[new layout Altis] Tip of Pyrgos

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
Helibert
Donator

[new layout Altis] Tip of Pyrgos

Post#1 » Sun 27 Nov, 2016 9:24 pm

Layout:Tip of Pyrgos
Author: Helibert
Faction 1: blufor
Faction 2: independent
Description:
Regular Layout
All placed Vegetation ( Trees and Bushes) are undestructible as they are spawned as SimpleObjects, it means you can shoot through them but trying to drive over or blow them up will not work. High Grass is can be walked and driven through also mhq blow up works and shoot through (tested with TRG)
The View of the Vegetaions from above looks kinda shit because the groundtextures are not made for treeplacement there meaning normal trees have darker earthy textures and it looks better from above. in 1st person view it looks good

Ruins

MilCamp without Vegetation
MilCamp with Vegetation

Construction Site without Vegetation
Construction Site with Vegetation

Construction Site View on Hill without Vegetation
Construction Site View on Hill with Vegetation

Slums without Vegetation
Slums with Vegetation

Slums View on Hill without Vegetation
Slums View on Hill with Vegetation

Graveyard without Vegetation
Graveyard with Vegetation

Graveyard Gourndview without Vegetation
Graveyard Gourndview with Vegetation

aTWar
Special Operations Management

Re: [new layout] Tip of Pyrgos

Post#2 » Sun 27 Nov, 2016 10:22 pm

Graveyard looks cool
T4H Arma 3 Units
REVELATION 6:8 "And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

aTWar
Special Operations Management

Post#3 » Sun 27 Nov, 2016 10:23 pm

Pier is going to be an immediate and busy focal point. Can we see a picture and is it interesting/covered enough?
T4H Arma 3 Units
REVELATION 6:8 "And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Helibert
Donator

Post#4 » Sun 27 Nov, 2016 10:33 pm

i did not added anything there as there is plenty of stuff like ruins houses burgershops

vicious
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#5 » Sun 27 Nov, 2016 11:28 pm

How do you add vegetation to the area? In the EDEN editor i can only find rocks, nothing else.
Do you use a mod for the editor? If yes i think your layout will not work. Correct me if im wrong admins.

Helibert
Donator

Post#6 » Sun 27 Nov, 2016 11:43 pm

Some work went into this. First off no mods were used so this will work hopefully.
Basically:
invisible helipad
spawn simpleobject in init with path to tree/bush/grass on position of helipad
add z value to get it to the right height (tested out for every object)
set random dir
save everything into composition
If this works i can give Gippo my compositions files and he can add it to the layout editor so everyone has access to it.
Some Downsides : as mentioned above they are not destroyable. you cant drive over them.
for every asset there is invisble helipad. i dont know how much this will affect perfomance. maybe it is possible to make a script that deletes every invisible helipad ( only the ones with the assets dont know if any other are placed within eutw mission creation) after the placement is completed on mission load. that would probably help with the perfomance. Or maybe even a deleteVehicle _this; at the end of the init will suffice

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#7 » Mon 28 Nov, 2016 12:05 am

what are the classname for bushes and stuff?

Helibert
Donator

Post#8 » Mon 28 Nov, 2016 12:13 am

They do not have a classname

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#9 » Mon 28 Nov, 2016 12:52 am

"Deletevehicle this" is good after the code.
I will look into it, if it's not causing any issues, I'm fine with it. (hope you made it server only)
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#10 » Sun 15 Jan, 2017 9:41 pm

Repositioned the service points at the airports (they shouldn't be directly there where the planes spawn)
Rotated AA defense in the western airport, because it looks better than the default north facing angle.
Repositioned the UAV service point from the non-airport runway, because a service point directly on the runway (facing north - someone was lazy) is not good, because there might be other players who went to land their drones.

