[new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
esfumato
Donator

[new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#1 » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 4:32 pm

Layout:Agia_Triada
Author: Esfumato
Faction 1: blufor
Faction 2: opfor
Description:

Images at spoiler.

Hidden Text
Last edited by esfumato on Tue 22 Aug, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

esfumato
Donator

Re: [new layout Altis] Agia_Triada

Post#2 » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 5:05 pm

Added lamps at the airfields.

Bosh
Community Member

Post#3 » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 5:11 pm

Interesting looking layout, could we get pictures of all the objectives?

esfumato
Donator

Post#4 » Tue 22 Aug, 2017 12:27 pm

How can I use a damaged mohawk or Huron as an Object? want to add some objects in one sector.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#5 » Tue 22 Aug, 2017 7:15 pm

esfumato wrote:How can I use a damaged mohawk or Huron as an Object? want to add some objects in one sector.

Damaged or destroyed?
Damaged:
Just change its health to lower value. Maybe make it simulation disabled (so it won't have physics). But if you want it to be enabled, tossed around ,etc, leave it.
If you want to keep the damage, but want no explositions, set the fuel to 0. If you want no damage on it (it's really close to the absolutely not expected behavior though...) you can disable the damage.

Destroyed wreck:
Just make it 0% health and make it simulation disabled.

Make sure no light will show up on it, put this in the init:

Code: Select all

this setPilotLight false;
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

esfumato
Donator

Post#6 » Wed 23 Aug, 2017 11:52 am

Added aditional lights at main bases. Walls to cover MIP's and tanks at the mountains.

And finished the helicopter crash theme for a sector.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#7 » Tue 29 Aug, 2017 11:13 pm

Repositioned AA defenses a bit
Removed portable lights (bases already have them)
Simple object on: barrels, water tanks, toiletboxes
Crossroads: adjusted bunker rotation (bank) - was too easy to glitch head inside of roof
Ifestionia: one of the cargo houses were really prone to glitching, so I've put h barriers under it. Hide a mound under a cargo house. Added some grass cutters here and there

esfumato
Donator

Post#8 » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 11:10 am

Could you leave the additional lights at main bases? for me is really anoying to not barely see the flags at the main bases at night. And as they are placed behind them don't do any bad....

eager to see if this one is fun.

also... any problem with the smoke effects that I placed?

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#9 » Wed 30 Aug, 2017 9:00 pm

esfumato wrote:Could you leave the additional lights at main bases? for me is really anoying to not barely see the flags at the main bases at night. And as they are placed behind them don't do any bad....

Actually, I rather look at the HQ as it is automatically created and maybe add more lights :)

Smoke is OK, it is weird for me (unlimited smoke grenade) but it's okay :)

esfumato
Donator

Post#10 » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 11:37 am

GiPPO wrote:
esfumato wrote:Could you leave the additional lights at main bases? for me is really anoying to not barely see the flags at the main bases at night. And as they are placed behind them don't do any bad....

Actually, I rather look at the HQ as it is automatically created and maybe add more lights :)

Aditional lights on bases are still removed :(

esfumato
Donator

Post#11 » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 11:47 am

esfumato wrote:
GiPPO wrote:

Aditional lights on bases are still removed :(

Coast Defense, Have the Sector Flag inside of a high tower bunker, and is not possible to buy vehicles or fast travel from it. must be solved asap.

Koroni: Crashed Hellicopter have lights on.
Chem lights have been removed :(
Maybe improve the quality of the hellicopter smoke.

Have to remove several fences that dont allow to walk inside the compaounds.

Bosh
Community Member

Post#12 » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 2:19 pm

Look forward to the changes you make Esfumato

esfumato
Donator

Post#13 » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 3:09 pm

At my version the flag of Coast Dfense was not inside the bunker.

I have added 3 game logics with "{ _x hideObjectGlobal true } foreach (nearestTerrainObjects [this,["fence",],30])

To remove those small fences inside some compounds.

Uploaded.

CertainDeath
Community Member

Post#14 » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 6:41 pm

feedback?
i do not think this layout will get popular.
its on server now for 2 days, and people prefere every other map on other servers.
i wondered why, and i am on server now for two hours, and visited every flag, while noone came to join.

objectives are heavily fortified. but fortification exactly ends at flag range.
so if defenders are there, no way.
if attackers get in, 3-4 people can kill every spawner on most flags easily, cause defensive overview and empty landscape around objectives...
if it is about 1-2 objectives, where it is like that, thats ok... but all of them?
i do not think, that that is a good idea.

this was the constructive part. if you want my opinion too:
pls do a complete overhaul or scrap it.
but thats just my 50 cent. there may be players, which may enjoy this. they might just not been playing eutw the last 2 days.
now i am just AFKing in objectives, while doing other stuff, to switch this layout out of server.
or is there a automation to switch maps, which have not been populatet that much?
OPT: CSAT SQL of Recon Squad "Bravo"
http://www.operation-pandora.de/

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Post#15 » Thu 07 Sep, 2017 2:31 pm

I agree with CertainDeath on this. All of your layouts has NO cover around objectives, so it's about rush in together suddenly or die by camper fire. We provide so much feedback about previous layouts, but it seems like you don't invest your time in making it comfortable to play, listening to community.

