[new layout Altis] W.I.P. Operation Plaguefire

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
Deathicael
Community Member

[new layout Altis] W.I.P. Operation Plaguefire

Post#1 » Wed 30 May, 2018 1:43 pm

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS (well more like a proof of concept)

Layout:Operation Plaguefire

Author: Deathicael

Faction 1: independent
Faction 2: blufor

Description: I'm not quite sure what I'm going for or what my intent in this layout is but I'm open to suggestions if people think its worth continuing work on it.

"Never attribute to Malice that which can easily be explained by Stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor :nuts:

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Re: [new layout Altis] W.I.P. Operation Plaguefire

Post#2 » Wed 30 May, 2018 2:10 pm

Do not use south-ease airfield: only experts can land there.
I like that there is no bottlenecks. I suggest you to go for less connections however: make sure that a team should have 2-3 objective to defend at one moment. Otherwise it will be hard to defend, players will spreadout across the whole map.

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#3 » Wed 30 May, 2018 5:52 pm

I dont understand what you mean only experts can land at that airfield? I did some testing on that airfield with the auto-pilot landing and it did just fine. Also could you maybe do a quick MS Paint of how you would change the connections please?
"Never attribute to Malice that which can easily be explained by Stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor :nuts:

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Post#4 » Wed 30 May, 2018 5:58 pm

Deathicael, try Shikra at SE airfield.
About connections: there are different ways, just try to follow the rule "2-3 objectives to defend at most cases".

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#5 » Wed 30 May, 2018 6:22 pm

ugh but the map is supposed to be indy vs blu tho?

scratch
Community Member

Post#6 » Wed 30 May, 2018 7:36 pm

Deathicael wrote:ugh but the map is supposed to be indy vs blu tho?

buzzard requires longer runaway than shikra
the floor is lava!

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#7 » Thu 31 May, 2018 3:38 am

ok ok ... got it ... I'll figure something out :scratch:

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#8 » Thu 31 May, 2018 8:52 am

i just tested and managed to have the SE airport operable. (for buzzards, with noob pilot that used keyboard+mouse, but had the riught direction to start with)
actually, you could simply build this anywhere with some flat space, but i guess on the airport it's a bit safer.

what i did, was to first clear all stuff with the "new" (Laws of War DLC) function "clear terrain objects (in modules) along the designated runway.
then i used tanoa airport runway parts to make the runway nice and even.
in the end i closed the editor without saving, so i can't simply share my results :banghead:

if you don't manage to get good results, just tell me. i guess i could quickly rebuild it. and save it.

M.O.R
Banned

Post#9 » Thu 31 May, 2018 10:10 am

Tanoa objects on altis is a nö nö.? if i am not mistaking

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#10 » Thu 31 May, 2018 10:13 am

M.O.R wrote:Tanoa objects on altis is a nö nö.? if i am not mistaking

apex objects are free to use for a while (year or so) now.

M.O.R
Banned

Post#11 » Thu 31 May, 2018 10:45 am

ah thx for the info..Well Tech, build your own strip then :)

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#12 » Thu 31 May, 2018 9:12 pm

um clear what with the what and do what? I have no idea how that works :geek: brb experimenting I guess

M.O.R
Banned

Post#13 » Thu 31 May, 2018 9:32 pm

it's a module that you can place, like the lawnmower module in arma2 it will delete all objects in a specific range around the module so its just blank ground texture..just fiddle around with it and you'll see

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#14 » Fri 01 Jun, 2018 11:50 am

HaseDesTodes wrote:

In light of the fact that you seem to understand more about the editor than I do I'm willing to open source the mission file and to collaborate if others have ideas.

Here is a google drive link to the mission - file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iCkADT ... sp=sharing

you'll find that I did figure out how to remove the trees around the airfield but I do not understand how you placed a paved airfield like the one in your photo. :scratch:

As always anyone is welcome to contribute :cheers:

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#15 » Fri 01 Jun, 2018 1:41 pm

i guess the easiest way is, how i explained it in this post/video
https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f ... rip#p57593

but since this one needs some slight adjustments (1°) so that it has no/less ground clipping through the runway, i can simply do it for you.

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#16 » Fri 01 Jun, 2018 3:08 pm

took a while longer than i expected...
i had some silly bug, and screwed some things up, so i had to start again

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qws92n9czfle2 ... n.sqm?dl=1

i have moved all things to locked layers, so i don't accidentally move stuff.
so if you want to make changes: you need to unlock things first.

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#17 » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 1:43 pm

ok I'll take a look at it

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#18 » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:46 pm

Ok so first off wow what you did is really impressive, but there's a problem. Taking off with a buzzard is no problem, but when you turn on autopilot landing everything goes wrong. For some reason, the jet never lands perfectly in line with the airfield and is always trying to deviate to one side leading to catastrophic failures. With the attitude of the community as is, if someone crashes a jet they saved up for, nothing good can come of it; the rage would be intense.

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#19 » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 12:16 am

Something I'm tooling around with, I plan to place at least 3 of these around cities for mhq's. I mean its not a perfect option but at least its one that could hide your mhq from drone recon. I dunno I think too much sometimes :confused:

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#20 » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 11:03 am

Deathicael wrote:Ok so first off wow what you did is really impressive, but there's a problem. Taking off with a buzzard is no problem, but when you turn on autopilot landing everything goes wrong. For some reason, the jet never lands perfectly in line with the airfield and is always trying to deviate to one side leading to catastrophic failures. With the attitude of the community as is, if someone crashes a jet they saved up for, nothing good can come of it; the rage would be intense.

3 things:
1. i did some tests, and it seems, that that's more an autopilot problem. for me it wasn't reliable with the runway removed.
2. whoever can't land a jet on a 2km long runway manually, shouldn't complain about losing their jet. i managed it with keyboard+mouse, and i'm not a good pilot
3. i even managed to land the buzzard without the runway. when the terrain objects around the airstrip are removed, you have enough room to stop and turn without colliding with the fences or other stuff
so i'm not even sure if the extended runway is needed.

M.O.R
Banned

Post#21 » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 12:29 pm

Goid point. If people complain about Auto p not working.. Fuck EM, :)

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#22 » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 4:28 pm

imo you dont even need that runway because if you full flaps down and give yourself a good start from the back of the runway you take off just fine

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#23 » Mon 04 Jun, 2018 4:51 pm

the runway, probably not.
the hide terrain objects part. more likely.
i haven't tested starting on the unedited airstrip afair, but with landing, you have a massive breaking problem with the buzzard. even if you land at the very edge of the runway with around 200km/h, full flaps and break, you need 100m more than you have.
without hidden terrain objects there are bushes and fences in that area, so even if you took only minimal/no damage from collisions, turning should turn out very hard.

i guess the placed runway parts could be reduced, so it doesn't look as ridiculous. but on the other hand... who cares about looks as long as it works?