#9 » Tue 27 Oct, 2015 5:31 pm

pistols only match :P

OptimusPrime
Donator

Post#10 » Tue 27 Oct, 2015 5:50 pm

MarkoCRO wrote:pistols only match :P

+1 on Kavala !! :bigthumb:

or how about:

Unlimited money + Jetmap no AA Vehicles so only dogfight or manpad get jet down (maybe cleanupscript for crashed jets at the airfield)

crogeek
Banned

Post#11 » Wed 28 Oct, 2015 12:25 pm

+1

Xodius
EUTW Management

Post#12 » Wed 28 Oct, 2015 6:06 pm

This one is in the pipe. Not sure it will happen this weekend.

Will probably target the smaller maps only. The larger ones will drag on excessively long with these settings (Unless of that's what people want)
ImageImage

Vidmantas
Community Member

Post#13 » Thu 29 Oct, 2015 6:32 pm

Remove fast travel and add more logistics

Serathis
Community Member

Post#14 » Fri 30 Oct, 2015 6:06 pm

I support the no fast travel idea. Maybe just maybe that would force people to actually teamwork. You know, like how it works in Project Reality.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#15 » Sat 31 Oct, 2015 9:22 am

Today's modifier: disabled MHQs and MIPs. :bouncy:
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#16 » Sat 31 Oct, 2015 1:01 pm

GiPPO wrote:Today's modifier: disabled MHQs and MIPs. :bouncy:

NIce. Will this test continue on Sunday too?

Edit. Found news about it "Server #2 will have MHQ's and MIP's turned off for the next 24 hours."

Xodius
EUTW Management

Post#17 » Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:46 pm

We might go longer if it's popular.
ImageImage

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#18 » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 2:14 am

Xodius wrote:We might go longer if it's popular.

I think longer would be nice. Maybe people can learn and adapt to play without MHQ's and MIP's.
At least rounds are longer now :D ...too long? Hard to say yet, people need time to get used to it.
But need lot more teamwork to get it working well. But I really like it. No mindless spawning, but more thinking where I should go.
Maybe smaller maps like Coast, Kavala and Stratis would be good to play too. Larger maps pilots must be happy. They are working all the time.

Razor
Community Member

Post#19 » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 11:41 am

i liked it as well , that said it was a slow start until transport pilots started to emerge.

Domi Duplex
Donator

Post#20 » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 12:59 pm

Too bad its over already. I think it was a really good event and actually looking forward to playing it again today... Sadly only 24 hours...

I would welcome a permanent server this way. It was really good teamplay and more "intense" paly also because your life was worth more. I really liked it.

-Noise
- Noise

Miko_Raccoon
Community Member

Post#21 » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 2:08 pm

I played on #2 server yesterday and it was best fun I ever had in eutw servers. I really like the idea of no mhqs. There was no more mindless spawning at mhq that is close to the front and no trolls that are using mhqs in wrong way. Preparing the attack was much more satisfying than ever before. Pilots did great job providing us air taxi to landing zones, truck drivers did the same. Gameplay was slightly slower and there were more time for preparing positions for defend, looking at the map etc.
I spent most of the time hunting down enemy transport helicopters and one of best moments for me was when enemy made a coordinated attack from the air and ground. I couldn't shot at heli because some enemy infantry scout came very close to me and I had to take care of him, but meanwhile Orca dropped 5 paratroopers that eventually took the whole factory for their team. It was very nice to see transport helicopters in action, and even more nice to see enemy helicopters falling down in flames from succesful titan hits.

Some people complained about long gameplay that ended up at night time. People complained but they still were playing and server was full. So it seems that they still liked it, otherwise nobody would be playing.

I will be looking forward for next no mhq event.

Maus
Community Member

Post#22 » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 2:15 pm

I'm in agreement, we had a lot of great teamplay on Saturday and some really intense and unpredictable firefights. I saw more AT and AA on field than I do usually, more good use of transports, less domination from tanks, and great push - shove - fallback gameplay from both sides. Overall a really great event and would love to see this standardised / more often. MHQ spawning makes attack predictable and a little bland. Vehicle insertions, para drops, sneaky helicopter landings, all made Saturday a lot more enjoyable.

Props to all the pilots on blufor during our 6 hour afternoon session that ran us too and from the objectives. Great work guys. And kudos to opfor for being very often on the defensive and not getting too beat up about it. You guys put up a great fight and winning that round was hard pressed.

Here's some images from the day.

Hummingbird insertions to Negrades (sp?) near the end of the match

The ruin that was West Factory

Slammer takes apart enemy squad bunkered in western barracks near factory

CAS Pawnee in support of landing

Hurske
Community Member

Post#23 » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 2:44 pm

I will also chime in and agree with the no MHQ's on the map. I already have a complete blast playing on the EUTW servers, but with the dynamic that was brought by not having predictability on the map because of the MHQ, I saw much more teamwork, as best I can put it...it was the most fun I had with my clothes on.

This makes transportation crucial, as well as coordinating with assets, such as helicopters and artillery which played better roles.
Having no MHQ spawns on the map I think would be better for the EUTW community.

Domi Duplex
Donator

Post#24 » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 3:03 pm

I must have this mode. I DEMAND TO HAVE THIS MODE! (enabled on server 2 for a whole testweek.) And I demand to have some booze!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MwOOY2qPlo

Edit: One of the best points was that there is no predictability. You got much more attack vectors this way. No "the whole team comes from the same direction" because of easy mhq spawn. At the first suggestion I wasnt sure of no mhqs but by playing it, it fits perfectly. The round was longer than usual but that is not always a bad thing. Instead of the very time-sensitive mhq-driving and placing and superfast rushing it was much more important to plan the attack. And to actually stay alive.

Right now searching for and destroying mhqs is more important and nets more success than simply capping the flags. This was turned completely on its head. And I love it.
- Noise

sEi
Donator

Post#25 » Sun 01 Nov, 2015 5:54 pm

Nooooooooo is it over?

As others have said i too think that i have not seen so much teamwork for long.

And since i am a ChopperWhore then being busy ALL the time with transporting, makes this gamemode my favourite.

Bring it on again pronto! - At least on one server so people can decide themselves.

/sEi