[new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
esfumato
Donator
Posts: 315

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#26 » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 10:55 am

M.O.R wrote:The flags are so close to the base, it's perfect for baseraping..like today..we had kyra nera, coast defense and crossroads..I could just buy infinite rockets at coast and kill everything coming out of the base..I mean I love that but you should really consider moving the flags here and there a bit..


It's done on pourpose. You can't Afk until you have money for a plane.

If you loose the coastline... well bad luck. you should had fight better.

Yesterday match, no matter the base raping opfor end winning at the end.

https://forums.eutw.net/stats-for-donat ... 3150711077

User avatar
GiPPO
EUTW Management
Posts: 7152

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#27 » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 11:04 am

Do You know there's an an automatic afk kick feature and that you can't shoot inside hq tower area? I mean I don't understand that afk until plane thing.
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

esfumato
Donator
Posts: 315

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#28 » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 11:11 am

GiPPO wrote:Do You know there's an an automatic afk kick feature and that you can't shoot inside hq tower area? I mean I don't understand that afk until plane thing.


Its just exagerated, I mean if you don't want the enemy to have a position from where they can kill the vehicles going out of your base, fight to ovoid that happening, and defend attack the coast line. If you want to have advantage capture the enemy coast line.

That is the pourpose of the layout.

User avatar
Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev
Posts: 1059

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#29 » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 11:12 am

Played it yesterday. Not enough covers around objectives and hevily fortified objectives inside (those bunkers are a really well protected). I played only on eastern side of layout, and I've seen only advantages for longdistance engagement, in the same time players, who like CQC style are aside. I suggest you to find balance between CQC and long distance engagement possibilities, between amount of covers in and outside of objectives. In CTI mode you may need to capture not only fortresses, but also some strategic objectives like fuel stations or transmitter towers which are not really fortified by military forces. And it gives some diversity in gameplay.

Edit: also poles on airfield look weird and dangerous for landing - you may need to make a maneuvre if you can't land just now.
Last edited by Likbjorn on Thu 14 Sep, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

esfumato
Donator
Posts: 315

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#30 » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 11:14 am

Likbjorn wrote:Played it yesterday. Not enough covers around objectives and hevily fortified objectives inside (those bunkers are a really well protected). I played only on eastern side of layout, and I've seen only advantages for longdistance engagement, in the same time players, who like CQC style are aside. I suggest you to find balance between CQC and long distance engagement possibilities, between amount of covers in and outside of objectives. In CTI mode you may need to capture not only fortresses, but also some strategic objectives like fuel stations or transmitter towers which are not really fortified by military forces. And it gives some diversity in gameplay.


Ok I can put more objects, buildings rocks around objectives.

M.O.R
Banned
Posts: 1008

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#31 » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 2:16 pm

esfumato wrote:
M.O.R wrote:The flags are so close to the base, it's perfect for baseraping..like today..we had kyra nera, coast defense and crossroads..I could just buy infinite rockets at coast and kill everything coming out of the base..I mean I love that but you should really consider moving the flags here and there a bit..


It's done on pourpose. You can't Afk until you have money for a plane.

If you loose the coastline... well bad luck. you should had fight better.

Yesterday match, no matter the base raping opfor end winning at the end.

https://forums.eutw.net/stats-for-donat ... 3150711077


eh? Ok ok..

esfumato
Donator
Posts: 315

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#32 » Mon 18 Sep, 2017 1:37 pm

Updated:

Added Marks on map. to let people know where are walls to cover vehicles.
Added houses rocks and wrecks around some objectives to add more cover.
added two service points in the main airport for damaged planes / uavs to land easier.

M.O.R
Banned
Posts: 1008

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#33 » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 12:39 pm

One flag, I think it was Koroni, has green permanent smoke on it..Why that? I think everybody knows that god damn smoke is the biggest fps killer in Arma..Wyh would you place it ? There was also a random burning chopper with a weird animation..And that aircraft carrier, without any meaning , just an additional object ..

esfumato
Donator
Posts: 315

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#34 » Fri 10 Nov, 2017 6:55 pm

M.O.R wrote:One flag, I think it was Koroni, has green permanent smoke on it..Why that? I think everybody knows that god damn smoke is the biggest fps killer in Arma..Wyh would you place it ? There was also a random burning chopper with a weird animation..And that aircraft carrier, without any meaning , just an additional object ..


The idea was to set an helicopter crash situation where both teams have to fight to secure and rescue the survivors. At least, to try to simulate a visual situation.

I haven't the chance to fight in that objective in multiplayer server. So at least on the editor I have no FPS lost. Have to try on multiplayer.

Also... This layout was updated but is not uploaded in the server.

Also still waiting for the Stratis One to be uploaded.

