[new layout Altis] From Kavala to Dionysios

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
MRabbit
Donator

[new layout Altis] From Kavala to Dionysios

Post#1 » Sun 01 Jan, 2017 4:09 pm

Layout:From Kavala to Dionysios
Author: MRabbit
Faction 1: opfor
Faction 2: blufor
Description:
The little story behind is, that you start either in Agios Dionysios or in Kavala and you have to make it to the other town. You have to drive safe trough the well known Dead Curve, survive the Old Custom Control and then make it to the Kavala Suburbs to fight the enemies who wants to get the military transport which is at the Dead Curve. Or you start in Kavala and have to get all information in the EUTW Secret Base, survive a State Prison rebellion and then fight in the Kavala Suburbs against the other team which is going for the EUTW Secret Base informaion. But be aware from shots that are coming from places you don't expect - Snipers are watching you - allways!

There are 11 Flags:
Kavala - Bungalow - EUTW Secret Base - Green Mile - Negades - Kavala Suburb - Factory - Agia Stemma - OCC - Dead Curve - Agios Dionysios

The special is, that the map has a lot of customized areas and some towers are placed around some points for more action. They are not hidden but neither to find with the first view.

MAP

FACTORY

KAVALA MILITARY COMPOUND

Green Mile
https://abload.de/img/20170101145027_101stj.jpg

OCC

DEAD CURVE
https://abload.de/img/20170101145437_1zgs49.jpg

AGIA STEMMA
Last edited by MRabbit on Sun 19 Nov, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.

MRabbit
Donator

Re: [new layout] From Kavala to Dionysios

Post#2 » Sun 08 Jan, 2017 4:33 pm

Some of the "hidden" spots for snipers and/or tanks

https://abload.de/img/20170108152231_17qb1u.jpg

https://abload.de/img/20170108152349_1bgy1v.jpg

https://abload.de/img/20170108152502_1p4bii.jpg

Thanks for watching and let me know what you like/ don't like.
Last edited by MRabbit on Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#3 » Wed 11 Jan, 2017 11:48 pm

Enabled M-walls simulation (disabled simple object) as they can be damaged.
Enabled camo net simulation, because they can be damaged by default as well (just what the player would expect), also they are blocking some projectiles (lock on missiles) so they need to be destroyed.
Enabled bunker towers, so you can use the ladder on them.

Not pretty happy about the usage of Hunters and HEMTTs as a part of the layout, as players could confuse them with actual enemy vehicles.

New sqm uploaded
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

MRabbit
Donator

Post#4 » Thu 12 Jan, 2017 5:02 pm

I did not want the walls to take damage, so the only way to go inside prison (I guess you mean these walls) is via helicopter or the entrences, which makes it a little more special than just overdrive a wall to come in... too bad you changed that, that is not what I wanted to have with this objective. I would like you to change it back, if we ment the same walls.
Camo net is ok, I did not think about that you can not shoot through, I just made it for performance.
Thanks with the towers, must have forgotten that.

The Hunters and HEMTTs make it a little more look like an area of operation, just a flag and some buildings is not part of that objective. Its the "dead curve" and with some cars and military vehicles it is looking more dramatic to me. If people confuse that with e vehicle, I can change the cars, but people cant be that stupid to get confused by it more than one time.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#5 » Tue 31 Jan, 2017 9:55 pm

Simple object -> Prison walls

New mission.sqm uploaded.
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

MRabbit
Donator

Post#6 » Wed 08 Feb, 2017 10:51 pm

Update 1:

Fixed:
- The "unfinished building" at the flag Kavala Suburb was flying and you couldn't enter it.

Last edited by MRabbit on Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MRabbit
Donator

Post#7 » Tue 21 Feb, 2017 4:50 pm

:nato: The war is over now :csat:

Thanks to:

[WGP]Champ
BoneCrusher [A3CTG]
Drake Stewart

Monne
NoobHaterZ
FriendlyBash
MRabbit

Map: From Kavala to Dionysios

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#8 » Wed 22 Feb, 2017 3:03 am

not a fan of this layout, sorry too tired to express any constructive criticism at this time
"Never attribute to Malice that which can easily be explained by Stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor :nuts:

Steve0
Donator

Post#9 » Wed 22 Feb, 2017 12:42 pm

I think you and I must have been no playing the same session Deathicael, it went on for a long time fighting over the same points.

