Squad (fps)

GanzinoDaSigna
Donator

Re: Squad (fps)

Post#26 » Thu 07 Jan, 2016 4:55 pm

:drool: The building system is nice and require a good teamwork to make it worth.
Many of the feature you listed are on schedule for developing or fixing; some are not included, as far as I know.
BTW, we must consider it is still in Alpha and it will be changing for the next 2 years, but is a nice game to play even if is just in Early Access.

For sure better things are to come in the next months; I'm looking forward to see the vehicles :drool:

Since some game mechanics are not of immediate comprehension, here is the link for the official Squad manual:
http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/4766-the-squad-user-manual/
It worth having a look to it
Chance favors the prepared mind

Eshnala
Community Member

Post#27 » Thu 07 Jan, 2016 5:43 pm

Well yeah, i know its in EA and there are more features to come, but that is exactly why i think the game is way to overpriced. If it would be 10-15€ it would currently be good value for its price, but not at 36€ ...

MUR Steve
Community Member

Post#28 » Thu 07 Jan, 2016 6:30 pm

I kinda agree with ALL of you. it IS expensive for an Alpha, and there are not as many features as ARMA, but then again, its IS Alpha, and ARMA isn't, which kinda implies that squad could/will have more added to it, where as ARMA is probably never going to have any more game changing features (like VIOP that works) added at this stage. BUT the features it does have are done very well. FPS & graphics look lovely, the particle effects, grenade explosions etc. look AMAZING, and I've never played a game with sound as good as squad. Listening to what is going on around you becomes almost as important as looking in the tight compounds you tend to find yourself in. Further to that, the game play is very tight, obviously squad based, and super immerse. I've never actually spoken to so many of the people I was playing with before this game. By all means, you CAN go off and be a lone wolf and not play as part of a squad, so your not dependant on hanging around with people who may be being annoying, but you wont be ANY where near as effective, no matter how good (you think) you are.

And for you EUTW guys who love this, slightly more serious game mode / team focused play / approach to FPS's in general,honestly guys, I think the vast majority of you will FUCKING LOVE this game.

Don't get me wrong, its not an easy game, the learning curve is dam near vertical, there are bugs, it looks a lot like ARMA so its super frustrating when you cant do the things in squad you would do without thinking in ARMA, and if you think what passes for base-rape in EUTW is bad, squad will probably make some of you break things, but FUCK guys, when you do get that lucky run, get up behind a squad and waste them with a single mag (the damage models are REAL), its will feel better than anything you ever did in ARMA.

After we wore out our welcome here, Squad is where most of MUR ended up.. We have been playing for long enough to have started to understand not just the game play, but the mechanics. We would be HAPPY to show the "veterans" how to CQB. :)
And its OK guys, there aren't any AH's in game yet, so its safe to come out to play. :p

TLDR: Squad is halfway between ARMA & Battlefield, but more hardcore than either. It looks and sounds lovely, but IS expensive for an EA, and is still young and doesn't have the same level of features ARMA players are used to.

Buy if: You like the team/squad play aspect of ARMA. You like CQB craziness. You like tactical game play.

Don't buy if: You hate bugs. You are a lone wolf who doesn't enjoy team play. You doesn't like being told what to do by a leader.

TLaw

crogeek
Banned

Post#29 » Thu 07 Jan, 2016 6:52 pm

GanzinoDaSigna wrote:I just found out that EUTW will host a Squad server.
Well done guys!

I hope to see some of the "usual suspects" next match I play ;)

YEEES EUTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUU - amazing news, so people really if ANYONE bought the game add me up on Steam that we can populate server now!!!
And btw I am really happy about those news <3
This is AMAZING!!!

Eshnala
Community Member

Post#30 » Thu 07 Jan, 2016 7:28 pm

MUR Steve wrote:TLDR: Squad is halfway between ARMA & Battlefield, but more hardcore than either. It looks and sounds lovely, but IS expensive for an EA, and is still young and doesn't have the same level of features ARMA players are used to.

I disagree here: Arma can be a lot more hardcore and realistic with just a few mods. Same goes for the sound.

The thing i do like in squad tho: it has a working supression system which makes sort of sense and is not too over the top.

MUR Steve
Community Member

Post#31 » Thu 07 Jan, 2016 8:36 pm

Eshnala wrote:
MUR Steve wrote:TLDR: Squad is halfway between ARMA & Battlefield, but more hardcore than either. It looks and sounds lovely, but IS expensive for an EA, and is still young and doesn't have the same level of features ARMA players are used to.