Hidden Text
I always try to be constructive and polite (and so I did commenting other topics of yours), however you are doing such non-EUTW style things (suggestions, layouts, complaining in Global in game) that I can't really understand why do you still play this game - maybe try some other, more corresponding to your idea of war game?

esfumato
Donator

Post#16 » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 4:10 pm

A layout that have never been played previously can't be avoided on pourpose because of people knowing it for being boring.

PPl just join the server with more players and it have not been server 4# that's all.

Also likbjorn, I don't know what's your problem with me and your focus to come here to the forums and start blaming every Idea / Layout I propose in this Forum Community.

You are such a troll.

Have not commented anything about the cover around objectives, and you are blaming because of it as it was so obvious.

The layout is fine, you like it or not. But you are only throwing shit to me with no reason.

And just for you to know. Your layouts are bullshit. But that don't force me to come here to the forums and say it again and again everytime you do a fucking shity layout.

ok?

Bosh
Community Member

Post#17 » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 4:34 pm

I have to agree with Likbjorn and Certaindeath on this.

You need to take in to account the fact that defenders spawn outside of the objective circle and this area should not be empty. Defenders will spawn in the open and have no chance as they get spawn killed.

Conversely, there are a couple of objectives with too few objects inside the objective area, meaning there is no cover at all. This will lead to a brutal stalemate as there is nothing for a team to hold on to.

As it is, the objectives are very unbalanced which needs to be addressed.

Don't take it personally, it's all constructive criticism :D

CertainDeath
Community Member

Post#18 » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 6:31 pm

The layout is fine, ...

It is not! Look at what all feedback here is about, and tell me again, that it is fine^^

And just for you to know. Your layouts are bullshit. But that don't force me to come here to the forums and say it again and again everytime you do a fucking shity layout.

His layouts are way better then this. Instead of creating 5 layouts per rotation, you should maybe make 1 layout, and put all your love in it. And do not forget about love for spawners, defenders, attackers and and and.
Layout creation is not about realism or something, its all about playability, replayability, and should keep frustration levels low.

Class above mass.. people are gonna play it for hundreds to thousands of hours combined. 20 hours of work to make a well playable layout is the least what people can expect. i only made one layout so far, and it took me about 40 hours incl testing stuff. and i am still not sure, if its well balanced, and i have to see how it plays out and bring changes, so i expect another 10 hours work.
if that is too much for you, better let it be. i do that to give something back, cause i do not have money to spare for servers.

What you made here is not thought through.
For me it is no wonder, that it stays without players, when it is in rotation.
But instead of taking the feedback, you are insulting the ones which give feedback?
am i allowed to ask why you make layouts? i am really wondering. if you do not accept feedback, it does not seem, that you do it for the community?
OPT: CSAT SQL of Recon Squad "Bravo"
http://www.operation-pandora.de/

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#19 » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 6:37 pm

C'mon guys, its normal that people have different opinions about layouts. Keep it constructive, but also don't be offended when people actually provide feedback.

At the end of the day, layouts will either be voted for or not by the community.

esfumato
Donator

Post#20 » Sat 09 Sep, 2017 10:33 am

This is not constructive criticism, this is just personal.

I have here a list of layouts.I want likbjorn to do a full constructive criticism of them all for the better of EUTW. And stop trowing bullshit to everything I do.

Altis Layouts Compilation

Tanoa Layouts Compilation

Malden Layouts Compilation

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#21 » Sat 09 Sep, 2017 11:06 am

Stop the flame war now. let it go, forget it or whatever.

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Post#22 » Sat 09 Sep, 2017 2:45 pm

Nothing personal. As I said, I always try to be constructive; I always did so commenting your layouts. It's not trolling also as far as I respect forum rules and my interlocutors.
Years of playing EUTW also give me some experience to make basic conclusions without playing layout - most of them are here, I won't write the same everywhere, the same way as comment good things unless they are great. For me feedback is about to get rid of negative things first. In your [WIP] topic I suggested you to make some changes; none of them were taken into account by you - that made me dissapointed about uselessness of feedback provided, so I had to break a bit my rules of tact.
I hope you are not angry about me anymore and I heartly ask you to also be constructive. If you don't like my layouts - please tell me what can be changed to make them playable, or what is wrong in general if they are "complete bullshit" so I will take it into account later.
I'm also sorry for being aggressive, provoking not welcome style of conversation in this topic.

esfumato
Donator

Post#23 » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 7:46 pm

GiPPO wrote:Repositioned AA defenses a bit
Removed portable lights (bases already have them)
Simple object on: barrels, water tanks, toiletboxes
Crossroads: adjusted bunker rotation (bank) - was too easy to glitch head inside of roof
Ifestionia: one of the cargo houses were really prone to glitching, so I've put h barriers under it. Hide a mound under a cargo house. Added some grass cutters here and there

Uploaded a new version.

The server version have one flag inside a bunker and is not possible to fast travel or buy vehicles.

Is at Coast Defense.

It have been uploaded a new version with that corrected.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#24 » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 7:24 pm

Changelog:
Moved bunker a bit away from the flag (might be an issue that server creates the flag with a different pos or with a different rotation - will investigate)
Replaced the "hide" logics with the new hide terrain objects module
Fixed: one of the wooden boxes was hidden.

M.O.R
Banned

Post#25 » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 2:13 am

The flags are so close to the base, it's perfect for baseraping..like today..we had kyra nera, coast defense and crossroads..I could just buy infinite rockets at coast and kill everything coming out of the base..I mean I love that but you should really consider moving the flags here and there a bit..