Red had a hell of a time trying to capture agios stemma, having it as a choke point can really stall gameplay.

But then again perhaps that was intended, it does allow for long vehicle oriented sessions with many comebacks.

MRabbit
Donator

Post#10 » Wed 22 Feb, 2017 3:36 pm

Deathicael wrote:not a fan of this layout, sorry too tired to express any constructive criticism at this time

Thanks for giving "feedback" - but if you want something to change, you have to take some time to write an constructive comment. "not a fan of this layout" is something I don't care about :wave-1:

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#11 » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 11:42 pm

Well done. This layouts best of current rotation :)
I played it when on server was night ^^

OCC flag looks like from some zombie movie ^^
Q: How many liberals can figure out what 2+2= ? A: Zero, they just protest that it can be whatever it wants to be.

MRabbit
Donator

Post#12 » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 8:32 pm

Hazardous Mouse wrote:Well done. This layouts best of current rotation :)
I played it when on server was night ^^

OCC flag looks like from some zombie movie ^^

Thanks a lot Hazard Mouse! :)

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Post#13 » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 12:17 am

Great layout, but you need to review Prison cause some buildings looks misplaced, or their height coordinate set wrong. Plus, I think bases are too close, it's too hard to take last flags. But it maybe was only because teams have become balanced at the game end.

MRabbit
Donator

Post#14 » Thu 02 Mar, 2017 8:19 pm

Likbjorn wrote:Great layout, but you need to review Prison cause some buildings looks misplaced, or their height coordinate set wrong. Plus, I think bases are too close, it's too hard to take last flags. But it maybe was only because teams have become balanced at the game end.

Thanks Likjborn!
I will check out the prison buildings, maybe the are wrong because of a not flat ground - thanks for info.
I had the same thoughts about the too close HQ's, I'm going to change this!

Likbjorn
PVP Warfare Dev

Post#15 » Sun 05 Mar, 2017 7:49 pm

MRabbit, I played your layout several times and all the time we had a great troubles with Agia Stemma. This flag requires much teamplay to be captured/defended and even simple deathmatch here is really hard. I suggest you to make OCC as a keypoint, I mean connect Factory and Kavalla suburbs to OCC and delete these connections for Agia Stemma. It will be more balansed since Magos mounteen on other side is not a keypoint.

MRabbit
Donator

Post#16 » Sun 05 Mar, 2017 10:25 pm

Likbjorn wrote:MRabbit, I played your layout several times and all the time we had a great troubles with Agia Stemma. This flag requires much teamplay to be captured/defended and even simple deathmatch here is really hard. I suggest you to make OCC as a keypoint, I mean connect Factory and Kavalla suburbs to OCC and delete these connections for Agia Stemma. It will be more balansed since Magos mounteen on other side is not a keypoint.

I noticed the same problems with Agia Stemma, when I played it. First I thought an update of the flag would be cool, but changing the connections like your suggestion can be a good solution. I will do all that stuff, also that from your first post, on tuesday when I have free time :)

MRabbit
Donator

Post#17 » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 11:34 pm

Update 2:

Fixed/ Changed:

- Moved both HQ's more far away
- Updated OCC flag - more buildings, more cover, more fun
- Updated Agia Stemma flag - more towers for more action, added church on top
- Changed connections - main flags are now: EUTW State Prison/ Kavala Suburb/ OCC (thanks to Likbjorn - good point)
- Updated pictures in the first post

To Do:

- Solution for prison buildings. They work good, but 1 or 2 entrances are too high to go in because of the not flat ground.
In this case you need to use other doors, every building is usable.

Thanks for your feedback guys! :rocker:

Deathicael
Community Member

Re: [new layout Altis] From Kavala to Dionysios

Post#18 » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:46 pm

so after playing this map more I've come to a conclusion , this layout is placed like a epileptic seizure happened in the editor. Placing an MHQ without coming under direct fire from AT emplacements, Titans, or Vehicles is ... I cant even :banghead:. I dunno what the inspiration for this layout was but its just not good.