M.O.R
Banned
Posts: 1008

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#35 » Fri 10 Nov, 2017 11:09 pm

well its not the updated one..And yea..As soon as ppl start throwing smoke, you have fps loss..it's a pain in the arse..i know your intention, but you should just put a wreck there, or sth else..not those green smokes

User avatar
GiPPO
EUTW Management
Posts: 7152

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#36 » Fri 10 Nov, 2017 11:20 pm

Btw, the updated layout got uploaded with the 2.07.04.
Sorry, I missed it before. (feel free to nag me if I do not upload the new version)
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

esfumato
Donator
Posts: 315

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#37 » Fri 10 Nov, 2017 11:25 pm

Last version had a Missing conections between two Flags. Uploding a new one.

User avatar
GiPPO
EUTW Management
Posts: 7152

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#38 » Fri 10 Nov, 2017 11:34 pm

esfumato wrote:Last version had a Missing conections between two Flags. Uploding a new one.

Btw, I fixed that, but good to have a fixed uploaded :)
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

User avatar
GiPPO
EUTW Management
Posts: 7152

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#39 » Sat 11 Nov, 2017 7:02 pm

GiPPO wrote:
esfumato wrote:Last version had a Missing conections between two Flags. Uploding a new one.

Btw, I fixed that, but good to have a fixed uploaded :)


Well, Apparently I did not fix it, but I remember it having a missing connection :oops: :oops:
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

esfumato
Donator
Posts: 315

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#40 » Sun 12 Nov, 2017 2:14 pm

If the performance is still being good I can add more cover around the objectives. I dont like to put many objects because of that
Last edited by esfumato on Wed 21 Feb, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rennug
Community Member
Posts: 42

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#41 » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 10:42 pm

esfumato wrote:Added lamps at the airfields.

Why did u do that?
I will not risk with 30k blackfish there.
First time when I use atopilot in arma.

M.O.R
Banned
Posts: 1008

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#42 » Sat 20 Jan, 2018 12:54 pm

I'm voting to remove this layout out of the rotation.

Danrik
Community Member
Posts: 120

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#43 » Mon 22 Jan, 2018 3:10 pm

M.O.R wrote:I'm voting to remove this layout out of the rotation.


Yes, pls!

TheN3r0
Donator
Posts: 20

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#44 » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 12:50 am

M.O.R wrote:I'm voting to remove this layout out of the rotation.


+1

esfumato
Donator
Posts: 315

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#45 » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 6:58 pm

With all the hate towards this layout, i'm updating it.

Removing the lamps at airfields.
Removing the smoke at koroni.
Adding Ruins 250 meters around the objective to ovoid the spawn killing. This is going to encourage the normal boring prone camp outside the objectives proceeding that everyone loves, but if you like that, you will have it...

Any other request?

Added objects around each objetive 250 meters around. No more respawn killing.

Image

User avatar
Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev
Posts: 1059

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#46 » Fri 23 Feb, 2018 11:06 am

If you want to avoid both spawncamping and camping outside the objective, you should simply place covers around the objectives. These covers must allow player to move step by step closer to the objective being able to make a rest before next sprint run. The most disgusting thing is to run long distances without cover.

User avatar
GiPPO
EUTW Management
Posts: 7152

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#47 » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 11:10 pm

You will hate me (If you haven't already)

You have increased the object number from 911 to 2452 and there are some lower effort copy pastas
Example:
Image
Image
Please try to put a bit more effort into creating covers and also try to lower the object number (example: instead of 4x1 block H-barriers use one 4block H-barrier object)

In the meantime, I'm gonna just delete the airport lamps (although I'm pretty sure they just need some repositioning/culling, especially where the service point is at)
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

esfumato
Donator
Posts: 315

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#48 » Wed 28 Feb, 2018 7:08 pm

GiPPO wrote:You will hate me (If you haven't already)

You have increased the object number from 911 to 2452 and there are some lower effort copy pastas
Example:
Image
Image
Please try to put a bit more effort into creating covers and also try to lower the object number (example: instead of 4x1 block H-barriers use one 4block H-barrier object)

In the meantime, I'm gonna just delete the airport lamps (although I'm pretty sure they just need some repositioning/culling, especially where the service point is at)


I don't know, but i have to place the x,z,y, axis by hand in every object because my Editor don't adjust the objects to the ground. That's why The objects have been placed that way.

Also creating a 250 meters around with good visuals while the terrain is not designed with that pourpose is not possible, everything looks unnatural no matter what you place on it.

And... is not worth the effort into placing adjusting the axis in every object to have some trolling with the layouts... It's done that way, solves the problem with the respawn killing, if the layout is more likeable that way i can work on the visuals, also the performance have to be tested first, to know if it is worth working on details.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron