[new layout Altis] Training Camp (Lite)

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
Hazardous Mouse
Banned

[new layout Altis] Training Camp (Lite)

Post#1 » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 10:37 am

Layout:Training Camp (Lite)
Author: Hazardous Mouse
Faction 1: opfor
Faction 2: independent
Description:
Final version of layout. With improved central flag.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/boqyujdxzrv0s ... n.sqm?dl=0

Training Camp

Left Frini flag and right Radar flag

Construction Site

Lt.Elvis style :)

Album with more pictures
http://imgur.com/a/z3lvl
Last edited by Hazardous Mouse on Mon 19 Dec, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Q: How many liberals can figure out what 2+2= ? A: Zero, they just protest that it can be whatever it wants to be.

void
EUTW Management

Re: [new layout] Training Camp (Lite)

Post#2 » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 10:39 am

Looks good!
Unix Time wrote:On 4 December 292,277,026,596 64-bit versions of the Unix time stamp would cease to work. This is not anticipated to pose a problem, as this is longer than the time it would take the Sun to expand to a red giant and swallow the Earth.

vicious
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#3 » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 10:55 am

Looks nice. Best part is the preflipped tank :D

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#4 » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 1:03 pm

Short 2 mins video about how Training Camp flag looks like
Q: How many liberals can figure out what 2+2= ? A: Zero, they just protest that it can be whatever it wants to be.

void
EUTW Management

Post#5 » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 1:24 pm

Very interesting layout, I am looking forward to try :)
The Training camp is something fresh in design, well done!

Just one small thing, how do the planks behave if you destroy the buildings?
You probably need to disable damage for those buildings to function properly.
Unix Time wrote:On 4 December 292,277,026,596 64-bit versions of the Unix time stamp would cease to work. This is not anticipated to pose a problem, as this is longer than the time it would take the Sun to expand to a red giant and swallow the Earth.

aTWar
Special Operations Management

Post#6 » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 1:34 pm

I like the idea of this but not a fan of the the act it's unrealistic... reminds me a bit of unreal tournament.

Might be worth toning it down a bit making it more logical... like using wooden planks. And only doing stuff that is physically possible...

Just my thoughts anyway. Play arma for the realistic immersion approach
T4H Arma 3 Units
REVELATION 6:8 "And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#7 » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 1:41 pm

void wrote:Very interesting layout, I am looking forward to try :)
The Training camp is something fresh in design, well done!

Just one small thing, how do the planks behave if you destroy the buildings?
You probably need to disable damage for those buildings to function properly.

Thx :)
I tested explosions on buidings. Planks destroying if c4 close enough. To some of the buildings planks fit very good even after buildings gets destroyed.
But ofc sometimes after i destroy some buildings planks like fly mid air. Not the best looking :)

"You probably need to disable damage for those buildings to function properly."
Yeah ill try do more test explosions to looks at what buildings would be better with disabled damage and what buildings can stay with damage on.

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#8 » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 1:49 pm

@War wrote:I like the idea of this but not a fan of the the act it's unrealistic... reminds me a bit of unreal tournament.

Its a training camp for spec ops/black ops forces :) They training for every possible combat situations :) even unrealistic :)

@War wrote:Might be worth toning it down a bit making it more logical... like using wooden planks. And only doing stuff that is physically possible...

wooden planks is tanoa objects. So i cant use them.
I use only things that i found. 8m planks from ghost hotel.

"And only doing stuff that is physically possible..."
Yeah i think i can tweak planks bit more. But problem that i picked up such place for flag ^^ with lot of trees :) Hard sometimes put decent realisticaly looking plank^^ with which u dont get stuck in threes ^^
And there only 8m planks. If only i can have 1m 2m 4m 6m 8m 10m variations of planks then ofc i can do everything very much better and realistic looking.
But there just 8m planks

And planks attached to each other and attached to buildings using military duct tape :)
With such good mili duct tape everything possible :)

"Just my thoughts anyway. Play arma for the realistic immersion approach"
Yeah thx for criticism :) Ill try improve this central flag. Anyways lot of time ahead before queue come closer to 14.12

void
EUTW Management

Post#9 » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 2:16 pm

I think the sector could be fun to fight for - the Planks are not that unrealistic, and not everything has to.
We have huge ships in some layouts on land or Blackfoot crashes next to each other ;)

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#10 » Wed 14 Dec, 2016 2:27 pm

void wrote:I think the sector could be fun to fight for - the Planks are not that unrealistic, and not everything has to.
We have huge ships in some layouts on land or Blackfoot crashes next to each other ;)

Yeah agree.

My priority r planks that provide good flow of movements. When character dont get stuck and dont fall down :)
So my priority list
1) good flow of movements
2) realistic looking

Ofc plank that lay on building roof looks better. But movenments not the best. Not that smooth.

But when plank go through roof. Models cross each other then yeah this looks not that realistic. But movenments way better.
And in fight more important is good movenments than cosmetic quality of looking

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#11 » Mon 19 Dec, 2016 3:15 pm

Final version of layout. With improved central flag. First post updated too
https://www.dropbox.com/s/boqyujdxzrv0s ... n.sqm?dl=0

Disabled damage on buildings and planks at central flag. Tweaked positions for most of the planks to provide better movenments.

Domi Duplex
Donator

Post#12 » Mon 19 Dec, 2016 3:39 pm

I am really looking forward to trying this. Well done, Mouse.

All those community layouts really bring a fresh wind into EUTW.
- Noise

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#13 » Sun 15 Jan, 2017 9:49 pm

Did you just select all the objects and disabled the simulation?

see this: https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 212#p46408

I know, some objects are working, but some objects are not.
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#14 » Tue 31 Jan, 2017 9:38 pm

Some changes:

The platforms at Training Camp will be destroyed if one of the supporting houses destroyed (enabled damage on all object there).
Some further simulation/simple object changes

uploaded new mission.sqm

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#15 » Wed 01 Feb, 2017 9:33 am

Nice solution with platforms at Training Camp. Thx :)

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#16 » Wed 01 Feb, 2017 8:38 pm

Let's just hope I didn't miss any of the platforms :D

Benjamin
EUTW Management

Post#17 » Wed 01 Feb, 2017 8:51 pm

That must be how Hummingbirds learn to fly :D

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#18 » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 4:30 pm

map is completely slanted to wherever starts on the northern side of the map. There is absolutely no cover for MHQ's to hide on the offense from the south and everything is completely open fields. The point "Hill" is a "Hillside" completely devoid of any cover or concealment and is just a giant kill zone for snipers and vehicles. I dont even understand the point of the over turned tank at road block or why the tanks are even there at all ...

Conclusion : Image
"Never attribute to Malice that which can easily be explained by Stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor :nuts:

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#19 » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 6:01 pm

Deathicael wrote:map is completely slanted to wherever starts on the northern side of the map. There is absolutely no cover for MHQ's to hide on the offense from the south and everything is completely open fields. The point "Hill" is a "Hillside" completely devoid of any cover or concealment and is just a giant kill zone for snipers and vehicles. I dont even understand the point of the over turned tank at road block or why the tanks are even there at all ...

Hill flag is supposed to be last flag for sudden death. So if SWbase team down to just one this flag "Hill" then this team deserve to be raped by snipers. So all simple. Dont lose other flags so u will not end up with just "Hill". Its just flag for sudden death. Just to finish enemy team. So its intentionaly with no covers. Forest flag dont have any cover too and its also flag for sudden death.
But all other flags damn have so many objects.
So this is done not by error but intentionaly. You dont like rape at last flag? But i like ^^ And i know some other guys who like such thing ^^

And about not enough spots for mhqs hahahah
Rly?
I played this round and i hunted mhqs a lot this round. All i can say ^^ just lol. ppl who hide enemy mhqs just cant fkn read map.

I blew emhq S of Training camp flag "MHQ1" on map. Who put mhq there. What a noob ^^ Map reading skill so bad. Not even 0. Negative level of map reading skills.

Best spots for mhq at Training Camp W, NW, N and NE. Blue painting on Map.
And there no any good spots S of Training camp flag.
But noobs from enemy team hide mhq S of Training Camp flag ^^ How silly is this.
There enough cover on N side. So why try hide mhq on S? S is so fkn bad to hide mhqs.

Same with Frini. Best spots around Frini is N and E.
Best spots around Radar is S and W.

But enemy team tried to hide mhqs on S of Frini ^^ Again map reading skills fkn 0.

You see green lines on Map. Its ways how ur team can move mhq to good positions. But no one did it. No one. Ppl simply hide mhq S from flags on damn empty fields lol

So when so bad noobs try hide mhqs S of Frini/Training Camp ^^ So what can i say ^^ Why not NW or why not E? Just Why??? Why so bad?

Blue painting is good spots for mhqs and its kinda balanced around line of symmetry.

And about Tanks on Roadblock flag ^^ I just "love"(sarcasm) how blu4 players all the time forgot to close tanks and then lose these tanks to enemy ^^
So i simply put couple closed tanks there ^^ haha
Why?
Blu4 dont close vehicles and then lose vehicles. So i placed 2 blu4 "CLOSED" vehicles on map haha
So at least some of the blu4 vehicles on EUTW servers stay closed haha
Its just joke about blu4 ^^ Not obviouse joke. But i dont care

Const Site have lot of high grass around. And Gas Station have some forest around. So here kinda good balanced.

Only unbalanced thing is Roadblock flag vs FOB flag. Roadblock flag have good covers for mhqs only S. When FOB have lot more good covers in all directions.
So maybe there sense to move Roadblock flag more N. And move Hill flag more N.

But all other flags kinda good.

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#20 » Wed 15 Feb, 2017 9:04 pm

Anyways thx for feedback, but i dont rly care about feedback for this particular layout for now :) cuz i want change a lot there.
I alredy got more than enough info of what wrong with this layout. So feedback wellcome anyways. But i wanna change a lot on this layout so feedback not rly needed for now. After changes when i upload new version then yeah feedback will be needed :)

I simply dont like what i see.
I played it 2 times and i dont like one damn thing about this layout.

So Training Camp Suposed to be main fight zone. Zone of most attention. But its not wotking like that.

Most of the players attention going to Frini and Radar ^^ cuz these 2 closer to basses. And these 2 flag r 2 flags what close to each other ^^ When Traning camp just one flag. So ppl rate Frini and Radar combo more than Training camp.
So as result ppl fight for Frini/Radar more than fight for Training Camp.
And i dont like this ^^ Cuz i want Training Camp be n1 flag on this layout.

So i will change this layout a lot. Only 3 flags will stay how its now prolly. Training camp, FOB and Const Site will stay. All others flags will be deleted and new flags will be made ^^

Ppl just care about Frini + Radar combo more than Training Camp ^^ I dont like this at all ^^

Tanks from roadblock will not be deleted ofc ^^ These tank ofc will be moved to some another flag ^^ Maybe some noobs will try unflip tank ^^ Who knows. Anywyas i dont see any problem with closed tanks on LITE layouts.
Its Lite layout so no one can buy tanks. So if u see tank then its just decotation.
If someone gets confused thinking that this is real tank ^^ then such damn noob must learn diference between Lite and Regular layouts ^^

aTWar
Special Operations Management

Post#21 » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 11:30 pm

Good design and good flag structure.

and nice choice of red v green. one of very few LITE layouts that actually result in a decent round length without having a stupid large Area of ops.

Nice
T4H Arma 3 Units
REVELATION 6:8 "And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."