[new layout Malden] Canyon (Lite)

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
Hazardous Mouse
Banned

[new layout Malden] Canyon (Lite)

Post#1 » Tue 11 Jul, 2017 8:23 pm

Layout:Canyon (Lite)
Author: HazardousMouse
Faction 1: opfor
Faction 2: independent
Description:

Canyon

Castle

More pictures
Hidden Text
Forest

Bushlurker Statue

Bunker

Goisse

Village

Beach

House

Vigny

Arudy

Farm
Last edited by Hazardous Mouse on Thu 13 Jul, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Q: How many liberals can figure out what 2+2= ? A: Zero, they just protest that it can be whatever it wants to be.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Re: [new layout Malden] CampersParadise

Post#2 » Tue 11 Jul, 2017 8:51 pm

Don't you feel that CampersParadise objective is a bit.... not fitting? :D I mean those HQ towers are not going to be very fun. Also it is inside the capture area. The Castle part looks great though.

Don't make this a second Anomaly please :D
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#3 » Tue 11 Jul, 2017 9:05 pm

Ok. I changed pos of Campers Flag. And uploaded new file.
Or u can chagne it by uself in old file. new pos of flag x 3129 y 7278

Just lil bit of last tower in circle. So towers way now can be ignored. Just optional way for some players if they want to take it.

But u prolly right. 7 towers one by one in circle its just too much pain combat
But with new flag pos ^^ i hope ppl can deal with half tower good enough
Q: How many liberals can figure out what 2+2= ? A: Zero, they just protest that it can be whatever it wants to be.

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Post#4 » Tue 11 Jul, 2017 9:41 pm

Looks pretty nice. I suggest to think about HQ placement, although there are no much options... But they just too close to nearest objectives.

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#5 » Tue 11 Jul, 2017 10:05 pm

@Likbjorn
There too much driving up hill from both bases to objectives. If i put bases more far then mhq drivers will fkn die of low speed moving up hill ^^
So if bases too close now then helos and jets will be less useful. I understand ^^
So i think maybe simply turn this layout in to Lite then. To make jets and helos fuck off completely ^^

Yeah and i look at other Malden layouts. Many Regular layouts and just 2 Lite.
Sad rate of Lite vs Regular ^^ One more reason to make this layout Lite

@Gippo
Pls delete Airports :) or use new file ^^

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Re: [new layout Malden] CampersParadise (Lite)

Post#6 » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 9:08 pm

I meant to actually delete those cargo towers. :biggrin: I mean, the layouts shouldn't be super realistic, but this is over the line in my opinion.

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#7 » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 10:29 pm

GiPPO wrote:I meant to actually delete those cargo towers. :biggrin: I mean, the layouts shouldn't be super realistic, but this is over the line in my opinion.

ok ^^ then ill remake this objective. Anyways these towers bugged ^^ You can run only on stairs of 1st tower. And on stairs of towers 2 up to 7 u can only walk ^^ Very slow way when u can only walk ^^ Anyways i alredy have a better idea for this flag.
I will delete towers and will improve/extend Castle

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Post#8 » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 8:30 am

I would also suggest to change layout name. Whole Malden is camper's paradise and there can be misunderstoods. Joking. EUTW for me and for many other players is an adult gamemode (comparing to other Arma 3 ones). There is no place for "trolling" titles on my opinion. I affraid it will attract too much players of type we don't like to see.

And also a quick tip: press Backspace to hide GUI elements and leave only image in Eden Editor. Just to not launch the game and use this camera all the time you want to make an image.

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#9 » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 11:09 am

Likbjorn wrote:I would also suggest to change layout name. Whole Malden is camper's paradise and there can be misunderstoods. Joking. EUTW for me and for many other players is an adult gamemode (comparing to other Arma 3 ones). There is no place for "trolling" titles on my opinion. I affraid it will attract too much players of type we don't like to see.

And also a quick tip: press Backspace to hide GUI elements and leave only image in Eden Editor. Just to not launch the game and use this camera all the time you want to make an image.

Layout name not serious enough :(
So what can be another name for layout? hm maybe "Canyon of campers" or just "Canyon" ?

And lol its not "trolling" title. There objective called "Campers Paradise" and this objective is literaly Campers Paradise ^^ But hm this whole damn canyon is campers paradise ^^

But ok ^^ I will rename objective to - "Castle"

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#10 » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 11:59 am

GiPPO wrote:I meant to actually delete those cargo towers. :biggrin: I mean, the layouts shouldn't be super realistic, but this is over the line in my opinion.

New mission file uploaded with all changes ^^ Damn i hope this is final version ^^

I deleted all damn towers :)
Likbjorn suggested to change some names.
So I changed name of layout from "CampersParadise" to "Canyon" and name of objective from "CampersParadise" to "Castle".
And i extended Castle. Now its should look lil bit more badass than before ^^
Castle should be more balanced now. There now better entrance points from sides of neighbor flags "Bunker" and "Vigny"
In old version Castle was unbalanced cuz entrance from Bunker side was good but entrance from Vigny side was shit. But now all kinda balanced ^^

Deeelite
Donator

Re: [new layout Malden] Canyon (Lite)

Post#11 » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 10:52 pm

Please, admins....delete this layout from rotation !!!!
Oh, Why?

This layout , good in its intention, concentates all the worst of Arma, in terms of bugs, glitching, and castle's tons of object gives hell-lag to everyone...and Mouse is not playin with us anymore ..... :)

Can't spend the whole match time cursing in the rocks !
"When taking part in a discussion, the most difficult thing is not defending your opinion, but knowing what it is in the first place." André Maurois

Danrik
Community Member

Post#12 » Sat 18 Nov, 2017 3:18 pm

Agree with Deeelite.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#13 » Sat 18 Nov, 2017 3:29 pm

Noted, will review all the community layouts (and possibly the regular ones as well).

Danrik
Community Member

Post#14 » Mon 22 Jan, 2018 3:13 pm

Is there already a result?