[new layout Altis] Heaven or Hell

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
CertainDeath
Community Member

[new layout Altis] Heaven or Hell

Post#1 » Wed 24 May, 2017 2:30 am

Layout:Heaven or Hell
Author: CertainDeath
Faction 1: blufor
Faction 2: opfor

Description: Big Scale TvT. Use your assets well, you gonna need them. Fight happens in mountainous areas as well as in flatlands. Good opportunities for all classes of warfare. Every Flag has its own opportunities and risks, but it should be a pretty balanced map with even driving times and balanced flag layouts.
Map is stretched out to ensure need of combined warfare. Some flags are close together for fast paced action. I tried to make the game enjoyable for every class and playstyle. U gonna need Heli, Tanks, Snipers, MG, Jets, AT, AA and everything what the game offers you. The team which works together will win this. So lets see if you are a teamplayer or just a bitter looser, if you end up in heaven or hell.

Hidden Text
Refugee

Surveillance Centre Area

Surveillance Centre Close Up

Checkpoint Area

Checkpoint close

Trafo

Trafo Close

Damm

Home of Stone Area

Home of Stone close up

Old Galati

Old Galati inside Tower

Farm

Agios

Galati

Better watch the street when driving!

p.s.:
Both airfields have a civilian HEMTT with 8% Fuel in Case of Stucks. No jet spawns on Runway ;)

If you play the map, pls leave feedback as i gonna use it to improve map, if it has a point.
If you find glitches, tell me, i try to fix. Glitches with rocks may appear, if they are heavy (good camper spot + wide sight in glitch) pls make an image of position and send me, i can try to rotate rock to make the glitch position unaccesible, i fixed all heavy glitches i found yet.
I placed many objects on map in around all objectives except the villages, but as the objectives are in distance to each other, performance should be fine.
Last edited by CertainDeath on Wed 24 May, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OPT: CSAT SQL of Recon Squad "Bravo"
http://www.operation-pandora.de/

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Re: [new layout Altis] Heaven or Hell

Post#2 » Wed 24 May, 2017 1:03 pm

Are you sure it's a good idea to place items somewhere? First, there is a cleanup script on EUTW. Second, each faction have an access only to one appropriate color version of Titan, so some of them will not be able to pick it up!

CertainDeath
Community Member

Post#3 » Wed 24 May, 2017 1:18 pm

If there are different colors for different factions, and factions dice their HQ out randomly, and each faction can only pick up its own colour, then i better delete the launchers^^

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#4 » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 8:14 pm

changelog:

Deleted launchers.
One of the airfield zamaks were floating in the air. (prepare for players driving it away from the airport :D )

Simple object on: huron containers, rowboat
Surv. center: disabled damage on the unfinished building composition to avoid floating objects if one of the supporting buildings collapse.
Disabled damage on the fallen castle towers.

MIssion.sqm uploaded

I would say there's an overuse of cargo containers in general. The problem that they are only operational (working doors) if they are fully enabled, but they also have physics. I don't think it will affect the performance that much though.
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

CertainDeath
Community Member

Post#5 » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 9:46 pm

Gippo, are you sure, that you used the second mission.sqm?
the launchers where already deleted in the newer version + some other fixes (and the civilian hemmt do not have enough fuel to drive around much). huron containers should be simple objects there too, except i forgot some.

damage on fallen castle tower is tested, and fine :) they will only partially collapse, and the rests of it also has cover.

thx for fix on floating car and the construction site.

as soon as we can use tanoa objects for all maps, i will replace most of cargo containers with unoperational tanoa containers. :)

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#6 » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:06 pm

CertainDeath wrote:Gippo, are you sure, that you used the second mission.sqm?
the launchers where already deleted in the newer version + some other fixes (and the civilian hemmt do not have enough fuel to drive around much). huron containers should be simple objects there too, except i forgot some.

damage on fallen castle tower is tested, and fine :) they will only partially collapse, and the rests of it also has cover.

thx for fix on floating car and the construction site.

as soon as we can use tanoa objects for all maps, i will replace most of cargo containers with unoperational tanoa containers. :)

Actually, I double checked :(. The Launcher was still there.
Zamak (civ HEMMT :D ) was low on fuel, that's true.

Feel free to look into the new version and make modifications which may or may not be in the version I downloaded.

https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00194
ensure better compatibility, we'll be making the structures part of every Arma 3's player data, which means that everyone will be able to enjoy terrains that are based on Apex assets and vegetation, whether you own Apex or not. Access to the Tanoa terrain itself will remain limited to owners. This change will become active with Update 1.72

I thought this is already the case. I do not see it in the changelog though... wondering if they changed it or not.

CertainDeath
Community Member

Post#7 » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:21 pm

I thought this is already the case. I do not see it in the changelog though... wondering if they changed it or not.

how could we test that or prove it?

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#8 » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:32 pm

CertainDeath wrote:

how could we test that or prove it?

Disable Apex in steam (which will make it delete, then redownload when reneabled) and test :oops:

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#9 » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:23 pm

my bridge layout has some apex objects as far as i remember.
so i guess if there were no complaints, it should be working.

