[new layout Altis] Funnel

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
Gbco
Community Member

[new layout Altis] Funnel

Post#1 » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 6:38 pm

Layout:Funnel
Author: Gbco
Faction 1: blufor
Faction 2: independent
Description:

scratch
Community Member

Re: [new layout Altis] Funnel

Post#2 » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 11:01 pm

can't wait to test it :P :D
the floor is lava!

esfumato
Donator

Post#3 » Wed 21 Mar, 2018 11:57 pm

move the bases closer to the objectives, no need to

1º no one wants to drive MHQs
2º Those that drive them, don't want to spent 30 minutes to arrive to the last objective.

because of 1 and 2 this layout is going to be one of those that stay in the server with no end several days...

ANOTHER ONE, I must say.

scratch
Community Member

Post#4 » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:22 am

The base from right seems to be OK imo
We have the same distances from hq on map Kore 2 or Pefcas bay.
If both hq will be too close, it will be second awful "Reach"..
the floor is lava!

Gbco
Community Member

Post#5 » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 12:54 pm

Thank you for the feedback guys,

about the EMHQ driving distances, I made a test before submitting and these are the driving times I recorded:

Faction 1 (right): 4:10 minutes to reach Rodopoli (4.9 Km), 2:30 to reach the 2 closer flags;

Faction 2 (left): 4:00 minutes to reach Telos (4.7 Km), 2:20 to the 2 closer flags;

If you guys think it is too much I can shorten the distance, but I personally think 5 mins to reach the middle of the map is not too much, and - most importantly imho - it allows for more stealth MHQ insertion.

edit: also bear in mind the 2 sides of the map are flat lands, only the center has mountains, therefore you can cover distances pretty quickly.

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Post#6 » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 9:24 pm

Gbco, do not make distances shorter, now it's well balanced. Otherwise players will abuse base defense and it will be too hard to capture last objectives.
I like the layout for being simple, but I doubt there will be intense fight on Kalithea and Gas Station. I like that chokepoints are located in towns, so it will be more fun and easier to break through them. Lately too much layouts have open chokepoints which is impossible to capture.

Gbco
Community Member

Post#7 » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:21 pm

Linkbjorn, tx for feedback;

I also am not sure about the 2 single line points;

maybe something like this would be better?

that would certainly make for a more dynamic fight in the middle, but maybe it puts too much pressure on choke points?

edit: Thank you Michael for helping me with the image, looks like I was using a not working URL :spineyes:
Last edited by Gbco on Fri 23 Mar, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael_McCloud
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#8 » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:42 pm

When you post an picture you need the whole link.

Then you press under "Full Edit" the "Img" button.

[*img]https://i.imgur.com/LsLpFK1.jpg[/img]

This should look like this but without the "*" on the beginning of [img].

Then it will appear:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Once more into the fray.
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day.
Live and die on this day.

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Post#9 » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 7:06 pm

There is no negative comments about connections: just neutral. It is good as it is now - you can have 3-4 objectives in action at the same moment, which is a best balance if you ask me. Too many connections will dispel the attention. So leave it be as it is.
I also can't see enough cover around Outposts on map and on screenshots: probably spawnkilling will be a problem there. Think about how would you approach capture zone under fire - is it possible?

Gbco
Community Member

Post#10 » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 11:20 am

yes you are right about the scarce cover around the 2 outpost; it is similar to other cases of high-ground outpost/flags on other layouts, that is something very hard to avoid in this mod imho.

Still being it uphill it would at least minimize the chances of snipers camping spawn from surroundings, it would be more a matter of EIs pushing uphill and you spawning in front of them.

Westerner
Donator

Post#11 » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 4:14 pm

Like it - very similar to a map layout I started working (but didn't finish) a while ago.

Map size just right for me.

Gbco
Community Member

Post#12 » Wed 28 Mar, 2018 12:00 pm

Thank you Westerner, I am glad you like it.

@everybody: I am currently reworking a bit the 2 outpost flags, trying to add some more cover and variety in the proximity, mainly to reduce the chance of spawnkilling.

It would be great if we could add vegetation too, does anybody know if it is possible in EUTW layout editor?

Here is Outpost North; Feedback welcome

Overview from N, flag circle overlayed.

Overview from opposite angle, props activated to show the objects I added; is it too many?

View from South

View from East

View from North

View from West

Album: https://imgur.com/a/iOANZ

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Post#13 » Wed 28 Mar, 2018 2:16 pm

As far as I know, you can't add vegetation in mission editor.

The amount of objects is good. My experience shows that the rocks affect perfomance the most. I still recomend you to expand outpost over the limits of capture zone. The area is too open at the moment.
This could be valid for backup flags, but this one promises to be one of the hottest. However, I like that there is no too much objects inside the capzone.

scratch
Community Member

Post#14 » Wed 28 Mar, 2018 2:44 pm

Gbco wrote:It would be great if we could add vegetation too, does anybody know if it is possible in EUTW layout editor?

If i correct it is possible
bump
Gippo wrote:
the floor is lava!

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#15 » Wed 28 Mar, 2018 9:48 pm

There is a method, but those become static (non destroyable) as far as I know.. I do not support it but you can if you really want :D
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

Gbco
Community Member

Post#16 » Fri 30 Mar, 2018 1:19 pm

Thank you guys, I think I found the way to add vegetation in the forum, and it sounds a bit complicated; moreoever, as GiPPO mentioned,they are not prone to damage, therefore I think I'll just skip.

By the way, GiPPO, I remember when using XCam in the past I could add "standard" vegetation inside missions; I am curious to understand why this is not possible in EUTW missions: is this some sort of 3DEN limitation?

Do you think if I used Xcam to place objects in 3DEN there would be a way to add them to the EUTW layout file? Does it even make sense from your point of view?

Cheers