"Never attribute to Malice that which can easily be explained by Stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor :nuts:

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#19 » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:17 pm

Comparing someone else's work to "an epileptic seizure" is pretty offensive.

Please be more constructive with your feedback or keep it to yourself.

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#20 » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 9:11 am

Deathicael wrote:Placing an MHQ without coming under direct fire from AT emplacements, Titans, or Vehicles is ... I cant even :banghead:

So whats the problem?
Enemy AT Titan camper? Or enemy vehicles on hills? Thats the problem. Ez solution.
Kill that camper and blow up all vehicles then move mhqs.

If u team cant even deal with enemy campers then ur team just rly bad and deserve lose.
You team fail to deal with enemy campers and you blame layout for this hahahahahhahah Git Gud

Layout balanced. Yeah there lot of hills. So many spots for AT campers. But hills on both sides of layout. So all fair for both teams. All balanced cuz hills everywhere on each side of layout.

If enemy team camp with Titans AT on hills. Then u team can do same ^^ camp with AT on hills and kill all enemy mhqs. And then ur team can kill enemy campers. And then ur team can move mhqs. Anyways better team win. Better team = team who can understand what tactics needs to be used to win on such layout.
Maybe u just dont like when lot of AT campers on hills? hahaha thats why layout bad? Just cuz u scared of AT campers? hahahaha

I see balanced layout. Where map control very important. Very important to hold key positions with launchers. Its just part of gameplay on this layout. Whats wrong with this? Its just tactic what fit good to this layout. Ofc ppl use this tactic :) Why should not they?

If u dont like this layout just cuz u cant deal with enemy campers then pffffffffff

This layout balanced. But maybe this layout not for everyone taste :) cuz many hills.
But ppl vote for it. So looks like this layout fit good for taste of some ppl :)

I fail to see why this layout bad?
Maybe this layout bad just cuz Deathicael dont like AT campers? Valid reason ^^ hahahaha

This layout balanced cuz hills on both sides of layout. So both teams able to effectively camp with AT. So all fair :)
Q: How many liberals can figure out what 2+2= ? A: Zero, they just protest that it can be whatever it wants to be.

esfumato
Donator

Post#21 » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 11:00 am

MAP

This layout ... in my opinion everytime appears on the server stays there for a long time.

I liked better the older conections.

2 things that must be solved are OCC that is a complete block. should be possible to drive at least through the main road.
and Dead Curve should be cleared of vehicles or be done different.

In both objectives. When the buildings collapse block the road and is imossible to reach the flag and buy trucks in there to move out or to teleport somewhere else.

Also I would like to remove the bottle necks ... those objectives that must be captured to keep moving forward because makes the game pretty boring. Ppl dont go inside the objectives for capturing and they just go prone in the mountains and start repawn killing everyone.

https://stats.eutw.net/index.php?sessio ... eindex=220
https://stats.eutw.net/index.php?sessio ... eindex=280
https://stats.eutw.net/index.php?sessio ... eindex=140
https://stats.eutw.net/index.php?sessio ... ageindex=0

Just solve the destroyed buildings to block the acces to flags. And I should vote to change the connections.

MRabbit
Donator

Post#22 » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 10:20 pm

@Deathicael

Deathicael wrote:so after playing this map more I've come to a conclusion , this layout is placed like a epileptic seizure happened in the editor. Placing an MHQ without coming under direct fire from AT emplacements, Titans, or Vehicles is ... I cant even :banghead:. I dunno what the inspiration for this layout was but its just not good.

Well I don't understand what exactly is your problem?! I only see a problem in you playing with tactics and conversation with your teammates. I put hours of thinking and work into this layout, also I checked every critics and tried to change and improve my map to make it more likely to play. I got lots of good feedback. Bad feedback as well - but please be constructive and not some bullshit like "epileptic"... This is your second feedback on this thread/map, did you even read my answer to your first "comment"?
Btw my inspiration was to build a big map around the main road with some heavy points (Suburb, OCC, State Prison) to fight at and with not an fast end after only 1 hour, also with not only easy ways to get a point (tactics needed :cheers:) and so on.

