[new layout Altis] BORDER

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
Bosh
Community Member

[new layout Altis] BORDER

Post#1 » Mon 05 Jun, 2017 10:38 pm

Layout:BORDER
Author: Bosh
Faction 1: blufor
Faction 2: independent
Description:
The idea for this map is a frozen conflict gone hot.

The centre of the map is the border between the self proclaimed northern republic of Molos and the main Republic of Altis - you may notice the pre-placed military bases have different flags to represent this. The previously frozen border runs from checkpoint Alpha through to the other side of the salt lake, marked by checkpoints, towers and sporadic fences.

This is a Lite layout.

Map Layout
(Objective) Religious retreat
(Objective) Checkpoint Bravo - facing north
(Objective) Checkpoint Bravo - facing south
(Objective) Ghost hotel
(Objective) Forest village
(Objective) Sofia slums
(Objective) Offices
(Objective) Checkpoint charlie
(Objective) WW2 Bunkers
(Objective) Construction
(Objective) Karochori
(Objective) Rural

Extras
Hidden Text
Map of border area
Checkpoint Alpha
Checkpoint B1
Checkpoint B2
Checkpoint C1
Checkpoint C2

Fluff - Republic of Molos flag
Hidden Text
Last edited by Bosh on Wed 09 Aug, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Bosh
Community Member

Re: [new layout Altis] BORDER (Lite)

Post#2 » Tue 06 Jun, 2017 9:43 pm

Updated mission.sqm - Added more to Offices and Religious retreat to make the objective more defensible. Also added more objects for attackers to take cover behind/place MHQs.

Bosh
Community Member

Post#3 » Fri 16 Jun, 2017 8:46 pm

If possible, please change OPFOR faction to GUER.

Bosh
Community Member

Post#4 » Wed 28 Jun, 2017 9:47 pm

Updated mission.spf

Added more cover to Offices and abandoned complex
Tweaked Checkpoints Bravo and Charlie

Also, please change Blufor to Opfor if possible.

Bosh
Community Member

Post#5 » Sat 01 Jul, 2017 12:33 am

Updated mission.sqm

New objective WW2 Bunkers

RagedLemon
Community Member

Post#6 » Sat 01 Jul, 2017 5:53 am

Just a quick suggestion, I observe from the layout that each team only has two captured objectives from the start. To speed up the start of the game two more for each team would be beneficial. Otherwise the start will take a long time and players will get annoyed very quickly. Two more captured or one more captured will be fine.

By the way nice looking layout design with the two point front and the single point wide. However, the WW2 bunkers may turn out to be a tragedy because I notice that it is placed on the salt flat. Deploying MHQ's there is going to be a hard task (not impossible just really hard). Also, if the objective is captured and players were to spawn and defend make sure objects and cover are placed outside of the circle so players don't get spawned killed.

Bosh
Community Member

Post#7 » Sat 01 Jul, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi RagedLemon, thanks for the response!

I've updated WW2 bunkers with more buildings outside of the objective area so that people don't spawn in empty space on the lake bed and if they do there is plenty of objectives in between them and the start of the objective area. MHQs will be more tricky to place but the way the embanked shoreline extends north and south it should be fairly easy to hide them from sight at least.

I'm still not 100% about how to have the pre-captured objectives. I'm leaning towards how it is, as it means the game is more open at the start and rewards teams that can organize groups and think about which objectives they take first. If each team had 4 objectives each at the start I feel there would be less flexability at the start as both teams immediately engage with each other. I am definitely open to changing it however if it turns out to be too slow a start.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#8 » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 12:42 pm

Changelog:

Moved UAV service points outside of the main runways (imagine what happens if one UAV is servicing and an other one is landing)
Moved both vehicle service points at the central area. The concept of these service points is a high-risk, high-reward decision. So you either travel back to base to service or use the ones which are closer but also closer to the battle. So placing them almost just outside of the base is not intended gameplay.

Repositioned all industrial sheds because they were clipping into terrain, also put grass cutter under them.
Simple object on: metal barrels, wheel cart, wooden cart, FIA caches, toliet boxes, stacks of xy.

New mission is uploaded.
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

Bosh
Community Member

Post#9 » Sun 06 Aug, 2017 5:20 pm

New mission.sqm uploaded

Added extra buildings to Religious retreat, abandoned complex (now Construction) and Checkpoint Bravo to help prevent defenders spawning in the open.

Adding civilian vehicles to the 4 pre-captured objectives.

scratch
Community Member

Post#10 » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 1:40 am

its very large map for being a lite (~9km from left flag to the right), maybe convert it to a regular?

Bosh
Community Member

Post#11 » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 5:26 pm

scratch wrote:its very large map for being a lite (~9km from left flag to the right), maybe convert it to a regular?

I think you're probably right given how large the layout is.

The only reason I hadn't changed it yet is because I thought vehicles might dominate such a flat area too much. However, that probably cuts both ways with infantry having access to lock-on launchers.

I'll take a look when I'm back from work, but I think you're right - it'll work better as a regular layout.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#12 » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 8:53 pm

Adjusted some building's positions (height, so they won't clip into terrain as much, and a very few rotations.
Placed some grass cutters where grass was inside buildings.
Made cinder blocks simple objects.

Bosh
Community Member

Post#13 » Mon 07 Aug, 2017 11:34 pm

(I'm so sorry for adding so many versions Gippo - this is the last I promise ;) Also, I hadn't noticed your update before I changed to Regular and made a bunch of changes :/)

- Changed layout to Regular
- Tried to remove as many unnecessary objects as possible to improve performance
- Added walls to construction and checkpoint bravo to make them more solid positions and to prevent defends getting instantly shot.
- Amended Religious retreat slightly and added an extra couple of buildings to construction.
- Simplified the barricades at checkpoint Charlie to try and avoid any difficulties with colliding objects.

new mission.sqm uploaded

Last update - mission is ready to go!

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Re: [new layout Altis] BORDER

Post#14 » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 1:18 pm

Adjusted some building's positions (height, so they won't clip into terrain as much, and a very few rotations.
Placed some grass cutters where grass was inside buildings.
Repositioned northern airfield's spawn area.
Made cinder blocks simple objects.
Deleted a portable generator which was clipping into a house, not sure if the object was intended or not though, but the placement was incorrect.

Bosh
Community Member

Post#15 » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 7:47 pm

I'm not sure if it's already been flagged up but when the mission just came on there was a single Opfor slot as well as the Blufor and Indep teams meaning my layout got skipped.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#16 » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 7:57 pm

Bosh wrote:I'm not sure if it's already been flagged up but when the mission just came on there was a single Opfor slot as well as the Blufor and Indep teams meaning my layout got skipped.

It's an Arma bug :)

Bosh
Community Member

Post#17 » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 8:03 pm

Ah okay, I see :D