EUTW Special Operation Events Info/Applications

Public Section of Special Operations for Applications, Questions and Answers
trnapster
Community Member

EUTW Special Operation Events Info/Applications

Post#1 » Fri 10 Jul, 2015 8:37 pm

Dear SO Community,

It is with deep forethought, and no small amount of regret, that I announce that EUTW - Special operations will be going into a period of hibernation for the foreseeable future effective from Monday 21st December.

I would like to thank everyone involved; from the community that have been so vocal in helping us develop, through to the members of SO Staff we recruited and have helped form our community. Each and everyone of you have contributed in some form and I very much hope to see you all back in the new year when we re-launch.

Many thanks,

-[EUTW]- trnapster & -[EUTW-SO]- @War

Hidden Text
Note: EUTW Special Operations is a branch of EUTW that is outside of the PVP Warfare project

What is EUTW Special Operations?
- Special Operations is a custom Arma 3 group where different players are presented with different scenarios every week from PVP and Co-op.
- There will be a modset that everyone needs to have. This will probably at least contain ACRE, ACE and RHS.

Requirements to Join?
- Minimum age is 18
- Desire to play with mature players in a tactical fashion
- Arma 3
- Teamspeak 3, Microphone and no problem using both

When do these events happen?
Our main session is every Week Sunday 20:00 CET
We also have a session every week on Wednesday where we test new stuff. No fixed time though.

What is the Application Process?
- Just reply to this thread to join
- I'll add you to a separate Group with access to an internal forum section

What is expected of me as a player?
- Attending the session or giving me a notice via the forums beforehand if you can't
- If you want you can help me create scenarios for the others to play
- Please note all first time players MUST join AN HOUR earlier to check their mod setup and for basic training in mod functions.
- if you are new and don't turn up for Basic an hour early there is a chance we will not allow you to join that event and you will be kicked.

Special Operations Mod Information
“If I was stranded on an island and the only way to get off was to make a pretty UI, I'd die there.”
- Linus Torvalds

aTWar
Special Operations Management

Re: Regular Closed Scenario Events

Post#2 » Fri 10 Jul, 2015 11:08 pm

Yes mate. Not played with you yet but like the idea and clarity in the post.

Count me in please.

I used to run events like this (on Xbox though) for a veteran/service men community of 300+ so will happily Eli coordinate or organise as you see fit. My steam ID is name as here.

Rich
T4H Arma 3 Units
REVELATION 6:8 "And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

trnapster
Community Member

Post#3 » Fri 10 Jul, 2015 11:19 pm

Nice to hear. You'll get more information in the private subforum once I've set it up. When we hit ~10-15 guys signed up we can start with the first event I think... Below that doesn't really make much sense

Just to clarify. I want to create the sessions Shacktac-like at first. However I'm free for suggestions from everyone involved. You want to play a certain scenario? I can probably create it.
“If I was stranded on an island and the only way to get off was to make a pretty UI, I'd die there.”
- Linus Torvalds

stroke
Donator

Post#4 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 12:54 am

I like the idea, I'm in.

Regards.

Nordic_Harold
Community Member

Post#5 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 3:25 am

This sounds great to me, as long as there is either no respawn or else wave respawn every 30 minutes. I have been looking for opportunities to participate in "Shack Tactical" like sessions for quite a while. I think the biggest problems on the public servers are a lack of leadership structure and a lack of tactical maneuvering.

I don't like playing against the AI because it's unrealistic and teaches players bad habits such as: never use concealment, never worry about being flanked, expect to get shot through bushes and trees, etc.)

I'm already signed up for the whitelist server. Consider this a signup for the ShackTac like sessions. Thanks.

Lixom
Community Member

Post#6 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 10:40 am

Great idea!
Gameplay on EUTW public servers are very fun and expect this to be even better with some coordination and fun mods.
:armed:

zef
Community Member

Post#7 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 10:47 am

Count me in

Baret
Community Member

Post#8 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 11:08 am

nice to hear napster! i'm looking forward for this! i'm totally in :D

aTWar
Special Operations Management

Post#9 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 12:11 pm

By scenarios do you mean like: border patrol/incursion, HVT transport/capture?

A simple adaptation of the regular eutw format would be a defend/attack idea with a 3 or more flag linear game. Each flag defence is one life per defender two for attackers or similar ratio. Each retreat/capture resets lives and re spawns. Then swap sides.

Rather than playing with credits is there an interface to view fully pre loaded class set ups? Perhaps even squad setups (1 DMR 1 medic 1 gunner etc)

Are these the ideas your thinking off?
T4H Arma 3 Units
REVELATION 6:8 "And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Khan1
Community Member

Post#10 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 1:48 pm

+1

trnapster
Community Member

Post#11 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 2:08 pm

I'm on mobile right now so I keep it short. I will update the original post with more info later today.