CertainDeath
Community Member

Post#10 » Tue 01 Aug, 2017 4:01 pm

New Mission.sqm uploaded.

Tanoa Objects work.

Changes made: replaced most of the cargo containers with different structures.
Added some stuff here and there (from Malden and Tanoa Set), removed some stuff here and there.

Disabled Damage on additional Construction site objects at Surveillance.
Disabled PhysiX on some objects.
Made one of the fallen Towers at Old Galati destructible again. The sourrounding is a fortress already, no need for a indestructable mini-fortress inside cap radius.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#11 » Sat 12 Aug, 2017 12:45 pm

Simple object on: Cargo container (short) - it doesn't have door&interior, so it can be set to simple object.
Repositioned eastern airfield's spawn point as it could cause issues with larger vehicles (VTOL) spawning too close to the flagpole.

TheN3r0
Donator

Post#12 » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 4:06 pm

Playing this map right now on server 4, got major FPS problem ( normal 40-60 FPS, now 15-30 FPS max). other players are complaining too about major fps drops. Maybe some object causing this?

M.O.R
Banned

Post#13 » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 5:02 pm

Same here..almost not playable at all..Huge performance issues..

CertainDeath
Community Member

Post#14 » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 6:21 pm

i joined late, and had performance issues too.
but on my side, i always have issues, when ary AND jet are up.

did you have the issues right from start of the game?
in this case i would have to reduce the amount of objects.

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#15 » Sun 10 Sep, 2017 9:00 pm

maybe it's the containers. Gippo expressed some doubts about them, in a previous post. and i made some bad experiences about them myself, when they are in some bad spot they can move and collide a little bit, eating up the server performance.

CertainDeath
Community Member

Post#16 » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 12:24 am

there are not many containers with doors left, if any, but a good amount of those slum containers at refugee.
wanted to clear out a bunch of them anyway, cause it was too much of hide and seek there.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#17 » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 7:55 pm

I'm also puzzled about this. There are layouts which more objects which can play fine. There's like 10-ish objects with physics enabled even.
If a low performance round still happens on this layout, I will get in and investigate more.

As a last resort, we might try deleting some objects which are not needed, redundant.
Then again, 99% of the objects are not physics enabled and there are not that many objects in this layout.

CertainDeath
Community Member

Post#18 » Mon 11 Sep, 2017 11:19 pm

ok, then i wait with removing objects for next "performance test"

On my side i am sure, that my lags came from ary and jet. as soon as the blackwasp was down, the lags went from lagging the whole time to some seldom lags. and there was still mortars and artillery, which may cause lags too.
and it also may have been the server, which asked for restart.

additionally when our next OPT Battle on thursday and all the activity around that are done, i will look into the layout to check, if there are any bumping containers, to prevent issues from that.

also: is there a possibility to create lags, when you place big rocks, which have parts under the surface, like i did on home of stone?

Bosh
Community Member

Post#19 » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 5:29 pm

Certaindeath, I know that in the past I have experienced a lot of lag issues with rocks in missions I've made. I'm not sure what causes it but they seem to cause a lot more lag than other objects of their size.

It might be worth trying to limit the amount of rocks and see if that helps. Maybe replacing some areas of home of stone with some shacks or maybe some historical objects like statues/ruins etc

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Post#20 » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 6:58 pm

Confirmed LARGE FPS drops at Home of Stones. Stones are too heavy for my GPU.

Raged edit: goddamn LAGs on the objective. Reduce number of rocks, please. Maybe re-edit whole flag. That's technically arma-breaking place :D

CertainDeath
Community Member

Post#21 » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 2:03 am

Will be done till weekend...

damm ... how some rocks can performe such drops... that engine... :banghead:

is there other feedback, that i can put into the work till weekend?

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Post#22 » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 10:52 am

Rocks made me too angry to notice something other :D It's pretty balanced althought I played only for weak loosing NATO team. Got a nice ride on a tank - layout have a balance between hills and plains which is good for armor. Probably too much slums on Refugee Camp, however I didn't play that much to fairly comment this.
Also Damm objective had no enough cover outside circle. It's kind of last objectives, so not really needed (to help winning team to win, loosers should have defend their lands before :D ). It's about spawning first. Can't wait for spawning system update...

P.S. I'm happy to see players provide more feedback. It's important for layout creator to get any comment about their work to make EUTW better.

CertainDeath
Community Member

Post#23 » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 11:45 am

Refugee will have less Slum Containers.
Damm is on purpose like this, it mirrors TraFo... Both have not much cover around, but also no real strongpoints inside circle, where you can do a spawnrape while capping, cause shape of landscape hinders to see all possible spawnpoints.

M.O.R
Banned

Post#24 » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 4:09 pm

home of stone still causing super lags and game freezes..not playable..Can you either fix this, remove it from the rotation until it's fixed? Same goes for surveillance center..

Danrik
Community Member

Post#25 » Sat 18 Nov, 2017 3:17 pm

Had the same lags as on the split decision map. The lags appeared around the flag home of stone. I suppose it's up to the stones, I suspect.