Status report on new layout rotation

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
GiPPO
EUTW Management

Status report on new layout rotation

Post#1 » Fri 04 Aug, 2017 6:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I know some of you are growing impatient and wondering when will the new layout submissions will be on rotation.
Also as you have might noticed, some layouts got reviewed already so it's happening, but happening a bit slower than I initially expected. I wanted to update the rotations on the last week, but I was also working on our initial logging framework for our upcoming team balance feature which also took more time than I expected.

I will continue reviewing the layouts and you will be able to enjoy the new ones soon enough!

Cheers,
GiPPO
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

M.O.R
Banned

Re: Status report on new layout rotation

Post#2 » Fri 04 Aug, 2017 6:36 pm

Thanks for the info but focus on the team balance feature :!:

esfumato
Donator

Post#3 » Sat 05 Aug, 2017 8:13 am

I should have focus the effort on the respawn system or the mhq driving reward rather than a scripted balance system.

I dont know how is going to work the balance system. But people is not confortable with being forced to join a team that they do not expect.

Lets see how it works.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#4 » Sat 05 Aug, 2017 10:35 am

esfumato wrote:I should have focus the effort on the respawn system or the mhq driving reward rather than a scripted balance system.

I dont know how is going to work the balance system. But people is not confortable with being forced to join a team that they do not expect.

Lets see how it works.

Many would disagree about the balance feature and say that this is important.
We won't force anyone to join the other team (and currently we cannot even do that).
We have some things we play with: money mainly, but also variables like respawn times and such. We call it "team balance handicap" actually.
Cannot say anything specific, the data collection is for this reason - to model our team balance measures instead of releasing it blindly and tuning a lot on a live server.

The new respawn system is on the list as well, but implementing the data collection early assures that we have enough data to look at later on during 2.08.00 development.

CertainDeath
Community Member

Post#5 » Fri 11 Aug, 2017 1:15 pm

Joined a friend of mine yesterday on EU#2.
There was a stale mission running since many many hours. I left 5 minutes later. Played KOTH HC Inf.
Looking forward to new Missions. Have enough of Malden and Not-thought-through layouts, will join in new rotation...

if only some of the layout editors would make less layouts and put more work and testing and thinking in them, maybe quality would be better.

Examples of thinking over layouts:

How long do i drive from HQ to all flags, and how does it corelate to other side?
How do people get from MHQ/MIP to flagrange?
does flagrange positioning encourage outside flagrange camping?
does flagrange itself has cover? Also hard cover, which does not completely dissaper after artillery barrage etc?
what happens if defenders spawn around flagrange?
which possible mhq spots exist around flags and how can each faction get there?
is a chokepoint flag captureable? or is it hours of camping around? (best example of nonodontdont is the heli crash site between mountains with near no cover, which is in the middle of 3 chokepoints on altis, dont know the layout name anymore)

there are certainly more points to evaluate, but for 5 minutes time typing, theese are good examples.
Players combined are playing theese layouts for hundreds and thousands of hours, its worth to sit some hours more on it for quality managment.

and personally i think more and more that infantry should not have access to thermal imaging... if you come to a mission, and its running for so long, that its night time, when you join, you have a big disadvantage with night vision googles against thermal imaging googles. could be more fun without. was one of the 2 reasons i left after 5 minutes yesterday
OPT: CSAT SQL of Recon Squad "Bravo"
http://www.operation-pandora.de/

esfumato
Donator

Post#6 » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 6:21 am

Is possible to re-think, re-vote the rotations of the 4 servers?

With the Reach Discussion, I think the servers have several layouts with one single lines... also, some times several different servers have the same layout at the same time.

Don't know... Just an Idea.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#7 » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 10:37 pm

esfumato wrote:Is possible to re-think, re-vote the rotations of the 4 servers?

With the Reach Discussion, I think the servers have several layouts with one single lines... also, some times several different servers have the same layout at the same time.

Yes - we may look into single line layouts., and for the second: will be possible if we implement a system which does not allow this.

esfumato
Donator

Post#8 » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 11:19 am

GiPPO wrote:
esfumato wrote:Is possible to re-think, re-vote the rotations of the 4 servers?

Yes - we may look into single line layouts., and for the second: will be possible if we implement a system which does not allow this.

I posted in other thread, can't remember which one...

A non scripting solution, a little bit caveman style.

Server 1: layouts 1,2,3,4,5
Server 2: layouts 6,7,8,9,10
Server 3: layouts 11,12,13,14,15,
Server 4: Community layouts.

That way you have a different layout in every server.

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#9 » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 5:33 pm

No we don't want to do that. We had this in the past and out of a sudden everybody was only connecting to that one server that contained everybody's favorite layout (i.e. Pefkas Bay) in the hope it would come up.

All servers (besides the community server) have to run the same identical layout rotation, but they are shuffled up individually on every reboot so the risk of two servers running the same layout is fairly low.

esfumato
Donator

Post#10 » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 8:56 pm

Nyles wrote:No we don't want to do that. We had this in the past and out of a sudden everybody was only connecting to that one server that contained everybody's favorite layout (i.e. Pefkas Bay) in the hope it would come up.

All servers (besides the community server) have to run the same identical layout rotation, but they are shuffled up individually on every reboot so the risk of two servers running the same layout is fairly low.

Well I don't see any problem with that situation.

I didn't knew pefkas bay was the de_dust of EUTW. It is an oportunity, if you see that everyone wants to play the same Layout, is really easy to try to reproduce the conditions of that layout in the others. So you can find the sweet spot with the layout creation.

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#11 » Fri 20 Oct, 2017 9:48 pm

Again, nope we won’t do that. Been there, done that.

esfumato
Donator

Post#12 » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 4:05 am

Nyles wrote:Again, nope we won’t do that. Been there, done that.

You can put different layouta rotations... including pefkas bay in every server!!!! xD

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#13 » Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:57 am

You are missing the point. All three have to be identical for this system to work.