For your memory:

MRabbit wrote:
Deathicael wrote:not a fan of this layout, sorry too tired to express any constructive criticism at this time

Thanks for giving "feedback" - but if you want something to change, you have to take some time to write an constructive comment. "not a fan of this layout" is something I don't care about :wave-1:

@Nyles

Nyles wrote:Comparing someone else's work to "an epileptic seizure" is pretty offensive.

Please be more constructive with your feedback or keep it to yourself.

Thanks. Nothing to add here.

@ Hazardous Mouse

Hazardous Mouse wrote:So whats the problem?
Enemy AT Titan camper? Or enemy vehicles on hills? Thats the problem. Ez solution.
Kill that camper and blow up all vehicles then move mhqs.

[...]

I fail to see why this layout bad?
Maybe this layout bad just cuz Deathicael dont like AT campers? Valid reason ^^ hahahaha

This layout balanced cuz hills on both sides of layout. So both teams able to effectively camp with AT. So all fair :)

Thanks. Nothing to add here.
Last edited by MRabbit on Mon 27 Mar, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MRabbit
Donator

Post#23 » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 10:35 pm

esfumato wrote:
[...]

This layout ... in my opinion everytime appears on the server stays there for a long time.

I liked better the older conections.

2 things that must be solved are OCC that is a complete block. should be possible to drive at least through the main road.
and Dead Curve should be cleared of vehicles or be done different.

In both objectives. When the buildings collapse block the road and is imossible to reach the flag and buy trucks in there to move out or to teleport somewhere else.

Also I would like to remove the bottle necks ... those objectives that must be captured to keep moving forward because makes the game pretty boring. Ppl dont go inside the objectives for capturing and they just go prone in the mountains and start repawn killing everyone.

[...]

Just solve the destroyed buildings to block the acces to flags. And I should vote to change the connections.

[...]

Hey esfumato, thanks for your comment!

- To the time that this layout is running on the servers: Well I wanted to make a large map that goes on for a while and not just 1-2 hours. I love the map "Pefkas Bay" - you probably know that too. This map goes sometimes a day from morning to evening on saturdays with great fights - my map should become something similar and I think my strategy worked here. I know not everybody likes it when a map stays for a long time... but my map was never empty, it was finished 90% of the times :)

- I had the same thoughts about OCC, that its really a block espacially when the buildings are down. I will take a look at it, thanks. I'll try to change that without losing the Custom Control design.

- Dead Curve is based on Altis Life problems... everyone in this curve died at least 1 time. The vehicles which are blocking the road also slows you guys down and dont die :drool: - I know the cars and trucks or the military vehicles can be confusing, but after 1 or 2 times you know they are just "objects". But I will also check that point for making it clearer!

- At the moment I dont want to change anything with the connections. I need more rounds where I play my own map to get a better feeling from both sides. But right now I guess it is ok that way, because my intention was to have "only" 3 points to have hard fights at (K Suburb, OCC, Prison)

Thanks esfumato

MRabbit
Donator

Post#24 » Mon 17 Apr, 2017 7:58 pm

Update 3:

NEW:
- Connection between NEGADES <---> FACTORY
(Added new map to main top post)
- some little optimizations

Note for ADMIN:
Please change the teams to Opfor vs Independent

Why did you do this MRabbit?
Most of the time the game is stuck at OCC and Kavala Suburb. I want to see if the changes will improve the gameplay.

MRabbit
Donator

Post#25 » Sun 19 Nov, 2017 3:06 pm

Update 4:

NEW:
- Updated the desing of almost every flag. Some flags are moved bit and some may have lots of new buildings
- New names like "Green Mile" (before EUTW State Prison) and Military Compound
- Pictures in top post updated

Why did you do this MRabbit?
'Cause this map had quite good feedback in the past - I thought a little fresh up could bring new actions to the map.

Note for ADMIN:
Can we have this layout back to the rotation? I haven't seen it for a while and the players liked it a lot.

+++ New mission.sqm uploaded. +++