- There will be no respawn in PvP
- Limited respawn during the Coop Campaign (probably in waves, more details soon)
- Coop gives us the ability to play large-scale Company-sized sessions when we have enough players
- There will be premade player slots with fixed loadout. Everyone is allowed to fill any role. (Helicopter roles will be limited to those who can actually fly)
- PvP will probably be limited to the standard fireteam-squadleader-command platoon layout with additional special roles like MMG, MAT, etc in scenarios where this makes sense
- COOP will feature a wide variety of roles including CAS, FAC/FO, Mortar, Sniper team, etc
- There will be no flags
- PvP objectives will be mainly Attack/Defend a certain area in the beginning. For the future I can imagine a wide variety of different objective types
- The coop campaign will feature dynamic objectives. One mission will affect the next one and so on.
- AI for the coop campaign is a big concern for me as well. But I'm confident that I can tweak it so that is both challenging and fair.

I will write more about objectives and roles when I'm home.
- Linus Torvalds

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#12 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 2:51 pm

You can count me in!

trnapster
Community Member

Post#13 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 5:16 pm

Some PvP objective ideas:
- Classic Attack/Defend. Team A has to defend one or more important structures while Team B tries to take it.

- Team A has to bring a light armored convoy from point A to point B while Team B has to intercept them. Team B has light transport helicopter for scouting and transport of a small special forces team and a few light attack vehicles.

- Team A has to recover a certain number of friendly soldier cut off behind enemy lines. Team B has to prevent that and capture the cut off soldiers
- Linus Torvalds

trnapster
Community Member

Post#14 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 5:25 pm

Standard PvP Role Selection:

(1x) Platoon HQ:
- Platoon Commander
- Platoon Sergeant
- Platoon Medic

(2-3x) Squadlead
- Squadleader
- Squad Medic

(2x per Squad) Fireteam
- Fireteam Leader
- Automatic Rifleman
- Assistant Automatic Rifleman (Ammo Bearer)
- Rifleman AT
- Rifleman (AT)
- Rifleman (AT)

(1x) Weaponssquad (Special Squad that utilizes special Equipment like MMG, MAT, HAT, ..)
- Squadleader
- Gunner
- Rifleman

This list is per team and can be heavily modified depending on the mission. Additionally it has to be balanced depending on the mission. For example in Classic Attack/Defend the Attacking team should have more players than the defending.
- Linus Torvalds

trnapster
Community Member

Post#15 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 5:32 pm

My Coop Campaign will work on an Episodes basis. It will feature a large scale invasion of an island (probably Altis... we will see).
I plan to have the players play different units around the island. Example:
Week 1: Special Forces team is trying to take out the Air defenses as preparation
Week 2: Another SF team is destroying a Tank Battalion on another part of the island during the same timespan as the other team
Week 3: The main invasion is happening. Depending on the results of the SF raids the players will encounter different threats.

This will also work against the players. For example if a A-10 pilot is not following the rules of engagement and bomb civilian structures the players might face Guerrilla/Irregular troops in the future.

I plan to have one Coop scenario run for 1-1,5h... The rest of the session will probably be filled with PvP. So we will probably play quite a lot more PvP than Coop.
- Linus Torvalds

trnapster
Community Member

Post#16 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 6:46 pm

I have create the subforum now... filling it with detailed information now
- Linus Torvalds

trnapster
Community Member

Post#17 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 7:44 pm

Mandatory Mods:
CBA
ACRE 2
ACE 3
RHS (USAF & AFRF)
Killoch's Multinational Pack
Joint Rails
CUP
STHUD

Optional Mods:
ST Stamina
Head Range Plus

I think those are a good foundation. If you think something is missing please tell me.
- Linus Torvalds

Joe90
Donator

Post#18 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 10:01 pm

Yes, I am interested, but prefer PVP to Coop missions.

zef
Community Member

Post#19 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 10:05 pm

Me too, but ccop is cool for getting to know people and use of cool mods :P

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#20 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 10:45 pm

trnapster wrote:I think those are a good foundation. If you think something is missing please tell me.

Optional: Push to Hear

Elvis_FIN
Donator

Post#21 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 10:49 pm

trnapster wrote:Mandatory Mods:
ACRE 2
ACE 3
RHS (USAF & AFRF)
CUP

How much these mods require learning/training before actual event?
Never used ACRE, ACE or CUP. RHS I played few missions and some scopes need learning to know how to hit anything :D

Nordic_Harold
Community Member

Post#22 » Sat 11 Jul, 2015 11:49 pm

ACE 3 downloads, documentation and tutorials here.
Last edited by Nordic_Harold on Sun 12 Jul, 2015 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

trnapster
Community Member

Post#23 » Sun 12 Jul, 2015 12:07 am

I'm planning to do a small bootcamp before the first session where I help people installing the mods and give them a small introduction in using them.
- Linus Torvalds

Nordic_Harold
Community Member

Post#24 » Sun 12 Jul, 2015 12:09 am

Participants shouldn't rely on trnapster to spoon feed them information. They should do as much as they can before the event, including downloading and practicing ACE3 and ACRE2. trnapster's time is better spent mission making and organizing the events. It's a good idea to have a small bootcamp about the mods, but I don't think players should rely on it entirely.

trnapster
Community Member

Post#25 » Sun 12 Jul, 2015 12:10 am

Elvis_FIN wrote:
trnapster wrote:I think those are a good foundation. If you think something is missing please tell me.

Optional: Push to Hear

I believe ACRE2 has introduced a neat Vehicle Intercom System that makes it easier to communicate.
- Linus Torvalds