[Question] Layout creation basic info

Discussion, Help, and Mission Presentation forum for the PVP Warfare Mission Tool
MarkoCRO
PVP Warfare Admin

[Question] Layout creation basic info

Post#1 » Thu 03 Nov, 2016 1:50 am

1) When placing flags on map and when editing name for flag should we numerize the flag before name or that is done serverside?
2) When placed rearm/repair point and wanted to fast place H-Barriers around it to protect i noticed there is no custom made composition by EUTW for that, this would shorten work on layout creators, i would make composition with no problem, but would you update it on addon? :)
3) How to know when is to much custom placed objects on map?
4) I made layout and want to live test it, will there be server for quick testing of layouts?

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Re: [Question] Layout creation basic info

Post#2 » Thu 03 Nov, 2016 7:33 pm

1) When placing flags on map and when editing name for flag should we numerize the flag before name or that is done serverside?

Nope, just the name.

2) When placed rearm/repair point and wanted to fast place H-Barriers around it to protect i noticed there is no custom made composition by EUTW for that, this would shorten work on layout creators, i would make composition with no problem, but would you update it on addon? :)

Maybe, we haven't agreed on a default composition. If we did, we would need to review all our layouts though :D Or make it backwards compatible by turning them off if data is not found for that.

3) How to know when is to much custom placed objects on map?

Code: Select all

//All 3DEN entities
count ((all3DENEntities select 0));

//ALL simulation enabled/ not simple object
count ((all3DENEntities select 0) select {((((_x get3DENAttribute "enablesimulation") select 0)) && {!((_x get3DENAttribute "objectissimple") select 0)}) });

//ALL physics enabled 3den entities
count ((all3DENEntities select 0) select {((tolower(gettext (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeof _x >> "simulation"))) find "x") > -1});

//ALL physics enabled 3den entities which are simulation enabled / not simple object - so not physics enabled anymore
count (((all3DENEntities select 0) select {((tolower(gettext (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeof _x >> "simulation"))) find "x") > -1}) select {((((_x get3DENAttribute "enablesimulation") select 0)) && {!((_x get3DENAttribute "objectissimple") select 0)}) });

I haven't thought of a number limit or something, but if you have like 100 physics enabled entities, it might be a bit much.
I think you shouldn't go over 400 entities.
Then again, there has been some shenanigans in our performance monitoring as well. A layout with a lot of objects performed significantly better than one with less objects even after solving some culprits (bohemia has some scripts which doesn't consider server environment, so it runs object animation script on all machines... )

I will probably include a counter in the addon for these values.

4) I made layout and want to live test it, will there be server for quick testing of layouts?

Quick testing? No. Running community maps, yes.

edit: I mean, we could fire up a test server, but I did that for Special Ops and I might not want to do this with a lot of layout creator wanting to test stuff all the time. Real testing would be with players anyways.
If the addon shows no problems, ideally it won't have any technical problems on server side as well. Unless, I f-ed up something, but nothing we cannot fix. Right now we need to manually add the slots, but in the future, our tool will make that for us automatically, so we would just need to copy it over our working folder and done. (maybe check naming and shit, but that's all)
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"

MarkoCRO
PVP Warfare Admin

Post#3 » Thu 03 Nov, 2016 8:27 pm

Okay thanks for input, need to review layout i made and hopefully upload tonight :)
P.s. : in case of more questions of similar type il post here, no need for new thread :)

esfumato
Donator

Post#4 » Fri 03 Mar, 2017 2:22 pm

Again the same. This should be pinned at the begining of the forums. I was coming here to ask the same.

CertainDeath
Community Member

Post#5 » Thu 03 Aug, 2017 12:40 am

from an other topic:
Kalithea: objects on the building (bunker, sandbags) will be automatically deleted if the supporting building is destroyed.

how did you do that?
can we make a list of such basic scripts, which may be useful to eutw community layouts, and pin it somewhere?
OPT: CSAT SQL of Recon Squad "Bravo"
http://www.operation-pandora.de/

GiPPO
EUTW Management

Post#6 » Thu 03 Aug, 2017 7:58 pm

CertainDeath wrote:from an other topic:
Kalithea: objects on the building (bunker, sandbags) will be automatically deleted if the supporting building is destroyed.

how did you do that?
can we make a list of such basic scripts, which may be useful to eutw community layouts, and pin it somewhere?

Yeah, I will probably do something like that. Maybe even implementing it into the addon. :)
"If It Isn't Documented, It Doesn't Exist"