I disagree here: Arma can be a lot more hardcore and realistic with just a few mods. Same goes for the sound.

The thing i do like in squad tho: it has a working supression system which makes sort of sense and is not too over the top.

A lot more realist than it is, or than squad is?

And besides, key word there was 'Mod'.

With a mod, I can fly a star wars speeder... :)

Eshnala
Community Member

Post#32 » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 12:36 am

MUR Steve wrote:
Eshnala wrote:

A lot more realist than it is, or than squad is?

Both.

Well, mods have always been the strong side of any arma game and any game that has mod support has just so much more potential. So i dont see it as a downside, but rather the opposite.

MUR Steve
Community Member

Post#33 » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 5:28 pm

Yeah, and on paper I agree with you.
Any game that can be radically changed through the use of mod(s) has to be a good thing right?
In reality thou, I would generally prefer not to be running mods, but that's only based on my own experience. I'm getting grumpy in my old age, and have less and less time for 'pissing about' with mods, I've spent more time trying to fix mods, particularly on ARMA, than I've ever spent fixing probably every game I've ever played put together.
You have to admit, it would be lovely if all the mods you are used to on ARMA were part of the build...

MUR Steve
Community Member

Post#34 » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 5:29 pm

In fact, thinking about it, it almost surprises me some arnt. Thinking about some of the sound mods, and maybe CBA?

eye_socket
Donator

Post#35 » Fri 08 Jan, 2016 7:14 pm

I've gotten too used to low ping servers for squad. It'll take some convincing to go back to 160 or so ping.

Benjamin
EUTW Management

Post#36 » Tue 26 Jan, 2016 2:41 pm

I bought Squad cause screenshots and video convinced me and I wanted to try something more difficult than Arma.

My thoughts:
- I was really disappointed by graphism, it doesn't look good on my 1440p monitor. I found the 2D rear-landscape horrible, he remind me playstation 1 games.
- Game is really hard, ennemies can be very well hidden and you have no chance to see them before they shoot you. Also, base raping seems the way to play it.
- Sound is great, ballistics and particles effects seem realistics.

After 2 hours of game, I realized that I will take pleasure only if I spend many hours of training with a bunch of available friends. Since this is not gonna happen, I asked Steam to refund the game.

crogeek
Banned

Post#37 » Tue 26 Jan, 2016 3:36 pm

Graphic isn't the no1 thing in my opinion, gameplay and game mechanics are.
Base raping is a common thing on unrestricted servers, so I don't see the problem here at all.
Game has potential to be Arma's good alternative if you ask me.
Wait until they make jets, armors, and scrip-table mods + custom servers as well. Game is still alpha, pre-alpha so I can't judge the game jet.

FraggySF
Donator

Post#38 » Thu 12 May, 2016 10:09 pm

It looks promising and i´m almost in, but i´ve read much about compatibility issues with AMD cpus (bad framerates etc.)
Has anybody experienced such issues???

crogeek
Banned

Post#39 » Sun 15 May, 2016 4:35 pm

This is problem of Unreal engine by itself - newest Unreal engine doesn't like AMD CPUs.
And AMD rigs have substantial lower fps - but Squad devs tried to fix that in latest patches - but I don't know if they have succeeded in that. I play on Intel rig.

FraggySF
Donator

Post#40 » Wed 18 May, 2016 10:59 pm

Okay, so i have to wait till (if) they get this sorted :x
Or maybe i´ll switch back to an intel cpu anyway....

Baret
Community Member

Post#41 » Thu 26 May, 2016 7:05 pm

A new Alpha version is out: http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=98
Looks like they tackled the AMD CPU stuff:
changelog wrote:We've implemented a Low Quality sounds toggle in the Game Settings on top of general cleaning up of the soundscape, which should help many users with poor audio performance on AMD CPU hardware, as well as in general. If you are having very low FPS with AMD CPU systems, turn on Low Quality Sounds and you should see a nice performance bump. We actively encourage those that do have AMD CPU hardware to try this new update out, and to provide with us feedback on your play experience.

FraggySF
Donator

Post#42 » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 6:56 pm

I´ll take a look as soon as i´m done with Total War Warhammer ;)

Nyles
EUTW Management

Post#43 » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 7:06 pm

You know as good as anyone else that you are never truly done with a Total War game. :D

FraggySF
Donator

Post#44 » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 8:56 pm

Maybe you could add some axes or hammers with the next update. So the conversion back to Arma would be easier :D

crogeek
Banned

Post#45 » Sat 11 Jun, 2016 4:04 pm

Stick to the topic please.