Fixed the helipad scripts, so they will only run on the servers and also deletes the helipads after the creation of vegetation.

simple object off -> camo net
simple object on -> stacks of pallets and bricks, coils, pipes, concrete pipes, toilet box, cinder blocks, wooden boxes and logs, wooden cart

Locked the solar towers' door and put a pallet (instead of container) on the doors. Server will delete pallets if the towers are destroyed. (someone doesn't like snipers :D )

I think there are waaay too many objects, but we will see how it performs.

Uploaded mission.sqm

Helibert
Donator

Post#11 » Sun 15 Jan, 2017 9:57 pm

where can i download the uploaded sqm? i don't see it in my first post. I would like to add the additions for the helipads to my compositions as i was unsure how the eutw servers handle certain things.
I really hope the mission performs well, because the placement of trees and vegetation would drastically improve some issues with open layouts

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#12 » Sun 15 Jan, 2017 10:09 pm

It's not EUTW related really. It just needs to be multiplayer compatible (so not every player who joins will place a bush at those positions)

You should see it at the end of your first post. As far as I know, not sure how Benjamin set up the rights.

Helibert
Donator

Post#13 » Sun 15 Jan, 2017 10:17 pm

In my forgotten lakatoro thread i see the sqm. here not.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#14 » Sun 15 Jan, 2017 10:31 pm

Check now!

Helibert
Donator

Post#15 » Sun 15 Jan, 2017 10:37 pm

:bigthumb:
It works!

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Re: [new layout Altis] Tip of Pyrgos

Post#16 » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:48 am

I played long balanced round on this layout :) Was fun. Well made.

https://stats.eutw.net/index.php?sessio ... ageindex=0
wtf blu4 bought 25 birds ^^

I saw some good players rage quit ^^ just cuz connections structure.
Ppl leave with words "this team so stupid. all fkn round they attack unconnected flags. fuck this" and they dc.
And i understand these guys.

On start of round some ppl spawn at ruins to attack Dorida. And both mhqs go SW. So all sounds good :)
One mhq to milcamp thats good :) but another mhq to Church ^^ We need attack Pier. But these guys move mhq to Church.
Just bs moves all fkn round ^^ right from fkn start ^^ So i move this mhq to Pier ^^ But these guys alredy in circle of Church ^^ And they dont care to move to Pier. So ofc enemy captured Pier. But this is just small bs if compare to what i saw next ^^

Ppl all the fkn time spawn on Construction Site and going to attack Mine. When fkn Mine unconnected ^^
And ppl from enemy team spawn on Mine to fkn defend it hahahhahah
Our flags going down and need defence buy our team want attack Mine ^^

This layout good and fun but to play it without damage to nerves ^^ u need ppl who can read map. Otherwise this layout good to train "rage quit" technique.
Q: How many liberals can figure out what 2+2= ? A: Zero, they just protest that it can be whatever it wants to be.

rhino
Community Member

Post#17 » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:24 am

Some people on the the green side complaining about easy camping of green airfield by blufor due to green airfield location near blufor base.

Helibert
Donator

Post#18 » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 3:13 pm

rhino wrote:Some people on the the green side complaining about easy camping of green airfield by blufor due to green airfield location near blufor base.

Thx for the feedback will look into it.

Hazardous Mouse wrote:I played long balanced round on this layout :) Was fun. Well made.
This layout good and fun but to play it without damage to nerves ^^ u need ppl who can read map. Otherwise this layout good to train "rage quit" technique.

Thx. Well of course you need people who can read the map.

Hazardous Mouse wrote:I saw some good players rage quit ^^ just cuz connections structure.
Ppl leave with words "this team so stupid. all fkn round they attack unconnected flags. fuck this" and they dc.
And i understand these guys.

Sad to hear, but to be honest it is not the layouts fault, if people can't read the map. If people are new and don't know how the gamemode works, you have to educate them, put markers "Can't Attack / Respawn pls". Put a marker to the current hotzone "Attack Here". There are no unclear/overlapping connections. People can of course decide to just ignore it. Cant help with that, or as you always put it "cuz freedom". To counter it we can just do linear layouts like Eightball or Frontline.. One Flag at a time. But i dont like it. On the other Hand Double Helix is a good example: Basically a Circle Layout with two frontlines which are entangled. Still some people can't figure out which one to attack.

