[new layout Altis] Kavala_On_Foot (Lite)

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
esfumato
Donator

[new layout Altis] Kavala_On_Foot (Lite)

Post#1 » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 4:39 pm

Layout:Kavala_On_Foot (Lite)
Author: esfumato
Faction 1: blufor
Faction 2: opfor
Description:

Edited by GiPPO
Last edited by esfumato on Sat 04 Mar, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Re: [new layout] Kavala_On_Foot (Lite)

Post#2 » Sat 04 Mar, 2017 4:56 pm

https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f=156&t=5101
The first image should be the overview (map) of the layout (required)
Q: How many liberals can figure out what 2+2= ? A: Zero, they just protest that it can be whatever it wants to be.

esfumato
Donator

Post#3 » Sun 05 Mar, 2017 12:06 am

In my Defense I post this situation... And Believe me... I see this several times a day on EUTW.

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#4 » Sun 05 Mar, 2017 1:26 am

esfumato wrote:In my Defense I post this situation... And Believe me... I see this several times a day on EUTW.

Why this OCC flag is wrong place to attack?
Objectice of EUTW gamemode - Capture all flags to win. So OCC and Agia Stemma both need to be captured.

OCC and Stemma both need to be captured to lock right side of layout.
if both OCC and Stemma captured then u need defend just one flag Stemma. And flags OCC, Dead Curve and Agios Dionysios will be locked.

Take OCC then take Stemma.
Or take Stemma first and then take OCC.
Anyways u need capture both flags.

So why "nowhere to attack after" OCC?
Stemma next target after OCC :)

So what wrong with attacking OCC flag on this screenshot?
Can someone explain me this mystery?
Q: How many liberals can figure out what 2+2= ? A: Zero, they just protest that it can be whatever it wants to be.

esfumato
Donator

Post#5 » Sun 05 Mar, 2017 4:04 pm

Updated with the UAV services points.
And I deleted one empty helicopter I forgot to delete before the first upload.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#6 » Sun 05 Mar, 2017 5:14 pm

I'm sorry, but we won't put this layout on vote with these connections. Please update it to a reasonable state.
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

esfumato
Donator

Post#7 » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 4:22 am

What do you think now?

I'm still thinking that more connections mae it uglier on the map... but simpler to play. But I want to try it at least.

Updated Again with less connections.

Westerner
Donator

Post#8 » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:45 pm

Think logically.

Why would a faction be able to take Factories/Backyard directly but not the others in-between?

That connection is just not realistic.

How about this?

One other thing - it's 'cemetery' not 'cementery'. :cheers:

esfumato
Donator

Post#9 » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 3:52 pm

I want it that way to give something to do to transport helicopters. It's something that is not worth most of the times. So I want to give them something worth the risk of a crash.

Westerner wrote:One other thing - it's 'cemetery' not 'cementery'. :cheers:

Thanks for the correction!. I will Upload it Again...

Re-uploaded with the corrected name "cemetery".

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#10 » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 9:12 pm

Reuploaded file still is still an old version.
Fixed the connection though and also removed middle one - sorry it just doesn't make to connect these.

Simple object off&enabled damage: military cargo houses , walls, all houses
Deleted service points near HQs
Deleted CSAT and NATO flags as faction positions are randomized and factions will be randomized soon enough. (ignoring huron&taru pods for the time being)
Deleted the objects - except the cargo house - at UAV service points to allow bigger space for UAV movement
Repositioned HQs (and AA defenses) so they are at the roughly the same driving distance (road) from the first objective.

New mission.sqm is uploaded, also I updated the overview picture.
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

esfumato
Donator

Post#11 » Tue 07 Mar, 2017 12:39 am

I don't know why I uploaded the same file... I just uploaded the one in the folder of the mission... maybe is because I did it with the game still opened or something.

I tested the driving from each base. Not straight by the road... just like everyone drives... trying to get to the point as quick as posible. And from the each base to the first objective I arrived in 1:30 minutes.

Both bases where at 1.3 km of the first objective.

I Did the test with a quadbike on each base. A Panther from the Bluefor Base and A MSE Merid from the opfor Base.

No matter that bluefor base have that long way down right next to the MOGOS mountain, you have to use the brakes. Because the vehicle will flip around if you just go down at max speed.

The service points near each base where done with the hellicopters in mind. for them to have a flat area to land even if their rotors are damaged.

The other 2 service points are placed with vehicles in mind. So they can retreat of the town and rearm/repair with some cover around. (mountains at least).

And The conection between first and last objectives is the "new thing". I want to give Transport Helicopters a powerfull move... otherwise is useless... nobody can cross the whole battle with an mhq and be unseen... specially if both Bases are situated at high mountains.

esfumato
Donator

Re: [new layout Altis] Kavala_On_Foot (Lite)

Post#12 » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 1:37 pm

I didn't expected to test this layout so quickly. Yesterday the server was full. The game looked balanced. But it was not as fast paced as it was supposed to be.

I don't know if both teams where using Darters. But the average survival of every vehicle was close to 1 minute. mhq's and marshalls, Merids... where easy to destroy.

The distance between objectives is bigger than I though. 400 meters in an urban environment produces a really slow movement. because the players have to look every window and house in kavala in the way of the next objective and it take the same amount of time as you walked 1 kilometer.

Players dindn't used the respawn inside objectives and did the way to the next walking. They where waiting for the mhq's like in every layout.

Maybe It could be switched to regular. Have cheaper prices for MIP's. Introduce Boatshops.

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Post#13 » Mon 13 Mar, 2017 10:57 pm

APCs in cities are very weak because they are large, noisy and have basic optics which make harder to aim fast on close distances. In Arma 3 it's extremely hard to use APCs in urban area. I like the layout, but I don't like that MHQs are totaly not important here, the only implementation is a "rush MHQ in circle" tactics. You can really try to do it regular, but in this case move HQs more far from the AO to give some freedom for aircrafts. On my taste, distance between objectives should be greater.

I like that you have listened the community and reworked the layout. That's really should be appreciated.

esfumato
Donator

Post#14 » Mon 03 Apr, 2017 3:06 pm

Updated to REGULAR layout.

esfumato
Donator

Post#15 » Sun 12 Nov, 2017 2:20 pm

This layout was updated.

Added boatshops at the coast.
Changed to regular. So the vehicles are cheaper.

If you think that is worth trying it againadd it to the server