I'm on mobile right now so I keep it short. I will update the original post with more info later today.
- There will be no respawn in PvP
- Limited respawn during the Coop Campaign (probably in waves, more details soon)
- Coop gives us the ability to play large-scale Company-sized sessions when we have enough players
- There will be premade player slots with fixed loadout. Everyone is allowed to fill any role. (Helicopter roles will be limited to those who can actually fly)
- PvP will probably be limited to the standard fireteam-squadleader-command platoon layout with additional special roles like MMG, MAT, etc in scenarios where this makes sense
- COOP will feature a wide variety of roles including CAS, FAC/FO, Mortar, Sniper team, etc
- There will be no flags
- PvP objectives will be mainly Attack/Defend a certain area in the beginning. For the future I can imagine a wide variety of different objective types
- The coop campaign will feature dynamic objectives. One mission will affect the next one and so on.
- AI for the coop campaign is a big concern for me as well. But I'm confident that I can tweak it so that is both challenging and fair.
I will write more about objectives and roles when I'm home.
“If I was stranded on an island and the only way to get off was to make a pretty UI, I'd die there.”
- Linus Torvalds