[new layout Malden] Pic de Feas

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
Concrux
Community Member

[new layout Malden] Pic de Feas

Post#1 » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 3:09 am

Layout:Pic de Feas
Author: Concrux
Faction 1: blufor
Faction 2: opfor
Description: Fight for Pic de Feas, or flank along the west coast.
Overview

Pic de Feas

Arette Beach

Chapoi

Hidden Text
Cold War Memory Lane

Chauve Hotel

Town Arudy

Le Pessagne

Dorres Village

Villa Goisse
Last edited by Concrux on Wed 12 Jul, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cobold
Donator

Re: [new layout Malden] Pic de Feas

Post#2 » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 10:52 am

Are HMG active?
Recon Raccoon Squad
Hazardous Mouse wrote:First reason why its may looks like before was better is ^^ just cuz we were worse before than now.

Concrux
Community Member

Post#3 » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 11:02 am

Yes, they can be used, if that's what you mean.

Cobold
Donator

Post#4 » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 12:05 pm

And how about balancing it with some kind of defensive weaponry at Goisse?
Recon Raccoon Squad
Hazardous Mouse wrote:First reason why its may looks like before was better is ^^ just cuz we were worse before than now.

Concrux
Community Member

Post#5 » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 12:25 pm

I'm considering it, but I think Goisse will be easier to defend. Attackers from the sea will have to walk up to the objective, which will take several minutes since there is a significant height difference between the objective and the harbor. If you take down the two HMGs at Arette you can simply run from your boat directly to the flag within a very short amount of time. When defenders at Arette respawn, they will be very exposed, so you will be punished if you lose control of the shoreline. At Goisse you can respawn very safely.

Another option is to lower the objective at Goisse to the harbor and put a couple of HMGs there as well. But I didn't find it very appealing to have a fight at that area.

Concrux
Community Member

Post#6 » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 3:22 pm

I changed my mind after trying to walk up to Goisse from the beach myself. There is actually a nice, little village further down, which now is the objective. Added a couple of HMGs next to it. Could the administrator please disable the ability to dismount the HMGs? I'm not sure how to do it.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#7 » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 9:11 pm

Changelog:

Lowered some bunker towers (they had some gap between the h-barrier part and the ground)
Disabled disassembly on static HMGs (this enableWeaponDisassembly false;)
Rotated the static HMGs on top of the bunkers, because you can only get into it from the front (bad configuration by BI?). Shouldn't be a problem, because they can rotate 360°.
Also with cargo HQs, I elevated the static HMGs with the newest Pallet™ technology. These pallets and the static HMGs will be deleted if the supporting tower is destroyed.

Deleted boatshops as I think there is not really a lot of potential for it. (let me know if you think otherwise and I'll revert it)

Mission.sqm uploaded
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

Concrux
Community Member

Post#8 » Wed 26 Jul, 2017 1:11 am

"Deleted boatshops as I think there is not really a lot of potential for it. (let me know if you think otherwise and I'll revert it)"

The boatshops in the HQs can be removed, but I would appreciate if you could keep the two boatshops at the beaches, so that it's possible to easily flank via the west coast - and most important: Have something to shoot at with the lovely HMGs.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#9 » Sun 30 Jul, 2017 11:35 pm

Concrux wrote:"Deleted boatshops as I think there is not really a lot of potential for it. (let me know if you think otherwise and I'll revert it)"

The boatshops in the HQs can be removed, but I would appreciate if you could keep the two boatshops at the beaches, so that it's possible to easily flank via the west coast - and most important: Have something to shoot at with the lovely HMGs.

Added them back. Mission.sqm is uploaded :)
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"