[WIP] The Wall

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
MRabbit
Donator

[WIP] The Wall

Post#1 » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 6:31 pm

coming soon...

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Re: [WIP] The Wall

Post#2 » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:14 pm

And my watch begins...
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#3 » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 7:24 pm

"What could possibly go wrong?" :D

MRabbit
Donator

Post#4 » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:17 pm

The fps loss can be strong in this one, but we will see :bump:

zef
Community Member

Post#5 » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 8:37 pm

There's something oddly satisfying about that image

MRabbit
Donator

Post#6 » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 9:41 pm

zef wrote:There's something oddly satisfying about that image

tell me more about your feelings!

MRabbit
Donator

Post#7 » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 8:19 pm

What is the maximum possible size of the mission file?

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#8 » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 9:37 pm

MRabbit wrote:What is the maximum possible size of the mission file?

There's no size limit (maybe in the layout upload aye), but going overboard with objects might not yet favorable results performance-wise (probably the reason why it will be large I guess)

MRabbit
Donator

Post#9 » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 12:33 am

The first part is built: The raw wall

If anyone is interested in the mission file, let me know, I will upload it for free use. If it doesn't kill the FPS, some players can maybe make a good map out of it.

Questions:

How do I count objects?
How can I measure the length?

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#10 » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 7:00 am

MRabbit wrote:
How do I count objects?

Count objects:

Code: Select all

count allMIssionObjects "all"

or maybe better

count (all3DENEntities select 0)

About measuring lenght:
Not sure... maybe your best bet if see how long is the object's side (the one side you use and is parallel to the wall itself) and multiply it with the wall object number.

edit: fun fact, I have too started a layout like this, but it is a border, not a wall... at the same area approximately (it's the shortest in Altis where you can divide the battlefield with a wall/border), but I'm still working on it....
Started when the layout editor wasn't even released (obviously I do not work on it every day :D )

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#11 » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 9:55 am

easiest way to count objects in 3den without scripting: select the objects you would like to count; edit attributes; look in the headline it should say something like "editing XXX objects"

MRabbit
Donator

Post#12 » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 11:42 am

Hidden Text
GiPPO wrote:
MRabbit wrote:
How do I count objects?

Count objects:

or maybe better

About measuring lenght:
Not sure... maybe your best bet if see how long is the object's side (the one side you use and is parallel to the wall itself) and multiply it with the wall object number.

edit: fun fact, I have too started a layout like this, but it is a border, not a wall... at the same area approximately (it's the shortest in Altis where you can divide the battlefield with a wall/border), but I'm still working on it....
Started when the layout editor wasn't even released (obviously I do not work on it every day :D )

Thank you!

Haha yeah I thought it could open new ways of playing EUTW with a big wall/ border in between. Can you show me some pictures of yours?
I think mine is a little too big, because I go down to 5 FPS in singleplayer editor -.-' :lol: so I need to change some things...

MRabbit
Donator

Post#13 » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 11:43 am

HaseDesTodes wrote:easiest way to count objects in 3den without scripting: select the objects you would like to count; edit attributes; look in the headline it should say something like "editing XXX objects"

Thank you! I will try also this way

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#14 » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 5:46 pm

MRabbit wrote:
Hidden Text
GiPPO wrote:
MRabbit wrote:
How do I count objects?

Count objects:

or maybe better

About measuring lenght:

Thank you!

Haha yeah I thought it could open new ways of playing EUTW with a big wall/ border in between. Can you show me some pictures of yours?
I think mine is a little too big, because I go down to 5 FPS in singleplayer editor -.-' :lol: so I need to change some things...

Hidden Text
Some quick pictures I took. It's still WIP obviously :D
https://imgur.com/a/OBhhe

The concept is to have an actual border, some checkpoints which vehicles cannot pass easily and the empty parts of the border would be mined. Island divided into West and East altis, remants of a previous war, etc...

Checkpoint Zero being an old, rusty but robust checkpoint(if we can call it a checkpoint even) of the past, still standing strong-ish, but having a bit destroyed (thus having some additional entry points).

Forest is empty still, but I want to make something like a rebel (I guess West Altis won at some point...) base there.
The opposite - Telos - is having a West Altis military retreat at the objective flag.

Anthrakia is the war torn city, barriers, wrecks, Czech hechehogs, etc...

There are 4+1 checkpoints, but not all of them are objectives (that's why you see checkpoint 2 and 4 but no 1 and 2 - they will be marked on the map though)

MRabbit
Donator

Post#15 » Sat 16 Sep, 2017 1:28 pm

Hidden Text
Some quick pictures I took. It's still WIP obviously :D
https://imgur.com/a/OBhhe

The concept is to have an actual border, some checkpoints which vehicles cannot pass easily and the empty parts of the border would be mined. Island divided into West and East altis, remants of a previous war, etc...

Checkpoint Zero being an old, rusty but robust checkpoint(if we can call it a checkpoint even) of the past, still standing strong-ish, but having a bit destroyed (thus having some additional entry points).

Forest is empty still, but I want to make something like a rebel (I guess West Altis won at some point...) base there.
The opposite - Telos - is having a West Altis military retreat at the objective flag.

Anthrakia is the war torn city, barriers, wrecks, Czech hechehogs, etc...

There are 4+1 checkpoints, but not all of them are objectives (that's why you see checkpoint 2 and 4 but no 1 and 2 - they will be marked on the map though)
[/quote]

That looks very interesting to me, I would like to play it :D Im looking forward to it, what do you think, how long will it take for you to get finished?

MRabbit
Donator

Post#16 » Fri 29 Sep, 2017 11:42 pm

Question to ADMINS:

Is it possible to test the mission for the multiplayer server?
I want to know if the big size causes too much lag or if its ok, so its worth to continue. I got a pre version, shall I upload?