How to bypass Air defenses in Stratis.

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
esfumato
Donator

How to bypass Air defenses in Stratis.

Post#1 » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 4:07 pm

Hello all.

I was wondering how to by pass the air defenses in stratis.

As it have only one airfield that should be shared by both teams it is really almost imposible to do it right. I was thinking to remove the automatic air defenses.

But what i have tryed is this.

Just placed several hangars in the center of the airfield so planes can lock on from respawn point to respawn point.
And placed the air defenses just in front of an hangar at the very beginning of the protection circle. That way I expect that while an enemy plane lands or take off the Defenses dont have enough time to shoot them.

Could this work?

Nyles
EUTW Management

Re: How to bypass Air defenses in Stratis.

Post#2 » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 4:21 pm

Stratis is not working well enough for large layouts. Putting both airfields on the same strip will only lead to problems and abuse. Please stick to LITE layouts for that island.

esfumato
Donator

Post#3 » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 4:50 pm

You can always to choose to not buy planes.

Thing is Lite, have really expensive vehicles.

MarkoCRO
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#4 » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 6:05 pm

If it would not affect performance by placing many objects, you could make spawn area for bluefor (air base) on island above Kamino firing range and place lot of concrete blocks, could make airfield over water, i think. @Nyles?

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#5 » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 6:39 pm

'Not choosing to buy planes' is an argument we cannot accept. Our layouts have to meet certain quality standards. We had the discussion before about distance between flags and it is the same for airports being of a certain size and distance to one another.

Sharing airports is a no-go.

Helibert
Donator

Post#6 » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 9:17 pm

i tried to build a airstrip with concrete blocks and other things like the vr blocks etc... it doesnt work as you cannot make them align 100% smooth so every time i tried it out the jet started humping and crashed

esfumato
Donator

Post#7 » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 11:22 pm

Problem with building a custom airstrip. is that flags and planes respawn at terrain hight. so probably them will respawn underwater.

Have to be built along the coast.

Cobold
Donator

Post#8 » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 1:41 pm

What about the new battleship? Can you use it as a airstrip?
Recon Raccoon Squad
Hazardous Mouse wrote:First reason why its may looks like before was better is ^^ just cuz we were worse before than now.

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#9 » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 2:35 pm

no, as only blufor planes can land on it (and not even all of them). and since base locations are random it will be useless for the team that owns it in 50% of the cases.

i tried to build a new airstrip from objects a while ago, and physics were so buggy you couldn't start/land/roll on them.
but as i had built that bridge layout, i think i tested starting on the bridge, and it worked. but i'm not sure, it might just have been possible to roll at low speed.

but anyone that intends to build a new airstrip can find out themself. (btw. all flags and spawns need to be at solid ground)

esfumato
Donator

Post#10 » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 4:52 pm

Is possible to be done. but the plane have to be able to turn around and park over a service point for rearming / refueling / repair. Also need space for uavs.

Is a really boring procces. you have to set the y x z axis to fit every piece of the airstrip perfectly. And the planes can drive over it take off and land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRuxTb- ... e=youtu.be

---------------------------------------------------------------

For me is easier to give it a try to split both parts of the airstrip with hangars and put the scripted air defenses in a position you can land or take off safely.

Campers and abusers are at all layouts.

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#11 » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 5:32 pm

Still not going to happen with shared airstrip. Get over it. ;)

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#12 » Wed 20 Sep, 2017 6:50 pm

esfumato wrote:Is possible to be done. but the plane have to be able to turn around and park over a service point for rearming / refueling / repair. Also need space for uavs.

Is a really boring procces. you have to set the y x z axis to fit every piece of the airstrip perfectly. And the planes can drive over it take off and land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRuxTb- ... e=youtu.be

---------------------------------------------------------------

For me is easier to give it a try to split both parts of the airstrip with hangars and put the scripted air defenses in a position you can land or take off safely.

Campers and abusers are at all layouts.

i can do it faster and more simple...
i guess i'll do a how-to now, just to show how great i am ;)

Edit:
uploading, should be available soon.

esfumato
Donator

Post#13 » Sun 24 Sep, 2017 2:49 pm

Managed to have the airstrip and the respawn place for the planes. the problem is that I don't know if the Service points are going to work like this.

scratch
Community Member

Post#14 » Thu 28 Sep, 2017 4:00 am

we can use ship with built-in airfield.
Every jet can land on it successfully.

PS Guess ai autopilot can do that too

esfumato
Donator

Post#15 » Thu 28 Sep, 2017 10:54 am

scratch wrote:we can use ship with built-in airfield.
Every jet can land on it successfully.

PS Guess ai autopilot can do that too

But is really hard to turn around or park over a service point. it should need some script to refuel rearm repair, also to go in position to take off after landing.

scratch
Community Member

Post#16 » Fri 29 Sep, 2017 12:42 am

esfumato wrote:But is really hard to turn around or park over a service point. it should need some script to refuel rearm repair, also to go in position to take off after landing.

only 2 jets can't turn if you stop them in a "bottle neck" of the ship. It is A10 and Neo. Hovewer you don't have to land from the one side only. You can chose the opposite side and succesufully land and turn after.