Hazardous Mouse wrote:Ppl all the fkn time spawn on Construction Site and going to attack Mine. When fkn Mine unconnected ^^
And ppl from enemy team spawn on Mine to fkn defend it hahahhahah
Our flags going down and need defence buy our team want attack Mine ^^

Can't argue with that.
People are to much into stats and kills instead of mission/goal

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#19 » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 4:16 pm

I agree with everything u said.
But i disagree with one thing.
"you have to educate them"

Learn to play is responsibility of each player. If they dont know how to play then they can learn it. Its thats fkn ez ^^
If they dont want learn then its ok ^^ its just their choice. I dont care about such players.

But educate them? ffs its transfer of responsibility.

Put responsibility on skilled guys. So skilled guys should educate new guys. This is just bs ^^
I can understand when skilled guys educate new guys when they all part of one clan.
If ppl part of one clan then yeah its responsibility on skilled guys to educate new guys.

But educate random players who will dc after round ends ^^ And then u will never see them again on servers. lol its just waste time. Its just fkn 0 ROI.

Yeah ofc its not layout problem when ppl fail to read map. I agree with this :)
Its ez to understand :) Its just pure common sense :)

But if u think a bit deeper than common sense ^^ u will see that at the end as result ppl may start hate ur layout. Just cuz ppl get annoyed to see bs moves (attack on unconnected flag etc)

And ofc layout is wrong thing to blame. Its just layout ^^ Layout dont do errors :)
But ppl who doing errors and bs moves r right targets to blame ^^
But you know ^^ we just humans :) we love to find scapegoat.
And connections structure is just scapegoat.
Personaly i like to blame ppl ^^ But some other good players maybe prefer to blame scapegoat (connections structure)
And some of them alredy did it in VON.

Ppl forgot to defend even on Eightball layout when all flags in one line ^^
No reason simplify layouts just to pleasure lowskills players :) Its just silly way to nowhere.

Your layout looks balanced. And its fun to play :) at least for me. Cant say for others :)
But some ppl will try find scapegoat anyways.

But imo its just fine ^^
This community love scapegoats. Blu4 lose cuz MX color, give black MX to blu4 ^^ or blu4 lose cuz BFoot better than Kajman haha old topics ^^
I had read many bs on this forum where ppl prefer to blame things ^^ and avoid to blame lack of skills/knowledge ^^ So for me its no surprise that some ppl talk bs about ur layout in VON.
Q: How many liberals can figure out what 2+2= ? A: Zero, they just protest that it can be whatever it wants to be.

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#20 » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:24 pm

dont know if anyone has stated this before but the drive time for indy is way longer to get to the fight with an MHQ also Blu has a direct path to the Indy airfield as Indy has to pass by the Blu base to get to theirs if they want to camp it. You should move the Indy airfield to the south of the indy base.
"Never attribute to Malice that which can easily be explained by Stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor :nuts:

Helibert
Donator

Post#21 » Sun 26 Mar, 2017 9:29 pm

Both traveltimes for each team from base to either graveyard or Dorida are the same ( taking the direct way over roads... if you have to take alternative routes because of ambushes or mines is another thing).

So you suggest to move for team east the airfield to the south. But this airport should not be used.

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#22 » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 2:49 am

Why cant the southern airfield be used? The indy airfield is constantly being raped every time I play this map its nearly impossible to keep jets up and running with blue capable of doing a bee line to indy airfield with no resistance. So what other option is there besides changing to map to lite so this doesnt happen?
"Never attribute to Malice that which can easily be explained by Stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor :nuts:

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#23 » Mon 27 Mar, 2017 7:54 am

The SE airfield does not support all aircraft well enough.

Possible alternatives are the airfield slightly SW from the main airport and the one in the far NE. All other airfields are crap to land/start and should be avoided (besides main airfield and salt lake that is.)