[NEW LAYOUT] Terminal Terminator

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
3Hugger
Community Member

[NEW LAYOUT] Terminal Terminator

Post#1 » Sat 27 Apr, 2019 6:21 pm

Terminal Terminator

Dox
Donator

Re: [NEW LAYOUT] Terminal Terminator

Post#2 » Mon 06 May, 2019 5:35 pm

Nice,
but Camp need to be mooved 200m north and covered by south, too different to attack or defend respect Telos

3Hugger
Community Member

Post#3 » Mon 06 May, 2019 7:18 pm

Camp and Telos are indeed very different, the 2 opposites of the layout:

Camp = High Hill with military camp (but has some spawn cover around it, various presence wrecks).
Telos = Village, so a lot of dense close combat, a lot of cover and approaches.

So I expect Telos to be easier to cap, yet Camp has the high ground and field overview.
Both are in equi-distance and symmetry of the layout.

I don't know if/why Camp should be more North, can you explain in more depth?

Dox
Donator

Post#4 » Tue 07 May, 2019 1:53 pm

IMHO
Team on the "left" keep camp as first flag probably , camp is more strategic flag of layout because :

1) more difficult conquer it because have no covered by bush around it
2) have a huge visibility of level ground , can look 2km in all direction

so i think is better "nerf" that flag , to keep the simmetry one solution can be moove the flag 200m north.. but.. other option can be good anyway

PS: you can move also telos 200m north to keep more symmetry

3Hugger
Community Member

Post#5 » Tue 07 May, 2019 3:50 pm

True, but to counter this has the East base the 'Energy' objective, which has large towers, also overlooking the area, but closer to the terminal, so providing a more close overview then 'Camp' has.
And the East base has mountains in between 'Bayview' and 'Checkpoint Gamma', providing a field overview on it's own.

And 'Camp' has spawn cover added and various routes to place MHQ with relative secure approaches to the objective.

Camp is about 100m closer to the southern counter-objective 'Checkpoint Omega', then 'Telos' is to the counter-objective 'Retreat'. But this is because the distance is not just in meters, but uphill as well, so the travel time to go from these flags to the Northern objective.

With this in mind, I believe both flags offer their perks and have distinct advantages and negative traits.

The differences should offer the tension, as if the East base owns the 'Camp' objective this has similar effects, while the flag is located more West, providing the opposite advantage.

In a similar fashion is the 'Bayview' objective the only objective with a harbor and sniper positions in the sea.