[new layout] NARCOS ISLAND

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
vicious
PVP Warfare Admin

[new layout] NARCOS ISLAND

Post#1 » Mon 07 Nov, 2016 12:46 pm

Layout: NARCOS ISLAND
Author: vicious
Faction 1: blufor
Faction 2: independent
Description&images: https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f=156&t=5152

Last edited by vicious on Wed 23 Nov, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MarkoCRO
PVP Warfare Admin

Re: [new layout] NARCOS ISLAND

Post#2 » Mon 07 Nov, 2016 1:02 pm

this looks fun layout, not to small not to big

Sheriff
Community Member

Post#3 » Mon 07 Nov, 2016 3:15 pm

looks amazing this kinda layouts we need there is too many big layouts travel times are long i hate it

Sheriff
Community Member

Post#4 » Mon 07 Nov, 2016 6:28 pm

Btw this dream map for pawnee 5/5

vicious
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#5 » Sat 10 Dec, 2016 11:45 am

Updated version

File: https://cloud.airsoft-military-news.com ... 8OyGRBLdKD
Password: EUTW2016!

Changelog

- Deleted items in cargo box on Narcos Comm
- Jeeps at Narcos Comm are now usable
- Optimized location of AA defense base

Question: I get the error that one or more objects are too close to HQ. But as you can see there is nothing in the area of the HQs. Bug in editor?

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#6 » Sat 10 Dec, 2016 12:36 pm

vicious wrote:
Question: I get the error that one or more objects are too close to HQ. But as you can see there is nothing in the area of the HQs. Bug in editor?

The base circle adjusts dynamically. This message means that this circle got too small.. Then again, it's not causing any technical problem, rather gameplay problems.

It's always the smaller distance from one of the HQ's. This time it's Checkpoint and HQ faction 1.

If you cannot really make it bigger distance, you can ignore that. I really just created that rule to avoid people ignoring everything they know about PVP Warfare and creating HQs so close to the objectives that the middle and outer circle disappears.

A question:
How would you land your UAV at the UAV service point you placed?

edit: btw you can enable the simulation on the civilian vehicles. If you really want them not to be usable (and not damagable), use simple object. It's a better solution.

edit2: what you really might consider making simple is objects like stack of pallets, boxes, etc. They are physics enabled and disabling physics on them can save up some performance.
If an object is placed with a grey icon, they are simple objects by default (static objects) no need to disable simulation on them.

see this: https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 212#p46408

edit3: also, disabling simulation/simple object will case the object to be invulnerable. So when you place a camouflage net with these settings, you are basically creating an undestroyable shield around the area, which is not expected by the players IMO.
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

vicious
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#7 » Sat 10 Dec, 2016 1:12 pm

Thanks for the explanation. I will edit my layouts and consider this in future layouts.

HaseDesTodes
Donator

Post#8 » Sat 10 Dec, 2016 5:22 pm

GiPPO wrote:edit3: also, disabling simulation/simple object will case the object to be invulnerable. So when you place a camouflage net with these settings, you are basically creating an undestroyable shield around the area, which is not expected by the players IMO.

are you sure this is so?
i tested the castle towers of my Fortress (in that layout) for destruction, and even though they were simble objects (maybe even sim disabled) i could blow them up with c4

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#9 » Sat 10 Dec, 2016 7:04 pm

HaseDesTodes wrote:
GiPPO wrote:edit3: also, disabling simulation/simple object will case the object to be invulnerable. So when you place a camouflage net with these settings, you are basically creating an undestroyable shield around the area, which is not expected by the players IMO.

are you sure this is so?
i tested the castle towers of my Fortress (in that layout) for destruction, and even though they were simble objects (maybe even sim disabled) i could blow them up with c4

Yeah, also saw vehicles being damaged with simulation disabled - but not destroyed normally. I think they've changed something, it was this way before. I may spreading false information here, need to actually test everything and write those up.

Anyways, I think you should either use simple object or nothing at all. The only exception I've found is the portable lights. The light doesn't work if they are simple objects, but do if you just disable the simulation and enable the lights with scripting.

I think it's really should be a question on objects with physics simulation as they can waste the most performance. The others should stay as it is IMO.

Hazardous Mouse
Banned

Post#10 » Sat 10 Dec, 2016 7:18 pm

I tested on concern fence and on some buidings :)

So fence
1) Simulation enable check and simple object uncheck. When u hit it with truck then u see it fall and good animation.
2) Simulation enable uncheck and simple object uncheck. When u hit it with truck then u see it fall and but no animation :) its kinda teleporting from normal position to fallen position. Looks ugly ^^
3) Simulation enable uncheck and simple object check. When u hit it with truck then wall dont care and stay untouchable.

So imo for buidings with doors and glasses on windows 2nd option is good enough. Doors working but no any hit by truck simulation ^^ You anywyas dont need it buiding anywyas dont care if u hit it with truck.
And building recive damage with c4 and rpg with options 1 and 2. When 3 option then buidling dont care about damage.

For fences needs 1st option. 2nd working but its looks just too ugly. But maybe its ugly but better performance.

So as i understand.

Simulation enable check/uncheck is Simulation of physical hit that u can do by vehicles.
When check then u see good animation, when uncheck then u see bad animation or nothing.
Simple object check/uncheck is damage by guns/explosions and doors animations
Q: How many liberals can figure out what 2+2= ? A: Zero, they just protest that it can be whatever it wants to be.

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#11 » Mon 12 Dec, 2016 9:50 pm

Fixing and putting up on rotation.

Deathicael
Community Member

Post#12 » Fri 10 Mar, 2017 7:33 pm

Firing range is a desolate and horrible point not only to attack but to defend its nothing but a bowl in a valley with no cover at all. You should really consider putting in some H-walls at least. Also Guerrilla camp is just a completely unnecessary point and is to close to military base allowing any team who owns it to instantly retaliate if mil base gets attacked. It also prevents any use of the north end of the island for hiding an MHQ.
"Never attribute to Malice that which can easily be explained by Stupidity" - Hanlon's Razor :nuts:

Lukas
Donator

Post#13 » Sun 01 Oct, 2017 4:01 pm

Played the layout for the first time today. And I have to say, I quite like it.
What bugs me is, that at the south base, boats can be bought and directly placed in the water, which is not true for the north base.

vicious
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#14 » Thu 05 Oct, 2017 2:46 pm

Thanks for the feedback Lukas. Im currently working on new layouts.
I will fix this issue asap and provide a new file. :cheers:

vicious
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#15 » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 12:39 pm

OK guys. I did a update on firing range. So i hope this layout is now much more enjoyable for both sides.
Here is a short video as a preview. I hope Gippo can check the file asap and we can bring it live on the server.
Tell me your thoughts. :cheers:

PS: The height of the sand is already fixed